Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Adviser
    Yeah man, I loved The Departed. Great movie. One of Scorsese's finest.

Adviser
    Public Enemies

So many good things about this movie, but let's start with the obvious. It's got Johnny Depp and Christian Bale, two of my favorite actors. This movie is beautifully shot and gives a great depression 20s feel, not to mention a great soundtrack which plays when banks are being robbed. Speaking of banks being robbed, the action/shooting sequences are amazingly tense and some of the best I have ever seen in film. Depp was great as the notorious bank thief John Dillinger and Bale was certainly intriguing as the FBI agent Melvin Purvis. This movie had a slow start, approximately the first 30-40 minutes, but when things kicked off, man did they. I absolutely adored the ending and Depp is one of the very few actors that can make you sympathize with a man like Dillinger.

8.5/10. Would have been higher if it hadn't been for the rather slow start. I also felt like they didn't really go too deep into Depp's or Bale's character. Just gave an outside view of these two.

Adviser
    Yojimbo

A milestone in cinema. Hell, a milestone in general. Toshiro Mifune, probably Japan's greatest actor of all time, is responsible for creating the badass, lone protagonist persona that has no doubt inspired many mangas, westerns, and other works. It was through this film, in which he portrays a lone ronin without much of a purpose wandering into a town that is filled with crime and gang warfare. He uses his wit and sword in order to combat the oppression, attempting to live by his old, fading, samurai code.

Beautifully shot, and it is apparent that westerns have had an influence on this. Although, this in turn, has influenced westerns as previously stated. Anyways, good characters, good story, and good visuals. Yet, I thought it would be more grand. More sword fighting. More focus on just how despicable the town has turned into thanks to the two organizations.

But despite that, this film is a masterpiece. 8.5/10.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

I saw the devil

Seriously, this movie is fucked up... The protagonist, at one point, continuously hits a guy on his penis with a hammer. He's veeeery fucked up for revenge. A must watch, though... 8/10

Adviser
    Citizen Kane

A masterpiece. Marvelous storytelling concerning a man who rose to power and became successful, even if it meant using shrewd methods and manipulating the general public. Eventually, it all comes crashing down for Charles Foster Kane when certain things about him are revealed to this same public that he specializes in concerning their stances and opinions. The whole plot centers around what was meant by Kane's last words when he died. Rosebud. In order to find the meaning, reporters interview the people who knew him. The ending finally reveals the significance of the word, as the movie comes full circle.

Outstanding film. It is clear many films succeeding this one are influenced by it. One of the finest works I have ever viewed.

9/10.

Adviser
    Training Day

I came into this movie with the mindset of it being meh. But man I was wrong. I have two words for this film. Denzel Washington. This is the guy who played Malcolm X? Really? He is extremely manipulative and charismatic in this movie, and his ending speech is one of the greatest rants I have seen in film. Ethan Hawke was really good also. The atmosphere for this film really does feel realistic as well.

8.5/10.

Public Enemies is a quality film.

The Book of Eli - A post-apocalyptic story about a man (Denzel Washington) carrying the last bible in existence 'west'. Honestly, this film is epic win, with Denzel Washington fucking up people's shit all through the film. A few areas are a bit hard to believe, but overall a good film. Gary Oldman plays his part fantastically well too. A good twist at the end also.

8.5/10

Adviser
    Kill Bill Volume 1

A badass woman who is after the people who left her for dead. This movie is crazy. So much style and homages to other genres. These include Kung Fu movies, Samurai movies, and even anime. Tarantino is really a one of a kind director, and a revolutionary one at that. I have yet to see Volume 2 but I am sure it will be equally impressive as this one.

Overall it is a good movie but there is only so far you can go with just style and flashiness. 7/10.

That bitch is crazy, but the movie is really good.^^

Adviser
    Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That bitch is crazy, but the movie is really good.^^
    Yeah, "The Bride" was awesome.

Uma Thurman be crazy.

I Love Sticky Buns
    Kill bill is such a bad movie, guys.

Adviser
    Oh look, another baseless claim from you.

I Love Sticky Buns

Adviser
    Rebecca

One of Hitchcock's finest. The story becomes darker and darker as it progresses on, from a young naive girl and her need to be accepted in her new, luxurious life into a dark murder/suicide that comes back to haunt the girl's husband and herself. Deliciously evil and cunning characters, contrasting brilliantly with the rather flawed protagonists. Hitchcock truly is a master of thrills and suspense. Hell, I was actually nervous when I was watching this movie in certain segments!

8.5/10. If this movie didn't drag a little after the first hour, it would've gotten a higher score.

Adviser
    Barry Lyndon

This film is a beautiful artwork. Almost every major shot in this film seems as though it has been expertly painted. Breathing visuals and details, as expected from Stanley Kubrick. The story is truly a grand one as well, following the adventures, the rise, and the fall of Redmond Barry who became to be known as the esteemed Barry Lyndon later in his life by making the right moves at the right time.

This is a great period piece and presents itself very well, but the characters are simply too dull to be interested in.

7.5/10.

Adviser
    Seven Samurai

What a movie. Superb acting, backgrounds, battles, and plot. Toshiro Mifune is really a sight on screen and he was great for comic relief, yet rose up to the challenge when called for. The other samurais were great as well. This film is one of the most realistic I've ever seen. I felt like I was watching the battle from behind a tree or something instead of watching it from a screen. The plot is very diverse and tackles lots of themes.. I would have given this a straight ten, but the three and a half hour length did feel slightly too much.

9/10.

Adviser
    And Justice For All

This film was good but I felt like they were mixing up too much stuff and got sort of an unstable mix. Several times, this movie feels like satire, and several times, it feels like a serious courtroom drama story. It centers around Al Pacino, which is awesome, as Arthur Kirkland, an ethical hot headed lawyer who battles corruption and feels sympathy for his clients, saying "they're just people". He is very human and his character is great, boosted up tremendously by Pacino's performance.

7.5/10.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

M.I.L.F

Movie sucks. But it's obvious why I watched it... But still, 1/10

Your a faggot and jerked of to the guys?