Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1521
    There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Damn. Void liked AoU a lot more than I did.

Mfw Crispy/Allara posts The Bald Headed Negro's Avatar
    Civil War

Pretty good/10

Void

just thinking about Age of Ultron hurts my brain

I saw La La Land the other day.

I didn't think i'd have been into this, but man it was gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw La La Land the other day.

I didn't think i'd have been into this, but man it was gorgeous.
    Is it worth to watch? It won a lot of prizes but one friend said it sucked.

To which other movie can you compare it?
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Is it worth to watch? It won a lot of prizes but one friend said it sucked.

To which other movie can you compare it?
    Sadly my cinema culture sucks that bad, all I can say is two of my friends who are really into cinema said it's an unmatched masterpiece from the production to the acting.

From my part, I can say i entered the theater with a pretty skeptic attitude, cuz i expected to see a boring half-musical meatball of three hours of hot air, but by the time i came out of that place i fell in love completely. I'd rewatch it even tonight, even if it's that long. It does a great job at conveying emotions and the attention to details is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    Sadly my cinema culture sucks that bad, all I can say is two of my friends who are really into cinema said it's an unmatched masterpiece from the production to the acting.

From my part, I can say i entered the theater with a pretty skeptic attitude, cuz i expected to see a boring half-musical meatball of three hours of hot air, but by the time i came out of that place i fell in love completely. I'd rewatch it even tonight, even if it's that long. It does a great job at conveying emotions and the attention to details is incredible.
    So is not your typical high school musical / shitty rock of ages but more of a Chicago thing?
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

So is not your typical high school musical / shitty rock of ages but more of a Chicago thing?
    Yes yes, definitely.

Knowing you, if you go watch it you won't call it wasted time. Give it a try!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier:

8.5/10

Great action, though I wanted to see my boy Falcon do more. The story was pretty cool though the Hydra being a parasite on SHIELD angle all along sounds like a huge retcon or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Damn. Void liked AoU a lot more than I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Void

just thinking about Age of Ultron hurts my brain
    tbh, I heard the reviews and didn't want to watch it but saw some clips online and it drew me in. Plus it helps that I have little to no knowledge on Ultron whatsoever.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    badlands- 9/10 the setttings they chose to shoot at were pretty beautiful and the two leads did a phenomenal job. not sure how they made such a violent film come across so whimsical and carefree in atmoshphere (makes sense considering the emphasis on the youth theme).

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

There's the door Spaceman Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier:

8.5/10

Great action, though I wanted to see my boy Falcon do more. The story was pretty cool though the Hydra being a parasite on SHIELD angle all along sounds like a huge retcon or something.

tbh, I heard the reviews and didn't want to watch it but saw some clips online and it drew me in. Plus it helps that I have little to no knowledge on Ultron whatsoever.
    Your "boy."

That's sorta racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Your "boy."

That's sorta racist.
    mein neger then

Recently watched Sausage Party. Was hilarious as fuck. All of the references and the thought provoking topic presented to the viewer makes the movie amazing.

10/10 Would want a sequel again.

The Red Army is here to rule with an Iron Fist!
    The Russians are back!

Just watched 50 days of summer, I was always to not watch it for what it represents but decided to give it a try out of curiosity.

Shit hipster movie, best part is the little sister throwing truth bombs. Either way I would have broke up with Summer the moment she said she doesnt do serious relationships and likes to date other people.

Also the Smiths being underated
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Split 7/10 >>> James McCavoy pretty much saved the entire movie. Whats more he does it as multiple characters.
    The Girl on The Train 7.5/10. I love psychological thrillers and this reminded me of Rosamund Pike's Gone Girl or The Loft. The cast was strong but I feel the tame plot didn't do it any favors.
    Decent twist.

Just watched 50 days of summer, I was always to not watch it for what it represents but decided to give it a try out of curiosity.

Shit hipster movie, best part is the little sister throwing truth bombs. Either way I would have broke up with Summer the moment she said she doesnt do serious relationships and likes to date other people.

Also the Smiths being underated

The movies has a great soundtrack though. Its how I found out about MummRa. Best part has to be the brutal realization Summer wasn't fucking with him at all. Invited him to her wedding/engagement ceremony with ruthless abandon. Its cold out here

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Split 7/10 >>> James McCavoy pretty much saved the entire movie. Whats more he does it as multiple characters.
    The Girl on The Train 7.5/10. I love psychological thrillers and this reminded me of Rosamund Pike's Gone Girl or The Loft. The cast was strong but I feel the tame plot didn't do it any favors.
    Decent twist.

The movies has a great soundtrack though. Its how I found out about MummRa. Best part has to be the brutal realization Summer wasn't fucking with him at all. Invited him to her wedding/engagement ceremony with ruthless abandon. Its cold out here
    I didnt like her, specially when she was crying during the wedding movie scene, she wanted a stable relationship, but she didnt have the right guy but for the moment lets date this nice dude and tell him i dont do stable.

Also I loved the girl on the train, not gonna say it is a 10/10 but i love to solve misteries and I was right about the ex husband having an affair with the girl, I mean the moment she tells she had a girl gave it away. She hated the girl she babysitted for that reason and the husband had a history of being a cheater so.

Gone girl on the other hand tho, was fantastic and that was a twist I never expected. So perfect
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Arrival 9/10

What a great movie

Taken

10/10

Taken 2

9/10

The Seven God Beasts

1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm
    400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei
    700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman "Snow Emperor" Xue Nu
    100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant
    300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai
    100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya
    700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor

Nocturnal Animals, 2016, nearly 2h

Tom Ford's second is a mixed bag. It starts with really, really, really fat naked women dancing around - who later serve no purpose (well, apparently according to Ford they stand for fat and aging America... ach) - talk about jumping the shark in the first few seconds.

The fat women belong to an ("junk") art exhibition by Amy Adams' character, who is - short version - torn between memories of her ex-husband and her current loveless/on-sided relationship.
    In another story, Jake Gyllenhaal & Michael Shannon play two guys with nothing to lose in a revenge flick. And they actually do it pretty well. The only problem being that the film is following them and said Amy Adam's story. Which gives you an experience like watching an intense, well shot and well played thriller on your TV and having someone else switching to Sex and the city (I never saw, but I muse it is kinda alike) during the commercial breaks.

Granted, the two stories are a bit intertwined, yet the "Amy Adams" plot rather adds forced topics yet nothing good except a jump scare and an ending open for interpretation. Also you don't get to know Amy's character enough to actually care about her plot.

Which is a waste. Had Tom Ford stuck to the revenge plot exclusively, it could have become a really great thriller. The night assault is down-to-earth and thus very intense (kinda makes you wish for a gun in your car). The painful questioning Jyllenhaal goes through afterwards, by detective Shannon on the outside and himself on the inside is doing a lot right and has potential. And them executing their revenge fast and at times astonishingly careless is rather fresh.

Hardcore Herny, 2016, ca. 90 minutes

The Russians are at it again. After the 96 minute sequence shot from "Russian Ark", they now gift us with first-person-perspective "Hardcore Henry".

Henry's actor with the go-pros, wrestling with a baddy on set:

I'm kinda surprised by the many negative reviews. Of course the story is nothing too big and the ending no surprise, but please, it is called "Hardcore Henry". You can't hate on Hardcore Henry for delivering just as promised. Or even more.

As it delivers fast-paced action, making me laugh at times (out of surprise or some actual jokes delivered), the soundtrack is surprisingly wide-ranged => most of the time it is hell of a fun. A popcorn flick at it's best. Plus Sharlto Copley gives a solid fun performance.

Truth be told, the last half hour and especially the endfight at times get heavy/gruesome , but I guess most movie-goers nowadays will be used to worse, especially since the violence here is directed against evil soldiers and *spoilers*.

-> if you're looking for 90 minutes of simple, no-nonsense-action, look no further