Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Adviser
    I just finished Spiderman the Animated Series from the 90s today. Overall I have to say it hasn't aged well and was disappointing but there was some good stuff here and there.
    Last edited by Z; 05-29-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Samurai Jack anytime.
    Luffy stomping Crocodile:

In your dreams faggots!

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just finished Spiderman the Animated Series from the 90s today. Overall I have to say it hasn't aged well and was disappointing but there was some good stuff here and there.
    I used to fucking love that show, but it indeed hasn't aged well. They should make a modern remake in the same style though, it really caught the essence of Spiderman and his villains.

Adviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Q View Post
    I used to fucking love that show, but it indeed hasn't aged well. They should make a modern remake in the same style though, it really caught the essence of Spiderman and his villains.
    Well they did make Spectacular Spiderman which I hear is really good although I haven't tried it out. Yet.

The Kingpin was amazing in the show though.

Adviser
    So I'm probably going to be finished with DuckTales in a few days. Give me some suggestions as to what cartoon I should watch next.

Right now I'm thinking between Gargoyles, Aladdin the Animated Series, and the original 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

^^
    Spectacular Spiderman was just that. Spectacular.

And then they cancelled it like they did to practically all of my favorite shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    So I'm probably going to be finished with DuckTales in a few days. Give me some suggestions as to what cartoon I should watch next.

Right now I'm thinking between Gargoyles, Aladdin the Animated Series, and the original 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    The Maxx

Spectacular Spiderman left a lot to be desired in the art department for me though. It could also would've been a lot better if it was a bit more adult orientated.

That bothered me at first too. The trailers made it look like crap. Then I watched it and that didn't bother me at all.

Adviser
    I just watched Spiderman the Animated Series a little while ago so I'm probably not going to watch Spectacular for a while.

I'm watching the 6th and 7th seasons of TMNT. A lot better than the 4th and 5th seasons at least.

Adviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I'm watching the 6th and 7th seasons of TMNT. A lot better than the 4th and 5th seasons at least.
    Really? I liked the 4th and 5th better because at least the animation was still the same. 6th had lame villains and the animation was terrible. 7th had the same quality animation and I hated Cyber Shredder.

The 4th and 5th seasons were complete crap imo. How the hell are you going to make freaking Karai stronger than Splinter out of the blue? Have Leo easily infiltrate Karai's base only to have trouble doing so with his brothers later on? Give the turtles magic medallions that allow them to do things that took the ninja tribunal years and years to learn?

The 6th and 7th seasons were at least mostly consistent with the storyline.

Adviser
    Oh well I basically threw all attempts at trying to make sense out the window when I watched the 4th and 5th seasons lol. They were definitely bad don't get me wrong, it's just that I thought that 6th and 7th were even worse. The whole show went down after the 3rd season and never picked itself up again.

Boondocks dmn right hilarious.

Jutice League/Unlimited: This one's my all-time favorite. From the soundtrack, to the excellent animation, the writing, voice acting and great fight scenes, there's lots of things to like about it. There were some episodes that were so good that I'd easily pit them against some of the best movies I've seen. I also appreciate the fact that it gave the spotlight to a large number of lesser-known heroes.

Star Wars — The Clone Wars: The show had plenty of great moments, but most importantly it added depth and expanded the characters of Darth Maul and Anakin Skywalker — two characters who where handled pretty badly in the prequel films. At same time it give us memorable characters like Asajj Ventress, Ahsoka Tano, and Cad Bane, a personal favorite. I hated how Disney rushed the show's ending when they bought Lucasfilm, the showrunners had one or two more seasons planned originally.

Other favorites...

- Samurai Jack
    - Batman Beyond
    - Teen Titans
    - Spider-Man (1994 cartoon)
    - Futurama
    - Invader Zim
    - Black Dynamite

btw, Samurai Jack is coming back this year, can't freakin' wait

The last airbender and Teen Titans were amazing

Teen titans 2003 was bombastic

*Cracks fingers*