Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1. #1
    Adviser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,404

    Favorite Cartoons?

    Name them, and preferably, give a brief statement about the show and why you like it.

  2. #2
    Avatar: The Last Airbender: The closest Nickelodeon could come to anime, and it was damn good. A great story, the action was superb and they didn't even have to you curse words and blood to have those things.

    Courage the Cowardly Dog: Oh man, the best Cartoon EVER. When I was a kid, it used to scare the SHIT outta' me because it had a dark feeling to it, and I loved every moment of it. Plus, how could anyone not laugh at the faces that dog made?

  3. #3
    bode expiatório Kaang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,912
    Kids next door
    ed edd n eddy
    rugrats
    chalk zone
    be be's kids

    the reason I like them is the same(except angry beavers) because the caputured the essence of what kids are. They didn't rely on heavy sillyness but real life things the creators probably remember as kids. Ed edd n eddy was like the basis of all childhood interaction's. There was the jock or cool guy the girl that everybody wanted, the dumb one the annoying kids, the smart guy the foreign guy and the guy who was always trying to get over on people.

    Rugrats will never be recreated. It made kids and grown fucking people sit down and watch a bunch of infants. No the infants didn't smack each other in the head with hammers and make funny noises but they were good friends.

    KND was the alltime best spokeperson for how kids feel about life and adults.

    Cartoon's nowadays are to adult for my liking not to mention they usually rely on relationship's which is so stupid for a cartoon. Adventure time is good but I think if I saw it as a kid I would say it's stupid.

  4. #4
    Recess and Proud Family

    This shit would come on every day when I got home from school, god bless those times. Family channel was the stuff back then man.

    Hey Arnold comes to mind, that shit was good too.
    Last edited by V; 01-14-2012 at 05:58 AM.

  5. #5
    bode expiatório Kaang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,912
    Aww I hate myself for not mentioning the two above me. recess use to be on right when I came home from school which was sweet because we hardly ever got recess in my school.

  6. #6
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

    The Gaddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    22,032
    Ed, Edd & Eddy

    Totally amazing...

  7. #7
    I Love Sticky Buns
    Guest
    Shows only?

  8. #8
    Adviser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,404
    Batman the Animated Series - So good. The best cartoon ever made in my opinion. It revolutionized the superhero cartoons and wasn't just for kids. And of course, perfect voice acting.

    Superman the Animated Series - Another good one. Made by the same team that produced Batman the Animated Series. Obviously this show was less darker but it was a great fit for the Man of Steel. The finale was great too.

    Justice League/Unlimited - Amazing show that continues and ties with Superman and Batman the animated series. The opening themes are great, especially the JLU one, which is imo the best opening to an animated series ever. Some episodes were masterpieces.

    I'm in the process of re-watching some good cartoons, so I'll post more later. But these three are the ones that really stick out.

    Quote Originally Posted by theAnti-Mammal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shows only?
    Yep.

  9. #9
    Samurai Jack

    This show is not only stylish and full of action, but the character of Jack is one of the most likable and sympathetic characters to cross the screen of Cartoon Network. The show itself is an experience. It's unique art style and direction engrosses you into the world and keeps you waiting for more. The fact that there can be entire episodes where not a single word is uttered and yet the episode is just as good as another with dialogue or even better is quite telling.

    I have more but I'm just doing one for now.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,225
    Recess
    Code Lyoko
    Galactic Football - Even though it was shite and the same action repeated over and over.
    Xiaolin Showdown - Was angry they didn't add another series.
    Most of the others I liked were anime.

  11. #11
    I Love Sticky Buns
    Guest
    Rockos' Modern Life, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Beavis and Butthead, The Venture Bros, Moral Orel, Thundercats.

  12. #12
    Adviser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,404
    I'm starting the 2003 TMNT animated series. Looks good so far.

  13. #13
    Batman: the animated series; Insane atmosphere. Perfect rendering of batman imho the best Batman cartoon around. (same with the spiderman the 90's one was my fav) Beautiful sound and shady stuff. It wasn't superhighly detailed, but I just LOVED the shady animations.

    X-men, always enjoyed x-men. aka wolverine. shame fucking morph had to die in first episode... total awesome character. why jubilee ffs?

    M.A.S.K. - Cool transformeresque design and multibillionaire secret evil organisation Venom. Cool protagonist and sidekick. Nothing fucking annoying but solid as shit. And sweet animations.


    Dinoriders; DINOS IN FUCKING SF ARMOR. fuck yeah Questar battling it out with Krulos with his Dino Riders. Fucking in prehistoric earth! Did I say DINOS? FUCK YEAH.

    Dexter's Laboratory - funny shit and DeeDee blowing up stuff.

    Eek the Cat and especially the Terrible Thunderlizards; man I love this show fucking funny stuff and again DINOS

    Gargoyles; too many reasons to name. just sweet stuff

    I'll think up of more eventually.


    People think it's the alone of being forever alone that hurts the most, but that's not true. Everybody's alone sometimes, whether for periods when they're not dating anyone or just for a weekend while their spouse is at a conference. Alone is part of the human condition. It's the forever that pulls down the corners of your mouth just a little bit when you give someone a smile meant to indicate that everything's okay with you even though you want to scream that nothing's okay and never will be. It's the forever that tastes bitter in the back of your throat when you see a happy couple walking in the park or laughing in a restaurant. It's the forever that has you wide awake staring at your ceiling into the wee hours of the morning.Forever alone.
    There's an ongoing half-serious claim in our culture that men think about sex all the time. Every 17 seconds or so. That may be true for some guys but not a forever alone. After awhile you stop being able to think about sex, at least the way other people do. You can think about it abstractly, or when watching other people perform a stylized version of it alone in your room while you use your hand to joylessly complete a sad shadow of the biological imperative, but you stop being able to imagine sex as something you could be a part of. You see a woman in the springtime, her midriff peeking out from between the soft cotton of a shirt and the rougher waist of a pair of jeans. You start to imagine her naked, constructing a fantasy in detail, the way her breasts would sit against her chest, the soft down or absence thereof on her pubic area, and then you try to insert yourself into her presence and the fantasy crumbles to dust under the weight of its own absurdity. You know there's no chain of events, no course of actions, that could lead to that ill defined imaginary room where the two of you would meet in an act of carnal congress. There's no way to there from where you are, it's not even an alternate universe, it's an inconceivable one. It's like trying to imagine a world where everything else is the same except elephants float around like helium balloons and have to be anchored by their trunks or they'll float away. An inherently absurd thought. That's the idea of you and her being intimate. So you look away from that tiny sliver of skin, trying to keep your face from contorting in pain and bitterness. Where other men might smile at her you don't, because your smile sucks, and you suck. Forever alone.
    Eventually you don't even bother to build the image only to have it blow it away like a sand painting in a tornado. You imagine lesser things. The brush of a cool, soft, feminine hand against yours. Mundane couple bullshit like eating pancakes on a Sunday morning or watching a movie or just sharing your day with someone who gives a fuck and is not your mother. The other party in these pathetic little domestic tableaus is ill defined in your mind, because if you imagined her clearly enough to make her realistic then you know she wouldn't want you. And even with this feminine blur, this placeholder, this blurry silhouette of nothingness you project your emotions onto, the person she's with isn't really you. It's a better version of you, a thinner less obnoxious version who will control his temper before saying something cutting, who doesn't geek out and talk too much, who is free from the flaws who make you who you are and assure that nobody else will ever want to share their life with that person. Then you realize that you're fantasizing about an Archie Comics version of yourself making tomato soup for an undefined feminine projection blob, and you realize that even the part of you that creates these images doesn't want to be with you and can't imagine anyone who might. Forever alone.
    Around you the world stays mostly the same. People fall in love, hit milestones, get married, have kids. You're even jealous of the divorcees because you know that this is just a bump in the road for them, part of their journey. You're still at the starting line watching them recede, wanting to chase them and catch up, knowing you never will. But while the world is almost static, you are aging. Moving through your life alone. You start to get bitter at the milestones you've missed and the chances you'll never have. You see the graying of your hair and the years piling on like rust eating at the hull of a decommissioned ship and you realize that your opportunity for young love is already past. Even if you got it together and got in the game you'd just have a shot at middle aged love. It doesn't matter if you think women age like a fine wine, what wine connoisseur wants to live his life without ever tasting the shocking astringency of the harsh tanins of youth. Even if that's not your thing you don't want to cut it off forever. But you have. You won't even have memories of those very good years, as the song says, to keep you warm as you slide towards your dotage. All you have is your bursting store room of regrets and bitterness, and you can always cram in more. And you know that that rusty battleship will some day have a hole in its hull and be fixable, good for nothing more than salvage scrap. You add up the time it would take to lose the weight, get your teeth fixed, figure out your professional career, the time until you can smile at that woman in the coffee shop with confidence rather than the stomach sickness of self hate, and you realize it all adds up to a very big number. Everyone thinks of themselves as eternally 22 but at some point you are forced to admit that you are 37 and half your life is over and the back nine of the remaining half is not a time when people finally get that whole dating thing right. If the window is not closed its halfway there and sliding fast. Forever alone.
    All this breeds desperation and depression so you shove it back because you need to function, you need to keep eating and staying warm, you can't just stop and feel. But your dam is fragile and it leaks. And when you see that girl whose hand you want to brush against, who could sit with you looking into your eyes through the steam coming off her coffee cup and just be, who could understand you (she probably couldn't, but this is something men like to project on to women) you feel the dam start to buckle and the river behind it start to surge and you don't want to break down crying in the coffee shop because that's not what people do and if you can't have love at least you can have dignity, or the appearance of dignity, or the delusion of the appearance of dignity, so you turn your face to the side, you hope and pray she doesn't try to draw your attention (generally safe on that count, old chum) and you put one fucking foot in front of the other and continue down your sad and barren blighted path. Forever alone.

  14. #14
    Resist the Flesh Minty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arzareth
    Posts
    8,390
    1. King of the Hill- very funny. The humor is some of the best I've seen.
    2. Regular Show- the creators of this cartoon must have been extremely high.
    3. Dexter's Lab/PowerPuff Girls- both are very funny.
    4. Spongebob Squarepants- the first 7 or so seasons were awesome. Some jokes take a while to get.
    5. Shaolin Showdown- nice action, good story, and humor.

    Honorable mentions: Timon and Pumba, Kim Possible, and Phineas and Ferb.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

  15. #15
    Legendary Neopets Pimp Neomysterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Darigan Citadel
    Posts
    127
    So many good cartoons, but I'm no pro at coming with reasons. Here you go anyway:

    The Simpsons- The older episodes of the series are the better ones. One series that I'd take over Seinfeld anytime when it comes to humour and other life situations.
    Ren & Stimpy- A good kids cartoon that snuck in adult humour. The early John K. episodes are the best ones, though I didn't mind the Bob Camp episodes.
    Eek the Cat- I never expected to see another fan of that cartoon. All (or most) of the episode titles of that series poke fun at actual movie titles. It's like a decent Garfield alternative if you ask me.
    Rocko's Modern Life- One cartoon that I'd take over SpongeBob anytime. If you want some more adult gags snuck into a kids show, watch this.
    Aaahh!!! Real Monsters- That one Klasky-Csupo Nicktoon that I prefer over most others (except for early 90s Rugrats). If you'd like to see a cartoon with some decent scary monsters, give Aaahh!!! Real Monsters a go.
    Hey Arnold- Not only this one's funny, this series also taught me about life lessons for some peculiar reason.
    Angry Beavers- I preferred Daggett out of the two. I never seen a more over-hyped character than Daggett Beaver in my life.
    CatDog- It's like a reverse Ren & Stimpy, with the Cat being the smart and cynical one, and the Dog being the doofus of the duo. The main character's body physique is rather unique compared to most.

    I'll add more toons later.

    Facebook - Twitter - Neopets
    I'm back, ya fools!

  16. #16
    ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ Sixx Paths Of Pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    467
    All Tom and Jerry cartoons Nuff said

  17. #17
    Surgeon of Death Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    86
    Batman: The Animated Series - Absolutely my favorite cartoon of all time. Great stories, great animation (for the time, though it still holds up surprisingly well), great art style and awesome voice acting. Just all around amazing as far as I'm concerned.

    Justice League/Justice League Unlimited - Not quite as good as Batman: TAS, in my opinion, but still awesome. Had a lot more diverse storylines and tons of great DC universe characters including The Question, who became one of my favorites.

    X-men: The Animated Series - I put this series almost on the same level as Batman: TAS, but not quite. The best Marvel animated series of all time (though Spiderman: TAS and the new Avengers show are pretty good, too) and a really fun watch with lots of cool episodes. It also has the distinction of being the first thing to introduce me to the X-men in any form, so that's worth something. Sadly, the animation doesn't seem to hold up as well as Batman: TAS, though, but it's still a good watch.

    Rocko's Modern Life - This was (and remains) one of my favorite animated shows. Really funny with a lot of adult jokes laced throughout and just constantly entertaining.

    Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The current CGI series (if it counts as a cartoon) has really grown on me and become one of my favorite animated shows. While a lot of people seem to write it off as a bad "kiddy show", they're really very wrong. It has pretty much steadily improved since it began and has had a lot of very dark moments and arcs. Most of the episodes are very well written and the animation is top notch. I would suggest that any Star Wars fan (even if you hate the prequels) to give the show a shot and watch at least the first season. You'll love it.

    The World of David the Gnome - Not really a great show per se, but it just nostalgia bombs me so much that I have to mention it. The theme song alone takes me back to the time when I was a small child and it just makes me feel warm and happy.


    I would add Avatar: The Last Airbender to my list, but I've actually not finished watching that series yet despite it being complete for a while. It will probably be on my list when I finally get around to finishing it, though.

  18. #18
    Rocko's Modern Life - This was (and remains) one of my favorite animated shows. Really funny with a lot of adult jokes laced throughout and just constantly entertaining.

    this. it was so great, nice humor everything was well done.

  19. #19
    Talking about good 3d shows, you guys watched Beast Wars and better even fucking REBOOT!

    FUck man those were sweet as hell.


    People think it's the alone of being forever alone that hurts the most, but that's not true. Everybody's alone sometimes, whether for periods when they're not dating anyone or just for a weekend while their spouse is at a conference. Alone is part of the human condition. It's the forever that pulls down the corners of your mouth just a little bit when you give someone a smile meant to indicate that everything's okay with you even though you want to scream that nothing's okay and never will be. It's the forever that tastes bitter in the back of your throat when you see a happy couple walking in the park or laughing in a restaurant. It's the forever that has you wide awake staring at your ceiling into the wee hours of the morning.Forever alone.
    There's an ongoing half-serious claim in our culture that men think about sex all the time. Every 17 seconds or so. That may be true for some guys but not a forever alone. After awhile you stop being able to think about sex, at least the way other people do. You can think about it abstractly, or when watching other people perform a stylized version of it alone in your room while you use your hand to joylessly complete a sad shadow of the biological imperative, but you stop being able to imagine sex as something you could be a part of. You see a woman in the springtime, her midriff peeking out from between the soft cotton of a shirt and the rougher waist of a pair of jeans. You start to imagine her naked, constructing a fantasy in detail, the way her breasts would sit against her chest, the soft down or absence thereof on her pubic area, and then you try to insert yourself into her presence and the fantasy crumbles to dust under the weight of its own absurdity. You know there's no chain of events, no course of actions, that could lead to that ill defined imaginary room where the two of you would meet in an act of carnal congress. There's no way to there from where you are, it's not even an alternate universe, it's an inconceivable one. It's like trying to imagine a world where everything else is the same except elephants float around like helium balloons and have to be anchored by their trunks or they'll float away. An inherently absurd thought. That's the idea of you and her being intimate. So you look away from that tiny sliver of skin, trying to keep your face from contorting in pain and bitterness. Where other men might smile at her you don't, because your smile sucks, and you suck. Forever alone.
    Eventually you don't even bother to build the image only to have it blow it away like a sand painting in a tornado. You imagine lesser things. The brush of a cool, soft, feminine hand against yours. Mundane couple bullshit like eating pancakes on a Sunday morning or watching a movie or just sharing your day with someone who gives a fuck and is not your mother. The other party in these pathetic little domestic tableaus is ill defined in your mind, because if you imagined her clearly enough to make her realistic then you know she wouldn't want you. And even with this feminine blur, this placeholder, this blurry silhouette of nothingness you project your emotions onto, the person she's with isn't really you. It's a better version of you, a thinner less obnoxious version who will control his temper before saying something cutting, who doesn't geek out and talk too much, who is free from the flaws who make you who you are and assure that nobody else will ever want to share their life with that person. Then you realize that you're fantasizing about an Archie Comics version of yourself making tomato soup for an undefined feminine projection blob, and you realize that even the part of you that creates these images doesn't want to be with you and can't imagine anyone who might. Forever alone.
    Around you the world stays mostly the same. People fall in love, hit milestones, get married, have kids. You're even jealous of the divorcees because you know that this is just a bump in the road for them, part of their journey. You're still at the starting line watching them recede, wanting to chase them and catch up, knowing you never will. But while the world is almost static, you are aging. Moving through your life alone. You start to get bitter at the milestones you've missed and the chances you'll never have. You see the graying of your hair and the years piling on like rust eating at the hull of a decommissioned ship and you realize that your opportunity for young love is already past. Even if you got it together and got in the game you'd just have a shot at middle aged love. It doesn't matter if you think women age like a fine wine, what wine connoisseur wants to live his life without ever tasting the shocking astringency of the harsh tanins of youth. Even if that's not your thing you don't want to cut it off forever. But you have. You won't even have memories of those very good years, as the song says, to keep you warm as you slide towards your dotage. All you have is your bursting store room of regrets and bitterness, and you can always cram in more. And you know that that rusty battleship will some day have a hole in its hull and be fixable, good for nothing more than salvage scrap. You add up the time it would take to lose the weight, get your teeth fixed, figure out your professional career, the time until you can smile at that woman in the coffee shop with confidence rather than the stomach sickness of self hate, and you realize it all adds up to a very big number. Everyone thinks of themselves as eternally 22 but at some point you are forced to admit that you are 37 and half your life is over and the back nine of the remaining half is not a time when people finally get that whole dating thing right. If the window is not closed its halfway there and sliding fast. Forever alone.
    All this breeds desperation and depression so you shove it back because you need to function, you need to keep eating and staying warm, you can't just stop and feel. But your dam is fragile and it leaks. And when you see that girl whose hand you want to brush against, who could sit with you looking into your eyes through the steam coming off her coffee cup and just be, who could understand you (she probably couldn't, but this is something men like to project on to women) you feel the dam start to buckle and the river behind it start to surge and you don't want to break down crying in the coffee shop because that's not what people do and if you can't have love at least you can have dignity, or the appearance of dignity, or the delusion of the appearance of dignity, so you turn your face to the side, you hope and pray she doesn't try to draw your attention (generally safe on that count, old chum) and you put one fucking foot in front of the other and continue down your sad and barren blighted path. Forever alone.

  20. #20
    I remember Beast Wars. Amazing show.




    "Don't count the days, make the days count"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •