Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gintama

If I had to pick two standalone episodes that can give you a feel of the quality of this anime, it'd be these two:

http://animeonthego.com/animelist/wa...ma-episode-231

http://animeonthego.com/animelist/wa...ma-episode-188

The first is just freakin' hilarious. The second is also pretty funny, but it also shows how capable the show is at switching from funny to serious.

I'm rewatching the series, still hilarious the second time around

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    This new chapter(471) is so freaking hilarious. I am literary rolling on the floor laughing.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

I need to catch up on the manga. I haven't really kept up with Gintama since the anime's conclusion but there's like 50 chapters I'm behind on now though. I'm gonna miss that amazing voice-acting though.

There are some great arcs in front of you. I also hope the anime will start again soon.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/210240/...-mata-noboru/1 Is out.

Nice chapter today, Its interesting to see how a sucky leader Gintoki actually is.

Interesting how Toshiro manage to reform Katsura in less than a chapter.

I was pretty let down when I found out the aliens were just dogs and elves.
    Because of you

families can get their child the cancer treatment need without worrying about how to pay for it. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food. They can provide free housing to families, so kids aren't stuck in a hospital room while receiving the best cancer care.

DONATE HERE
    https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...4262&pID=24671
    -------------------------
    I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ST. JUDE CHILDRENS RESEARCH HOSPITAL

http://www.animedreaming.tv/gintama-...are-episode-1/

I don't know how late this is but the movie has gotten a sub.

Warning.

The sub isn't great.

Chapter 477 is out.

So we finally get to know about Sakamoto's past.
    50916.jpg
    * This guy.

The chapters starts with Sakamoto and his cool vice-captain Mutsu talking to another merchant. After some pointless small talk and a flash forward we see Mutsu taking care of Sakamoto and dropping him in the sea, agreeing to take 80% of his insurance money (Gintoki 20%). Flash forward again and we can see Mutsu and Gintoki chatting at a bar. Gintoki talking about their first meeting with Sakamoto, after that Mutsu tells about hers.

Stuff we get to know in Gintoki's flashback:
    - Sakamoto is from a rich merchant family.
    - He was of vital importance to the rebels during the war. (Getting money for soldiers/weapons and other stuff.)
    - Was a great con man.
    - Puked on Gintoki and Takasugi first time they met.

43473.jpg* Mutsu.

Stuff we get to know in Mutsu's flashback:
    - After leaving the Joui war Sakamoto managed to get trapped inside a bamboo math and left to die in the ocean.
    - We find out that Mutsu was on a slave ship that was owned by the second biggest crime syndicate in the world. (Chidori)
    - Mutsu was working part time on the ship as a captain. (from Tuesday to Thursday)
    - She is the daughter of the boss and wanted to do normal girly things like:
    * Going to trendy cafes.
    * Demand protection money.
    * Baking cakes with different kinds of flour and sell them.
    * Eliminate traitors and stuff like that.
    - Mutsu is not a human(earthling)
    - Sakamoto bought the space ships from the pirates.

The chapter ends with Sakamoto getting fished up from the ocean by what we can assume is the pirates he swindled when he met Mutsu.

Summary:
    This was a great read.

A little update. The small talk Sakamoto made in the beginning made no sense to me, now after reading it 4-5 times I have started to understand what he said.
    Last edited by Nordlending; 01-23-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Relaxing in Konoha with Kakashi, Yamato, Iruka.
    Wished the anime would return

I've come to terms it might be a while before the anime returns, so I'm gonna start reading the manga.

Here's Chapter 481

Relaxing in Konoha with Kakashi, Yamato, Iruka.
    I still need to catch up on the Manga now.
    Really miss the anime and laughing so hard at each ep.

man i started watching this anime and its so funny

Manga's i read :
    Toriko
    One piece
    Shokugeki no Soma
    Prison School
    Attack on Tian
    Akame Ga Kill
    One Punch Man
    Dead Tube
    Berserk - Reading
    Nanatsu no Taizai - Reading

Like The Toriko Page :

Epic shit is going to happen

I havent read since the shogun saga, when kagura, tsukuyo? forgot her name and nobume were owning asses.
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

Quote Originally Posted by B. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I havent read since the shogun saga, when kagura, tsukuyo? forgot her name and nobume were owning asses.
    That problem is easy to solve. Start reading again.

norderbergending with some words of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Schnarf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    norderbergending with some words of wisdom
    Nord = Nordlending
    Er = Is
    Bergen = One of the big cities in Norway.
    Ding = The sound effect when you ring a bell.

I am not a city in Norway and I don't see what the sound effect has to do with it.