Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Mirror

Black Mirror

Black Mirror is a British television anthology series created by Charlie Brooker that shows the dark side of life and technology. The series is produced by Zeppotron for Endemol. Regarding the programme's content and structure, Brooker noted, "each episode has a different cast, a different setting, even a different reality. But they're all about the way we live now – and the way we might be living in 10 minutes' time if we're clumsy."[
    Anyone ever seen this? It only has like 6 episodes, but theyre all insanely good. Like seriously the writing is up there with the absolute best, I know a lot of people that argue that its worst episode is probably on par with a season finale of GoT. Which is pretty stupid since they really cant be compared at all, but yeah thats the kind of hype this series has. From one American to another do yourself a favour and watch this shit, it got an 8.8 on imdb I would genuinely urge anyone that has even a slight interest in television to pick this up. It may not be American but its almost American
    Last edited by Pimp of Pimps; 12-18-2016 at 10:28 PM.

As I was reading this, I saw a Ford commercial that ended with "in America."

Weird.

Joke aside, I am serious about how good this show is

Oh definitely. I've seen National Anthem and Fifteen Million Merits. Both were really good.

Didnt we have a black mirror thread?
    Im pretty sure I discussed it with someone here

Amazing show. The pig episode will always be a favorite. Is there going to be a new season?
    IRC, Inside Number 9 is a similar show if anyone is interested.

You probably talked about it in the utopia thread I remember quite a few british shows being talked about in there, did a google search for it before and nothing came up

My personal favourite was probably the entire history of you, but 15 million credits and waldo are close runners up.

Ive heard rumors that theres meant to be a third series released, but I dont think thats gonna be for a good while. Did you see the christmas special?

Nope, I don't think I did. I'll watch it as soon as I can, and I see it has Hamm? lol
    The theme of that entire history of you episode was really unsettling... I wonder how long it's going to be until we get there

Good series overall. 15 mil credits and waldo were a bit heavyhanded for my liking, the other episodes were all fantastic though.

Sounds interesting....I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds interesting....I'm intrigued.
    You should definitely watch (and give one of your insightful synopses') . Every episode introduces a different dystopian world/concept through small scale, well written stories. They're all on Netflix.

I agree it woud definitely be good to see you comment on it, even if youre not really a fan of sci fi stuff its still hard not to enjoy Black Mirror for what it is. Everyone Ive spoken to in real life has nothing but praise for it

Black mirror

Any one watch this show. I watch episode one and it is not that bad.

Ive seen all the episodes, its probably one of my favourite shows. There is an episode in the last series which I think could measure up to any of the best episodes any series could offer.

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    It's a great show. And I don't throw around the word "great" easily. First of all, it's a satire, which many don't even realize. It's an exaggeration of technology, our dependence on technology, and the vices which that dependence bring upon us. The acting and direction is also superb in each episode even though the settings and characters are always completely new.

Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

I've enjoyed every episode so far. Don't remember one show doing that.

I started watching this today because I'm experiencing Westworld withdrawls, it won't return until somewhere in 2018 so I'm gonna need another sci-fi thriller to fill that void for a little while

the first episode was good, I like the social commentary it made on the sensationalism rampant in our media and how easily it is exploited

was so funny how the population was siding with Prime Minister at first but halfway through the episode they were all on board to see him fuck a pig on live television

his wife was a real bitch at the end tho, wtf

4th season coming the 29th december

some really intelligent episodes and ideas.

some random shit as well tho

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    some really intelligent episodes and ideas.

some random shit as well tho

favourite episodes and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Snoop View Post

favourite episodes and why?
    there are not many i remember - or better, there are not many i remember and think about them anymore, which likely is the purpose of the series.

i really enjoyed the one where dying people can transfer their consciousness to a simulation. 10/10 would do that if there is no other way to stay alive in any way or form.

the one with the little blue bear was a great shot since it basically already works like this in a slightly altered version - i liked the emphasis on "fact checking" and "voting manipulation"

also liked the one with the implant in the eyes

-

really disliked the one with the mobile phone rating and the eternal punishment tv show

what about you?