Thread: Invincible

Invincible

Starts off slow, but heats up around issue 11 or so

Very enjoyable comic and GODDAMN the fights are violent as fuck and I wouldn't have it any other way

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    Great line, the graphic fights and PG art is just an amazing combo.

Welp, Thraggs back to being an evil jerk

Thragg was always Thragg he never changed.

He did change.

If he didnt, none of the main cast would be alive :/

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

All he wants is to ensure that his race survives. He's desperate. If there were a lot more Viltrumites, Thragg would've murdered everyone.

Fuck I havent read the latest issues

"As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

Bumping because I just bought the most recent issue. I implore the comic fans who don't follow this line to do so, it's easily one of the best in current circulation.

Also, fucking dino is of the master race.

//faint.

B

Been a while since this thread was updated, so necro bump I guess. Wish there was a BD emote for this.

Either way...

Invincible released it's final issue today. Issue 144 of a 15 year run. (Technically there are 145 issues, but whatever). If an issue were released once per month that's 12 years of a comic.

To put this in perspective: When Invincible was released all the way back in November of 2002, I was a Junior in High School still looking to the future of his life at the age of 17. Wolverine Origins had come out, the huge crossover between JSA and the JLA came out, 9-11 was still prominent, the iPhone wouldn't be released for five years and the very first iPod was a year old, the first Toby McGuire Spider-Man film was released, Michael Jackson was dangling his kid from a balcony, and just so many more things were happening. An entire lifetime ago. In a way this comic came out at the perfect time since Mark and I were pretty much the same age about to do the same things in life concerning high school.

In many ways I grew into an adult alongside this series as I enter my mid-30's this year, and so it's just one of those series you sort of always expected to be there. It explored a good chunk of the exciting and tumultuous parts of a superhero's life. The drama, the romance, the politics, the decisions, the hardships, the delight, all of it. And now it's come to an end. And what a way it went out.

No spoilers here, but Kirkman decided he wasn't going to leave the series on a cliffhanger for the characters and definitely concluded it on a final tone that... while saddening for me, was a good ending for the book.

For those of you who only ever heard of it, maybe never heard of it, sometimes read it, maybe even dropped it: I urge you to reconsider this book for one last time because while it had its ups and downs it was definitely a very unique comic book that more or less spun the concept of the superhero in an interesting and fun way. Even if there was sort of that one thing going on that made me think Kirkman went full Millar for a while to give a punch to the series. Though, upon reflection, it was maybe a little more interesting than horrendous.

Here's to you, Mark.

I wouldn't try that... I'm Invincible.