Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fights/Duels Tier List

We have a character tier list so why not have a fights/duel tier list. Basically, rank the difficulty of the victor in the fight(s) they were in. Example: Houken extreme diff Ouki.

Extreme Diff:
    Houken vs Ouki
    Shin vs Rinko
    Kyoukai vs Yuuren
    Moubu vs Kanmei

High Diff:
    Ouhon vs Eishi 2 +
    Gaimou vs Shin 2
    Houken vs Kyou
    Houken vs Duke

Mid Diff:
    Shin, Bajio, Tajifu, Birdman versus Rankai +
    Tou vs Rinbukun
    Rinbukun vs Rokuomi
    Gaimou vs Shin 1
    Shin vs Mangoku

Low Diff:
    Houken vs Hi Shin unit (Zhao war) +
    Ei Shi vs Ouhon 1

Renpa vs Mougou
    Duke vs Gokei

Stomp:
    Ouki vs Shoumou
    Houken vs Gekishin
    Bajio vs Shinseijou
    SHK vs Duke Juuteki
    Last edited by Void; 06-18-2015 at 08:16 PM.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:

Extreme diff:
    Moubu vs Kanmei
    Shin vs Rinko
    Ouki vs Houken

High diff:
    Ouhon vs Eishi 2
    Shin vs Gaimou 2
    Kyoukai vs Yuuren
    Houken vs Kyou

Mid diff:
    Tou vs Rinbukun
    Houken vs Duke
    Gaimou vs Shin 1
    Shin vs Mangoku

Low diff:
    Ei Shi vs Ouhon 1
    Renpa vs Mougou
    Duke vs Gokei

Stomp:
    Ouki vs Shoumou
    Gekishin vs Houken

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Extreme diff:
    Moubu vs Kanmei
    Shin vs Rinko
    Ouki vs Houken

High diff:
    Ouhon vs Eishi 2
    Shin vs Gaimou 2
    Kyoukai vs Yuuren
    Houken vs Kyou

Mid diff:
    Tou vs Rinbukun
    Houken vs Duke
    Gaimou vs Shin 1
    Shin vs Mangoku

Low diff:
    Ei Shi vs Ouhon 1
    Renpa vs Mougou
    Duke vs Gokei

Stomp:
    Ouki vs Shoumou
    Gekishin vs Houken
    You're no fun. I was hoping to go one by one.

Oh well, what's done is done. I'd like to dispute some then. Kyoukai versus Yuuren would be extreme diff to me. She had to reach beyond her limits with great risk to her life/mental state for that win. I'd say Ouhon got stomped the first time versus Ei Shi.

I'm game to put sub tiers within the tiers too. I think we need them, for duels such as Ouhon versus Ei Shi 2, where high diff alone doesn't really do it justice but extreme diff is overestimating it imo. High-high diff?

Also, we can have fights such as Houken versus Hi Shin unit or Mountain people + Shin versus Rankai.

Rinbukun vs Rukuomi was mid diff.
    Mangoku vs Kanou was essentially a tie before the distraction so I don't know where to put that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oda Nobunaga View Post
    You're no fun. I was hoping to go one by one.

Oh well, what's done is done. I'd like to dispute some then. Kyoukai versus Yuuren would be extreme diff to me. She had to reach beyond her limits with great risk to her life/mental state for that win. I'd say Ouhon got stomped the first time versus Ei Shi.
    Fair point about Kyoukai/Yuuren.
    I think Ouhon vs Eishi 1 was low diff, just because Ouhon did engage in a duel for a period of time. A stomp is where it's over in a split second IMO. Like how Ouki 1 paneled Shoumou.

I'm game to put sub tiers within the tiers too. I think we need them, for duels such as Ouhon versus Ei Shi 2, where high diff alone doesn't really do it justice but extreme diff is overestimating it imo. High-high diff?
    Ok...

Also, we can have fights such as Houken versus Hi Shin unit or Mountain people + Shin versus Rankai.
    Houken vs HSU was high low-diff, IMO. I can't put it to mid diff because I don't think Houken received a severe enough injury, but it did take a period of time. It's always hard to rank Houken because it depends if we take his attitude into account. The second he started to give a monkey's he send Kyoukai/Shin flying for eg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Rinbukun vs Rukuomi was mid diff.
    Mangoku vs Kanou was essentially a tie before the distraction so I don't know where to put that.
    Okay for the Rinbukun versus Rokuomi one. We should avoid inconclusive skirmishes like Mangoku versus Kanou.

I think Ouhon vs Eishi 1 was low diff, just because Ouhon did engage in a duel for a period of time. A stomp is where it's over in a split second IMO. Like how Ouki 1 paneled Shoumou.
    Fair enough, low-low or mid low diff?

Houken vs HSU was high low-diff, IMO. I can't put it to mid diff because I don't think Houken received a severe enough injury, but it did take a period of time. It's always hard to rank Houken because it depends if we take his attitude into account. The second he started to give a monkey's he send Kyoukai/Shin flying for eg.
    Agreed. We should shouldn't take attitude into account imo, just the results and the fighters' current status/state of mind in the fight.

King of Explodo-Kills DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Houken vs Duke was high-diff IMO. Sure it was a short fight but Duke broke the man's arm before going down.

I also agree that Duke Hyou vs Houken was high-diff. The Duke with one arm almost cut off Houken's head, and he had to use his full strength to repel the glaive(his veins in his head popped up) and even then, the Duke broke his arm.

一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Houken vs Duke was high-diff IMO. Sure it was a short fight but Duke broke the man's arm before going down.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFall View Post
    I also agree that Duke Hyou vs Houken was high-diff. The Duke with one arm almost cut off Houken's head, and he had to use his full strength to repel the glaive(his veins in his head popped up) and even then, the Duke broke his arm.
    Rereading the fight, I feel the same. The first half was all Houken but the Duke managed to give him a good fight after he provoked Houken. Low high diff?

What do you guys think of the Rankai fight versus Shin and the mountain people? Low high diff or high mid diff?

Rereading the fight, I feel the same. The first half was all Houken but the Duke managed to give him a good fight after he provoked Houken. Low high diff?

What do you guys think of the Rankai fight versus Shin and the mountain people? Low high diff or high mid diff?
    It's hard to say since for the Duke vs Houken fight, since he almost cut off Houken's head, and Houken needed to use all his power to repel the glaive, and also lost his arm in the fight. I would say high-high diff, but that may be just me wanting it to be high-high diff since I liked he Duke.

The fight with that giant is probably high-diff, its not extreme-diff, while it not mid-diff as well.

It's hard to say since for the Duke vs Houken fight, since he almost cut off Houken's head, and Houken needed to use all his power to repel the glaive, and also lost his arm in the fight. I would say high-high diff, but that may be just me wanting it to be high-high diff since I liked he Duke.
    How about we compromise and go mid high? Houken's life wasn't in any danger when he won, his arm was broken and he blocked a glaive hit so that keeps it away from extreme tier. But the Duke did come close to endangering his life with a hit that Houken was forced to use a lot of effort to repel so I'd say high diff is fair.

The fight with that giant is probably high-diff, its not extreme-diff, while it not mid-diff as well.
    Shin and the big mountain guy struggled mightily, while the bird mask guy got off easily. Bajio was low diffing Rankai by himself so I'd say low-high at most.

Agreed. Mid-High diff sounds about right.

Didn't bajio had to attack him a lot, and even then, he was still up, and Shin finished him with a jump attack? But low-high diff sounds about right.

Adding Bajio versus Shinseijou (toothless Zhao guy) as a stomp.

What do you guys think of Shin versus Gika (Zhao archer who shot Ouki) and Kourigen (Wei archer of Dakan plains battle)? Are they stomps in Shin's favor?

I don't think Houken really pushed Ouki to extreme diff, IIRC the only substantial hit he landed was thanks to the arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusarigama View Post
    I don't think Houken really pushed Ouki to extreme diff, IIRC the only substantial hit he landed was thanks to the arrow.
    He landed the fatal blow then, but he was overwhelming Ouki prior to that, but Ouki was relentless and kept coming back for more.

Injuries don't always represent the difficulty, IMO.

Sometimes a fight can be deadly close with both guys being a fraction away from killing each other plenty of times before 1 strike lands. That could be extreme diff, even if one guy doesn't have mass injuries.

Why is Duke Hyou vs Houken in mid-diff?

The 2nd Shin vs. Gaimou fight was mid difficulty. Shin was the only one who showed signs of exhaustion and injury.

Activity
    It's the other way around. Ouki pushed Houken to extreme diff. I think we're judging based on how hard to took the victor to win, and I think Ouki pushed Houken a lot.

Why is Duke Hyou vs Houken in mid-diff?

Shit, I forgot to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by VIII View Post
    The 2nd Shin vs. Gaimou fight was mid difficulty. Shin was the only one who showed signs of exhaustion and injury.
    Gaimou had injuries too but not as significant. Sure, Shin was more exhausted but neither held a significant edge over the other to call mid diff imo. The only reason why its high diff is because they were almost even and since Shin looks to be on the lower end, its Gaimou over Shin high diff instead of the other way around.

It's the other way around. Ouki pushed Houken to extreme diff. I think we're judging based on how hard to took the victor to win, and I think Ouki pushed Houken a lot.
    I always saw Ouki as the winner of that fight since it was obvious Houken would lose without Gika's interference.

But anyway, upon rereading the fight Houken actually pushed Ouki harder than I remembered so I guess extreme diff fits either way.

I always saw Ouki as the winner of that fight since it was obvious Houken would lose without Gika's interference.

But anyway, upon rereading the fight Houken actually pushed Ouki harder than I remembered so I guess extreme diff fits either way.
    Yeah I feel the same way but for this thread, its the end result that matters.