Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Angry Attribute Ratings

I am wondering how you guys think characters' in the same tier compare in their attributes.

Ratings will be 1 to 5 stars; half stars are included. Use a "+" to distinguish between someone's base and powered up form(Zoan, Lao form, Urouge) . 3 stars is what you feel is standard in a tier, excluding the Special stat. You either have special abilities or you don't so start from 0 and go up from there based on how many special and/or unique abilities and tools someone has. Anyone with basic Coa gets a half star.

Stars only compare fighters in the same tier. So a 5 for a low-high tier only equals may only equal a 1 for Mid-high tier. Half stars are for differences you'd only see in a drawn out battle.

Attributed are as follows:

Strength- ability to lift, throw, squeeze, etcetera.as well as handle yourself in close quarters.

Power - overall DC.

Defense- ability to mitigate damage before it connects.

Combat speed- Attack speed combined with reactions.

Toughness- Endurance; ability to keep going despite damage.

Mobility- Ability to move and position yourself around the battlefield.

Grace - Combined agility and dexterity. Ability to make use of your reactions and speed in close quarters. Not every one with high combat speed and/or mobility moves gracefully.

Adeptness- Skill in hand -to-hand combat or the use of close or long ranged weapons.

Special- Any combat related Hax, utility powers, skill, tools, or unique qualities that assist in combat. Range is considered a unique quality.

Intellect- ability to reason, plan, and adapt to the battlefield

Feel free to give a little explanation after a fighter if you feel the need to elaborate on a questionable rating

My stats.

Mid-High tier

PH Dragon
    S-3.5
    P- 3
    D- 3.5
    C-3
    T-3
    M-4
    G- 1.5
    A- 1
    I- .5
    S*-1

Some explanation- It got points for defense due to those hard scales. Mobility since flight is such a rare skill in OP. Almost gave it a 3.5 but decided on a 4 since being airborne was a big advantage for it. 2 in special since it breathes fire. .5 for smarts because it came off as even dumber than your typical OP animal.

Zoro
    S- 4
    P- 5
    D- 3
    C- 4
    T- 4.5 +
    M- 2.5
    G- 3.5
    A- 4
    I- 2.5
    S* -2.5

Got a 4.5 for toughness only because I'm keeping an open mind on guys who specialize in toughness or have little assets besides toughness like. 3 for defense because other than some thick muscle and sturdy frames the M3 don't really have a lot of defenses. Zoro is also not very mobile. He is either mid range or in your face. 2.5 for smarts only because he is fairly straightforward in how he goes about fighting. Wish he dealt with Hax opponents more often. 1 in special because he is scary, Haki, and has ranged attacks. Maybe higher if Asura ends up being more than just a single strike move.

Vergo
    S- 4
    P- 3.5
    D-4
    C-3.5
    T-4.5
    M-3.5
    G-2.5
    A- 4
    I-2.5
    S*-1.5

Intel low because he is arrogant on top of a simple thinker. Soru&Geppou boost mobility. He has no agility as he was getting nailed repeatedly by Sanji and Smoker. Special is for Blow Dart and overall Haki skill.

Law
    S- 2.5
    P- 2.5
    D-3
    C-4
    T-3
    M-4.5
    G-3
    A- 3.5
    I- 4.5
    S*- 5

Law is a decent combatant but we know that isn't his forte. He clearly isn't as physically tough as fighters like Luffy or Smoker. He has shown 3 offensive abilities. One of which did only moderate damage to Vergo. Not a perfect for intellect because I'm waiting to see Capone, maybe even Killer.

Sanji
    S- 3.5
    P- 3.5
    D- 2.5
    C-4
    T-3.5
    M-3.5
    G- 4.5
    A- 4
    I- 3.5
    S* - 2

2 for basic CoO, DJ, and Skywalk.

Luffy
    S- 4.5
    P- 5+
    D- 3
    C- 5
    T- 4.5+
    M- 3.5
    G- 3.5
    A- 4
    I- 2.5
    S* - 3

G2 is baked into his stats. + for power due to moves like EGG. 3 for special is due to CoA, basic CoO, Gears, blunt resistance, tricks like UFO&balloon, and CoC. Both he and Zoro get boost in toughness due to willpower. It's not baked in because I'm counting instances where it's only plot that allowed them to push through something even people much tougher probably couldn't. Ussop giving him a pep talk against Lucci for example.

To be continued.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-26-2015 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Revisions and changed Agility/Dex into Grace.

i like the idea

if you plan on doing more with this it would probably be a good idea to set benchmarks for different numbers of stars for each stat

- - - Updated - - -

vergo having the same agility stat as the dragon feels a bit weird imo

luffy's intelligence stat is also probably too low, he's retarded in general but in actual combat he isn't that bad. he's pretty innovative sometimes and should probably be above Vergo

This was probably one of the first thing I posted on this forum. Granted not from this account. And granted that I like your idea about the same tier or overall high tier (not the high high, mid high, etc), rather than everyone. Since it is much narrow and easier to compare than what I had come up with. But geez, it became a troll thread like in an instant. Whatever, I like your idea a lot and will pay attention to this. Hopefully we can got something like Naruto databook.

Why doesnt vergo have the same combat speed as law/sanji/zoro/luffy as he is on their level

I think before you go on, it seemed you are only doing high tier. I think it is best that you pick one character that reach the max potential for each stat and classified that as number 5. Pick a character for each stat that you think is the epitome for average and label it as 3. Then afterward, I think we can calibrate everyone else in between. It is hard to know what speed is consider average at the moment and or at the apex if you don't do it that way. So yeah, create some sort of universal scale. Should we do a separate thread for each stat?
    Last edited by Listen, buddy; 11-12-2014 at 07:52 AM.

Do these stats determine who would win against who?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Hunter Eddy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do these stats determine who would win against who?
    They are a factor but not the only determine factor. It is also depend on the environment, abilities/style match up, and hax too. In many fight, begin distance also play a huge role.

Quote Originally Posted by Listen, buddy View Post
    They are a factor but not the only determine factor. It is also depend on the environment, abilities/style match up, and hax too. In many fight, begin distance also play a huge role.
    Alright I see because looking at the stats Sanji's seem to look a bit better than Zoro's/Vergo's/Law's if am not mistaken

Cool idea. I was thinking of doing this but wasn't sure how to work out the stats properly.

Luffy deserves more than a 2 in intellect. Some of the plans he's come up with in the middle of battle have been brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Hunter Eddy View Post
    Alright I see because looking at the stats Sanji's seem to look a bit better than Zoro's/Vergo's/Law's if am not mistaken
    Stat totals don't matter. Power, Special, Combat speed, and Toughness matter more than Intel(in this series), strength, Defense, and Grace. Law's 5 in Special definitely eclipses most other stats and all those + signs in Luffys list don't put him way way ahead of everyone else. Sanji is smarter and more mobile than his boys. Doesn't make up for the power difference. All these stats weigh differently.

No to your first question.

Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    i like the idea

if you plan on doing more with this it would probably be a good idea to set benchmarks for different numbers of stars for each stat

- - - Updated - - -

vergo having the same agility stat as the dragon feels a bit weird imo

luffy's intelligence stat is also probably too low, he's retarded in general but in actual combat he isn't that bad. he's pretty innovative sometimes and should probably be above Vergo
    Only benchmark is that 3 stars should be what ever you feel is average/middle of the road. Half point if you feel this person is slightly ahead or behind in a category. Basicallly a difference that would only show in a drawn out fight. Full point for a noticeable difference.

Reason I can't rate Luffy higher in intelligence is because he typically needs a few tries before that ingenuity comes out. Sometimes his first round of ideas are plain dumb before the useful ones come out. If only comparing M3 level fighters who is dumber than Luffy? Trebol? I don't think many other character even compare. Most characters don't need multiple tries or weird ideas to figure out a situation. Vergo is a dufus but you can only tell sometimes, similar to Zoro but more comedic.

Will change Dragon and Vergo but initially rated him low due to his Terminator-esque fighting style

I think before you go on, it seemed you are only doing high tier. I think it is best that you pick one character that reach the max potential for each stat and classified that as number 5. Pick a character for each stat that you think is the epitome for average and label it as 3. Then afterward, I think we can calibrate everyone else in between. It is hard to know what speed is consider average at the moment and or at the apex if you don't do it that way. So yeah, create some sort of universal scale. Should we do a separate thread for each stat?

I am interested in people's of opinions. Not making a definitive list, a consensus can come later if this thread goes well. For instance some people think Cav, the Dragon, and and even DCJ aren't truly M3 level at all. Those people may very well throw around 1&2s and call that generous. So you can set your own standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    Why doesnt vergo have the same combat speed as law/sanji/zoro/luffy as he is on their level
    Sanji and Smoker seemed slightly ahead in most exchanges and the other 3 are scaled to them. Law also had to strike first for shambles to work.
    Last edited by Dayum; 11-12-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Reason I can't rate Luffy higher is because he typically needs a few tries before that ingenuity comes out. Sometimes his first round of ideas are plain dumb before the useful ones come out. If only comparing M3 level fighters who is dumber than Luffy? Trebol? I don't think many other character even compares. Most characters don't need multiple tries to figure out a situation. Vergo is a dufus but you can only tell sometimes, similar to Zoro but more comedic.
    a lot of the time he takes multiple "tries" because he gets taken out the first one/two times by hax that he had no knowledge on before he can think of a way to get around the hax, and you can't really fault that on his intelligence

Some of said Hax doesn't hinder other people as much.

Again, who would fair worse in Luffy's or similar situations? Why exactly is "tries" in quotes?

We almost never see others getting a second attempt to deal with a bad situation. Seems Luffy is getting points for being the only character who even gets screen time to problem solve.

Most others either deal or never have to deal with a situation twice.
    Last edited by Dayum; 11-12-2014 at 09:16 PM.

This would be a good idea to resurrect the Ordeal of Blood section.
    Rest in Peace Dad
    June 15-1950 - October 21, 2015

Oh the Irony:

This was probably one of the first thing I posted on this forum. Granted not from this account. And granted that I like your idea about the same tier or overall high tier (not the high high, mid high, etc), rather than everyone. Since it is much narrow and easier to compare than what I had come up with. But geez, it became a troll thread like in an instant. Whatever, I like your idea a lot and will pay attention to this. Hopefully we can got something like Naruto databook.
    DUPE

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

My ideas on the M3 and some comparable characters. I don't quite understand the explanation of the star system, is the idea to type the rating with them included or to type the base rating and add them to signify the character can go higher? I decided to just do two ratings. One without and one with power-up techniques.

Luffy
    Str: 4
    Pow: 3/4.5* (base/Gears+Hardening)
    Def: 3/4* (base/Hardening)
    Spd: 3/5* (base/G2)
    Tou: 5
    Mob: 3
    Grc: 4
    Spe: 0
    Int: 3

Zoro
    Str: 4
    Pow: 5
    Def: 3.5/4 (base/expected COA defense, he specializes in the color)
    Spd: 4
    Tou: 5
    Mob: 2
    Grc: 3
    Spe: 1 (Ashura)

Sanji
    Str: 3.5
    Pow: 3/4 (base/DJ&HM)
    Def: 3
    Spd: 4.5
    Tou: 4
    Mob: 3.5
    Grc: 4.5
    Int: 3.5

Law
    Str: 3
    Pow: 3
    Def: 3
    Spd: 4
    Tou: 4.5
    Mob: 4
    Grc: 3.5
    Spe: 5
    Int: 4

Cavendish
    Str: 2.5
    Pow: 3/4 (Cavendish/Hakuba)
    Def: 2.5
    Spd: 3.5/5 (Cavendish/Hakuba)
    Tou: 3
    Mob: 2.5
    Grc: 3.5/4.5 (Cavendish/Hakuba)

@Coru

You mean the plus signs? I didn't like using just another rating for temporary power-ups. I was only going to do what you did for Zoans. + sign were for toughness because those situations are rare and usually plot induced.

0 special for Luffy? Benefits of Rubber and possible CoC benefits aren't notable? Special Isn't just Hax. Also don't think specialize is the word for Zoro and CoA. He leans toward that color but he has shown nothing special with it yet.

I am going to add Adeptness to the list since it seems too weird and misleading combining that with Agility and partly deriving it from Combat Speed. Vergo and Dragon comparison was first clue.

More Mid-High tiers.

Don Chinjao

S-4.5
    P- 3.5/4.5(with Drill)
    D- 3.5
    C- 3
    T-4
    M-1.5
    G- 2
    A- 3
    I- .3
    S* - 1.5

1.5 points in special because of his unique Martial Art and CoC.

Jimbei
    S-4.5
    P- 4
    D- 3.5
    C- 3.5
    T- 4
    M- 3
    G- 2.5
    A- 4
    I- 3
    S*- 3

Special is high because of Mastery of FM Karate giving him long, mid, and internal hitting attacks and even a way to bypass certain defenses. Controlling Seawater is also useful. Gave him little extra in defense because he is a fishman. High adeptness since he has many moves in cqc

Pica
    S-4
    P- 3.5+(for bigger Golem punches)
    D- 3.5
    C-2.5
    T-3.5
    M-3
    G- 1
    A- 2
    I- 3
    S*- 3.5

All Seat stats are obviously guesses. Don't see Pica being very graceful. Didn't show much skill with Katana.

Diamante
    S-2
    P- 3
    D- 3.5
    C-3.5
    T-2
    M-2.5
    G- 3
    A- 3.5
    I- 2.5
    S*-3.5

Seems like he should make up for average physical stats with being very skilled with a variety of weapons and possibly ways to avoid damage with his powers. Saw him turn into a flag so he can probably do a move like Kamisori. That is why there is a + in defense. He can turn entire battlefield wavy like I thought so special deserved.

Trebol
    S- 1
    P- 3
    D- 2.5
    C- 2.5
    T-2
    M- 3.5
    G- 2.5
    A- 3
    I- 2.5
    S*- 3.5

Just feel he is the ranged combat seat. Doesn't need high physical attributes for that. His logia ability should give decent mobility and a few crazy abilities. We'll see whether or not he is dumb.....looking less so.

Cavendish
    S- 2
    P- 3
    D- 2.5
    C-3.5
    T- 2.5
    M- 3
    G- 3.5
    A- 4.5
    I- 3
    S*- .5

Hakuba not accounted for. He has shown nothing to give him points in special. Half point for basic Haki I guess. Figure him for a more well balanced stronger version of Brooke. Precision and speed over power.

Smoker
    S-3.5
    P- 3
    D- 2.5
    C-3.5
    T-3.5
    M-4
    G- 4
    A-3
    I- 3.5
    S* - 3

3 in special because he is a logia, his jutte, and knows hardening. Would be higher if he did the cool stuff he does in videogames. Well rounded with no real strengths outside his good maneuverability

Ace
    S- 3
    P-5
    D- 3
    C- 4
    T- 4
    M- 3
    G- 3
    A-3
    I- 3
    S*- 3.5

Low-High Tiers

Hody
    S- 4.5
    P-4
    D- 3.5
    C-2
    T- 5
    M-1.5
    G- 1
    A-2
    I- 3
    S*- 2

Monet
    S- 1
    P- 3
    D- 4
    C- 3.5
    T- 1
    M- 4.5
    G- 3.5
    A- 2.5
    I- 4
    S*- 4

Skilled fighter and powerful logia but can't ignore she was kinda one shot by Tashigi.

Lao G
    S-3+
    P-2+
    D- 2.5
    C-4.5
    T- 2.5+
    M-3
    G- 4.5
    A- 4.5
    I- 2.5
    S*-.1

Now have better idea of his stats.

Caesar
    S-2
    P- 3.5
    D- 2
    C- 3
    T- 3
    M-3
    G- 2
    A-1
    I- 3.5
    S*- 4.5

3.5 in intelligence because he is actually kinda dumb in a fight. Only reason it's even that high is because when not against a superior opponent he might act better.

Moriah
    S-3.5
    P- 3
    D- 3.5
    C- 3.5
    T- 4.5
    M- 3.5
    G- 1
    A-3
    I- 4
    S*-5

Franky/Shogun
    S- 4/3
    P- 5/4
    D- 4/5
    C- 2
    T- 3/5
    M- 1.5
    G- 2
    A- 3
    I- 3.5
    S*-2

Hyozo
    S-3
    P-3
    D- 3
    C- 3.5
    T- 3
    M- 2.5
    G- 3.5
    A- 4
    I- 1.5
    S*- 1

Most guesswork of all of these. One point in special for poison

Sai
    S-3.5
    P-3.5++
    D- 3
    C-4
    T- 4
    M- 2.5
    G- 4
    A- 4
    I- 3
    S*- 1.5

Ideo
    S-4
    P-4.5
    D- 3
    C- 3
    T- 3
    M-2
    G- 2.5
    A- 3
    I- 2.5
    S*- .5

He has not looked particularly maneuverable. Figure Sai is more well rounded while he packs more of a punch.

The Little Dragon
    S-3
    P-3.5
    D- 3.5
    C- 4
    T- 3.5
    M-4
    G- 4
    A- 3
    I- 1
    S*-1
    Last edited by Dayum; 04-02-2015 at 12:19 PM.

I gonna ignore the plus thing for now, and Corus's stats since people have different scale. So this is what you have so far Dayum, does this look right?

Defense
    4.0- Vergo, Pica
    3.5- PH Dragon, Jimbei, Diamante
    3.0- Zoro, Sanji, Ace
    2.5- Law, Cavendish, Smoker
    2.0-
    1.5- Trebol

Toughness
    4.5- Vergo, Jimbei
    4.0- Sanji, Chinjao, Ace
    3.5- Pica, Smoker
    3.0- PH Dragon, Law, Diamante
    2.5- Trebol, Cavendish

Combine of those 2 stats:
    8.5- Vergo
    8.0- Jimbei
    7.5- Chinjao, Pica
    7.0- Sanji, Ace
    6.5- PH Dragon, Diamante
    6.0- Smoker
    5.5- Law
    5.0- Cavendish
    4.0- Trebol

- - - Updated - - -

hmm, yes, I was this guy who stupidly posted this and get freaking troll for it. But this was one part of my 3 comprehensive projects back in the day.

I think what I did back then was making a 5 a perfect score, while a 6 meant it is legendary. Then I try to make it so that if everyone get 5, they will ended up with a 100. If a score is more than a 100, meaning that they are beyond exceptional.
    This was a pure trial run.

- - - Updated - - -

I also did some sort of progressive score thing where a jump from 5 to 6 would be more points than a jump from 1 to 2. Like you said, if a person who master at one thing can caused really really difficulty in fighting that person. Like say someone like Kizaru decided to just dash back and forth the whole time.
    Last edited by Listen, buddy; 11-13-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Some of said Hax doesn't hinder other people as much.

Again, who would fair worse in Luffy's or similar situations? Why exactly is "tries" in quotes?

We almost never see others getting a second attempt to deal with a bad situation. Seems Luffy is getting points for being the only character who even gets screen time to problem solve.

Most others either deal or never have to deal with a situation twice.
    as a primarily short ranged melee fighter Luffy would be more susceptible to losing to hax than for example a longer ranged character but again you can't really fault that on his intelligence

i put "tries" in quotes because it shouldn't count as Luffy needing multiple attempts to form a way to deal with a certain power when he doesn't know what said power is/can do until it makes him lose the first/sometimes second time

we also don't know if other characters would be able to deal with a bad situation given a second try. so on the other hand you're taking points away from Luffy because he's lost more fights to hax than any other character, since he's the main character

Defense
    4.0- Vergo, Pica, Franky
    3.5- PH Dragon, Jimbei, Diamante, Hody, Moriah
    3.0- Zoro, Sanji, Ace, Sai, Ideo
    2.5- Law, Cavendish, Smoker, Lao G, Hyozou
    2.0- Caesar
    1.5- Trebol

Toughness
    5.0- Hody
    4.5- Vergo, Jimbei, Moriah
    4.0- Sanji, Chinjao, Ace, Sai
    3.5- Pica, Smoker
    3.0- PH Dragon, Law, Diamante, Caesar, Franky, Hyozou, Ideo
    2.5- Trebol, Cavendish, Lao G
    1.5- Monet

Combine of those 2 stats:
    8.5- Vergo, Hody
    8.0- Jimbei, Moriah
    7.5- Chinjao, Pica
    7.0- Sanji, Ace, Franky, Sai
    6.5- PH Dragon, Diamante
    6.0- Smoker, Ideo
    5.5- Law, Hyozou
    5.0- Cavendish, Lao G, Caesar
    4.0- Trebol
    i wouldn't combine high tiers and low high tiers on the same scale

Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    i wouldn't combine high tiers and low high tiers on the same scale
    I forgot about that. But to be honest, it would be nice to have all high tiers all in one scale (high, mid, and low)

Stat totals don't matter. Power, Special, Combat speed, and Toughness matter more than Intel(in this series), strength, Defense, and Grace. Law's 5 in Special definitely eclipses most other stats and all those + signs in Luffys list don't put him way way ahead of everyone else. Sanji is smarter and more mobile than his boys. Doesn't make up for the power difference. All these stats weigh differently.

No to your first question.

Only benchmark is that 3 stars should be what ever you feel is average/middle of the road. Half point if you feel this person is slightly ahead or behind in a category. Basicallly a difference that would only show in a drawn out fight. Full point for a noticeable difference.

Reason I can't rate Luffy higher in intelligence is because he typically needs a few tries before that ingenuity comes out. Sometimes his first round of ideas are plain dumb before the useful ones come out. If only comparing M3 level fighters who is dumber than Luffy? Trebol? I don't think many other character even compare. Most characters don't need multiple tries or weird ideas to figure out a situation. Vergo is a dufus but you can only tell sometimes, similar to Zoro but more comedic.

Will change Dragon and Vergo but initially rated him low due to his Terminator-esque fighting style

I am interested in people's of opinions. Not making a definitive list, a consensus can come later if this thread goes well. For instance some people think Cav, the Dragon, and and even DCJ aren't truly M3 level at all. Those people may very well throw around 1&2s and call that generous. So you can set your own standard.

Sanji and Smoker seemed slightly ahead in most exchanges and the other 3 are scaled to them. Law also had to strike first for shambles to work.
    Vergo managed to land blows offpanel against smoker so the gap isnt big and sanjis superiority in speed certainly isnt an entire digit larger