Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Danganronpa

Danganronpa

Any other fans of the series here? I played the first when the fan translation was first released so I skipped the recent enhanced vita version and I just finished playing the second, really fun game. I'm just waiting for the 'other episode' and the eventual dangan ronpa 3 now

If anyone isn't familiar with the series its a tad similar to the Phoenix Wright series in terms of gameplay. The gameplay is pretty much divided into 3 parts, visual novel, investigation and a trial that consists of multiple minigames (They mostly suck though)

Trailers:

Edit: I forgot how awful the english voice acting is in this series, jesus.

Never heard of this series before.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never heard of this series before.
    It isnt really popular

It just has a cult following of sort

I watched the anime around this time last year. For me, it started off well but just finished off as ok. Enigma and Cake watched the anime and I think Pacifista, and Dofla gave it a watch too. There's probably a few others guys on here interested.

The anime was a pretty poor adaption, sadly. You just lose too many details when you go from VN to anime. The series's best selling point is in its characters and they were dumbed down way too much in the anime.

I dont think any fan of the series really enjoyed that adaption lol

Oh, good. Cos I'd never watch it again.

At least the original content was better since I liked the premise of it. It's just like Mafia games.

i seen it before and watch some game play
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja  &uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCMHEy77CjscCFUI7FAodUzgEj  Q&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.mangafox.me%2Farchive%2F  index.php%2Ft-496454.html&ei=_TXAVYHSHML2UNPwkOgI&bvm=bv.9926157  2,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNFso4eQ9rJzi_THfgsViZceMaZRtw&us  t=1438746261698127

Trailer for the new game

Gameplay looks pretty dull to be honest

that komaeda voice

It's not the drugs that make a drug addict, it's the need to escape reality..

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wells View Post
    that komaeda voice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BpcYbLjDKI&t=46m25s

that komaeda laugh

I wonder if you get the chance to keep JAP voices

It's not the drugs that make a drug addict, it's the need to escape reality..

Both games are dual audio

Danganronpa

Anyone here ever played it

Its a lot like the Ace Attorney games with how you investigate, present evidence and go head to head in the cases, except the characters are interesting and quirky. My set is based off one of the characters in the second game. The plot of its really interesting as well, the game has so many unexpected twists that it really is very hard to predict what will happen in the game.

The games on PSP but you can get a psp emulator and a rom for it and play it on your computer. I think the game has an anime out about it as well, so if you dont wanna do that you can watch the anime. I havent seen the anime though so I cant comment on how good it is

I actually saw the anime, it was quite intriguing. I might play the actual game sometime. But knowing how everythings turns out I'm not sure if I should actually just skip the the sequel.

Haodong Three Absolutes Huo Yuhao's Avatar
    I dropped the anime the moment the girl died episode 2 or 3.

Wil ill try it again then.

I shall pick this up if I manage to set up a PSP emulator

Yeah I played this a long time ago. Its a really great game. I all loved the characters as well. The game is far better than the anime. The anime was crappy.

I didnt get a chance to play the second game yet.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Its one of those game I have heard a lot about but have never played myself, like the Persona series.

I am tempted to play the game if I have time.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Just finished watching the Danganronpa 2 LP, and my god was it long

I can't say which game I prefer right now, they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Dangan 2 wins comfortably when it comes to characters IMO. The overall cast is stronger, but Nagito, Gundham and Ibuki were the three that really stood out for me. The only one that can compare from the first game is Byakuya, and the game just had too many people I didn't care about.

But when it comes to plot, I think the original is superior. The storyline as a whole was much simpler yet had shocking twists at the same time, and you uncover the mysteries of the academy gradually throughout the game. In the sequel you're given very little info in the first 5 chapters, then in Chapter 6 everything is thrown at you all at once. I couldn't go 3 minutes without some new super-important plot twist happening and it was hard to absorb all that in a short space of time. Also I didn't like how they brought back Junko as the FV, seemed kinda lazy to me. Izuru would've been the perfect choice but oh well.

So overall I enjoyed both games a lot and I have to say I rate them about evenly for now.

Onto the novel and extra episode

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Just finished watching the Danganronpa 2 LP, and my god was it long

I can't say which game I prefer right now, they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Dangan 2 wins comfortably when it comes to characters IMO. The overall cast is stronger, but Nagito, Gundham and Ibuki were the three that really stood out for me. The only one that can compare from the first game is Byakuya, and the game just had too many people I didn't care about.

But when it comes to plot, I think the original is superior. The storyline as a whole was much simpler yet had shocking twists at the same time, and you uncover the mysteries of the academy gradually throughout the game. In the sequel you're given very little info in the first 5 chapters, then in Chapter 6 everything is thrown at you all at once. I couldn't go 3 minutes without some new super-important plot twist happening and it was hard to absorb all that in a short space of time. Also I didn't like how they brought back Junko as the FV, seemed kinda lazy to me. Izuru would've been the perfect choice but oh well.

So overall I enjoyed both games a lot and I have to say I rate them about evenly for now.

Onto the novel and extra episode
    You thought the original was better

I agree with the lack of information though that annoyed me for a while, made the game feel a little disjointed and that person as the FV was kinda dumb .... but they made it work imo.

Izuru was easily the most interesting and mysterious character though

The ultimate talent and he still somehow was broken by Ultimate despair... but you cant say Hinatas transformation at the end wasnt anything short of amazing