Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Method of Contributor Selection

From now on this will be the method for selecting Contributors

1. People will no longer sign up to become Contributors. You are welcome to tell us so that we may take you into consideration or even suggest someone for the spot, but ultimately it is the staff that will nominate a member to become a Contributor based on his or her performance in the site.

2. Once the staff agrees, in private, that so and so should be a Contributor the staff will first ask the member if they are willing to commit. If they are, then a public thread will be made asking if anyone disagrees. If a noticeable chunk of members do not disagree we will go ahead and make that person a Contributor. People may voice their disagreements in public in the specified thread (as long as it's done civilly) or privately.

3. The members reserve the right to complain to the staff about the performance of any Contributor. The staff will evaluate the complaints and see if they are valid. If they are valid the staff may advise the Contributor.

4. If it's determined that the Contributor has taken a long absence without letting the staff know before hand they will be demoted. If they are banned due to rule breaking, they will be demoted. If a large amount of legitimate complaints are given regarding their performance, the staff reserves the right to demote them.

5. It must be stressed that the Contributor position is not a guarantee of becoming staff, although being a Contributor is a requirement to become staff.

I will keep this thread open for questioning regarding the new system, but will most likely delete all posts and lock it later.
    Last edited by Pimp of Pimps; 08-14-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Is it possible to be a Contributor for a sub-section?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it possible to be a Contributor for a sub-section?
    Yes, it follows the same procedure as above.

I suggest that @Fecal Excrement; be considered for Contributor for either Entertainment or the Game of Thrones Section
    Rest in Peace Dad
    June 15-1950 - October 21, 2015

Awesome decision. I have always felt that bigger issues or decisions on TMF should have some sort of democratic vote to them.

The Commander From Hell

Suggestion appreciated, but please suggest over VM or PM.

The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar
    This is unfair, people who have gotten their ranks by asking now have to get voted?
    Wouldn't it make sense to reset everything and do another vote like they do by changing presidents every 4years?

Quote Originally Posted by Gladorade View Post
    This is unfair, people who have gotten their ranks by asking now have to get voted?
    Wouldn't it make sense to reset everything and do another vote like they do by changing presidents every 4years?
    I don't follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I don't follow.
    So people who have been gotten contributor spot before this implemented change by simply asking, now other's who want to be contributor have to get voted? Why don't you just reset all of the contributors and make the people vote if they are still eligible for being a contributor?

You know what I mean?

Short-version, people who were contributors before this change got it easy, now who wants to be contributor has to get voted if the people want it or not, why not make a poll for the existing contributors at the moment?

So people who have been gotten contributor spot before this implemented change by simply asking, now other's who want to be contributor have to get voted? Why don't you just reset all of the contributors and make the people vote if they are still eligible for being a contributor?

You know what I mean?

Short-version, people who were contributors before this change got it easy, now who wants to be contributor has to get voted if the people want it or not, why not make a poll for the existing contributors at the moment?

People have to option to complain about a Contributor to remove them. Them not doing that is by itself acceptance of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    People have to option to complain about a Contributor to remove them. Them not doing that is by itself acceptance of them.
    How many people does it take?

http://prntscr.com/4dk62f @Pimp of Pimps; How can someone who admittedly doesn't read or like One Piece be the contributor for it's section?
    Rest in Peace Dad
    June 15-1950 - October 21, 2015

This was the obvious joke...yet here you are..
    He stumbled into faith and thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    http://prntscr.com/4dk62f @Pimp of Pimps; How can someone who admittedly doesn't read or like One Piece be the contributor for it's section?

"Surely you didn’t think I was going to keep my filthy Muggle father’s name? No. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Clearly she likes and reads OP.

Personally I don't think this system works on a forum like this, it's the G-5 of the forums in comparison to other ''professional'' forums if you will. We have rebellious members on here, and the community is way too small for it to work.

I don't think anyone is going out of their way sans Q, to vote people out of their contributor spot.

I liked the previous method, just my 2cents.

Personally I don't think this system works on a forum like this, it's the G-5 of the forums in comparison to other ''professional'' forums if you will. We have rebellious members on here, and the community is way too small for it to work.

I don't think anyone is going out of their way sans Q, to vote people out of their contributor spot.

Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by dr. pinjab 7777 View Post
    Who cares?
    You proven my point. Who cares about a voting system?

Quote Originally Posted by exchelsi View Post
    This was the obvious joke...yet here you are..
    I thought it was a joke as well but after reading some of your posts I'm not so sure anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I may be a new member but I have been lurking around here for a long time and I agree with Glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    I thought it was a joke as well but after reading some of your posts I'm not so sure anymore.
    That's because you think being wrong = not agreeing with you.
    He stumbled into faith and thought...