Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Awesome episode, this one. Portrayed some fights differently (VAs vs. Luffy had more talking and IMO made Luffy seem more badly worn out than in the manga, WB vs. Akainu was portrayed as equal whereas the manga never showed us the outcome of magma fist vs. quake punch), but that's okay. The Iva filler was pretty entertaining. I wish they had kept Garp coming out of nowhere for greater impact, though.

I hated how they portrayed Daifunka being equal to Quake punch...

This war is terribly and slowly paced in the anime. Can't bare watching it

Loved how they showed Jaws hitting Aokiji.

I hope they bring light into the Crocodile scenes in the war, as well as extend on Jaws vs. Aokiji...

Transitions were amazing this time around, especially with the Wb Akainu clash, Shichi scenes, and Garp punching Marco.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

lol at AkaInu's leg being as strong as WB's bisento+Gura Gura...

Adviser
    Marco thought that Garp wasn't really going to do anything and was more concerned about Sengoku.

He never got blitzed by Garp.

So you needed the anime to confirm that for you?

I just re-read this chapter and Whitebeard didn't use his DF on the attack Akainu blocked. Wonder why they added that it.

More accurately, we don't see him using his DF, if I recall correctly. So they probably just added it because he did it the other two times shortly before. What do you think of Luffy being unable to access G2 vs the VAs, by the way? It came as a surprise to me, as I never interpreted it like that - just as him being interrupted before he could properly access it - but I guess I can see why they chose to portray it the way they did.

I think Oda would have shown him using his DF if he was. It would have been easier for them just to keep it the way the manga portrayed it as well.

I'm not surprised, I remember being told that there was a flat tire sound effect in that panel.

Yeah, but they take certain liberties occasionally, you know? And it's not like it's totally unreasonable to think that he used it... Oda could've just thought that he had made it clear enough what that type of attack that was by then.

Hm, I guess it makes sense then. I had no idea about the sound effect thing.

This episode was great as well.

meh I'm pretty disappointed with this one. They could have done a much better job at portraying the seriousness of how Jozu and Marco got hit, which is a shame considering how good the past episodes were good at emphasizing that sort of thing. The highlight for me was the filler scene when the filler guys took out the pacifista, epic foreshadowing by the anime team.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

Good episode overall, though in one or two places the art was iffy imo.

Joz really is one stupid guy

I liked the way they portrayed Akainu striking the defenseless Whitebeard, it came off as looking a lot more serious than in the manga. Whitebeard flicking Akainu away with his bisento wasn't too bad, since IIRC he actually did that in the manga too when he made his resolve to keep going a little longer. I also like that they portrayed Jozu as still being engaged with fighting Aokiji when he got frozen, since I've seen some people say that they weren't fighting each other anymore because a fodder was seen standing next to Jozu.

It looked really, really stupid when Marco was running toward WB and Akainu, though. It was always kinda dumb that a guy that can turn into an invincible and fast-as-fuck flying bird instead opted to run in his vulnerable human form, but this episode not only kept that but made him look painstakingly slow >_>

This episode also really made it seem like Akainu's the strongest Admiral, with those consecutive shots of Aokiji freezing Jozu, Kizaru standing above Marco and Akainu attacking Whitebeard. I wonder if the animators are actually going for that, or even if Oda was by pinning him against WB while the other two Admirals fought the top two commanders. It would actually make some degree of sense, with how he's generally suspected to be the new FA... but whatever, this isn't the place to discuss that.
    Last edited by Coruscation; 11-28-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Damn, they really hyped up Onigumo in this episode. Even though I'm not sure he should have been able to do that to Marco when he was right in front of him... it was still fucking badass.

I hate how they brushed off Marco as weaker than Onigumo. Other than that the ending was great; I loved how more enticing the CoC scene was than in the manga.