Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Edit the op and add the god tier.

Also, do you want to make it look like the One Piece tier list? ex; A+, A, A-, B,...etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Edit the op and add the god tier.

Also, do you want to make it look like the One Piece tier list? ex; A+, A, A-, B,...etc
    I could try. Im interested to see what your list would look like

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

God Tier
    Arthur Dayne
    Daemon Blackfyre
    Aemon "Dragonknight" Targaryen
    Cregan Stark
    Gwayne Corbray
    Barristan Selmy
    Galladon "Perfect Knight"

A+
    Jamie Lannister
    Robert Baratheon
    Smiling Knight
    Ryam Redwyne

A
    Gregor Clegane
    Sandor Clegane
    Oberyn Martell
    Syrio Forel
    Rhaegar
    Duncan The Tall
    Gerold Hightower
    Loras Tyrell
    Lyn Corbray

A-
    Victorian
    Eddard Stark
    Areo Hotah
    Great Jon Umber
    Khal Drogo

I'll finish the rest tomorrow.

Im not sure,I will check it out but I think I remember that during the third book when he fought Brienne it was mentioned that Jaime in a good shape could take down Sir Arthur Dayne due his better skill and speed.Dayne being mentioned among many others ...

Jaime's probably my favourite character in series but I still admit he's no near Prime Barristan.I mean,Prime Barristan could take down like 10 knights (mentioned during the 4th or 5th book).Jaime holds himself against 8 for what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid3r2010 View Post
    Im not sure,I will check it out but I think I remember that during the third book when he fought Brienne it was mentioned that Jaime in a good shape could take down Sir Arthur Dayne due his better skill and speed.Dayne being mentioned among many others ...

Jaime's probably my favourite character in series but I still admit he's no near Prime Barristan.I mean,Prime Barristan could take down like 10 knights (mentioned during the 4th or 5th book).Jaime holds himself against 8 for what I know.
    iexplained that above. it wouldnt be consistent to think selmy is above jaime and dayne isnt when dayne was stronger than selmy with dawn

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    iexplained that above. it wouldnt be consistent to think selmy is above jaime and dayne isnt when dayne was stronger than selmy with dawn
    Stronger ? If you mean stronger by physical strength sure.Better in a duel ? I doubt.Barristan the brave could defeat any swordsman in entire series one on one.He once said " A true knight can take down 10 knights by himself " ...

It just doesn't convince me.Jaime in his best shape with both hands would kill Dayne.He's a god tier like Barristan.

that's his pov.

Full Quote: Robert had been stronger than him, to be sure. The White Bull Gerold Hightower as well, in his heyday, and Ser Arthur Dayne. Amongst the living, Greatjon Umber was stronger, Strongboar of Crakehall most likely, both Cleganes for a certainty. (...)It did not matter.With speed and skill, Jaimie could beat them all.

Keep in mind this is his own opinion.

Jaime aint talking shit around when it comes to duels.He know where he stands.The GUY'S fucking right.
    Last edited by Raid3r2010; 08-15-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Stronger ? If you mean stronger by physical strength sure.Better in a duel ? I doubt.Barristan the brave could defeat any swordsman in entire series one on one.He once said " A true knight can take down 10 knights by himself " ...

It just doesn't convince me.Jaime in his best shape with both hands would kill Dayne.He's a god tier like Barristan.

Jaime aint talking shit around when it comes to duels.He know where he stands.The GUY'S fucking right.
    no, grrm confirmed that with dawn dayne was a superior swordsman to selmy. It would be inconsistent to think jaime would beat dayne but lose to selmy

no, grrm confirmed that with dawn dayne was a superior swordsman to selmy.
    Really ? Where ?

It would be inconsistent to think jaime would beat dayne but lose to selmy
    Either he's better than both which is unlikely.Selmy was portrayed as being better than Jaime through the books,especially in the last one.

Really ? Where ?

Either he's better than both which is unlikely.Selmy was portrayed as being better than Jaime through the books,especially in the last one.
    http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/...istan_the_Bold

Nice.If the sword makes the knight he's shit.Neah.I still respect him,he got the portrayal of a legendary knight like King Arthur.

If both men had equivalent weaponry, it might be a toss-up says Martin.

Yeah.Prime Selmy with very high to extreme diff as for Jaime extreme diff going with the 3rd book statements.Those statements stand where they are.Jaime in a good shape with both hands is just a beast,I know there are alot of haters around but that won't change anything.Prime Jaime's one of the fastest and most skilled swordsman arounD.
    Last edited by Raid3r2010; 08-15-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Pretty sure GRRM mentioned Dayne without Dawn was roughly equal to Selmy.

Yeah. He said Dayne (w/o dawn) vs Selmy would be a tossup. But, Dayne with Dayne beats Selmy 8/10.

God Tier
    Arthur Dayne
    Daemon Blackfyre
    Aemon "Dragonknight" Targaryen
    Cregan Stark
    Gwayne Corbray
    Barristan Selmy
    Galladon "Perfect Knight"

A+
    Jamie Lannister
    Robert Baratheon
    Smiling Knight
    Ryam Redwyne

A
    Gregor Clegane
    Sandor Clegane
    Oberyn Martell
    Syrio Forel
    Rhaegar
    Duncan The Tall
    Gerold Hightower
    Loras Tyrell
    Lyn Corbray

A-
    Victorian
    Eddard Stark
    Areo Hotah
    Great Jon Umber
    Khal Drogo

I'll finish the rest tomorrow.
    i dont know whether rheagar, eddard or duncan deserve a spot so high, rheagar/duncan were never noted to be amazing swordsmen, eddard was stated to be averge and was handily beaten by yohn royce (who is a regualr commander past his prime and has a son robar who was actually said to be skilled)- point being eddard certainly isnt as good as any of the others you listed

Yeah. He said Dayne (w/o dawn) vs Selmy would be a tossup. But, Dayne with Dayne beats Selmy 8/10.
    Dayne with Dayne beats Selmy 8/10

so 2 Dayne's vs 1 barriston?

seems fair

i dont know whether rheagar, eddard or duncan deserve a spot so high, rheagar/duncan were never noted to be amazing swordsmen, eddard was stated to be averge and was handily beaten by yohn royce (who is a regualr commander past his prime and has a son robar who was actually said to be skilled)- point being eddard certainly isnt as good as any of the others you listed
    Rhaegar fought and wounded prime Robert. That's not really an easy task when someone who's wielding a better and more destructive weapon is coming after you. I'd place a little bit above average. Dunk resembles the Clegane brothers. In that he has both great strength and height. Cleganes are revered for these two things. Dunk might not have the skill but he could overpower most of these characters.

You're really underestimating Eddard. Not only does he wield Ice, which gives him a boost when fighting against his opponent. But him and Robert were trained by the same Master of Arms. iirc Royce beat him in a practice spare. I really don't see why he can't hold his own against Vic and Areo.

Doesn't matter if they were trained under the same guy, Robert is a million times better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    Dayne with Dayne beats Selmy 8/10

so 2 Dayne's vs 1 barriston?

seems fair

you know what i mean, warya.

dayne vs brienne would be an interesting fight. i doubt he'd lost to her though. a great swordsmen would never lose to a girl. don't you agree?

Dayne would literally beat the bitch with one hand tied behind his back

Rhaegar fought and wounded prime Robert. That's not really an easy task when someone who's wielding a better and more destructive weapon is coming after you. I'd place a little bit above average. Dunk resembles the Clegane brothers. In that he has both great strength and height. Cleganes are revered for these two things. Dunk might not have the skill but he could overpower most of these characters.

You're really underestimating Eddard. Not only does he wield Ice, which gives him a boost when fighting against his opponent. But him and Robert were trained by the same Master of Arms. iirc Royce beat him in a practice spare. I really don't see why he can't hold his own against Vic and Areo.
    rhaegars fight with robert started on horseback and rhaegar was an exceptional jouster so roberts wound may not have been inflicted on foot.

GRRM describes eddard to be competent so i dont rank him that high and aerion targaryen brought duncan to the ground so the fighters of A tier would easily compensate

Was it stated they fought on horseback? Do you have a quote?

Rhager seemed like a guy who was just amazing at everything to be honest, wouldn't be surprised if he was a really great swordsman.