Luffy vs. Akainu

This shit is going to be intense, you can tell already.

I think it might be One Piece's very own Goku vs. Freeza, in the sense that Luffy will spare Akainu's life, and Akainu will rage that something he despises so much took pity on him.

So yeah, post any predictions relating to the future conflict here.

I predict Luffy will be handicapped during this fight.

I personally wonder when and where this will take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I predict Luffy will be handicapped during this fight.
    Really? Why?

Akainu is too deadly for long fights, Luffy is going to have to be big deal stronger than him if he wants to avoid serious injuries. So they'll face at the end of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium Creed View Post
    I personally wonder when and where this will take place.

Really? Why?
    Because it seems to me like the fight is going to happen after Luffy becomes PK.

Quote Originally Posted by h3h3h3 View Post
    Akainu is too deadly for long fights, Luffy is going to have to be big deal stronger than him if he wants to avoid serious injuries. So they'll face at the end of the series.
    Not really. If you're on his level you should be able to avoid being seriously injured so long as you keep your attention on him.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]
    Not really. If you're on his level you should be able to avoid being seriously injured so long as you keep your attention on him.
    You still have to be extra careful with Akainu, if it goes too long between them with them being equals, even if Luffy beats Akainu, he will injure Luffy badly. That's why I think he needs to be stronger than Akainu when they meet.

You still have to be extra careful with Akainu, if it goes too long between them with them being equals, even if Luffy beats Akainu, he will injure Luffy badly. That's why I think he needs to be stronger than Akainu when they meet.
    Curiel was just fine after being soaked in magma, things like natural durability and Haki obviously help a lot.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    I think at the start Akainu will have the upper hand, until something epic or emotional happens and Luffy wtf pwns his magama butt

Curiel was just fine after being soaked in magma, things like natural durability and Haki obviously help a lot.
    Natural durability doesn't help against Meigou. Haki would probably be the answer.

Natural durability doesn't help against Meigou. Haki would probably be the answer.
    Meigou is obviously one of Akainu's stronger attacks, I wasn't talking about things like that.

Things like that will be used in those kinds of battles.

Yes, but that's not an attack Akainu is going to be able to land very often on an opponent of his level. Whereas someone of his level would probably be able to block a generic magma fist with their bare hands. I mean Jimbei of all people did it.