Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 198

Thread: Debate Contests

  1. #41
    I meant more along the lines of the gap between Luffy and Zoro compared to the gap between Zoro and Sanji, but that's ok too

  2. #42
    The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    8,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I meant more along the lines of the gap between Luffy and Zoro compared to the gap between Zoro and Sanji, but that's ok too
    I like this.

  3. #43
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,182
    I'll debate for luffy being a bit stronger, if it's about rather or not they are equal. If it's about rather or not the gap is bigger between zoro and sanji than it is between zoro and luffy. I'll debate for Zoro and Sanji's gap being bigger.
    Last edited by Heart; 03-02-2014 at 10:25 PM.

  4. #44
    I think them being equal is a more controversial issue then whether the gap is bigger than between him and Sanji.

  5. #45
    I think that it's good to establish the number of contenders per debate indeed. 1 vs 1 seems the most simple way to do so. Years ago people from a brazilian Bleach community made a bunch of debate tournaments which everyone could pick a character and then confront other people in a freestyle debate, only delimited by the 2 characters: it could be about their strength, character development, plot-wise importance and so on .. I won the 2nd edition with Zommari LeRoux by the way lol.

  6. #46
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,294
    I will definitely be on the "equal" side if there's a Luffy and Zoro strength debate

  7. #47
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,182
    Do I win anything after the debate?

  8. #48
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,294
    Quote Originally Posted by King Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do I win anything after the debate?
    A 3 day vacation in Tahiti

  9. #49
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    6,647
    why would you want a prize should your position be favoured by the judges. Wouldn't you eneter these debates similar to how youd provide your honest opinion in a regular battledom thread

  10. #50
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,182
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why would you want a prize should your position be favoured by the judges. Wouldn't you eneter these debates similar to how youd provide your honest opinion in a regular battledom thread
    Nah

  11. #51
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by King Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah
    if that's the opinion of the majority of posters then its a real shame

  12. #52
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,182
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if that's the opinion of the majority of posters then its a real shame
    Regular battledome debates are far more casual. Prizes are fun.

  13. #53
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by King Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regular battledome debates are far more casual. Prizes are fun.
    If you say so, but I think they are no less serious so long as he matchup is good and not obvious to all. I certainly wouldn't treat debates to be any different, just with much more lengthy arguments

  14. #54
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,182
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you say so, but I think they are no less serious so long as he matchup is good and not obvious to all. I certainly wouldn't treat debates to be any different, just with much more lengthy arguments
    sure, but prizes are still fun.

  15. #55
    these debates would be more organized/structured than regular ones in regular threads

  16. #56
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,306
    Luffy = Zoro: Orangutan
    Luffy > Zoro: Allara

    Anyone else want to join in?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Allara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do I win anything after the debate?
    Sure, if you win. What would you like?

  17. #57
    I'll be a judge

  18. #58
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31,306
    That's right, we need judges. 3 should be enough.

    But how can I decide who's unbiased?

  19. #59
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    17,100
    I'd only join if I can get a super special rank with the title "Master 'Bater" for victory.



  20. #60
    I am unbiased

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •