Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 430

Thread: Debate Contests

  1. #21
    King of Connect 4 DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,132
    Cool, so there's a few members interested at least. Now we need good topics for you guys to debate.

    Any suggestions? A TMF version of Mihawk vs Shanks might go well.

  2. #22
    The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    9,920
    Sounds fun but I suck at debating-


    The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

  3. #23
    nobody will argue for Shanks, plus NF already did that so it would be pretty repetitive

  4. #24
    King of Connect 4 DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds fun but I suck at debating-
    You get prizes if you win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nobody will argue for Shanks, plus NF already did that so it would be pretty repetitive
    I guess. Got any controversial opinions worth debating, Riki?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess. Got any controversial opinions worth debating, Riki?
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...to-one-another


  6. #26
    Fοrum-Owner Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Right There.
    Posts
    3,422


    TMF resorting to the ways of the forum they constantly bash

    Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rob always has the last word. In fact, I'd argue that Rob > God.

    At least Rob wouldn't give us the appendix and call it an intelligent design.

  7. #27
    King of Connect 4 DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed.

    Luffy > Zoro: Riki
    Luffy = Zoro: ?

    Who's willing to debate for Luffy = Zoro?

    Quote Originally Posted by RobLucciRakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TMF resorting to the ways of the forum they constantly bash
    The ways of NF? You say that like NF invented debate contests or something.

  8. #28
    Fοrum-Owner Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Right There.
    Posts
    3,422
    You guys didn't think of doing it until they did
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rob always has the last word. In fact, I'd argue that Rob > God.

    At least Rob wouldn't give us the appendix and call it an intelligent design.

  9. #29
    King of Connect 4 DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,132
    That's like saying we didn't think of making an OP section until they did.

  10. #30
    Knight of Stars pizzadust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,023
    Quote Originally Posted by RobLucciRakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys didn't think of doing it until they did
    Minty actually proposed this idea when he was the contributor for the cafe section.

  11. #31
    hey I never said I was going to debate

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand this is probably to encourage more frequent (and hopefully better quality) debates and arguments, but it this entirely necessary? If you do implement it, please don't keep it around forever as regular debate in "non-special" threads should still be what matters here.
    I do actually agree with this, though I suppose they could serve as a place for reference since most of the arguments will be brought up and discussed on a single thread.

  13. #33
    King of Connect 4 DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hey I never said I was going to debate
    Then why the link?

  14. #34
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,457
    I'm in, if I am still a member by tomorrow.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then why the link?
    because it could probably be a good debate topic for others

  16. #36
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    because it could probably be a good debate topic for others
    Stop fucking up, squinty.

  17. #37
    King of Connect 4 DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,132
    Tsk tsk, Riki. :/

    Who wants to debate the gap between Luffy and Zoro?

  18. #38
    The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    8,187
    I want to, but what's the discussion be though? Because it's not really a discussion if both sides agree to 1 thing,

  19. #39
    King of Connect 4 DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,132
    Obviously both sides have to disgaree. :/

    One side argues for Luffy = Zoro and the other for Luffy > Zoro. Something like that.

  20. #40
    Knight of Stars pizzadust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,023
    I'll consider once I figure out my stance on this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •