Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 549
  1. #41
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by convict View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No it is different. Sei has generals to conquer other territories. She conquers them herself at the fore. Just like how it was her who fought the strongest member of the Bird Fang tribe. She is more akin to Ouki or Renpa in that sense. Besides that you are just repeating yourself. We have both stated our minds on the matter so lets leave it at that.
    Yotanwa's strength is far more reliable than Baijo's, and her overall abillity exceeds his by a lot. It's also very likely that she inherited her position since she was the ruler from a young age. she's superior to Baijo, and I agree with this, so I don't really see why you are using this as an argument. Unless you think that Baijo would somehow become king because he can temporarily surpass her in strength? My point is that Yotanwa would be the ruler of the mountain people regardless of Baijo's strength.



    The author directly stated that he decreases stats if individuals become weaker over the course of the story. he never said a thing about randomly changing his statistics for individuals. I choose to take his word for it. Ketsu by the end was emotionally traumatized. I can see his savvy decreasing because of his mentality.
    Ketsu's leadership stats dropped by 15 points, and this happened before he got tramautized. We know this because he was killed shortly after Rankai's defeat.

    Yes I think the guy who can wound Ouki would be able to beat or at least match Bajio. Shin's emotional boost is unsurpassed in the series. He goes from getting dominated to dominating. Your reliance on stats to base your decisions leaves any semblance of agreement between us nigh impossible.
    Shin's emotional boost isn't the biggest boost in the series and he does not go from getting dominated to dominating. He goes from getting dominated to fighting his opponent on an even playing field or slightly surpassing them. Kyou Kai's power boost allowed her to fight evenly with Houken, and Ouki's power boost allowed him to surpass Houken who would normally be stronger than him. baijo's powerboost allowed him to dominate someone who would normally dominate him.
    Stats are basically the authors opinion on the strength of the characters, and how strong he wanted them to be portrayed. In rankai's case his stats obviously don't show his overall combat abillity because of his low intellect and lack of speed, but that doesn't mean that we should completely throw them out. Going just by portrayal being able to easilly defeat Rankai would put beast baijo on an entirely different level than the strongest mountain warriors, since it's implied that Rankai could defeat Taijifu, Shuumen and Base baijo pretty handilly.
    Last edited by Heart; 02-12-2014 at 04:25 AM.

  2. #42
    Yotanwa's strength is far more reliable than Baijo's, and her overall abillity exceeds his by a lot. It's also very likely that she inherited her position since she was the ruler from a young age. she's superior to Baijo, and I agree with this, so I don't really see why you are using this as an argument. Unless you think that Baijo would somehow become king because he can temporarily surpass her in strength? My point is that Yotanwa would be the ruler of the mountain people regardless of Baijo's strength.
    You are just completely disregarding the author's intent with stressing Yotanwa's potential and lack of peers. You are brushing it all of as due to her leadership and completley ignoring that she has the strentgh to back these statements up by personally going and fighting the best her opponents have to offer.

    Ketsu's leadership stats dropped by 15 points, and this happened before he got tramautized. We know this because he was killed shortly after Rankai's defeat.
    This makes perfect sense as by the time he was killed he had already reached the point where even his underlings such as Mister Shi were silently reflecting on how he wasn't the correct form of leader. Have you forgotten how he went on a rage and started attacking Mister Shi? Does that sound like good leadership to you? The whole Ryofui situation really did a number on him and let out his insecurity completely.

    Shin's emotional boost isn't the biggest boost in the series and he does not go from getting dominated to dominating. He goes from getting dominated to fighting his opponent on an even playing field or slightly surpassing them. Kyou Kai's power boost allowed her to fight evenly with Houken, and Ouki's power boost allowed him to surpass Houken who would normally be stronger than him. baijo's powerboost allowed him to dominate someone who would normally dominate him.
    Shin gets completely outclassed early on such as during the fight against the first assassin. After his rage kicks in he ended up solidly defeating him in strength. Against the Vietnamese assassin he completely started thrashing him. Against Maki, who actually has a strength level of 90, a 1st Wei war incarnation of Shin was able to defeat him. Ouki is already close enough to Ouken in strength and I am not counting Kyoukai's priestess dance in this as that is a different powerup altogether. And seriously this is utter drivel that Bajio would get dominated by Rankai without his beast form. Shunmen who is not much stronger was capable of hurting and easily dodging his attacks just fine. Honestly I feel if given a bunch of replacement swords and a full time limit, Bajio without his beast form would defeat that slow idiotic beast eventually.

    In rankai's case his stats obviously don't show his overall combat abillity because of his low intellect and lack of speed,
    Hence one can't use Bajio's ability to hurt (not defeat) him without much difficulty to claim he would beat Yotanwa of all people. And that is your only argument here.

  3. #43
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    I'll concede and go with A- for Beast mode baijo, and B+ for base baijo. Where would you place Taijifu?

  4. #44
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,853
    Taijifu can go in B. It would be weird to have him in the same sub-tier as Bajio.

    Actually, he might not be as strong as Mouten or Hakurei either. Maybe add a B- tier?

  5. #45
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taijifu can go in B. It would be weird to have him in the same sub-tier as Bajio.

    Actually, he might not be as strong as Mouten or Hakurei either. Maybe add a B- tier?
    I´d put taijifu in c plus. B minus is more suited for people like muta, and the scarlet assasin.

  6. #46
    Lucenthia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    China
    Posts
    255
    I really think Riboku should be in A+. He's not martially strong, nor does he have much weight, but he's the best diplomat ever and the best strategist ever. Yes, there are some saying that Duke Hyou can overcome his strategy with instinct, but Duke Hyou couldn't predict the forming of the coalition army, nor could Duke Hyou predict Houken.
    Last edited by Lucenthia; 02-14-2014 at 05:21 AM.

  7. #47
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucenthia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really think Riboku should be in A+. He's not martially strong, nor does he have much weight, but he's the best diplomat ever and the best strategist ever. Yes, there are some saying that Duke Hyou can overcome his strategy with instinct, but Duke Hyou couldn't predict the forming of the coalition army, nor could Duke Hyou predict Houken.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I really think Riboku should be in A+. He's not martially strong, nor does he have much weight, but he's the best diplomat ever and the best strategist ever. Yes, there are some saying that Duke Hyou can overcome his strategy with instinct, but Duke Hyou couldn't predict the forming of the coalition army, nor could Duke Hyou predict Houken.
    This tier list is based purely on strength and martial abillity.

  8. #48
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    6,733
    Should we rank the 6 GG of Qin, or should we wait till we get some feats/backstory?

  9. #49
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,853
    We could probably rank Kyou, since her stats are available and Houken was drawn to her strength.

  10. #50
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    I'd put Kyou in A. Heki and Shobunkun can go in C+ and I'd put Sei in C.

  11. #51
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,853
    Shobunkun wrecked Muta. I think he can go in either B or B-

  12. #52
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shobunkun wrecked Muta. I think he can go in either B or B-
    Why do you say that? Muta was stronger than base Shin, and was even able to hold back in the beginning of the fight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'll reread the fight.

  13. #53
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,853
    What does that have to do with what I said?

    We have Muta in B-. Shobukun defeated him easily. Thus Shobunkun shouldn't be in C+

  14. #54
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does that have to do with what I said?

    We have Muta in B-. Shobukun defeated him easily. Thus Shobunkun shouldn't be in C+
    I misread your statemeant a bit. Shobunkun struck him from behind and muta was already on his knees from fighting with Shin.

  15. #55
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,853
    I think Muta realised Sho was behind him but couldn't shit about it anyway.

    Not to mention Shobunkun was a well-known soldier even in the time of the Six Great Generals. I'd give him way more credit than C+.

  16. #56
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Muta realised Sho was behind him but couldn't shit about it anyway.

    Not to mention Shobunkun was a well-known soldier even in the time of the Six Great Generals. I'd give him way more credit than C+.
    He turned around and than got struck down on the next page, so yeah he knew that sho was behind him a bit before he got killed. He was physically defeated by that point though. He got struck down by shin before Sho appeared, and couldn't fully get to his feet.





    Notice that he's still on his knees.

  17. #57
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,853
    Fair enough, but he's still better than C+. We'll need more opinions.

  18. #58
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough, but he's still better than C+. We'll need more opinions.
    I'm basing this mostly off of his current stats because he hasn't had any major fights.

  19. #59
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,853
    You guys wanna work on the Overall Ability list now?

  20. #60
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys wanna work on the Overall Ability list now?
    yeh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •