Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I wonder if Aokiji being made to look the youngest is intentional? I mean, with his ice powers and all that, perhaps his fruit also has a side effect of slowing his aging?

but on the other hand I don't think we should look too much into how old the Admirals looked back then.

"Don't count the days, make the days count"

Whitebeard did call Aokiji a kid/brat in the war iirc, I guess that could suggest he is younger than the other two admirals.

Eh, he'd probably call anyone more than 15 years his junior "brat."

I wonder if Aokiji being made to look the youngest is intentional? I mean, with his ice powers and all that, perhaps his fruit also has a side effect of slowing his aging?
    I've been thinking the same about Kizaru. He had quite a few wrinkles even back then. Would be a pretty cool touch if that was the case, though as you said we probably shouldn't put too much thought in this because Oda is not too consistent with this sort of thing. I'd say Crocodile looks younger than Kizaru of 15 years ago but that would make current Kizaru 62+, and I don't really think that's what Oda's going for.

Adviser
    Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whitebeard did call Aokiji a kid/brat in the war iirc, I guess that could suggest he is younger than the other two admirals.
    He called Akainu one as well.

And all 3 Admirals seem to be in their fifties. Like low/mid.

I think it's probably the case that Oda came up with their designs, and didn't want to go through the trouble of making them look excessively younger in the flashbacks. there's also the possibility that Kizaru's wrinkles have nothing to do with age, and he just has a weird face. This is OP after all.

Mid-fifties might be pushing it though, I'd imagine there's be at least a 20 years difference.

Adviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post

Mid-fifties might be pushing it though, I'd imagine there's be at least a 20 years difference.
    Between who?

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Between who?
    Sorry lol. Between the Admirals and Whitebeard/Roger etc.

Adviser
    Sorry lol. Between the Admirals and Whitebeard/Roger etc.
    Well yeah. Let's put the Admirals at age 53. Whitebeard was late 70s. Garp and Roger (if he was alive) would probably be around the same.

Yeah, that makes sense. But it seems more to me like th Admirals are around mid-fourties, idk why.

Also, do you think the prominent Vice-Admirals like Momonga or Strawberry are the same age as the Admirals or a little younger?

Well to me it seems we're dealing with three "groups" of ages who are now the biggest players. Whitebeard etc. is the old era; they're in their 70s / 80s. The Admirals are people who were already well established and powerful during WB & Roger's age, but as "merely" high tiers instead of top-tiers. And then the third group are people like Shanks who were kids in WB & Roger's era.

That fits with the Admirals now being 50-55ish to WB's 72 and Shanks' 38 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    Well to me it seems we're dealing with three "groups" of ages who are now the biggest players. Whitebeard etc. is the old era; they're in their 70s / 80s. The Admirals are people who were already well established and powerful during WB & Roger's age, but as "merely" high tiers instead of top-tiers. And then the third group are people like Shanks who were kids in WB & Roger's era.

That fits with the Admirals now being 50-55ish to WB's 72 and Shanks' 38 IMO.
    I'm not really so sure about that. on one hand, it makes sense, but on the other hand it seems tome there's a chance the Admirals only started getting truly stronger after Roger died. I mean if Kizaru was already high tier when Roger died I think he'd have been an Admiral by the time of Fisher Tiger's death.

It seems pretty evident to me... Kuzan was already a VA and REALLY strong at the Ohara incident, which if I'm not mistaken was just 2 years after Roger's death. We were given a cameo in ch. 0 which was a few years before IIRC and I doubt he was much weaker then. Akainu was shown as a VA at the time of Ohara. Kizaru might have been a later bloomer, granted.

I've always liked the idea that the younger Admirals were growing in strength by fighting in the NW during Roger's age. They wouldn't be matched up with the big shots at that time, but with the lesser core crews which gave them a lot of experience and forced them to really push themselves hard.

It seems pretty evident to me... Kuzan was already a VA and REALLY strong at the Ohara incident, which if I'm not mistaken was just 2 years after Roger's death. We were given a cameo in ch. 0 which was a few years before IIRC and I doubt he was much weaker then. Akainu was shown as a VA at the time of Ohara. Kizaru might have been a later bloomer, granted.

I've always liked the idea that the younger Admirals were growing in strength by fighting in the NW during Roger's age. They wouldn't be matched up with the big shots at that time, but with the lesser core crews which gave them a lot of experience and forced them to really push themselves hard.

Never mind, I forgot about Aokiji being a super-strong Vice-Admiral during Ohara.

So basically the Admirals then are what Smoker is now?

If by now you mean post-TS, then pretty much I guess. Though I doubt Smoker's quite as strong as Kuzan was back then, yet.

Screw all that. When are we gonna see Dragon do something cool?

If by now you mean post-TS, then pretty much I guess. Though I doubt Smoker's quite as strong as Kuzan was back then, yet.
    I wasn't so much talking about Smoker's strength, just the whole "younger Admirals were growing in strength by fighting in the NW during Roger's age" bit.

Adviser
    Also, do you think the prominent Vice-Admirals like Momonga or Strawberry are the same age as the Admirals or a little younger?
    Probably like mid forties. Ten years younger then the Admirals sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
    Screw all that. When are we gonna see Dragon do something cool?
    Seriously man. Can't wait for that huge badass to take some sort of action.

He wasn't an admiral? Didn't he have the power of the buster call back then and gave it to Spanda, or whatever his name was?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGod130 View Post
    He wasn't an admiral? Didn't he have the power of the buster call back then and gave it to Spanda, or whatever his name was?
    No, Sengoku gave Spandine the authority to use the Buster Call 22 years ago. Back then Aokiji was just one of the Vice-Admirals on the Buster Call.