Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Brook can bone anyone...

*Skull Joke*

Yohohohoho

Did luffy use CoO Here or was it something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did luffy use CoO Here or was it something else?
    yes he did, he didn't have very good control over it tho obviously lol

Does anyone know exactly what Oda said about inserting the Supernova into the story? I originally heard that he was forced to create the Supernova by his editors, but now I'm hearing that he always had the Supernova in his head and was simply forced to implement them into the story earlier than planned. I'm really hoping it's the latter.

The nova's were just a way to spice up the Sabondy arc. He originally planned for the strawhats to separate then but not really much aside from that, they were just an idea that seemed to have expanded from a spur of the moment thought to full blown characters that had their own plot relevance.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

I don't think it was spur of the moment, Edward Newgate on NF said something about Oda just showing them earlier than intended and he's usually well informed. Which is why I'm interested in finding the exact quote.

This is apparently a translation by Aohige, source is this topic...

Oonishi: I started from the chapter where Kid, Law, and other Supernova Rookies showed up. But they weren't originally planned.
    Watanabe: What!? Really!?
    Oonishi: It was already decided that the crew will be separated at SA, but we figured that may not be enough to spice things up.
    That's when Mr Oda said "Would it be more interesting if bunch of new characters showed up?"
    Then 3 hours after that, he not only finished the designs of all of them, but had the fixed name ("name" is manga term for rough draft of the chapter) with all of them already drawn in.

The "he decided to insert them earlier than planned" idea seems to be compatible with this, if you put a mental "to be introduced this early" after that quote about how they weren't originally planned, though it isn't outright said.
    Last edited by Coruscation; 04-01-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks. It does seem to me like Oda decided to introduce the SN earlier than planned based on that quote, especially the part where he said "Would it be more interesting if bunch of new characters showed up?" I doubt even Oda could just come up with everything involving the SN in just three hours time.

I agree, the fact that it was apparently Oda who suggested them showing up at Sabaody makes it sound as if he already had an idea of these "new characters".

Though given that he apparently did not have the designs, my guess is that maybe he didn't have ALL of them thought up, but rather just the basic idea of a few powerful contemporary rivals to Luffy (so Kidd and Law, obviously, and maybe Bonney too given that she apparently has some connections to the WG and possibly WB).

Hahaha, Oda is awesome. So he basically added the Supernova's to make SA interesting?

It almost seems like Oda didn't know when to introduce them lol. Kinda odd for someone like him who plans everything out.

Does any of you know the ost that plays here? *Skip to 2:09*
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 04-15-2011 at 08:09 PM.

I'm not sure that song it is, but if you go to Youtube and type in "greatest battle music of all time one piece" one of the videos might contain the song.

I have the entire One Piece BGM OST downloaded, I'll shift through them and see if I can find it for you.

Anyone know how old the Admirals are?

Exact ages no, I'd guess they are in their 40's

Damn, Oda hasn't released their ages?

But around mid forties does sound about right. It does seem like they might have been in their early twenties around the time Roger died.

It honestly looks to me like Akainu and Kizaru are in their fifties, possibly well into. Crocodile is 46 IIRC and they easily look older than him. Aokiji looks youngest, but even then he looked possibly 25ish in Robin's flashback.

If Kizaru's in his forties now then he was possibly in his twenties as we saw him in the current flashback, which I find hard to believe.

Aokiji definitely looks the youngest