Got crushed by some 21 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to Djoker is he washed?

Got crushed by some 21 year old?
    bolid decided to spend his XP on his father skill tree

- - - Updated - - -

federer cashing in another slam though

This new kid actually seems pretty good but had to retire to Fed due to blisters the size of craters

Nadal is too injury prone. I think he can still catch Fed but mostly due to RG titles.
    It's partly due to his playing style one has to concede, much more demanding on the body than Fed's style.

Nadal could win RG until he is 40 if he wanted

Another easy French Open won. The second best clay court player was casually dispatched and Nadal didn't even play his best.

Nadal could win RG until he is 40 if he wanted
    For real. Nadal is unreal on clay, even when he's not at peak level.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    For real. Nadal is unreal on clay, even when he's not at peak level.
    Fed wont even bother anymore he knows he has no chance

Fed wont even bother anymore he knows he has no chance
    Partially, I think.

I really believe Fed would like another crack at Nadal on Clay. The problem I feel he has is he's unsure if his knee will hold up on it, and given that he hasn't played on the stuff since 2016, and even then was only playing sparsely due to back trouble, to really get flowing on it he'll need to play a full clay court swing, as in 4-5 tournaments in the space of 10-12 weeks. That runs the risk of him being... less than 100% come the grass court swing. Seems to me that Fed wagers he could do a full season playing a lot of matches, or he could do another 2-4 years playing almost part time and come out with more titles and overall success.

The problem with that is that Fed needs to win most of the tournaments he enters because it's title or bust at this stage, so you could say his Sunshine swing this year was a failure given that he left with no titles from either masters. But he knows that, and he's okay with it I guess, which is why I would expect him to sweep the grass season.

In short, I don't think being afraid of losing to Nadal is a primary factor. I feel like it just takes up so much energy and doesn't give him a slot of about 3 months to just disengage from the game for a while to play it, coupled with the injury risk and frankly I'd be surprised if Fed ever steps foot on the surface again.
    -----------------------
    Glad the least interesting part of the season is over with honestly. On both circuits, clay court tennis is such a grind to watch and neither the men's or women's tournaments were very interesting towards the end, I think my highlight was either Schwartzman v Anderson or Kasatkina v Wozniaki of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    Partially, I think.

I really believe Fed would like another crack at Nadal on Clay. The problem I feel he has is he's unsure if his knee will hold up on it, and given that he hasn't played on the stuff since 2016, and even then was only playing sparsely due to back trouble, to really get flowing on it he'll need to play a full clay court swing, as in 4-5 tournaments in the space of 10-12 weeks. That runs the risk of him being... less than 100% come the grass court swing. Seems to me that Fed wagers he could do a full season playing a lot of matches, or he could do another 2-4 years playing almost part time and come out with more titles and overall success.

The problem with that is that Fed needs to win most of the tournaments he enters because it's title or bust at this stage, so you could say his Sunshine swing this year was a failure given that he left with no titles from either masters. But he knows that, and he's okay with it I guess, which is why I would expect him to sweep the grass season.

In short, I don't think being afraid of losing to Nadal is a primary factor. I feel like it just takes up so much energy and doesn't give him a slot of about 3 months to just disengage from the game for a while to play it, coupled with the injury risk and frankly I'd be surprised if Fed ever steps foot on the surface again.
    -----------------------
    Glad the least interesting part of the season is over with honestly. On both circuits, clay court tennis is such a grind to watch and neither the men's or women's tournaments were very interesting towards the end, I think my highlight was either Schwartzman v Anderson or Kasatkina v Wozniaki of all things.
    He isnt afraid of losing, he knows his odds of winning though are so abysmally low that the risk/reward is awful. I mean prerty much anyones chances of beating nadal in the fo are like nonexistant unless he is hurt.

Best train for grass and hardcourt where he has been beating nadal lately. He is old now after all

Federer is odds on for Wimby which isnt surprising. Nadal is second which also isnt that suprising. Whats kind of surprising is that the bookies favor Djokovic as the third most likely to win it.

Finalbeta's Final Meltdown
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalbeta View Post

And when the moon will be up I will still be on the group and when the sun then will rise I still will surprise. Make me join do it for me I'm a friend of yours please make me fucking join I need it. Too much freaking has been passed and I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried just in order to join

Please my man please do it for me I need it I need I need it I need this I just need this make me join I fucking need it to continue my NF path from where it ended.

This must happen

Don't stop make it happen make it happen my dream

Don't stop make it happeeeeeennm

Don't stop make it happeeeeeeeeen

I just need so for my life you have to fucking do it please help me

I will do good I will do indeed good give me trust for once my man please I know you can do it? Of course you can. Please your heart is filled in kindness and I know that so help me I need it. I need your love I need your help and this is all the fuck I can prove to you please accept me in the group. Accept me at least once. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Federer is odds on for Wimby which isnt surprising. Nadal is second which also isnt that suprising. Whats kind of surprising is that the bookies favor Djokovic as the third most likely to win it.
    It's too bad they'll all lose when Murray makes his grand return

lol

- - - Updated - - -

btw it has to be the first time i actually wanted nadal to win a roland garros, i'm glad he did it. Thiem still has time to shine anyway

I'm a little surprised Nadal is second favourite. He hasn't had a good tournament since reaching the final in 2011 (lost to Rosol, Darcis, Kygrios, Brown and Müller, didn't play it in 2016). If he got to the Semis I'd be pretty shocked tbh.

its about time he ended his wimby drought .

Nadal, so glad he won another one

He really looked his age in this final though, he no longer seems unbeatable as he used to. If Thiem hadn't missed so much who knows what may have happened. Nadal himself knows that time is running out, that's why he cried in the trophy ceremony. I hope he can still win the FO once or twice more before retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    It's too bad they'll all lose when Murray makes his grand return
    Is Murray ever coming back to tennis courts ?

Last 6 GS now have been won by Fed and Nadal, 3 for eachsuccessively (AO 17 Fed, RG 17 Nadal, Wim 17 Fed, USO 17 Nadal, AO 18 Fed and finally this one). I see this streak continuing with this Wimbledon, and Fed winning a 21st GS. We'll see how fit he is with the first grass tournaments he'll be playing in I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Nadal, so glad he won another one

He really looked his age in this final though, he no longer seems unbeatable as he used to. If Thiem hadn't missed so much who knows what may have happened. Nadal himself knows that time is running out, that's why he cried in the trophy ceremony. I hope he can still win the FO once or twice more before retiring.
    Tbh 80 percent nadal can still squash thiem as evidenced here. Only chance thiem has is if nadal is hurt. Think nadal can easily win many more if he stays healthy.

Tbh 80 percent nadal can still squash thiem as evidenced here. Only chance thiem has is if nadal is hurt. Think nadal can easily win many more if he stays healthy.
    Yeah, but when you're that old athletes can age overnight and become a shadow of themselves, more risk of injury, etc. He can win if he keeps staying relatively healthy, but will he?
    Last edited by Pirao; 06-14-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Yeah, but when you're that old athletes can age overnight and become a shadow of themselves, more risk of injury, etc. He can win is he keeps staying relatively healthy, but will he?
    My guess is he'll take like 2 more RG, which would be enormous (well winning 11 times is already more than spectacular, really).

Maybe one USO more but I'm ify on that one, he had quite an easy run last year, Fed was out of form. Now Djoko seems to be coming back to some sort of form, we'll see where Murray's at soon. FOs are his best chances of winning yet some GS titles.