Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    lol didn't expect that. It is a pretty good read though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never get the sense Megumi's dishes will fill me up whenever they're presented.

Very glad Tadokoro go through. Even nudging out Miyoko which was nice to see considering she also underestimated her. It would have been lame if she really did get 98 though. I didn't even want to see anything higher than 94 tbh. Considering how harsh the judges were being, any higher for any of the contestants seems a bit much. I guess the author's just trying to emphasize the quality of Megumi's work with this though.

Takumi does need some development as well. I never really take him seriously when I see him even though he's meant to be a rival to Souma.

I'm guessing Souma will tie with the curry guy. Maybe scoring a 92.
    lol I meant Alice when I said Megumi here.

well I mean I like it better than the cooking aspect of Toriko. compared to Toriko as a whole I'm not sure yet

I wish the updates for this weren't so irregular. ;_;

You're in luck, Chapter 58 is out.

so Hayama's score still wasn't as high as Alice's

Yukihira will probably tie Hayama. or maybe get 96

If Yukihara beats Alice, I'll eat one of my socks. She's pretty much been portayed as Nakiri's equal and looked superior to him in that training camp. I think the only time he'll beat her is in the main tournament. Until then, I think she'll look better than him. I think he'll get 94 now. Or 95 if he's lucky. I'm kinda disappointed at the number of people getting high scores though. It would have been nice if it still felt like they had a ways to go.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Remind me who Alice is.

This chick:

I think Soma will tie with Alice. Since Nakiri is watching and Isshiki made a jab at her about it, I think Soma tying with Alice would be a real shock for Nakiri. That and I find her tantrums funny so I'm hoping for it.

the thing about the scores I find weird is that the students are basically divided into two at this point, the normal ones who were scoring in the 20s and the more important characters which are scoring in the 80-90s, there were no scores shown in between which feels kind of unnatural. and also the point about the highest score in previous years just being in the 80s and this year there's so many 80s and 90s is weird too, but that could just be explained by this generation being the best one yet.

also Ibusaki and Marui might have to fight for the last spot, hopefully Ibusaki wins

lol yeah, that's true. There should've been a few 60's and 50's. Honestly, the girl with the black curry should have been in the high seventies, and a couple more in the low eighties. At that point, it would have still seemed impressive after what we had seen.

And yeah I prefer Ibusaki too.

Gettin' real tired of these incredibly high and almost perfect scores...it makes it seem like these judges aren't the hard asses they were made out to be in the beginning....I don't like Hayama to begin with and that score is just stupidly high...Hoping for Souma to just tie him at this point because any higher than that and I'd start to doubt Souma's development process...he was just a beginner in curry before the announcement of the dish. He still has room to grow compared to someone like Hayama who's been a Curry fiend since his first appearance

Chapter 59

I think they're really pushing it with Yukihara and Hayama's equality in this chapter. Just have him lose and be done with it. That judge calling the other one a minor character was a bit funny though.

"YOURS IS THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!"
    -- Kamina

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Loved it anyways.

Only ever had omurice in this cooking class I did. It's really nice.

Good chapter. Glad we're moving onto the next stage now. It's starting to feel a bit repetitive.

yea they went through a bit too much just to give Yukihira a lower score but still say they were about equal

and noo Ibusaki ;_;

Ba-dump. Chapter 60

-- Kamina

lol that panel with the swimsuit flying through the air

An ok chapter. Things are slowing down for now I'spose. The "I want to be stronger" line felt a bit out of place in a cooking manga.

So how do you think this main tournament will go down?

I think Alice, Yukihara, Hayama (depending on who he draws) and the Italian chef will be the final four. I can see Alice going up against her chef in the first round and just forfeiting to her. Nakiri's aide might lose to the Italian to hype him up. Yukihara or Megumi will face either Hayama or this mystery student.

-- Kamina

how is the main tournament going to be structured? like is it just going to be an 8 person bracket?

I could see Megumi vs the mystery student or something like that, also I think Takumi might lose early on