Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

350... 350... 350...

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't actually read too many of the Raw pages, but since SnQrls reads them I figure there may be a few other members who reads them as well.

EDIT: Since there's still hundreds of raws, make sure you still spoiler tag them while mentioning what chapter the raw you're discussing is.

Anywho, I browsed the next couple of chapters to get a feel of Karin and man she is a bitch. She and Moubu will get on well.

EDIT: Link.
    Are all the raws on that link there? Because if that's the case, the translated version's really catching up. Won't be long now.
    Also, are the raws in Chinese, because if that's the case then it'd be really awesome, since I can read and understand Chinese.

- - - Updated - - -

Woohoo! Shin's a 3000 man commander after the coalition war!

Okay. Just finished reading the raws, and holy crap it is amazing. Has everyone on this thread read until chapter 382, the furthest it goes on mangasky? Well, just in case, I'll keep my stuff in spoiler tags.

My favorite bit in the raws was Mougou's death. Not every general died in a blaze of glory, and his death suited him. He was a mild-mannered guy, very different from Choutou. I really liked the way he foreshadowed Ouhon, Mouten and Shin taking up the mantle the 6GG left behind. It was a touching scene, and I couldn't believe he died.

My next favorite bit was Seikyou's second "rebellion". We got to see a whole other side of him. The way he changed was a tribute, not only to his own character but to Sei's. He died nobly, and I was so sad when he died. Even more so than when Mougou and Choutou died. I really
    wanted him to live. I really really did. He went out in a great way, and I really liked him.

And next, Shin and Kyoukai are SO awesome. Kyoukai's fight against the Shiyuu was epic, and we got to see how strong she was. She also vowed to become a general alongside Shin afterwards, which was cool.
    And my mouth dropped when we got to see Shin using Ouki's glaive. He looks like a proper general now.

I'm super hyped up for the next arc. It's a Wei vs Qin arc, and both Ouhon and Shin are 5000 commanders. The enemies look strong, and it's gonna be awesome. Kingdom still continues to impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucenthia View Post
    Okay. Just finished reading the raws, and holy crap it is amazing. Has everyone on this thread read until chapter 382, the furthest it goes on mangasky? Well, just in case, I'll keep my stuff in spoiler tags.

My favorite bit in the raws was Mougou's death. Not every general died in a blaze of glory, and his death suited him. He was a mild-mannered guy, very different from Choutou. I really liked the way he foreshadowed Ouhon, Mouten and Shin taking up the mantle the 6GG left behind. It was a touching scene, and I couldn't believe he died.

My next favorite bit was Seikyou's second "rebellion". We got to see a whole other side of him. The way he changed was a tribute, not only to his own character but to Sei's. He died nobly, and I was so sad when he died. Even more so than when Mougou and Choutou died. I really
    wanted him to live. I really really did. He went out in a great way, and I really liked him.

And next, Shin and Kyoukai are SO awesome. Kyoukai's fight against the Shiyuu was epic, and we got to see how strong she was. She also vowed to become a general alongside Shin afterwards, which was cool.
    And my mouth dropped when we got to see Shin using Ouki's glaive. He looks like a proper general now.

I'm super hyped up for the next arc. It's a Wei vs Qin arc, and both Ouhon and Shin are 5000 commanders. The enemies look strong, and it's gonna be awesome. Kingdom still continues to impressed.
    nice avatar.

Haha, thanks. Kyoukai got so beast in the raws, and it was an awesome fight.

Anyone still read or use this thread anymore? I want to compare "notes" on the history of China that Hara might use for future Kingdom chapters and maybe discuss the current raws.

Quote Originally Posted by Void King View Post
    Anyone still read or use this thread anymore? I want to compare "notes" on the history of China that Hara might use for future Kingdom chapters and maybe discuss the current raws.
    Sure. I still follow this thread, but no one else posts on it. I'd be happy to discuss theories with you, although my knowledge of Chinese History is pretty weak.

Sure. I still follow this thread, but no one else posts on it. I'd be happy to discuss theories with you, although my knowledge of Chinese History is pretty weak.
    Cool, sorry for the late reply, had to take sometime off to cool my head after dealing with a troll.

I read some history off wikipedia (not a good idea but bare bones nonetheless) and after Kanki loses to Riboku, he runs off to Yan to avoid responsibility for the loss. Do you know about Yan's Jing Ke? He was an assassin that Yan used to try to kill Sei and word has it that Kanki (under the name Fan Wuji) helped him. He failed so Sei used that as an excuse to attack Yan but I think it's pretty neat that Kanki didn't just fadeaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Void King View Post
    Cool, sorry for the late reply, had to take sometime off to cool my head after dealing with a troll.

I read some history off wikipedia (not a good idea but bare bones nonetheless) and after Kanki loses to Riboku, he runs off to Yan to avoid responsibility for the loss. Do you know about Yan's Jing Ke? He was an assassin that Yan used to try to kill Sei and word has it that Kanki (under the name Fan Wuji) helped him. He failed so Sei used that as an excuse to attack Yan but I think it's pretty neat that Kanki didn't just fadeaway.
    Yeah, I think late replies are a thing now. I haven't been on the forums for the past two months. No real reason, to be honest. I just got into the habit of not coming here. I'm not sure why.
    Anyways, I didn't know about Kanki deliberately failing to kill Sei. I hope that does happen in the manga, because if it does, then it would definitely say something about how his character's changed. As it stands now, Kanki couldn't care less if Sei were to die.

Still, when did this defeat happen? Riboku's exiled to some village, so unless Riboku's going to come back, I don't see it happening.

Yeah, I think late replies are a thing now. I haven't been on the forums for the past two months. No real reason, to be honest. I just got into the habit of not coming here. I'm not sure why.
    Anyways, I didn't know about Kanki deliberately failing to kill Sei. I hope that does happen in the manga, because if it does, then it would definitely say something about how his character's changed. As it stands now, Kanki couldn't care less if Sei were to die.

Still, when did this defeat happen? Riboku's exiled to some village, so unless Riboku's going to come back, I don't see it happening.
    It happened in the second campaign to conquer Zhao. Qin had three campaigns, the first one was a success but they didn't conquer the whole state. The second one was a failure, because Riboku defeated Kanki and the third was a stalemate. Qin had to bribe officials in the Zhao court for Riboku to fall from grace and then they conquered Zhao.

The Zhao king is fickle so I could see him calling back Riboku into service as Riboku seemingly didn't take part in the first successful Qin campaign. Currently, I also don't see Riboku coming back just yet because of the circumstances but that first Qin invasion was disastrous for Zhao so desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Any word on how this plays out in real life?
    <a href=http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic689_5.gif target=_blank>http://www.millenniumforums.com/sign...igpic689_5.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Brohan View Post
    Any word on how this plays out in real life?
    The campaign only mentioned in a single sentence in some other source, not the Shijii or whatever. Qin won. No further description.

Qin actually wins the war with the Fire Dragons? Interesting.
    <a href=http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic689_5.gif target=_blank>http://www.millenniumforums.com/sign...igpic689_5.gif</a>

I thought the Fire Dragons were fictional? Well actually, semi-fictional, maybe like Kanmei (whose name was taken from a person that was alive in the same era but wasn't exactly like the general depicted by Hara).

Anybody think Chu is "overrated" by the author?

In real life, Chu was plagued by corruption and shit and was in decline before the story began. They also fell further when Shunshinkun died. Sure, they were still a super state but it was just a facade.

Kanmei was not the beast general he was in the manga. The real life guy was an official or something yearning for Shunshinkun's attention.

They had to move their capital once because motherfucking Hakuki invaded their state and fucked their shit up badly. Funny how Kanmei mentions beating Oukotsu but forgets that Hakuki had such an easy time with Chu.

Karin is fictional.

Kouen was known for handing an overconfident Shin his ass but jobbing to a real general in the form of Ousen.

Alright, so continuing on about the third great heaven here:

From what Kanki was saying in the main thread, it's most likely Sima Shang (司馬尚), the guy that helped Riboku defend against the armies of Ousen, Yotanwa, and Kyoukai in the third major Zhao campaign. His name isn't mentioned before this, and another source tells me he died around the same time as Riboku.

Other info: SSK was mentioned as the leader of the Chu army, together with the Wei army, helped to fight back the Qin siege on Zhao's capital after Hakuki won Chouhei.