Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Watching the anime atm. After a while, Mouten's look isn't bad really. Kinda does suit him. Looking at the latter half of season 2, the quality's picked up quite a lot. A shame they whored the CGI in season 1 though. I still think the characters look better in the manga, but it's still good.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ten doesn't look bad actually. His colouring suits his dandy appearance.
    How far into the manga are you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gadmiral View Post
    How far into the manga are you?
    Caught up. I meant that he looks like a dandy, but obviously doesn't act like one

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

You caught up?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gadmiral View Post
    You caught up?
    He's probably talking about Mouten.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Hopefully, lol.

lol, yeah he´s talking about mouten not karyoten.

Kingdom Impressions

So I have watched Kingdom 2 episode 36 which was the last episode of the anime, when I saw there was no more episode I was like fuck I'm caught up. So this is a really great series, I haven't read the manga and I actually don't plan to. I'm going to keep watching Kingdom anime each week as it comes out from now on. Just a few things I want to say quickly.

Wang Qi is a fucking legendary character even outside his own legend, he's a great character overall. Lian Po is a monster and I was surprised at his genius, I like Xin's goal got clear to him and he realized him and Zheng now share the same goal of uniting China, I liked Wang Ben and Meng Ti being good rivals/allies of Xin which is something he kinda needed.

The beginning of the series immediately let me know this wasn't going to be your regular anime because the story of Xin and Piao having this dream + the way the story unfolded which was a different way of going about things with surprise at each corner. Also I didn't expect Zheng to have a backstory like he did, I knew he wasn't your regular spoiled and arrogant royalty but damn, the struggle is real lol.

When I saw on my mangareader app on my phone as I was scrolling down random categories that Kingdom was a Seinen manga I wasn't surprised at all because the quality and everything was there + the fact that Seinen manga are usually better written. Anyways, I'm glad I'm officially caught up with the anime and am looking forward to enjoy more of this great series.

try not to post outside of the reading log until you catch up.

I already said I'm caught up with the anime and I don't plan on reading the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    I already said I'm caught up with the anime and I don't plan on reading the manga.
    post in the official anime thread than. Spoilers are a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    post in the official anime thread than. Spoilers are a bitch.
    Don't worry I already almost got spoiled by youtube comment saying the series has 8 timeskips, even if they're not big, it's considered a big spoiler to someone who doesn't want to know anything. This was simply my impressions thread, I have no intention of hanging around this section with only being caught up to the anime because I know there are some assholes who would spoil on purpose so I'll be enjoying Kingdom anime without talking about it anyways, forums discussions about episode/chapter thoughts are a bitch.

They censor too much stuff in the anime. They didn''t even mention the bags that Kanki sent to the enemy were bags full of eyeballs.

The tone and mood of the anime doesn't match the actual content. Disappointed with Ten's first battle.

Don't understand the direction of the anime. It is clearly evidenced that multiple small groups are doing the anime because there are so many different styles. Yes, computer generation is much needed to generate thousands of non noticeable people at once but the way they used it is weird. It clearer in season 2, that a lot more scenes are not as computer generate as the first season which is cool and kinda reminded me a little bit of Berserk (though really rare still).

Ouki is a lot more creepy in color.

Episode 38 was released, meaning season 2 is now complete. CGI usage has been reduced fortunately, but I still dislike how censored it all is. It's a seinen. While Shingeki no Kyojin's anime isn't as graphic as the manga, it still shows enough to show the brutality the series' known for. I wish the same could be said for this.

Season 2 was def. an improvement. I´ll never understand why there´s no blood in the kingdom anime, but blood in the OP anime.

I want to pick this up in the upcoming days, it was always on my list when I have time. Anime that much worse then the manga to just read the manga? I prefer anime to manga generally for the animation, but manga doesn't censor stuff and generally much more detailed. Is the anime crap and should i just read the manga? Or watch anime first then go to manga. Cause either way i'm checking out the manga, just wanna know if the anime is worth my time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    I want to pick this up in the upcoming days, it was always on my list when I have time. Anime that much worse then the manga to just read the manga? I prefer anime to manga generally for the animation, but manga doesn't censor stuff and generally much more detailed. Is the anime crap and should i just read the manga? Or watch anime first then go to manga. Cause either way i'm checking out the manga, just wanna know if the anime is worth my time as well.
    Most people don't like the anime very much, and it skips an arc, so I'd watch it after reading the manga rather than before.

Banned
    Where is the anime currently at in the story line?