Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 107
  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Brohan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That isn't even bad.

  2. #42
    Nah, total garbage not even worth looking at.
    <a href=http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic689_5.gif target=_blank>http://www.millenniumforums.com/sign...igpic689_5.gif</a>

  3. #43
    I am in volume 10 of Kingdom.

    I know i still got a long in order to catch up but i try to enjoy slowly this excellent series.

    To be honest, the first volume didn't impressed me and i was ready to drop it, so i decided to give it a chance and read a bit more in case i could see an improvement.

    And i was so right for continuing reading it.

  4. #44
    Generals are like top tier WWE wrestlers
    <a href=http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic689_5.gif target=_blank>http://www.millenniumforums.com/sign...igpic689_5.gif</a>

  5. #45
    Rampaging Beast Thdyingbreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,143
    So I've been meaning to pick this up for a while and I was just wondering at what point would you say the story starts getting good?

    Since most series generally start off slow and get good later and I assume it's the same case for Kingdom.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Thdyingbreed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I've been meaning to pick this up for a while and I was just wondering at what point would you say the story starts getting good?

    Since most series generally start off slow and get good later and I assume it's the same case for Kingdom.
    It's pretty good right off the bat since Shin gets thrown right into the mix of things.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Thdyingbreed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I've been meaning to pick this up for a while and I was just wondering at what point would you say the story starts getting good?

    Since most series generally start off slow and get good later and I assume it's the same case for Kingdom.
    By the the mid 20s (chapters) you will be completely hooked. I was even before then. But if you haven't become hooked even then do not fret, it keeps getting bigger and bigger and more importantly better and better.

  8. #48
    The 3rd major arc is where it becomes god like.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Thdyingbreed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I've been meaning to pick this up for a while and I was just wondering at what point would you say the story starts getting good?

    Since most series generally start off slow and get good later and I assume it's the same case for Kingdom.
    I think it starts off pretty slow (not story wise, since X says the MC gets thrown into the thick of things petty fast but rather interest wise). For me, the series picked up with the first major war arc, which is the second arc overall.

  10. #50
    I've been reading it about a year ago and completely forgot about it. Now I'm caught up and everything. Just don't expect me to discuss it much. I don't like discussing manga when only a select group of people know about it and bring it up to the world that it's the best, then when it becomes hugely popular at some point, haters and detractors come along. It's more fun to discuss things with haters. It's like back in 2007 when everyone was saying OP was shit when it was clearly not. It's where Kingdom is right now.

    I like it a lot, it has more raw emotion than One Piece, my #1 favorite at the moment. Weekly though? Chapters are slow, not much is happening, and I hate it when people bash on Nami and Robin when you've got people like Diao/Ten. Hope the girl learns the bow to become one of the Bows of China or something. She's been kidnapped more than Nami lol. 3 times vs Nami's 2, or am I remembering it wrong?

    What the f you guys use here anyway? Chinese or Japanese names?

    Kingdom is the shit and I'm glad to be reading it.

  11. #51
    The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    8,024
    Will be reading this soon.

  12. #52
    Tried getting into it, didn't make it past chapter 6 :rex

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gladfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will be reading this soon.
    Nice

    Quote Originally Posted by WILD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tried getting into it, didn't make it past chapter 6 :rex
    Soldier on son. :rex

  14. #54
    PIERCE THE HEAVENS Bold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been reading it about a year ago and completely forgot about it. Now I'm caught up and everything. Just don't expect me to discuss it much. I don't like discussing manga when only a select group of people know about it and bring it up to the world that it's the best, then when it becomes hugely popular at some point, haters and detractors come along. It's more fun to discuss things with haters. It's like back in 2007 when everyone was saying OP was shit when it was clearly not. It's where Kingdom is right now.

    I like it a lot, it has more raw emotion than One Piece, my #1 favorite at the moment. Weekly though? Chapters are slow, not much is happening, and I hate it when people bash on Nami and Robin when you've got people like Diao/Ten. Hope the girl learns the bow to become one of the Bows of China or something. She's been kidnapped more than Nami lol. 3 times vs Nami's 2, or am I remembering it wrong?

    What the f you guys use here anyway? Chinese or Japanese names?

    Kingdom is the shit and I'm glad to be reading it.
    Yeah, Kingdom was the shit when we were getting 3 chapters a week.

    Ten isn't that bad to be honest. Neither's Nami or Robin. They're just overshadowed by the stronger characters surrounding them. They have their moments.


    “With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina

  15. #55
    I remember the golden days of Bayou, getting 8 chapters a week.

    For all you guys that haven't tried Kingdom, please do! It starts off slow and the art isn't good but it massively improves on both!

    The strong points of this manga are the epic moments of both strategic and action moments, double page spreads, and surprising depth from a Shonen-like Seinen manga.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by WILD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tried getting into it, didn't make it past chapter 6 :rex
    Keep going. Quite a few people didn't like the 1st arc and then fell in love with the series. Arc 2 is good, arc 3 is amazing.

    The art also changes totally as well. We go from this:





    To this:



    The series nearly went out of print until the author changed his drawing style throughout arcs 2+3. Hit arc 4 and it's great, so you'll see more of this:








    I'm still waiting for someone to colour the bottom one.

    Could have posted better ones but I didn't want to show anything that could be a spoiler.

  17. #57
    Post the girls Kanki. No redblooded man likes to see other men

    like this cutie:



    or her:


  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Post the girls Kanki. No redblooded man likes to see other men

    like this cutie:



    or her:

    Hey hey, don't forget the ones that can fight too:




  19. #59
    Because it is fucking awesome manga .

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because it is fucking awesome manga .
    My man, finally on board. Looking forward to see you post here more often.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •