Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you liked golden age arc of Berserk and Vinland Saga. You should like Kingdom. Historical fiction with exaggerated reality such as depictions of nigh-superhuman strength.
    Got my interest.

I wouldnt say its anything like Vinland, the golden age arc of Berserk is probably a lot closer to it. Sei and Canute are probably the only meaningful characters that would link in it. But you may as well try it

Because Ouki.

I came to watch the anime first because I mix up couple of series and I mistakenly though Kindom's art was bad. But the series art is pretty top notch, though with some weird but memorable character design. Even the so call slow beginning was probably better than One Piece. I did skipped couple of story arcs while watching anime. Mainly the whole Ei Sei's back story/the assassin girl's back story/and some of that political drama.

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    I came to watch the anime first because I mix up couple of series and I mistakenly though Kindom's art was bad. But the series art is pretty top notch, though with some weird but memorable character design. Even the so call slow beginning was probably better than One Piece. I did skipped couple of story arcs while watching anime. Mainly the whole Ei Sei's back story/the assassin girl's back story/and some of that political drama.
    When the series first started the art was a lot worser than it is now.

Yeah, Sei's backstory was pretty dull. I was blazing through the chapters before then and I slowed down when I got to that point. It had a decent conclusion to it though.

“With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina

Banned
    I hate politics. Can this series still be enjoyed and why?

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    After the first major arc, politics takes a serious back seat to warfare. The entire cast of characters is solid, with plenty of badasses in there and many of them are unique and interesting. There's an abundance of badass moments, and it's easily the most consistently high quality manga I've read, and I think it'd be fair to say 90% of the regulars who've read this would rate it really highly.

Here's a mini-review I did of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post

Name of Series: Kingdom - Read here.
    Comment / Review: There is a reason it was voted for Series of The Month over several other quality manga. Kingdom is an excellent reading. It's my favourite manga I've completed since becoming Contributor and I've read at least 20 different mangas since then. It starts out stronger than most manga I've read like One Piece, Toriko, etc. It's also consistently entertaining from start to finish.
    Rating: 9/10
    Recommended: Yes

“With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina

Banned
    You should place a video here of one of the good fights/scenes of the anime, possibly without any spoilers, just so I can see what it is like.

Id say this mangas about 30% political, the rest is just pure warfare and fighting. Its a great manga you should pick it up.

Well the sort of ancient politics is different than the modern politics. It is kinda like Game of Thrones/ASOIAF.
    But I don't think it is the right medium for it. I enjoy politics a lot. Some politic aspects in Kingdom is okay. The others politic aspect of kingdom is kinda boring.

- - - Updated - - -

You should place a video here of one of the good fights/scenes of the anime, possibly without any spoilers, just so I can see what it is like.
    Not a fight, but some panels to see what sort of things you are expecting.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/kingdom/307/7

This isn't even one of the main fights in the series.

500 years of war? lol.

- - - Updated - - -

First chapter was pretty good

The art still shit?

Define "shit"

All 3 first chapters good so far. Great pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Define "shit"
    That's not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    That's not necessary.
    Neither is talking out of your ass.

You seem to be at quite a loss Houken. To be General is to be burdened...Ever since the tender age of thirteen, I have toured countless battlefields across the lands. I have lost tens of thousands of comrades, and buried hundreds of thousands of foes. The hopes and wishes that faded together with the sparks of all those lives, all of that now dwells heavily upon these two shoulders. Naturally, Kyou's will is with me too. A hermit like you who spends all of his time in the mountains all alone would probably have no idea what this entails.
    <a href=http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic689_5.gif target=_blank>http://www.millenniumforums.com/sign...igpic689_5.gif</a>

Kingdom is like LoGH set in ancient China, packed to the brim with pulse-pounding battle scenes and intricate political plays that lets you dive deeply into the motivations of various characters from the King to the commoners that are affected by the battlefield as a whole.

It is a shame that the anime flopped so badly; if it was Type-Moon that made the anime, it would've been groundbreaking and would've ended up as an instant classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    The art still shit?
    http://www.mangahere.co/manga/kingdom/v32/c349/13.html

Looks pretty shit to me
    <a href=http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic689_5.gif target=_blank>http://www.millenniumforums.com/sign...igpic689_5.gif</a>