Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,421 to 1,428 of 1428
    @Sin;

did you make those rolecards from JoJo and Wire game on PS or something?

what do we do, bolid

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    she didn't actually mess up anymore then you did really. just like you her entrance to the game was too sus for me, but riki's talk and death made me reconsider you.
    You are smarter than Riki for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Finalbeta View Post
    You are smarter than Riki for sure
    i think you should stop understimating rikki

he's a higher level player then me, we can trash talk all we want, but show some respect kiddo

what do we do, bolid

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    @Sin;

did you make those rolecards from JoJo and Wire game on PS or something?
    i made them in paint like a peasant. no template, each one was made by hand so to speak. i don't recommend you to follow my example, it's a ton of work for little gain. with the wire, i did it because i wanted to use the wire's font for the roles, so it was basically a thematic reason. with jojo, it was my first large scale-ish role madness on here, and i wanted to remove the possibilities for newbies to copy-paste parts out of their role PMs just to make it unlikelier that somebody fucks up that way and nets themselves a modkill.

i probably won't go back to doing it this way, simply because it's boring as fuck and it's not really necessary unless you want to go the extra mile with a theme. i still think it's cool to do if a series has a specific font like in the wire, it adds love to the roles. but most series don't have that

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    i had a big post written up but my computer blue-screened and i don't feel like doing it again

the gist of it was that you could experiment with making certain number ranges correspond to role modifiers / variations. it might become clearer if i show it with an example

I =

1-5 - Macho Cop
    6-15 - Sane Cop
    16 - 20 - Amnesiac Cop
    21 - 24 - Paranoid Cop
    25 - Insane Cop

II =

1-10 - Voyeur
    11 - 25 - Watcher

III =

1-15 - Deputy Cop
    16 - 24 - Coroner
    25 - Thief

these numbers and roles are arbitrary, but you get where i'm coming from. also if you decide to do this you shouldn't think too hard on balance anyways, this set-up would have innate fluctuation in how strong each faction is so it really doesn't matter. i personally would just try to make it more novel instead of balanced.

also i feel like you are overcomplicating how to rand the mafia roles. just assign certain roles to certain town role splits. for example, if there is one investigative role, draw a mafia role from the one-investigative-role pool. if there are three investigative roles, draw a mafia role from the three-investigative-role pool. you could still rand the drawing of the mafia roles, but they will always be limited to a certain pool simply depending on which town roles are present. this also allows you to design the game in such a way that you can give a faction certain advantages. in the example above, three I's makes it possible for a town coroner to be in the game. naturally, you should then include the possibility for a mafia janitor in the three-investigative-role pool for mafia, as the coroner would be useless otherwise. it still doesn't guarantee that the coroner would be useful because a mafia janitor might just not get randed, but the possibility exists and that's all that matters.

of course, if you decide to do it this way, there needs to be an overlap in the mafia role pool. there need to be some roles that are in multiple pools, because if a role is only present once, the mafia can immediately deduce which town roles could be present in the game which is a big advantage. by making overlapping roles, you can alleviate that sort of.

anyways, i'm not sure if i managed to explain this sufficiently. if i couldn't bring my point across then simply try to tackle it alone lol.
    Okay so in the example you provided, the first pool corresponds to only drawing one I, the 2nd pool to 2 I's and the 3rd to 3 I's

It's an interesting idea but that requires making a whole bunch of different pools doesn't it?. Since it's technically possible for example to get 9 I's or whatever category you have. And I'd have to do that for every category as well as the mafia. That seems pretty complicated.

I do like the idea of roles for certain number ranges though.

- - - Updated - - -

What I do like about the progressive tiers though is that you have a set up that's grounded in guaranteeing certain roles.

So like in the first set up I proposed you're almost guaranteed a Cop/Jailer/Vig followed by weaker roles in that tier

But if I'm going this route maybe I should opt to just guarantee those town roles, SK, and Godfather, and roll for what's left.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    i made them in paint like a peasant. no template, each one was made by hand so to speak. i don't recommend you to follow my example, it's a ton of work for little gain. with the wire, i did it because i wanted to use the wire's font for the roles, so it was basically a thematic reason. with jojo, it was my first large scale-ish role madness on here, and i wanted to remove the possibilities for newbies to copy-paste parts out of their role PMs just to make it unlikelier that somebody fucks up that way and nets themselves a modkill.

i probably won't go back to doing it this way, simply because it's boring as fuck and it's not really necessary unless you want to go the extra mile with a theme. i still think it's cool to do if a series has a specific font like in the wire, it adds love to the roles. but most series don't have that
    damn, well that copy pasting i understood, but hand carving those rolesheets for us for the sake of theme

i really want to give the P5 that kind of love for a game that i'm going tune much better than i did bnha. i might use gimp for that tho, only if it doesn't take too long.

i was wondering if you were gonna play? coz i have a couple of small questions

if you're gonna play, i'm gonna ask someone on MU if what i'm doing is alright or not.

what do we do, bolid

I'm going to gather roles I'll also consider for the set up

Arsonist
    Babysitter
    Banker
    Bomb
    Bookie
    Commuter
    Coroner
    Doctor
    Firefighter
    Follower
    Forensic Investigator
    Framer
    Friendly Neighbor
    Gladiator
    Governor
    Guard
    Gunsmith
    Innocent Child
    Inventor
    Jack-of-all-trades
    Janitor
    Lawyer
    Motion Detector
    Paranoid Gun Owner
    Poison Doctor
    Poisoner
    Priest
    Psychiatrist
    Psychologist
    Redirector
    Reporter
    Reviver
    Role Cop
    Roleblocker
    Suicide Bomber
    Universal Backup
    Vote Thief
    Voyeur
    Watcher

People need to start using the Mafia Queue thread if they want to host.

The Commander From Hell