Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Who do you guys usually side with during those ''Tom vs Gad'' debates that have been happening?

I dont really like siding with either of them

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who do you guys usually side with during those ''Tom vs Gad'' debates that have been happening?
    You shouldn't side with the player; you should side with the argument.

Most of the problem why town constantly lose is because people dont put enough pressure on one another, you guys just randomly go with the flow. Most of you guys dont even bother to scum hunt, losing only becomes a problem for you when the heat comes to you.

'Scum-hunting' isn't an actual thing, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    You shouldn't side with the player; you should side with the argument.
    Well who would you say usually makes the better argument?

I usually ignore them and come to my own conclusions before reading their arguments. Then I see if they can persuade me otherwise with their points. It's always a mix of Tom vs X or X vs Gad or Gad vs Tom. So that's my general approach with those 3.

Yeah it clearly is. You scum hunt by forcing people who dont usually post to talk, and see what their opinions are. You get nothing done by letting them fly under the radar and when the time comes to lynch somebody thats inactive, no one has a clue what to do because no one put any heat on them to see how they react or bothered to ask who they think is suspious.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Well who would you say usually makes the better argument?
    I'd go with the guy that actually provides an argument over the guy who resorts to blackmailing and bluffing about how he's going to role reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Yeah it clearly is. You scum hunt by forcing people who dont usually post to talk, and see what their opinions are. You get nothing done by letting them fly under the radar and when the time comes to lynch somebody thats inactive, no one has a clue what to do because no one put any heat on them to see how they react or bothered to ask who they think is suspious.
    tbh, I'd like to pressure someone like MM or PZ but they're usually offline for 12 hours before you'd get a reply.

Well then you remember if they are usually like that from past games when they were townies. Being good at mafia isnt about what you know its about who you know, you need to be able to read people based off of how they usually play.

And what is Tommy supposed to do in his Champions Game, with players who are strangers to him?

Well then you remember if they are usually like that from past games when they were townies. Being good at mafia isnt about what you know its about who you know, you need to be able to read people based off of how they usually play.
    Yeah, I get your point. But PZ and MM are special cases. MM has never been Mafia and has always been inactive in these games. It's possible he'd stay inactive as Mafia too. The last time I remember PZ being town was that Assassin's Creed game, but since then, he hasn't been active in the forum. While he was inactive the last time he was Mafia, he's a sporadic member anyway who rarely spends time on the site these days. Pussy and Zoro are typical lurkers as well as is BD, regardless of their alignment. When there's lots of lurkers, town just focuses on the active players instead since that's how the lurkers normally play.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Most of the problem why town constantly lose is because people dont put enough pressure on one another, you guys just randomly go with the flow. Most of you guys dont even bother to scum hunt, losing only becomes a problem for you when the heat comes to you.
    I like this guy.

You can still pick out where they are being inconsistent in their posting. It doesnt have to be from game across game although that does help.

Fair enough.

Banned
    What is the purpose of this thread? The conversation is going in seventeen different directions.

Do convo threads ever have a purpose? I thought all they were was a place to spam

But this is the best kind of spam: Mafia Spam.

Do you guys get abilities according to the character your got or?

That's usually the case, but sometimes it's not that obvious.