Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I never participated in a game club.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Yes you did. Just not formally.

I posted in the thread a few times. When I realised only club members were allowed to post, I stopped. It ain't a big deal, Gad.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

SHUT UP lolDupla!!! YOU DISAPPOINTED ME!!!

The game guys. Talk about the game.

Who do you think was the most evil character in the series? And make sure you spoiler tag and say which game it is first too.

The Fan Translation for Investigation 2 is complete.

You need to download the original Investigations 2 ROM (the Japanese version).

Then, you need to use a patch on it to translate it. So you'll need to download this:

Xdelta UI

And this:

Xdelta UI Patch file

Click download file > Manual Download

When both are ready, run Xdelta UI, select the downloaded patch file for the "Patch" file, select your ROM for "Source File", then click the "..." button and give the patched version a name i.e. Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2. Click "Patch" when you finish and play it on the emulator.

If you don't see the file you created initially where you saved it, switch from "All Usable Files" to "All Files". You should be able to find it then.
    Last edited by Bold; 06-25-2014 at 11:56 AM.

http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Da..._no_B%C5%8Dken

Great Turnabout Trial: The Adventures of Ryūnosuke Naruhodō is coming out in 1 month and 3 days, though only in japan. won't be long until it gets released in the west; dual destinies was released around 5 months after it came out in japan. get hyped, brethren
    Last edited by Sin; 06-05-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Great Turnabout Trial: The Adventures of Ryūnosuke Naruhodō is coming out in 3 days, though only in japan. won't be long until it gets released in the west; dual destinies was released around 5 months after it came out in japan. get hyped, brethren
    Wonder how far back in time they're going
    @Bold; Did you know about this? Hopefully someone gets a translation out soon.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar

Great Turnabout Trial: The Adventures of Ryūnosuke Naruhodō is coming out in 3 days, though only in japan. won't be long until it gets released in the west; dual destinies was released around 5 months after it came out in japan. get hyped, brethren
    1 month and 3 days

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    1 month and 3 days
    damn, youre right.
    saw the release date in a magazine and mistook it for the official one, sorry for the fake hype.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Wonder how far back in time they're going
    @Bold; Did you know about this? Hopefully someone gets a translation out soon.
    Had no idea about this. Hopefully it's better than Dual Destinies. The only side character I liked was Fulbright...

and that was until the final chapter.

It might be refreshing to have a prequel to everything though.

The sixth game has been confirmed, and it will have a western release.

Its apparently going to be a bit different than the other Phoenix Wright games. The spin of game mentioned above still hasn't gotten an English version.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

This could be the moment i start.

i read about this earlier today. gonna quote some interesting tidbits for those interested in the new game:

According to the Famitsu magazine scan, Ace Attorney 6 takes place in a mysterious country outside of Japan, a first for the main-numbered series. Phoenix Wright visits this country for a certain reason, and he unluckily gets involved in a case. It also mentions that the people in this country have some sort of belief in the spirits of the dead.

To the right is a character named Bokuto Tsuani, a cheerful priest in training who also works as a tour guide for a living. He loves explaining things about the country as a tour guide, and once he starts talking about it, he has a habit of not being able to stop.

And finally, the scan shows a mysterious character on the bottom part of the page. She’ll show up in front of Phoenix Wright, and it remains unknown whether she’s a friend or foe, but we know that she’s not a prosecutor, witness, nor judge.

The courtrooms in this unnamed country seem to use some sort of “Water Mirror” that is set on the floor, and Ace Attorney 6 will use it as part of its system. The image shows how the upper-screen has images and and keywords on the water, and the lower-screen shows parts of the testimony and a presenting option.
    SUMMARIZED:

-The new game takes place in a "mysterious country" outside of Japan - a first for the franchise
    -Bokuto Tsuani, cheerful priest in training (reminiscent to Pearl/Maya), will serve as a guide to this peculiar country - I think he will take on the role as Nick's sidekick/assistant in this game just like Maya, Trucy and to some extents Apollo and Athena did in previous entries
    -The game will introduce a new gimmick to the franchise, called the "Water Mirror". It will show images and keywords in response to different testimony parts. I think the Water Mirror will most likely serve as a tool for the dead to communicate with Phoenix and vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    go ahead. the series is very beginner friendly, and while there are some references to earlier games, they're kept to a minimum so you will be able to enjoy the story and the cases to their fullest without any background info.

but even if you start with this game, you should really play through at least the GBA entries.

EDIT:

Phoenix Wright visits this country for a certain reason [...] It also mentions that the people in this country have some sort of belief in the spirits of the dead.
    this makes me think that phoenix wants to talk to mia. there are many other dead characters, but i can see mia fitting this scenario the most because she is nick's mentor after all. it also says "for a certain reason", so i'm guessing that it is only one person he wants to talk to - assuming that phoenix came to this land to talk someone important to him that is already long gone, of course.

another possibility is godot - it was implied that he does not have much time left on this world anymore back in trials tribulations and that was almost 10 years ago from the end of dual destinies.

but honestly, i can't see that being the case. i am 99,9% certain that phoenix went there because of mia - he is sort of through with godot. their last cup of coffee was important for them to get on good terms with each other and greet each other farewell too. phoenix talking to godot in the afterlife would feel weird and would entirely undermine the symbolical weight of their last cup of coffee - a problem that doesn't exist if we assume that nick goes to see mia.
    Last edited by Sin; 09-02-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    As Cormag said. Playing the first three games is definitely worth it. If you have money to spare and a 3DS you can buy the whole trilogy (combined) in the 3ds web store.

The game is updated to fit the 3DS system, and having it on a handheld feels a lot better than playing on a computer.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not really sure if I will like the new innovative system, but I will definitely buy it. These games deserves the benefit of a doubt.

This is great news. Not sure about the whole spiritual thing being a big part of the game though, wasn't a big fan of it in the original trilogy.

Do we have a confirmed release date yet?

but honestly, i can't see that being the case. i am 99,9% certain that phoenix went there because of mia - he is sort of through with godot. their last cup of coffee was important for them to get on good terms with each other and greet each other farewell too. phoenix talking to godot in the afterlife would feel weird and would entirely undermine the symbolical weight of their last cup of coffee - a problem that doesn't exist if we assume that nick goes to see mia.
    Why would Nick randomly try to talk to Mia well over a decade after she died?

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This is great news. Not sure about the whole spiritual thing being a big part of the game though, wasn't a big fan of it in the original trilogy.

Do we have a confirmed release date yet?

Why would Nick randomly try to talk to Mia well over a decade after she died?

nick is a moody motherfucker.

release date = TBA.

They are not bringing Mia back. Her part is over.

Still, there might be something Maja related. She hasn't been shown the last couple of games, so its about time we see what happened to her.

nick is a moody motherfucker.

release date = TBA.
    Mia might show up but she won't be Nick's reason for ghost-hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    They are not bringing Mia back. Her part is over.

Still, there might be something Maja related. She hasn't been shown the last couple of games, so its about time we see what happened to her.
    Maya

This song was nice.