Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ace Attorney Official Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Fan Translation for Investigation 2 is complete.

You need to download the original Investigations 2 ROM (the Japanese version).

Then, you need to use a patch on it to translate it. So you'll need to download this:

Xdelta UI

And this:

Xdelta UI Patch file

Click download file > Manual Download

When both are ready, run Xdelta UI, select the downloaded patch file for the "Patch" file, select your ROM for "Source File", then click the "..." button and give the patched version a name i.e. Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2. Click "Patch" when you finish and play it on the emulator.

So those interested in the Ace Attorney series will know that AAI2 wasn't sold in Western countries and so never received an official translation. However, someone was kind enough to translate the game in it's entirety on YouTube, allowing fans outside of Japan to finally enjoy the story and see the AA spinoff to it's completion. Personally, I only got to see the first 2 cases translated through various sources, but Dowolf has ensured that you can see all 5 cases from start to finish.

Here's a link to the first video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzQuGq21Dlc
    Last edited by Bold; 06-25-2014 at 11:52 AM.

What ones did you get translated?

Cases one and two. I watched the first case like a year or two ago, I finished the second one a couple of days ago. Luckily, I came across this guy's complete translation after listening to one of the game's OSTs yesterday. I'm glad I can finally see all of it now. It's actually been really interesting. Far better than the first game.

Interesting, I think i have a link to the third if you want me to pm you it? Youd need to downloas a NDS emulator tho

That'd be awesome, man.

And here I thought I was the only AA fan on TMF.

This is gonna be dope if it really is better than the first game.

Us fans have to stick together.

Let's make this the official AA thread.

Have you played all the cases, Boldy? Which is your favourite?

What, from all the games? My top four have always been:

Turnabout Goodbyes, (1-4)
    Rise From the Ashes (1-5)
    Farewell, my Turnabout (2-4)
    Bridge to the Turnabout (3-5)

They were all just so damn crazy. I swear, the AA series has some of the best Villains of all time. Turnabout Goodbyes, Von Karma was such a bitch to beat. There was one point where I was stuck for ages. I think the impact of it wears off faster than the other cases, but for that first playthrough... the way Von Karma really does seem unbeatable, and shuts you down constantly, that satantic voice he has when he yells "Objection!", the way Phoenix seemed to just get barely get through the case and the insane ending to that case was awesome. There were so many holy shit moments that I knew I'd love the series.

Rise From the Ashes was ridiculously long. But it's all worth it because of Gant.

Total bastard. That line "There are only three people I look out for: me, myself and I." said so much about him and destroyed all of his "nice guy" image. He was an awesome character.

Farewell, My Turnabout and Bridge to The Turnabout were my absolute favs though. Have you played through them as well yet?
    Last edited by Bold; 10-19-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Yep, played them all. My personal favourite is 1-5, mainly because of Gant.

I knew it was him when he came when we investigated his office and fired Gumshoe on the spot. Real dick move, I kenw he was hiding something. Yet he still manages to be extreemly likable somehow, even after he's been caught. Also, that animtion where he gets hit by lightning is sick.

I also really liked the flashback case from the first Edgeworth game. Seeing a young Edgeworth solving a case with a young Franziska was really awesome. I didn't see the real murderer coming either.

Yeah, it was clear he was hiding something that point. The lightning animation was cool. It reflected on how he was designed after Zeus. I loved that breakdown of his too.

Yeah, it was a nice touch to see them as youths. It was a pretty good case. I liked how Franziska was almost practically the same. The murderer made a good villain too. Very surprising.

That leads onto me being disappointed with the final case. After seeing how everything was interwoven, you feel really hyped up by it. But compared to Alba, taking down Yew was much more satisfying. All the past villains managed to come up with a logical explanation for their defence, and scom they ometimes it'd make you wonder "Did they really do it?" or that they somehow committed the perfect crime. Alba just kept bringing up his territorial rights which was just annoying. I didn't like how involved Oldbag and Larry were as well. I enjoy them, but they're more gag characters, Larry's already saved the day back in the first game so I felt they shouldn't have been that much help in beating Alba.

I love how they keep making the first cases more interesting now as well. Even though they're still like a "tutorial" to the game, it's not a clear cut case that's like "You're the witness, that means you're the murderer!" anymore.

Who are your favorite villains? Mine are:

Manfred von karma, Gant, Engarde, Luke Atmey, Dahlia and Yew.

And Dofla, you're in for a treat with that fan translation. I've just finished them and holy shit, all the cases are insanely good. As a whole, they're better than any other game in the series for me. I don't have a new favourite case out of them, but they are definitely some of the best cases yet. So much foreshadowing in all the cases. I'm tempted to buy a 3DS for Dual Destinies now. The writing just keeps getting better.
    Last edited by Bold; 10-21-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk
    Wow, you were completely right. Just finished the AA translation and it is sooooooo good. Arguably better than the first game IMO. One thing I love is that all the cases are connected to each other, whereas most of the time there's at least one case that seems like filler. My favourite new characters would have to be Stalwart, Furst and Endgame Traill. What was your favourite case?
    I told you it's good shit.

The connections between all the cases is what made me love it. You didn't just forget about characters like Horace cos they just remained relevant constantly. There was foreshadowing everywhere. Even in the first case...

De Killler referred to his client as a real Monkey Man. Dat foreshadowin.

No one would ever have guessed who the final villain was. Usually, they make it kinda obvious, but I liked how surprising this one was.

I really liked Furst, you know. And I liked Fang a lot from another translation, but he spoke very differently in this one which made me not sure about him now. There weren't too many standout characters for me, but they were all a really strong cast. Maybe I liked Kazami the most next. The start of his theme is awesome. My favourite case? That's hard. But I think it's between the 3rd and 4th one. All the cases were quality though. What about you?

Indeed, I usually have some idea as to who the big bad is at the end of the game, but this came completely out of nowhere.

And yeah, I saw a comment about that foreshhadowing and my mind was blown. Also, Simeon Traill? More like Simeon TROLL! That animation where he leans on the stack of animals might even surpass Gant's lighting animation. His 180 in personality reminded me of Engarde.

Everything Furst says is so idiotic that it's hilarious. He reminds me of BD a little. But I'm so happy he got character development in the last case, that's what really made him one of my favs. And who's Kazami, do you mean Stalwart or something?

My favourite case might actually be Case 2 right now, if only because Case 2 usually sucks and this one was a pleasant surprise for me, and all the best characters were introduced. I'll have to watch it again soon.

Except there was a weird plot hole in Case 2. Remember when Furst said he and the police searched the entire prison for the murder weapon. How did they not find Cage's secret escape tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Indeed, I usually have some idea as to who the big bad is at the end of the game, but this came completely out of nowhere.

And yeah, I saw a comment about that foreshhadowing and my mind was blown. Also, Simeon Traill? More like Simeon TROLL! That animation where he leans on the stack of animals might even surpass Gant's lighting animation. His 180 in personality reminded me of Engarde.

Everything Furst says is so idiotic that it's hilarious. He reminds me of BD a little. But I'm so happy he got character development in the last case, that's what really made him one of my favs. And who's Kazami, do you mean Stalwart or something?

My favourite case might actually be Case 2 right now, if only because Case 2 usually sucks and this one was a pleasant surprise for me, and all the best characters were introduced. I'll have to watch it again soon.

Except there was a weird plot hole in Case 2. Remember when Furst said he and the police searched the entire prison for the murder weapon. How did they not find Cage's secret escape tunnel?
    Haha, yeah, it definitely reminds me of Engarde. I don't think anything could top Engarde's reveal though. I almost took it as a given that every defendant is innocent. That Case was a mindfuck. I still don't think I've seen a cooler animation than Gant's lightning one though.

lol you meant the younger Furst? I like him, but I prefer his Dad. I think that might be because I didn't expect another corrupt police to be in high authority initially. But they didn't do enough to make you really hate him though. People hate Engarde, von Karma and Dahlia etc, but I just thought Furst's Dad was a douchebag.

lool I can see how Furst reminds you of BD in a way.

And I meant Takovski. I called him by his Japanese name by mistake there. The start of his theme is peaceful, but kinda chilling at the same time.

Yeah, Case 2 was great. Lots of interesting stuff went on there. It might have been better than Case 4 tbh, cos I didn't enjoy Kay's Amnesia thing. I don't really enjoy Kay's either to be honest.

I never noticed that plothole. I'm thinking of watching it again too. All the cases were real good this time. Case 5's end was a bit of a letdown compared to how crazy the first 3 games climaxes were, but it was still really good.

Of course I meant young Furst, man. He was so awesome. I'm glad he became more than comic relief in the end. Also, I don't know what you mean about Oswald, he was seriously an asshole, especially when you consider everything he's done.

i.e. penalising Von Karma, which led to Miles's dad's death. Also treating his own son like dirt. Real dick moves on his part.

And man, I never suspected Takovski either. He's literally the first guy you meet in that case. I was so certain it would be Aria would be the culprit, but myah.

I admit, Kay got a little annoying this game. She was always butting in with random stuff that wasn't really funny or interesting, but I still liked her character. I also really liked the amnesia storyline somehow, I usually hate stuff like that.

Yeah, Case 5's ending was myah. I was kinda hoping De Killer and Fang would have an epic fight, but it was not to be. De Killer would obviously win anyway.

Yeah, Furst and Von Jure needed that character development. Surprised how well they turned it around by the end.

Oswald did treat Furst horribly. But let's be honest, von Karma deserved worse than a penalty. It was just that von Karma's so crazy about perfection that he had an overboard reaction to the penalty. But when you think about the other big villains (Engarde, von Karma, Dahlia, Morgan, Gavin, Gant) they were all monsters who really destroyed people's lives. Oswald's a bastard, but he isn't in the same league as those guys. I did like his personality though. Interesting villain.

I think all the killers were pretty surprising in AAI 2. Apart from maybe case 1.

De Killer's an awesome character. He's the only guy who can still be intimidating while holding ice cream and wearing pink.

What do you think Gumshoe's up to lately? If there's another game, I bet he'll return as the Head of Criminal Affairs.

Ya, I guess I was just mad at Oswald since he caused the whole chain reaction that led to Greory's death. I guess he doesn't really compare to other main villains (especially Dahlia, God what a bitch she was). Which reminded me of another plot hole: Von Karma forges evidence = he gets a penalty. Phoenix forges evidence = he loses his badge.

I actually wasn't sure who the killer was in Case 1. Thought it might've been the camera girl.

De Killer's one of my favourite characters by far. He casually admits that he's a killer which is badass, but he doesn't kill needlessly which I like. Kinda like an honourable assassin. Who's your favourite character overall?

Gumshoe, Head of Criminal Affairs?

lol Oswald was corrupt, so I figure that's why he let von Karma off easy.

I think they've been on a roll with how interesting they've made the first cases lately. I think it was a step back on the Dual Destinies one though. Kinda disappointing compared to how good the first case of AAI2 was.

I have loads: Wright, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, The Judge, Engarde, Gant, Dahlia, both von Karmas, Luke Atmey, Godot, Lang, Ron DeLite, Fulbright and de Killer. They were all awesome in their own ways. I also liked Oldbag but she was so annoying in the 5th Case of AAI 1. Same with Larry. Yew is definitely up there as as well. I've always liked Maya but I can't give a specific reason why I like her. So I don't think I can count her as a fave.

When it comes to prosecutors, do you prefer it when they're ruthless like the von Karmas, and at times, Edgeworth... or when they're on your side like Blackquill or Gavin? I've always preferred it when they seemed to constantly get in your way or kind of an obstacle.

I think Pearl and Trucy were my favourite "sidekicks" out of all of them.

How else do you think they hired Fulbright?

The police department's always full of idiots anyway. Remember Meekins?
    Last edited by Bold; 11-04-2013 at 11:12 PM.

The first case of DD had a fair amount of twists (for a first case anyway) so I'm not too disappointed. They'll make it better in future games.

I know man, there's so many fantastic characters I can't even count them all. I think Lang my very favourite, closely followed by Gant. I like how they fleshed out Lang's backstory even more in AAI 2.

I'm not sure, they both have their merits. With Von Karma, he was the big bad villain every step of the way, always objecting and always trying to end the trial early. It was cool to be against the bad guy constantly for the entire case. But I like it when the prosecutor realises they were wrong all along and team up with you against the real villain. Like what Edgeworth did in Case 1-3.

Trucy's probably my favourite sidekick too. She's the only thing I liked about AJ:AA to be honest.

Gant wasn't an idiot. Then again, he was evil. So the police is full of idiots and murderers. Wonderful.

DAT THEME!