Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    [Jowy Atreides]

Is Tom playing? Him and Gad must have burnt out. 650 posts, holy fucking shit. I've played games with less posts

[White]

Screw it.

I believe Tom said that he has a game on another site starting soon. I can understand if people are burnt out from the last game, I can start this game whenever as long as it's after this week (I'm pretty busy). I'd also need at least 15 players so I won't start until we get at least that many.

[Tom]

Okay. But like I said in the retro thread, I intend to be more of a lurker. I'll have less time anyway. Busy weekend coming up even without mafia.

What counts as role revealing?

What if I say I have a powerful ability that can help find some mafia.

Uhh, other players can give their input on what they want allowed/not allowed. The things that would definitely be banned would be copy pasting of the role PM, outright role revealing, obvious role hinting (where there are very few/only one possible role that fits your hint).

Cop:

Riki's mafia guys, trust me on this. (Good)
    Riki's mafia. I investigated him last night. (Bad)

Sniff:
    Riki, Bold, Tom or Melkor. Take your pick, guys. They're my main suspects - one of them needs to get lynched today. (Good)

Jailer:
    Riki can't be Mafia. It would have been impossible for him to do anything last night. (Good)

etc.

Debating whether or not I want to play.

I will say that if role revealing and hinting are bot not allowed, the write-ups should contain clues.
    No.​

Might consider doing that, although I'd probably put in a few fake hints as well.

Either real hints or no hints. Troll hints will just cause me to lynch all townies

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

You don't need hints to do that.

I don't think the hints would be big enough to lynch any particular player, it would probably just be hints at which characters/roles are in the game and maybe what alignment the characters/roles would be.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't do any hinting at any player/role's use of their night action

I dont mind hinting as long as it isnt crystal clear on who the mafia is, it can fuck up a lot of planning on either side

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cop:

Riki's mafia guys, trust me on this. (Good)
    Riki's mafia. I investigated him last night. (Bad)

Sniff:
    Riki, Bold, Tom or Melkor. Take your pick, guys. They're my main suspects - one of them needs to get lynched today. (Good)

Jailer:
    Riki can't be Mafia. It would have been impossible for him to do anything last night. (Good)

etc.
    Those still count as hints. They're just a bit more subtle than usual.

When someone says - "Riki is mafia. Trust me on this.", it's pretty fucking obvious that they are the cop, and this hint is equivalent of role revealing.

If we're going with no hinting and role revealing in this game, then that means no hinting and role revealing whatsoever. Don't mention your role or powers at all. How hard can it be?

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those still count as hints. They're just a bit more subtle than usual.

When someone says - "Riki is mafia. Trust me on this.", it's pretty fucking obvious that they are the cop, and this hint is equivalent of role revealing.

If we're going with no hinting and role revealing in this game, then that means no hinting and role revealing whatsoever. Don't mention your role or powers at all. How hard can it be?
    Not hard at all. but people don't read the rule and do it anyways.

How strict should the rule be? Modkill on first offense?

Just don't talk about roles at all. Act as if they don't exist. That's what makes the most sense to me.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Do it. Let people know. Me not doing it the first time led to chaos.

I feel like modkilling the moment a person hints would be a bit too severe, depending on the kind of hint they gave. If it's a massive hint/role reveal I'd definitely modkill them immediately, but if it's a much more subtle hint I'd probably just PM them a warning.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Thing about subtle hints is... there aren't any. If it leads people to connect them with a role, it's revealing. I tried the whole subtle approach and it never works.