Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Fuck, man. Signup for Game 17 (Introducing: Roles!)

Scenario:

In the village of Millennia, life was good. Crops had flourished for years, and the town’s doctor was highly skilled. The town had never known such prosperity. Yet not everyone was happy. The funeral home was hurting for business, and an increasingly desperate Mortician decided to stir up some industry. If just two or three people died, he thought, his business could survive. Intimately familiar with death, he realized how fragile a human life was, and how easily it could end. He plotted and he planned, and finally selected a few targets to surreptitiously kill off. Surely nobody would miss them – and he could steal from them to make some side change.

MrChubz was his first victim: death by mysterious causes. Six days later, Nova was found dead in his home: poisoned. Both of their bodies passed through his Funeral Home before buried in the Graveyard, where the Mortician tampered with their bodies and stole their valuables. Chubz's death came and went with nary a stir, but two deaths in one week shocked the village. Concern spread throughout the town, and murmurs of a murderer began to spread. A retired Cop offered his services sniffing out suspicious persons, the Jailer was itching for excuses to interrogate suspects, and a Forensic Investigator hoped to garner clues about the victim’s untimely deaths.

The Mortician was disappointed with the pocket change he pilfered through their deaths, and realized he would need to step up his operation now that more eyes were focused on the bodies. He couldn't steal from his victims in his Funeral Home anymore, and he couldn't be caught associating with his victims, so he sought out the scummiest men in town to become his aides, doing his dirty work for him: stealing from and Disguising corpses to cover up his murders.

Around the same time, an independent prospector had set his sights on Millennia. The Graveyard, a sacred site for the village, was rumored to rest atop a long forgotten gold vein. The prospector decided to offer his services to the town. “My Mercenary will protect you from this murderer for a modest fee.” Grateful for protection, nobody picked up on the prospector’s ulterior motives. He hired a Trapper to booby trap the Graveyard and dissuade people from visiting so his crews could mine at night, seeking ore.

The Mortician realized additional eyes in the Graveyard would make life more difficult for him, and decided to make these transgressors his new targets. Meanwhile, certain townsfolk opted to take matters into their own hands. Well-intentioned but never very stable, one Bomber decided he would personally root out the evil looming over the village.

Thus begins our story, with Millennia in a state of uncertainty. Would the town be able to root out these predators? Would the independent prospectors make a killing exploiting the town, or would the Mortician snuff out their agenda while furthering his own?

Roles:

Townsfolk [13, plus 2 corpses in the Graveyard]
    • Bomber -- On two nights of his choosing, can visit a player and set a bomb in his house. Once per game, can detonate these bombs, killing both targets and destroying their corpses. When the Bomber dies, his body explodes. If he dies before detonation, any set bombs do not go off.
    • Gravekeeper -- Visits one corpse in the Graveyard every night. The corpse will be protected so it cannot be interacted with.
    • Forensic Investigator -- Visits one corpse in the Graveyard every night. Learns the role currently attached to that corpse. Not blocked by Gravekeeper.
    • Paralyzer -- Once per game, can choose to paralyze the town. Already placed votes will be locked, and players who have yet to vote may not change their vote once placed.
    • Amnesiac -- Visits one person every night. If that person dies that night, the Amnesiac will steal his role and leave an empty corpse.
    • Jailer -- Once per night, can throw a target in Jail. Jailed players are roleblocked and immune to all other night actions. Jailer can send one anonymous message to their Jailed target.
    • Cop -- On two nights of his choosing, can visit a person and learns whether they are Innocent or Guilty.
    • Neighbor -- Twice per game, at any time, can select a player to become their Neighbor. Neighbors can communicate in their own chat.
    • Oracle -- Visits one person every night. If the Oracle is killed, the player he visited will have his alignment revealed the next Day.
    • Doctor -- Visits one person every night. That person will be protected from dying that night.
    • Reviver -- Once per game, can visit one corpse at night. Will resurrect that dead player as their original faction with the role currently attached to their body. Can only be used on players that were alive in Day 1.
    • Watcher -- Observes one person every night. Will know who visited that person that night. Night action does not count as a visit.
    • Voyeur -- Visits one person every night. Will know what actions were performed on them that night.
    • Tracker -- Visits one person every night. Will know who that person visited that night.
    • Popular -- Requires one extra vote to lynch.
    • Vote Thief -- Visits one person every night. Will steal their vote the next day phase.

Funeral Parlor [4, with chat]
    • Mortician – When the Mortician makes a successful night kill, the mafia will learn the role of that player.
    • Disguiser (3 Goons) -- Thrice per game, can visit a corpse in the Graveyard at night and swap their role with the current role attached to the corpse.

Prospector [1]
    • Trapper -- Once per night, can visit a corpse to set a trap that alerts the Trapper to who interacts with that corpse. Traps last until triggered.
    • Mercenary -- Visits one person every night. Protects that person from dying. If anyone else visits that target, they will be killed by the Mercenary (except the Doctor and Watcher). Cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

I still remember my first mafia game on TMF. It didn't matter that I didn't understand how the mafia night kill worked (or that they even had a chat). It didn't matter that Cry trolled the fuck out of everyone just for shits and giggles. We had fun, dammit. Fun the good 'ol American way. Abusing our power to humiliate and maim our friends.

What happened to the community we used to have? What happened to honorable slaughter, to death in the name of glory? Now death is just a cheap joke, easily written off as casually as you would take a dump. You may not remember every shit you've taken, but I'll be damned if you don't remember every good man you've killed in the name of mafia.

What happened to us? We forgot how to have fun. We lost our pride. We lost our heart. We lost our... roles. Game 17 will change all that. Three factions. New roles. No mercy. Sign up now or forever hold your peace.

1. Riki
    2. Alpha
    3. Ultra
    4. Doma
    5. Heisenberg
    6. Pussy
    7. Dofla
    8. Gad
    9. ice
    10. Melkor
    11. Great Potato
    12. Westheimer
    13. X
    14. GumGum
    15. Enigma
    16. Pimp of Pimps
    17. White
    18. MC
    Last edited by Tom; 10-01-2013 at 11:32 PM.

What are these "roles" you speak of?

​[Riki]

[Ultra]

Will this be the graveyard/undead game?

[Doma]

Thank God. I was so excited to start playing mafia again and then it had to be Gad's vanilla shit.

Tom, you need to sell me still. My like of mafia games are declining, and watching Gad's game really left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

[Heisenberg]

[Pussy]

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom, you need to sell me still. My like of mafia games are declining, and watching Gad's game really left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
    This game actually has roles.

That pretty much sold it for me

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Zombuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

[DoflaMihawk]

Hope you've fixed the flaws of that graveyard speed game you had, Tommy.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Aw, fuck you nigga
    Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    What are these "roles" you speak of?

​[Riki]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    [Alpha]

[Gad]

Also, it looks like I did you a favour. People know they'll like this game more than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    [DoflaMihawk]

Hope you've fixed the flaws of that graveyard speed game you had, Tommy.
    Please remind me, as I may have missed something.
    Last edited by Tom; 09-30-2013 at 07:18 PM.

When the Paralyzer uses it's power, will the town be notified, or will they keep placing votes that won't matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    When the Paralyzer uses it's power, will the town be notified, or will they keep placing votes that won't matter?
    Oh, I'll announce it for sure.

Is this a Toriko themed game or something?

Pretty sure it's not

It's a Hunter x Hunter themed game.

[ice]

Lets all get lynch happy :P

Not themed after a series this time. The Toriko game will be something else.

I updated the OP.