Page 2 of 201 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Boo in C+: V, Lanicard, LordMelkor
    Boo in C: MM, Zeed, Coruscation, DoflaMihawk, Pacifista, Great Potato

Funk Brothers in C+: MM, Zeed, V, Coruscation, DoflaMihawk, Pacifista
    Funk Brothers in B-: Lanicard, LordMelkor, Great Potato

Prime Chinjao A-: Coruscation, LordMelkor, Donquixote Doflamingo, DoflaMihawk, GP
    Prime Chinjao B+: X, Halaros

Prime Chinjao A-: Coruscation, LordMelkor, Donquixote Doflamingo, DoflaMihawk, GP, Lanicard

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I definitely wouldn't put Prime Chinjao in A-. He lost to a Garp who most likely wasn't even in his prime yet, quite easily.
    Garp needed to train to overcome him, that was not an easy win.

Prime Chinjao A-: Coruscation, LordMelkor, Donquixote Doflamingo, DoflaMihawk, GP, Lanicard, MM

Added my vote to Prime Chinjao in A-.

Basically that he is a pirate that a Garp near his prime nearly killed with a single fist. Also I do not think he is as big deal like someone like Shiki so it fits the most there.

I would put Decalvan Brothers in B. They seemed the strongest allies after Oars JR, Jinbei and Squardo. Remember, Whitebeard asked to them to take the command over the pirates. Mcguy could be on B too, since he was on the same line as Squardo, Doma and the Decalvan Brothers.

So, let me get this straight.

Garp back then could treat Jozu or Vista the way he treated Chinjao?

I don't think so but people on the same tier don't need to be very close in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanicard View Post
    I would put Decalvan Brothers in B. They seemed the strongest allies after Oars JR, Jinbei and Squardo. Remember, Whitebeard asked to them to take the command over the pirates. Mcguy could be on B too, since he was on the same line as Squardo, Doma and the Decalvan Brothers.
    Shouldn`t they be in B+ then? Why should WB's strongest allies be much weaker than his strongest commanders?

Chinjao purposely rammed his head into Garp's fist(who been training to break his head) hence why it was over with a single blow. Vista and Jozu have a different fighting style so they wouldn't go the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Melkor View Post
    Shouldn`t they be in B+ then? Why should WB's strongest allies be much weaker than his strongest commanders?
    Because his strongest Commanders were top-tiers whereas Squad, one of his strongest allies, admitted to being fodder to a freshly stabbed Whitebeard. They aren't even remotely comparable.

Not that being in B+ makes you close to the likes of Jozu or Marco anyway.

"Don't count the days, make the days count"

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Yep.

I could see prime Chinjao vs Jozu being an epic struggle of offence vs defense.

Anyone thinks that Squardo could be in A-? He surprised WB with lethal attack and pushed back Marco from him. I do not see him as below Doflamingo's level.

Prime Chinjao A-: Coruscation, LordMelkor, Donquixote Doflamingo, DoflaMihawk, GP, Lanicard, MM
    Prime Chinjao B+: X, Halaros, PoPs

Added my vote to Prime Chinjao in A-.

Quote Originally Posted by MM View Post
    Chinjao purposely rammed his head into Garp's fist(who been training to break his head) hence why it was over with a single blow. Vista and Jozu have a different fighting style so they wouldn't go the same way.
    By your logic Garp can basically flatten Jozu's elbow with a single punch if they ever fought and their attacks met.

It makes the most sense that it had been a while since the two met and Garp had improved a lot more than Chinjao did.

Banned
    Garp needed to train to overcome him, that was not an easy win.
    But that point means that Garp wasn't even in his prime if he had to train just to defeat Chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post

This point is really good. I just don't see even Prime Garp one-hitting Jozu, Vista, are Lucky Rou, and those are the three people we want to put Prime Chinjao with.

I think these two I mentioned should be on B for now, because Jinbei is in B and he should be stronger than them. They didn't have the same portrayal of Squardo or Oars Jr. Doma is in B too.

I could see prime Chinjao vs Jozu being an epic struggle of offence vs defense.

Anyone thinks that Squardo could be in A-? He surprised WB with lethal attack and pushed back Marco from him. I do not see him as below Doflamingo's level.
    If chinjao's bounty was 500m considered a legendary pirate, then ace's bounty was 550m and he could'nt even put ut a fight against an admiral while jozu was able to block attack's from top tiers as mihawk, and fought kuzan and got beaten cuz he was distracted...

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    By your logic Garp can basically flatten Jozu's elbow with a single punch if they ever fought and their attacks met.

It makes the most sense that it had been a while since the two met and Garp had improved a lot more than Chinjao did.
    I think Jozu is noticeable stronger than Prime Chinjao(for one thing his body can turn into diamond) but if he and Garp did clash with Garp going all out, I could see Garp's fist breaking bones. It just wouldn't knock Jozu out unless Jozu went for a diamond headbutt.

I do not disagree with your secound statement. However given the timeframe, I do not think Garp was that far from his prime given that Roger and Whitebeard's golden age was not that far off(I think Corus linked the Z volume that showed this).
    Last edited by MM; 09-12-2013 at 10:11 PM.

I think Jozu is a lot stronger than Prime Chinjao(for one thing his body can turn into diamond) but if he and Garp did clash with Garp going all out, I could see Garp's fist breaking bones. It just wouldn't knock Jouu out unless Jozu went for a diamond headbutt.

I do not disagree with your secound statement. However given the timeframe, I do not think Garp was that far from his prime.
    Then wouldn't it make more sense for Chinjao to be a high level B+ character?

This. But if Jozu put all his strength into one attack like Chinjao did, it would end the same way.

From where I stand, if Vista tries to headbutt prime Garp who in turn is punching as hard as he can to push Vista's skull in I can definitely see Vista getting knocked out. I don't know if it would or wouldn't happen but I wouldn't bat an eyelid at it and I don't think we should dismiss the idea.

I know there are a lot of thoughts going around about it not being prime Garp and whatnot but I think Oda would have made it explicit if that was the case. Most people are going to look at the scene and simply think "Holy crap, this is Garp's legendary punch".

There are merits to both positions. Garp having to do that much to overcome a B+ character's attack is awkward in my eyes. On the other hand Don Chinjao may be a good representation of a high B+ character which we have very few of. As powerful as his headbutt is he seems like somewhat of a one-trick pony and got knocked out surprisingly easily, but also keep in mind it may be our lack of true perspective on top tiers misleading us. I don't think it would be anything strange if Oda means for Garp's punch to simply be that powerful. And A- is almost as devoid of characters.