Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed Game 3

Speed Game 3

Posting this to see how many people are interested in a one-night speed game.

Could be today or tomorrow depending on interest.

What is the earliest the game could start? What is the latest the game could last before you have to go to sleep? Will need to commit to about 5 hours.

I am thinking about 5-10PM EST, roughly, but am flexible.

Day phases will be 60 minutes max; Night phases 30 minutes max.

Signed up:
    1. DoflaMikawk
    2. Ultrapoops
    3. Big Gaddy
    4. Rickety Cricket
    5. Flaming Bird
    6. CM

Quote Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, here's the structure of this game:

The mafia is a mad inventor. Every night, he makes two widgets and is forced to anonymously hand them to two players of his choosing. A recipient can either use the widget to kill someone that same night (gun), or use it to protect someone that night (vest), including himself. The mafia has two widgets himself: he is one-time bulletproof and gets one gun. This means he can night kill only once.

If multiple widgets of the same type (2-3 guns or 2 vests) are used on the same target, it will have an interactive effect. Multiple guns on the same target will kill the last person to shoot the target in addition to killing the target. Two vests on a target will make the target Lynchproof the following Day. Obviously, a gun and a vest on the same target would cancel out, but 2 guns and a vest would kill the second shooter and not the target. Note that the mafia is always the first shooter.

Players may discuss the results of the nights events (e.g. who died) but players who received widgets may not reveal that fact, nor their actions. Basically, you cannot confirm if you received a widget and you cannot reveal how you used it.

Players may discuss which widget actions would be best for the following Night. It's up to players to play along or not, knowing the mafia could ruin their plans.
    Last edited by Tom; 09-11-2013 at 10:38 PM.

[DoflaMihawk]

I'll make sure not to blink and miss it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    [DoflaMihawk]

I'll make sure not to blink and miss it this time.
    Any preference on which day it should be?

Today's fine for me. 3 hours from the time of your post.

Last edited by Tom; 09-10-2013 at 09:42 PM.

[Ultra]

Not missing this one this time

Need 5 or 6 players. I could do it tonight if more people come on later and can commit a 5 hour block.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

[GADDY]

4 pm EST is a bit too early for me, although all I'd miss would be half/all of the first day phase, which isn't that much.

[Riki]

The mafia is a mad inventor. Every night, he makes two widgets and is forced to anonymously hand them to two players of his choosing. A recipient can either use the widget to kill someone that same night (gun), or use it to protect someone that night (vest), including himself. The mafia has two widgets himself: he is one-time bulletproof and gets one gun. This means he can night kill only once.

If multiple widgets of the same type (2-3 guns or 2 vests) are used on the same target, it will have an interactive effect. Multiple guns on the same target will kill the last person to shoot the target in addition to killing the target. Two vests on a target will make the target Lynchproof the following Day. Obviously, a gun and a vest on the same target would cancel out, but 2 guns and a vest would kill the second shooter and not the target. Note that the mafia is always the first shooter.

Players may discuss the results of the nights events (e.g. who died) but players who received widgets may not reveal that fact, nor their actions. Basically, you cannot confirm if you received a widget and you cannot reveal how you used it.

Players may discuss which widget actions would be best for the following Night. It's up to players to play along or not, knowing the mafia could ruin their plans.

I'll sign-up if we play on Thursday. I can't offer any time tonight because I am going to a concert, and tomorrow doesn't work since I will be traveling home.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Okay. Well we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom View Post

So, if the mafia hasn't been shot yet, all he needs is one person to give him a vest to make him lynchproof?

No, that bonus won't apply unless he's given two vests by townies.

I may not be able to host this on Thursday, so let's shoot for tonight.

Need 2 more players, starting at 5 or 6 PM EST. (5 or 6 hours from time of this post).
    Last edited by Tom; 09-11-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Anyone else up for it tonight?

If we can't get more people in time then I can make this a free for all game and change the rules a little.

Valyrian Steel
    Four posts in row.... Talk about a fail

Free for all mafia? wut

Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    Free for all mafia? wut
    Yeah, it wouldn't really be a traditional mafia game anymore, but it would still be entertaining.