Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion box

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Suggestion box

Alright. So staff was discussing how to change the main page around so things look better. If you've got any problems, post it here Just, try to discuss one problem at a time please? I'll throw in a few suggestiong myself and some that you guys have mentioned. Feel free to add on to it.

• Change the Talent Zone. Merge the sub-sections with another section
    • A new ToG/Shingeki sub section
    • Remove the affiliates tab from the top
    • Fix the few issues with the Ideal skin.
    • Get new icons for the new skins
    • Eliminate the 'New Posts' link
    • Add new staff.
    Last edited by The Gaddess; 09-01-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Banned
    The first four issues are good ones to focus on. Based on the order they are listed, I'd rank them in terms of importance: 1, 4, 3, 2. I feel issue 1, 3, and 4 are all issues that can be resolved fairly quickly. Issue 2 is something that needs further discussion as the Forum is miles apart on what series should receive their own subsection. What is the possibility that they both could be rewarded their own subsections?

I'll add one issue of my own. We have a "What's New?" tab and a "New Posts" link right beneath it. We should eliminate one of them, which should be the "New Posts" link since it is small and hard to see. Keeping the "What's New?" tab allows people to quickly find new posts that have been made.

Another issue I'd like to add is adding new Staff. But before I go about addressing that, I was curious as to the opinion of the current Staff on adding new members?

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Our current staff is good. I wouldn't change it. But I do agree with adding a new staff. I'd also like to know why anyone mentioned changing staff to begin with.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gadfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our current staff is good. I wouldn't change it. But I do agree with adding a new staff. I'd also like to know why anyone mentioned changing staff to begin with.
    Changing Staff was just an option I brought up when I made the thread regarding how to improve the Staff. I wanted to know what people's opinions were on the Staff.

I like two members to be staff, I think most people can already tell who they are. I don't mind new staff at all.

Notifications when quoted.
    Bring CB back to the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Notifications when quoted.
    Bring CB back to the main page.
    I second this

Don't remove whats new thing please

I agree with adding new staff. It's something I was working on before I left. I'll start working on it again asap. I already have a few members in mind.

I see no good reason to remove What's New or the Affiliates tab. Both serve actual purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by MC View Post
    I like two members to be staff, I think most people can already tell who they are. I don't mind new staff at all.
    Kind of you MC, I'll do my best.

Valyrian Steel
    Tom and X should be new staff

Chatbox on the main page, keep affiliates and what's new there. I also agree about needing new staff.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I see no good reason to remove What's New or the Affiliates tab. Both serve actual purposes.
    Agree with the What's New thing. But Affiliates? We only have one affiliate. Instead of removing it, we can link that tab with something better. BD suggested Forum Leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

And if the wikia thing lifts off, we can have that on the tab.

Banned
    I think some of you misread what I said. I like the "What's New?" tab; I want to keep it. I was suggesting maybe we remove the "New Posts" link below it since they both do the same thing.

Agree with the What's New thing. But Affiliates? We only have one affiliate. Instead of removing it, we can link that tab with something better. BD suggested Forum Leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

And if the wikia thing lifts off, we can have that on the tab.
    Yeah, but we'll have a lot more affiliates soon and we'll need a place to put them.

I think to make more use of the tab we could try having two more site listings. Gad tried the OP wiki but they didn't respond apparently

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    Yeah, but we'll have a lot more affiliates soon and we'll need a place to put them.
    And when that happens, we can. It's not that hard is it? For now, it only has one and let's not have that taking up a spot on the top just for the one. It's a joke, honestly.

A GODDAMN JOKE
    Because of you

families can get their child the cancer treatment need without worrying about how to pay for it. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food. They can provide free housing to families, so kids aren't stuck in a hospital room while receiving the best cancer care.

DONATE HERE
    https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...4262&pID=24671
    -------------------------
    I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ST. JUDE CHILDRENS RESEARCH HOSPITAL

And when that happens, we can. It's not that hard is it? For now, it only has one and let's not have that taking up a spot on the top just for the one. It's a joke, honestly.
    There's no point is taking it off just to put it back on a little later.

Secondly, the entire point of the affiliate program is that we display one another's main links somewhere on the main page. If we take away the affiliate tab we are breaking the deal. So it either has to stay or we find another way to show the links.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Yes. Good to hear and all, but the Toriko wikia does not have us on the main page either. The main page is dedicated to other sites, mostly wikias. We're in another page. It seems petty to have them on our main page in bold where they don't. nd we have just one affiliate. It's not foolish to remove it and add it later. We don't know when our list will grow and it's funny to show off our one affiliate so much when they aren't giving us the same good treatment.

Find another way to link us to that thread. Use that tab for something better. I'm working on a battledome idea and most people seem to be liking it, adding their own suggestions. THAT would be a more worthy space. Forum Leaders would be a more worthy use of that tab.