Thread: Dresden Files

Dresden Files

Anyone read Jim Butcher's master piece ?

​

@Robin; have you read this series? would you recommend? im thinking of picking it up sometime

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnarf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Robin; have you read this series? would you recommend? im thinking of picking it up sometime
    Do it. I read the first book and it was good.

I picked up some of these books at a garage sale, 1, 5, 6, and 7 in the series.

I read #1 and it was okay, easy brainless reading and kind of entertaining. It was a lot of world/character building and shitty ish climax. The main character is a wizard detective but the mystery aspect of the book is weak. I think magic/mystery is difficult to make enjoyable. I like to try and anticipate what's going to happen in a mystery but knowing anything can happen and does happen makes it a useless exercise.

Aeons of Misery and Bliss Cosmic Force Aegis's Avatar
    How many times down barack obama have to give birth? He's surrounded by endless gloves of low tides and unpopular colonies - soon, he'll be giving rabbits to strangers and ugly customers in the cake and ice cream, sort of grass root levels takeover, until his cells try out teleporters and ranch dressing, maybe slicing down pizza avenue or presidential highway, making mexicans ask second questions about ponies, or just crossing wherever you please, even DNA!
    I, the Legendary Dragon God of time, am the perfect One!

just finished the first book today. the mystery was laughably easy to figure out, but i do agree with ultra that it was nice for some brainless reading. will start on book 2 tomorrow