Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Does having more energy than toriko mean he has more potential?

No, but he is the strongest of the Four Heavenly Kings. At least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do remember there's one translation error that gives Zebura like ten times the energy as Toriko.
    Ok so that was a trans error, I was scratching my head on how it was possible for Zebra to have so much

http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/144/17

Was this guy introduced earlier in the series? I dont remember him but Toriko and Komatso seem to.
    Last edited by V; 02-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

He's the guy that fought Toriko as a GT Robo...

Stajun the vice chef?

He looks a lot different without that mask.

How awesome am I?
    Awesome
    Super Awesome

Yeah... Took me a while to understand as well...

Is there any decisive evidence that puts him above Zebra?
    Last edited by Great Potato; 02-05-2012 at 10:24 PM.

I was talking about Zebura, not Toriko.

Is Terry faster than Toriko? I cant tell who is faster in a fight.

Movement speed Terry by far, but combat speed probably Toriko.

I'm not really sure. Shima doesn't emphasize speed as much so it's hard to say.

Tbh the entire toriko verse seems quite slow compared to others.

I don't really think it's that the verse is slow, I think it's just that Shima never emphasizes speed. Lots of people thoughtthe same about OP until Enies Lobby.

Jirou seemed to move quite fast when defending Toriko in the gourment world.

I guess we will wait. I would hate it if it turned into DBZ fighting where they zip around.

The anime did a pretty good job of showing his speed in the new episode imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    Lots of people thought the same about OP until Enies Lobby.
    ^There were a couple clear feats were characters moved faster than supersonic cannonballs even before Enies Lobby in One Piece though (most notably, Luffy deflecting a Buggy Ball in EB, Yama jumping and kicking a cannonball at Skypedia and Zoro evading gunfire at Whiskey Peak and moving dozens of metres before the bounty hunters had noticed he had moved), so their superhuman speed was quite evidently up there with their superhuman strength right from the start.

That said, though not yet comparable to One Piece, Toriko is not that slow, as we have Melk the Second performing her sharpening motion faster than sound, and also Toriko reacting to and catching bullets on two occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chahige View Post
    ^There were a couple clear feats were characters moved faster than supersonic cannonballs even before Enies Lobby in One Piece though (most notably, Luffy deflecting a Buggy Ball in EB, Yama jumping and kicking a cannonball at Skypedia and Zoro evading gunfire at Whiskey Peak and moving dozens of metres before the bounty hunters had noticed he had moved), so their superhuman speed was quite evidently up there with their superhuman strength right from the start.

That said, though not yet comparable to One Piece, Toriko is not that slow, as we have Melk the Second performing her sharpening motion faster than sound, and also Toriko reacting to and catching bullets on two occasions.
    Agreed. What I'm saying is that while the superhumans on One Piece were shown to be very fast, their speed wasn't especially emphasized the way it is in many other mangas. Which made it so that most people considered One Piece characters relatively slow until Water 7, with the exception being being like ourselves that notice the finer details.

Did Shima have a manga before Toriko?

He apparently had a manga called Seikimatsu Leader den Takeshi! that never actually got finished.