Millennium Creed
12-25-2010, 07:14 PM
What sports do you like playing?

Marimo
12-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Baseball, Football and occasionally Basketball

Rasendori
12-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Tennis, American Football, and football.

Cake
04-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Used to do athletism

Live Fast Eat Ass
04-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Disk golf, pool, rock/mountain climbing, hiking, and just general outdoorsmanship

X
04-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Basketball and volleyball.

Tendou
04-28-2014, 06:41 PM
football.

Anna
04-28-2014, 06:43 PM
I used to play a lot of football but my knee doesnt allow that anymore

I still join the guys every 2 weeks or so

L
04-28-2014, 07:20 PM
tennis

Riki
04-28-2014, 10:26 PM
lolsports

- - - Updated - - -

frisbee and badminton :niggawhat

Millennium Creed
04-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Basketball and baseball.

L
04-28-2014, 10:29 PM
lolsports

- - - Updated - - -

frisbee and badminton :niggawhatlmfao the best site ever. did you see the line up for allstars?

Bold
04-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Tennis. Thinking of taking up Rowing and Cycling.

Phoenix
04-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Basketball & American Football.

Ichiryuu
04-28-2014, 10:47 PM
I used to play football (European) for around 10 years at the moment I'm not really doing other stuff.

Some other things I did way back were Badminton, Ninjutsu, Tennis and some other stuff I guess.

Riki
04-28-2014, 10:58 PM
lmfao the best site ever. did you see the line up for allstars?

I meant lolsports as in lol sports but yeah its pretty hype

DoflaMihawk
04-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Badminton :iria

Used to play a lot of football when I was younger too (real football).

Senpai
05-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Softball
Basketball
Track
Flag Football

Taekwondo. My favorite sport and have been training for 10 years.

Competition next week!
Though coaching my students this time; analysis:
Yearly, I try to participate in at least one Taekwondo competition. I either compete, coach, or referee.

Already competed in 30+ competitions, nationally and internationally.
Been helping coach our studio's students whenever I get the chance to.
Just started my referee career back in '11. Currently a level C-2 USAT Referee.

Next Saturday, is a local competition that I usually participate in, but this time, I am just coaching my students. It is very close and I urged some students to go. Three signed up; all are doing both Poomsae and Sparring.

I have been training them for almost a month now and this will be their first competition. I am hoping to make it a fun and awesome experience for them by passing on my knowledge as a competitor, coach, and referee to them. Knowing the rules should make things much easier because they would know what the judges are looking for and how to score more points.

So far from the beginning when I have been teaching and training them, their skills have improved quite a bit. Two guys and one girl; all three about 11 years old. They guys' skills were a bit sluggish and weak whereas the girl's were precise, but were a bit weak as well. They all lacked power and accuracy. After the month of vigorous training, they have increased their power and their kicks look much better as well.

Started off with basic training outside of the studio, right by a YMCA on the grass. Then I highly recommended them to go to the main studio and train because they would be able to spar against other students and watch them spar to gain some knowledge on different techniques. The Master was nice to help adjust classes accordingly, specifically helping my students to train for the competition. The main studio's students got some extra training as well.

Weekly, they would do target kicking practices and some conditioning. I would be able to help them with their Poomsae even more, giving more critical feedback.

Female Student: Her skills were great to begin with, but she lacked power and a louder voice. Kinda seemed a bit less confident in her skills. Kicking was decent and was more competent than the males.
After the training, she realizes that she needs to use more power and how to spar better, countering the opponent with quick round-house kicks. Though her right foot's round-house kick still slides up instead of hitting target on the side.

Male Student #1: He literally had no power and his movements were too small and weak. Needed to open up more. His kicking looked terrible.
After the training, movements became a bit more smooth and kicking slightly improved. Before in a practice sparring match, he would always move back, dodging the opponent's kicks. Each time he moves back, he is given a warning. Now, he does that less and gained confidence to actually kick the opponent. Student's dad told me that he wanted his son to get beat up, to learn and experience what it is like getting beat up and kicked around like a sandbag. He would then man up after that.

Male Student #2: Due to his bulkiness, he was slow in movement and his techniques were not as great as well. He lacked power and needed to stretch more because his kicks were terrible low. Was scared to spar. His mother would always laugh at him when he was getting his butt kicked. I think she is also a Sadist.
After the training, he gained confidence to kick others and increased his power. Though still a little bulky in his movements, he has gotten faster. Still needs to work on keeping his heels down for Poomsae and stretch more.

Overall, I have high hopes for them to earn Gold or Silver in both Poomsae and Sparring. We still have one more week to practice and I think the most important thing they should be aware of is their speed and power. Also, accuracy of their kicks.

I am very excited for them and will do my best to help them succeed as their Instructor and Coach.

Pacifista
05-03-2014, 01:27 PM
None currently. I really want to get back again though. It's just hard to fit it into my schedule. I used to do track and tennis though and I enjoy running, disc golf, golfing, racquetball and even sparring.

Alex D. Boss
12-04-2014, 12:10 AM
I play Football, Bulk up my Muscles at Fitness, and do Kickbox.

You?

Discuss..

Live Fast Eat Ass
12-04-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm a big game rapist.

Sleepah
12-04-2014, 12:43 AM
video games :mihawk

I kid.... I play football every once in a while. Used to be obsessed with it growing up, not so much now.
I'm a fast runner too, but I have poor stamina

Millennium Creed
12-04-2014, 12:45 AM
I liked playing basketball, that was the only sport that ever really caught my attention.

Riki
12-04-2014, 01:20 AM
frisbee/badminton

i also played basketball a lot in like elementary/middle school

ReXDrake
12-04-2014, 01:24 AM
basketball, tennis, table tennis

Schnarf
12-04-2014, 01:33 AM
baseball & basketball

KoTen
12-04-2014, 01:41 AM
American football, Basketball and volleyball, sometimes soccer.

Ichiryuu
12-04-2014, 01:44 AM
Football (Soccer) and Badminton atm.

X
12-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Bulking up your muscles is not a sport.

Alex D. Boss
12-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Bulking up your muscles is not a sport.
Fitness is a sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Facts.

X
12-26-2014, 11:48 PM
I play basketball and volleyball and am pretty decent at both of them. Though I am not playing on a volleyball team this year.

Millennium Creed
12-26-2014, 11:48 PM
I used to play basketball, only sport I ever liked. I was semi decent at it. Also somewhat baseball.

A
12-26-2014, 11:49 PM
I play basketball and volleyball and am pretty decent at both of them. Though I am not playing on a volleyball team this year.

when you say team, do you mean your universitys varsity team?

Nightfall
12-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Nope.

Played some basketball(only for fun), pretty decent at it.

Void
12-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Wow, third incarnation of this thread.

I used to play American Football, basketball, tennis, and hell even baseball back in high school. Only badminton in college its been a long time since I played too.

I consider myself at least decent at football and baseball, and maybe badminton but I don't know if I'm playing that correctly.

X
12-27-2014, 04:01 AM
when you say team, do you mean your universitys varsity team?

No just senior men's leagues. I wasn't big enough to play on uni teams.