PDA

View Full Version : Arrow

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Pimp of Pimps
11-16-2012, 01:52 AM
http://ghostwolfe.com/entertainment/files/2012/10/arrow-poster-cw1-600x350.jpg

If you hadn't already guessed, this show is about Oliver Queen also known as the superhero Green Arrow from DC comics. I'm only on the first episode right now, but so far it seems pretty well done. However, I'm not too well versed in the comics so I can't say with certainty how accurate it is to the comics.

Does anyone else watch this show?

Pimp of Pimps
11-17-2012, 03:00 AM
Asshats viewing my thread without posting. :giogio

Z
11-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Asshats viewing my thread without posting. :giogio

You do the same damn thing. :giogio

Anyways, it looks somewhat interesting.

Underfed Somali
11-17-2012, 02:40 PM
I just watched the first episode, and tbh it was fucking SICK.

Best superhero series I have ever seen, now to see if it can hold up.

I used to do archery myself so I could be biased...

Soca
11-17-2012, 02:51 PM
might check this out

Pimp of Pimps
11-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Alright, so I'm caught up the most recent episode which is episode 6. I'm really, really enjoying this series so far. I don't really mind that they aren't keeping close to the comics or whatever, but there is one thing I'm not liking though it's not a big deal...yet.

I dislike that his sister is apparently Speedy.

Cableguy15
11-23-2012, 07:00 AM
I've been watching this sort of on and off, and aside from one gripe I have with it, I'd have to say this is CW's best show already... normally I'd say Supernatural, but facing facts my mind is still kind of stuck in their glory days of seasons 2-5.

My one gripe with arrow? The obligatory melodrama. Most of it comes from Oliver's sister and the issues he has with her, but it's just so predictable and annoying. Of course I can look past it easily because otherwise this show kicks ass, but I can't help but feel embarrassment when those scenes come up.

Pimp of Pimps
11-23-2012, 05:43 PM
I agree. The sappy stuff kinda gets a tiny bit annoying sometimes. The latest episode had more of it then I would have liked for sure. But overall still an excellent show. I can't wait for next week.

Doc Q
11-23-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm thinking about picking this up. Seems like it could be cool. And I have to somewhat respect this guy's physique, he's cut but not model-ish.

From the episodes scheduled atm I heard Deathstroke, huntress, Deadshot and Vertigo are supposed to appear in this show.

Kinda hypes me up.

Pimp of Pimps
12-01-2012, 07:42 PM
The recent episode was pretty good.

Another vigilante in the mix is awesome. And she's hot too. It was also a surprise to see who Tommy's dad is.

Doc Q
12-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Have seen all the eps except the latest. I'm really digging this show.

The deadshot ep should've been a two-parter though, they didn't do him enough justice. :cry

Pimp of Pimps
12-02-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree. I was hoping he'd be a reoccurring character.

Doc Q
12-06-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure how much I'm digging the Huntress in the storyline. Mediocre adaption of a mediocre character I guess. I didn't hate the episode though. (7)

I hope they fucking ace Count Vertigo. If one character deserves a good adaption, it's him. He's an A-list villain that never got a time to shine. (Much like Black Manta until recently) Only 4 eps until his introduction, I'm pretty psyched. I wonder how they'll implement his powers, if at all.

Firefly and the Royal Flush gang are also going to be presented somewhere along the line.

Fecal Excrmnt
12-06-2012, 09:10 PM
my brother has been on my ass about watching this show

he loves the fuck out of it; says he watched 4 episodes in one sitting

Tuus Deus
12-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Watched the first episode. Got about halfway through before I stopped caring.

Doc Q
12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
my brother has been on my ass about watching this show

he loves the fuck out of it; says he watched 4 episodes in one sitting

It's not a bad show by any means, and it seems to attract a pretty broad audience. I'd give it a go.

This site with streams gets updated after every ep: http://streamallthis.com/watch/arrow/

Edit: After seeing ep 8 I've warmed up to 'Helena' a bit. Was a good ep.

Pimp of Pimps
12-07-2012, 11:30 PM
It was a good episode. Oliver is changing for the better. Slowly becoming the Green Arrow we all know and love. I wonder when, if ever, people will start calling him that.

Murphy
12-08-2012, 04:25 PM
So far I'm enjoying the show. I especially like the dynamic between Oliver and Diggle. I don't like the actress playing Huntress though. Huntress is one of my favorite female comic book characters, and Jessica Gouw doesn't have half the sex appeal needed to play the character.

By the way, am I the only one that got a crush on the computer girl who works for Queen Consolidated [Emily Bett Richards]. I think she really has an awesome personality.

Pimp of Pimps
12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
By the way, am I the only one that got a crush on the computer girl who works for Queen Consolidated [Emily Bett Richards]. I think she really has an awesome personality.

She's amazingly hot. Personality and body.

Doc Q
12-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I personally wouldn't have casted her for the role either, but she is seriously attractive.

The IT girl is one of the best actors of the show. That's sadly not much of a compliment though.

Kaang
12-08-2012, 09:13 PM
You do view without que POP.

I don't like comics though I do like the superhero aspect. Mostly because I like people with hidden identities.

I might give this a try.

Pimp of Pimps
12-13-2012, 06:32 PM
This last episode was awesome. Things are really starting to get crazy now.

Doc Q
12-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Holy shit, now I really want to know Malcolm Merlyn's story. He's pretty badass.

Him having ties with "Merlyn" of the comics was to be expected. Can't imagine how the writers will let Tommy follow in his footsteps, but it's sure to happen. (As the actual Merlyn is named Tommy Merlyn)

There's a good possiblity Firefly will appear next episode! And Vertigo is just 3 eps away now.

Pimp of Pimps
12-18-2012, 05:18 PM
I can't to see what they are gonna do with Tommy. Maybe Oliver will kill his father.

Makenzye
12-18-2012, 06:35 PM
I haven't been able to really get into the show. It might be partially because I refuse to accept him as the Green Arrow until he gets the beard and moustache.

Doc Q
12-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Next ep isn't till January 16th? :C

Don't make fucking 9 ep seasons. People where just starting to get on board. Including me.

Tuus Deus
12-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Watched like the first half of the first episode. Dullsville. Stopped caring halfway through.

Doc Q
12-18-2012, 08:32 PM
You finding this series uninteresting was so important you had to post it twice?

Live Fast Eat Ass
12-18-2012, 08:54 PM
This isnt some fucking smallville spin-off is it?

Doc Q
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
This isnt some fucking smallville spin-off is it?

Nope, the only thing the two shows have in common is that they're both based on the DC verse and air(ed) on the same network.

Pimp of Pimps
12-21-2012, 07:09 PM
I was really hyped for this episode but then I found out there's no new episode for weeks. :-(

Spambot
12-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I've watched the first 5 episodes. Pretty good show.

Pimp of Pimps
01-18-2013, 05:45 AM
Latest episode was pretty cool.

I wonder if they'll actually call him Green Arrow at any point in the show.

Doc Q
01-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Oh snap, a new ep is out!

I should write these dates down. I was late with One Piece, late with the Strikeforce finale and now late with Arrow. Firefly, here I come.

Pimp of Pimps
01-18-2013, 02:36 PM
You'r forgetting all the important things in life. :smh

But what did you think of Firefly?

Nova
01-18-2013, 03:51 PM
cw has good fucking shows

Doc Q
01-18-2013, 06:48 PM
You'r forgetting all the important things in life. :smh

But what did you think of Firefly?

inorite :(

I'm split on Firefly's representation. I was really hoping for a guy using some kind of jetpack-like prop-elation system and a flamethrower in combat. They didn't use anything from his comic persona except a fire theme.

On the other hand from a viewers perspective he was okay. He was somehow pretty menacing in his firefighter's outfit. Could've been done much worse. Didn't see the suicide coming though. Thought that was weird.

Pimp of Pimps
01-25-2013, 02:56 AM
Oh shit, forgot there was en episode yesterday.

Doc Q
01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Pretty cool ep. Have you seen it by now?

What where your thoughts on the Asian guy on the Island appearing to a member of the organization?

Pimp of Pimps
01-27-2013, 02:50 AM
Saw it just now.

I don't know what's up with the Asian guy. I think he's still Oliver's ally somehow because Oliver mentioned to Diggle how he taught him some moves. Maybe Fyers thinks he's broken the guy but in reality he's pretending.

And I lol'd at Thea at the end. Dumb bitch.

Pimp of Pimps
02-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Has anyone seen the latest episode? What did you think?

Thea was being a bitch like usual.

I loved the scene when Oliver pretended to kill that guy. I was wondering how he'd get out of it.

Kinda disappointing that Vertigo actually managed to get him with the needles.

The ending was awesome.

Pimp of Pimps
02-08-2013, 08:07 PM
This episode was really good imo, especially near the end.

Doc Q
02-21-2013, 06:31 PM
I stopped watching Arrow for 3 weeks and caught up yesterday. Damn, that was a kickass marathon.

The stuff on the Island is getting really interesting.

Pimp of Pimps
02-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah, these last three episodes have been awesome. I love seeing more Felicity. Man she's gorgeous.

Doc Q
02-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Dat ep 15. :datass

China White and the Chinese Triad aren't taking down Merlyn. Are you kidding me? Tempest will certainly lay waste to the combat output the Triad can dish out. Not to mention that the Dark Archer could probably take on White + a number of goons at the same time.

Doc Q
02-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Thought I'd do a little Arrow tier list from the top of my head. Tell me if you think this is about right pops:

-God Tier:
Ollie's Mom (handgun)

-Top Tier:

Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer
---
Slade Wilson/Deathstroke
Yao Fei
Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
---
Bill Wintergreen

-High Tier:

Helena Bertinelli/Huntress
Floyd Lawton/Deadshot
China White

-Mid Tier:

Constatine Drakon
Dodger (Bomb collars, Shock device)
Count Vertigo (Handgun + Needles)
John Diggle (Handgun)
Garfield Lynns/Firefly
---
Laurel Lance
Quintin Lance (Handgun)
(Ep 15) Current 'Island Ollie' (Knife)

-Low Tier

Random Goon (armed)
--
Random Goon
--
Untrained/average person

Pimp of Pimps
02-28-2013, 06:42 PM
That seems about right to me. Diggle might be a high-tier though.

I haven't seen the new episode yet. Hopefully tonight.

Pimp of Pimps
03-01-2013, 04:15 AM
Man, these last couple of episodes have been off the hook. Have you watched it yet?

Doc Q
03-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I've seen it up to 16. It's been pretty sick.

I knew the Triad wasn't going to take Merlyn alone. So I was pretty happy to see they hired Deadshot. Deadshot's new appearance is a lot better than before. Not to mention that he kicked serious ass this ep.

I do not like how willing Ollie is to give away his secret though. The situation with Tommy didn't really call for it imo. I also am not a fan of the possibility that Sarah is alive. Resurrecting deceased characters is shark jumping territory.

Pimp of Pimps
03-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Yeah, seeing Deadshot against was a real treat. I wonder if this means some other villains might come back as well?

I don't really like that Tommy knows Oliver's secret now. I always got the vibe he's turn out to be a bad guy and I'm not sure if that's very feasable now.

Malcolm was badass. I don't understand why he killed the guy in front of his son. Also, it is just me or are his ideals sounding a lot like Ra's al Ghul's?

Doc Q
03-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I wonder if this means some other villains might come back as well?
Count Vertigo is coming back for sure. He ain't dead and now he is haunted by vertigo himself like in the comics. Maybe he'll come back with some kind of 'vertigo device' like his comic counter part. Maybe a little farfetched for Arrow though, not sure.

I always got the vibe he's turn out to be a bad guy and I'm not sure if that's very feasable now.

Really? wow. I'm thinking the complete opposite. The stage has been set now.

Tommy Merlyn is the true Merlyn. Tommy is going to be a bad guy sooner or later, no doubt about it. It's as set in stone as Roy Harper will become Ollie's rebellious sidekick.

Tommy will start distancing himself from Ollie now. He was really pissed off that Oliver hid a big secret from him. Malcolm will start bonding with Tommy now, taking him under his wing and teaching him about his ideals. Maybe he'll start combat training him also.

Laurel will probably not like Tommy's new attitude and hook up with Ollie or something. Tommy will flip his lid. Ollie will probably kill the Dark Archer around this time, only to find out it was Tommy's dad... And like that we have ourselves an arch-nemesis.

Pimp of Pimps
03-01-2013, 01:37 PM
I definitely see Vertigo coming back.

The only problem I have with Tommy becoming a villain is that he knows who Green Arrow is. Can't have the villain knowing who the hero is. Unless Oliver goes public with his identify I can't see this turning out well from a storytelling point of view. Though I suppose they can say Tommy doesn't want to tell or that he can't find hard evidence against Oliver.

Cableguy15
04-27-2013, 03:57 AM
So does anyone still watch this? It's probably my favorite live-action tv show right now. The final three episodes are going to be ridiculously awesome; I just get that vibe. Next episode is apparently titled "Undertaking" or something along those lines, so it looks like it'll be a three-part finale.

Brohan
04-27-2013, 02:21 PM
My dad said it was kind of meh so I haven't watched it. How is it?

Cableguy15
04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
I think it's very good. The acting was a little stale at first, but that's something I expect from a brand new show with a lead who's pretty new himself. But over time, it keeps getting better. Sometimes I still get a weak feeling from some of the characters, but it's usually not from the more prominent ones. Each episode will usually have a flashback or more of Oliver Queen's experience being trapped on an island, and that's another fairly unique and excellent part of the show.

Pimp of Pimps
05-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Man, this last episode was epic. Can't wait for next week.

Pimp of Pimps
05-09-2013, 02:43 AM
Holy crap this episode. :sanji

Live Fast Eat Ass
05-09-2013, 11:27 AM
I KNOW RIGHT??

X Leyva
05-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Its the best show on Air. Im a DC comics fan so i can tell you Its LOOSELY based on the comic version of em.
My one and only problem with it, is the one ive got with every show the CW has, Its oversexualizes the male charectors.

Roy Harper does join the cast. So while Thea may turn out to be Speedy. There will no doubt be Arsenal, i cant see him as "Red Arrow" COnsidering he doesnt seem to mirror his comic book counterpart who had prior experience with archery before suiting up.

- - - Updated - - -

If youd like to see more of Modern Ollie, DCs New52 has two ongoing series featuring Green Arrow. Unfortanatley his Titular series is 20+ issues in, But Hes also part of The JLA, with Carwoman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and more.

Its one of the titles im reading now, and its starting off good so far. Only on its 3rd iss.

Pimp of Pimps
05-09-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xmH4vHlnu9E

Pimp of Pimps
05-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Man this episode was awesome. Kinda inconclusive, but awesome.

Doc Q
06-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Yeah, it was a great ep. Pretty good finale.

Season two won't be around 'till the fall. I've tried to check out some leads and spoilers but I see nothing to exiting. So I guess there's little reason for impatience.

Fecal Excrmnt
06-01-2013, 04:43 PM
is it true that s2 is starting 6 months after the events of the finale?

i cant find sources on it

- - - Updated - - -

also sidenote, manu bennett as slade is such a badass

convict
06-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Manu Bennett is the only reason I originally watched the show. While his role wasn't that prominent in season 1 the show was interesting enough to keep me engaged. Deathstroke seems to be a major antagonist/anti-hero for many different heroes it seems. I wasn't aware he was so involved with Green Arrow as well as I never delved into Green Arrow comics.

Pimp of Pimps
06-04-2013, 12:41 PM
So do you guys think Oliver quit being a vilante?

Fecal Excrmnt
06-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Well in Stepehen Amell's interview, he says that Oliver takes Tommy's death super-hard, and says that he quits being the Hood for a while, and that he needs a new reason to continue doing this. I think that's where the whole Green Arrow persona comes in.

IGN: How do you think he’s going to process the loss of Tommy?

Amell: Not well. The reason that he was the vigilante, the Hood, all that stuff is gone now. Merlyn’s been stopped, the list is essentially somewhat obsolete, the Glades are destroyed. If he’s going to become the vigilante again or something different, he’s gonna need a new reason.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/29/stephen-amell-talks-arrow-season-2

Doc Q
06-04-2013, 02:29 PM
^Cool. That's some new info.

@ Convict: Manu has been upgraded to regular cast member. He'll be around (even) more frequently in season 2.

Murphy
06-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Damn, I'm way too behind on this show, completely forgot about it at some point...

I have some catching up to do.

Pimp of Pimps
06-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Have you caught up?

Murphy
06-16-2013, 07:06 PM
There's a few episodes left but I'm pretty close, I'm on episode 18 right now. There's another show I've been catching on at the same time, called ''Boardwalk Empire'', so it's taking a bit longer than expected. But yeah I'm almost there, I will make sure write all my impressions here as soon as I've caught up with it. ^^

Murphy
06-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Caught up with the latest episode yesterday night. Gotta say, the new girl (Shado) who appears in Oliver’s flashbacks is pretty cute.

My main grip with the show so far is the actress that was cast as Huntress. That's a pet peeve of mine because I like Huntress in the comics and in DCAU. She's written and portrayed poorly here. The actress doesn't look the part either, the episodes that involved her were the weakest imo. After her first appearance in the show I was actually hoping she wouldn’t show up again, but alas.

On the bright side though, I enjoy every screen time Felicity gets. She’s so quirky. :lmao Her frequent and unintentional sexual innuendos are pretty funny -- e.g, while talking to Oliver in her earphone in episode 21: ''Feels really good having you inside me.'' And immediately after she realizes just how wrong that sounds she becomes very agitated and tries to explain what she really meant. Probably my favorite character in the show.

The finale was nice, I was surprised to see them actually follow-through with the destruction of the Glades. CGI was a bit weak, but it gave a lot of ground for writers to work on in the next season. I'm curious to see which direction they take it.

Pimp of Pimps
10-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Anyone seen the new episode?

Murphy
10-11-2013, 03:25 AM
Yea I did. The premiere was nice, I liked the character growth Oliver had in the episode.

I'm glad he will refrain from killing from this point on, that's something that kind of bothered me in the first season.

And I'm looking forward to The Flash's apparition in the show, he's set to appear in episode 7 if I'm not mistaken.

Fecal Excrmnt
10-11-2013, 03:47 AM
pretty good.

is it just me or does this show feel more like a show than any other show? you know what i mean? like it feels more scripted than any other. i cant describe it.

Pimp of Pimps
10-13-2013, 03:53 AM
I wonder if we'll see the blunt force arrows soon.

@ FE:The show feels scripted only with Smoak's IT stuff. Other than that the script is good, though the acting from Oliver seems weird sometimes.

Pimp of Pimps
10-16-2013, 03:38 PM
New episode tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrfLZH-KGj4

Valyrian Steel
10-16-2013, 03:48 PM
The guy who plays Oliver is a really bad actor. I'm only 3 episodes in. Hopefully he gets better

Pimp of Pimps
10-16-2013, 03:51 PM
His acting gets better but I honestly don't think he's ever great. The show is good enough that I barely notice though.

Fecal Excrmnt
10-16-2013, 03:52 PM
he's pretty good.. He's not that bad.

Valyrian Steel
10-16-2013, 03:55 PM
The guy has the same expression all the time and his acting seems..forced. I'm getting used to it, though.

Pimp of Pimps
10-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Not sure if that's supposed to be part of his character or not.

Murphy
10-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Felicity looked amazing this episode.

Doc Q
10-17-2013, 11:14 AM
I think I'm gonna wait a little before watching the new eps. Have a 'lil buffer for a boring day.

Pimp of Pimps
10-19-2013, 08:33 PM
How'd you guys like the episode?

Fecal Excrmnt
10-19-2013, 08:39 PM
pretty good. curious to see how Ollie gets out of this jam.

- - - Updated - - -

i posted a comment on IGN about something that irked me:

Did anybody else notice how idiotic it was when Laurel presses the button at the end, the SWAT team comes storming in in under 2 seconds? That would mean that Laurel knew that the Vigilante would make an appearance on that day at that time. And the SWAT team is just conveniently camping outside the doors just waiting for him. It didn't make any sense at all. Even if they are SWAT, and even if they are close to the building, their response time would still be at least 2-3 minutes. It would've been more believable if Laurel pressed the button discreetly, and then chatted up the Vigilante until the SWAT team showed up. Instead they decided to go with the over-dramatic version where they show up immediately after she presses the button.

Pimp of Pimps
10-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Wasn't that just after China White was arrested? Maybe she assumed he'd come right after they were turned in.

Also, Laurlel's reasons for going against Green Arrow seem kinda dumb. They're entirely personal and fualed by emotion, as opposed to wanting to take him down because she feels he deserves to go down.

Pimp of Pimps
10-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Who has seen the latest episode? Pretty damn good I'd say.

Fecal Excrmnt
10-25-2013, 12:09 AM
subtlety isn't exactly this show's forte

Pimp of Pimps
10-25-2013, 03:59 AM
Don't think it's trying to be lol.

Would you guys have preferred if Black Canary was an actual metahuman?

Zoro
10-25-2013, 05:17 AM
You know, my old english teacher's girlfriend's sister dates the actor who plays oliver

fun fact of the day

or so he claims she does

Doc Q
10-28-2013, 08:27 PM
The new season is pretty good.

Pimp of Pimps
10-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah, all three episodes have been pretty good so far.

I really hope Laurel doesn't eventually become Black Canary.

Murphy
10-31-2013, 03:18 AM
Ok I must admit the ending caught me by surprise, definitely didn't see that one coming.

Didn't suspect that guy would turn out to be Brother Blood, let alone a villain.

Pimp of Pimps
10-31-2013, 05:27 AM
Nice episode.

I'm glad they didn't delay Sarah's reveal. The story behind her seems a lot more complicated now that it's revealed she was on the island for at least some of the time. Her concern over Slade is interesting as well, he probably helped them escape and that's the last she saw Deathstroke. I'm guessing she got off the island after the first year or so and eventually made it to the League of Assassins where she was trained.

Really good twist with Brother Blood. Looking it up, his name is Sebastian in the comics so anyone well versed in the Green Arrow mythos should have been able to pick it up.

Also, "Living...it's not for the weak." Probably the best quote in the series. I have a feeling that guy is going to play a bigger role later on. I think he was speaking Russian, so many he's the Russian gangster Oliver saved.

Pimp of Pimps
11-13-2013, 10:54 PM
New episode tonight. :datass

What are you guys expecting?

Murphy
11-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Man the show just keeps getting better. I like how they're using Arrow as groundwork to further expand the DC Universe on screen. So in addition to organizations like the League of Assassins and A.R.G.U.S, we now have H.I.V.E which was led by Brother Blood back in the Teen Titans animated series. With hive involved and the infos we got from the flashback, this episode gave us a good idea of the bigger picture. The Japanese serum professor Ivo was looking for is likely the same one Brother Blood used on Mayor at the end of the 4th episode (which killed Mayor after insemination 'cause he couldn't handle it). There's high possibility that most of the meta-humans in H.I.V.E were transformed by the use of that serum.

On another note it was good seeing Laurel step out of the picture a bit. Rochev and Felicity are miles better as far as female supporting characters go.

I enjoyed this trip to Russia, nice change of setting.

Pimp of Pimps
11-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Yeaah, I'm really loving this series. Season one made it seem like they were almost trying to stay away from the rest of the DC universe but they've been really going at it this season.

I'm guessing Slade gets hit with the serum, which will hill his injuries and enhance his physical and perhaps mental ability as well. He won't be superhuman most likely, just really strong. Can't wait to see what they plan to do with him. He's a villain but he's done nothing but help Oliver so far. I'm guessing he takes up a job (maybe with H.I.V.E.) and Oliver is forced to confront him. Could tie in with that Sebastian is doing. Could also be that he and Oliver team up.

One thing I was disappointed with was not seeing Anatoli fight. He should have some moves, being KGBeast and all.

Also, Oliver is probably going to get shit from Felicity for a while. :lmao

Murphy
11-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Haha yeah, Oliver seems to be always caught in very odd love triangles. :lmao

Speaking of, I'm curious as to what happened to Shado after they left the Island. As you said Slade has been helping Ollie so far, if Shado died after Ollie revealed their location to Professor Ivo's crew it might explain why Slade would side with Sebastian and fight Oliver before the end of this season. And frankly I wouldn't blame him, it was very stupid of Oliver to run off like that then get his ass captured. He should have had trust in Slade's judgment, because as we saw this episode Oliver was worried for nothing since Shado was still alive.

Pimp of Pimps
11-14-2013, 05:07 PM
I don't think Shado survived, to be honest. Orif she is alive, perhaps Oliver thinks she died. Remember what Oliver said to Felicity at the end of this episode? He feels he shouldn't romantically involve himself with others because of the type of life he lives. I think something bad happened to Shado because of the two of them being an item. Also interesting how Sarah asked about Slade but not about Shado. Even though she did mention Shado.

Spambot
11-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Is Deathstroke confirmed to come to Starling City?

Doc Q
11-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Summer Glau has stolen my heart man. Damn was she cute in this ep.

Murphy
11-14-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't think Shado survived, to be honest. Orif she is alive, perhaps Oliver thinks she died. Remember what Oliver said to Felicity at the end of this episode? He feels he shouldn't romantically involve himself with others because of the type of life he lives. I think something bad happened to Shado because of the two of them being an item. Also interesting how Sarah asked about Slade but not about Shado. Even though she did mention Shado.
Yeppers, moreover Slade wasn't exactly in shape to protect Shado when Ivo got a confirmation of their location. His vendetta against Ollie might very well be fueled by what happened to her.

Is Deathstroke confirmed to come to Starling City?
Not confirmed but there's a high chance he might.

Fecal Excrmnt
11-14-2013, 06:28 PM
that was a great episode

do you guys know who Amanda Waller is? the lady that captured Diggle?

she knows the identity of every JLA member in the animated series. pretty damn badass from what i've been told.

Pimp of Pimps
11-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah, she's a pretty big deal.

Do you guys think Amanda Waller may have been the person who hired Fyers?

Murphy
11-14-2013, 07:26 PM
FE, watch all five seasons of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. No doubt one of the best animated tv shows ever.

I don't exaggerate when I say that.

It contains so many great moments. The show especially gets amazing during the third season (which is the start of Justice League Unlimited).

ps: there's something wrong with the server, keeps saying ''service unavailable''. I had to re-type my post a few times.

Fecal Excrmnt
11-14-2013, 07:41 PM
FE, watch all five seasons of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. No doubt one of the best animated tv shows ever.

I tried but I can't find a reliable site to watch it on. Any pointers?

Pimp of Pimps
11-14-2013, 07:44 PM
http://www.animeflavor.com/node/10923

Try that. If that doesn't work it should be on PirateBay.

Fecal Excrmnt
11-14-2013, 07:47 PM
doesnt seem to work

Murphy
11-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Here's a site I often use: You can watch all five seasons here. (http://www.primewire.ag/watch-10332-Justice-League)

Link to the first episode (http://www.primewire.ag/external.php?gd=1891069021&title=Justice+League&url=aHR0cDovL21vdnBvZC5pbi9iOXEwdHpvenV2b3o=&domain=bW92cG9kLmlu&loggedin=0)

When watching subsequent episodes I recommend to watch from Putlocker, Movpod [as linked above] and Gorillavid. The video quality is often good.

Fecal Excrmnt
11-14-2013, 08:02 PM
oh of course, i forgot about that one. thanks murph.

Pimp of Pimps
11-14-2013, 08:06 PM
So when do you guys we'll see Sarah again in the present? I really hope she doesn't die.

Murphy
11-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah I like her too. My guess is she will resurface to aid Oliver when Sebastian's plan is set in high gear.

Pimp of Pimps
11-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Most likely. What did you think about her this episode? What she did was messed up, but at this point she's still mentally weak and she's obviously being coerced.

Pimp of Pimps
11-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Holy shit this episode of Arrow! :U

Fecal Excrmnt
11-21-2013, 08:40 PM
malcolm's reappearance was cool, but revealing that thea was his daughter was kind of unnecessary and frankly pretty stupid

Pimp of Pimps
11-21-2013, 08:46 PM
How? It's a perfect tool to strain their relationship. Moira just broke free of the chains Malcolm used to subjugate her before but now he chained her up again. Not sure if she'll survive past the end of this season.

Malcolm coming back also means the League of Assassins will likely some into play somehow. Meaning Canary is likely to come back soon. I doubt The Undertaking was all Malcolm, it was likely a pet project Ra's al Ghul started or at least approved. I also wonder if him being here hints at the lazarus pit.

Also, Flash is finally appearing. Wonder if he'll have his powers. My sister also tells me Nightwing is going to appear according to rumors, which is stupid.

Murphy
11-21-2013, 10:14 PM
With Ra's al Ghul being involved, yeah, it's very likely Merlyn was brought back by the use of lazarus pit. Given the pit's side effects Merlyn will probably be more vicious than before. I was so glad when I saw him lol, he was an awesome villain. The actor who plays him is great.

Another thing I liked, although minor, was the reveal that Sebastian was the man who financed Count Vertigo after his jailbreak and sent him after Oliver. That once again solidified Sebastian's higher standing in villain hierarchy. On the subject of Thea, in conjunction to what pimps said it might also be the production's attempt to add more relevance to her character, from my standpoint she's been one of the least engaging member of the cast. Though I can understand how someone might dislike it, there was a daytime drama feel to it. That said I think in the long run it will do her character some good. I hope so anyway.

I'm excited about the Flash also, not sure about the actor they chose to play Barry Allen, but we'll see how it goes.

Spambot
11-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Lots more supernatural things than I expected in this series. Cool.

Doc Q
11-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Count Vertigo was handled extremely poorly troughout this series. Phycho drug dealer waving a gun around.. Yeah, that's Vertigo for ya. :mellow

Fecal Excrmnt
11-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Count Vertigo was handled extremely poorly troughout this series. Phycho drug dealer waving a gun around.. Yeah, that's Vertigo for ya. :mellow

reviewer over at IGN doesnt like him at all either. says the actor who plays him overacts a lot and his character is trying too hard to channel a crappy version of Heath Ledger's Joker

Pimp of Pimps
11-23-2013, 06:05 PM
He acted a lot more like the Joker than Count Vertigo.

Fecal Excrmnt
11-23-2013, 06:13 PM
also i refuse to believe that Oliver injecting him with a lethal dose of vertigo didn't cause him any psychological damage. like that is ridiculous. he was pretty much the same character that he was before he got injected. they said nothing about the drug wearing off like a damn hangover. something like that would cause lasting psychological damage and change the person's personality indefinitely. it's like they just brought him back just because the plot demanded some minor character to come back, so it might as well be him.

Pimp of Pimps
11-23-2013, 09:52 PM
I hope they reveal he was healed by someone or something to further thicken the plot.

Phoenix
11-25-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm currently on episode 8 and Helena is soooooooo hot.

Pimp of Pimps
12-03-2013, 01:43 AM
New episode Wednesday, can't wait.

Is this going to be the last episode before the mid-season break?

Spambot
12-03-2013, 01:59 AM
I think it's the last episode.

Murphy
12-03-2013, 02:17 AM
The episode listing is showing that we will get another episode on december 11th before they go on break, thankfully.

After that it will return January 15th.

Pimp of Pimps
12-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Nice, I was worried this Wednesday would be the last one.

Though January 15 isn't too long of a wait.

Murphy
12-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Yeah, and with the holidays time will pass us by rather quickly.

Pimp of Pimps
12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V3hBkRNBKo

for anyone that missed it.

Doc Q
12-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Interesting episode. I find it strange that the writers have spend effort in tiptoeing around the subject of anything supernatural for a good while, and now we're basically being picked up and flung head first into all kinds of supernatural stuff. (Superhumans, speedsters, Probably Lazarus pits)

Murphy
12-05-2013, 09:27 PM
The first season I think for the most part they were focusing on establishing Green Arrow's lore before venturing into those elements. But seeing how the flashback story is tying in perfectly to the current plot and the ordeal surrounding Brother Blood's serum it seems pretty clear they intended to incorporate supernatural elements from the start.

I liked Barry's introduction a lot, more than I expected, especially considering how young he looked for the role. It was funny how Oliver continuously teased him about it: ''Who are you and do your parents know you are here?'' :lmao

Seems like the production were well aware his young appearance would receive mixed reactions and decided to turn it into a running joke, that's clever.

The Island sequences keep getting interesting as well.

Pimp of Pimps
12-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Malcolm. :lmao

Kinda disappointed with Oliver, I expected he'd be able to deal with one of these guys. He apparently took down multiple super humans on the island, so unless this new guy is much stronger than them (new serum, maybe) I'm calling bullshit.

Murphy
12-06-2013, 05:06 AM
He was so sure of himself too, he got his ass kicked, twice. :rotfl

Yeah, either Brother Blood enhanced the formula or what made it possible for him on the Island was completely siyuational. My guess is that it was a heavily weakened/wounded Slade, who rampaged and killed Ivo's men after he woke up, then in a blind rage attacked Oliver.

Seeing Moira stand her ground against Malcom was pretty awesome too.

Phoenix
12-06-2013, 05:38 AM
Season 2 isn't on Netflix.

Could someone link me to Season 2 episode 1?

Fecal Excrmnt
12-06-2013, 06:30 AM
pretty great episode. i enjoyed the Ra's Al Ghul name drop, it got me pretty psyched.

also is it just me or did Manu Bennett's acting feel really forced? (at least pre-injection) it seemed even he didn't know what he was suffering from/where it was hurting. he just kept clutching his general torso area.

Season 2 isn't on Netflix.

Could someone link me to Season 2 episode 1?

http://www.watchseries.to/serie/arrow

Pimp of Pimps
12-06-2013, 05:05 PM
He was so sure of himself too, he got his ass kicked, twice. :rotfl

Yeah, either Brother Blood enhanced the formula or what made it possible for him on the Island was completely siyuational. My guess is that it was a heavily weakened/wounded Slade, who rampaged and killed Ivo's men after he woke up, then in a blind rage attacked Oliver.

Seeing Moira stand her ground against Malcom was pretty awesome too.

I doubt that. Oliver said there were multiple people with the serum injected into them on the island and all of them were taken care of. No way he should be taken care of so easily by just one of these guys. Especially now that he has all this equipment and is better trained. I'm betting the serum Sebastian is using is an improved version. In that case I can see Barry getting his powers and then helping Oliver out.

Also, when do you guys think Slade is going to wake up? Do you think he's dead but his heart will be shocked back to life or something?

Murphy
12-06-2013, 07:09 PM
pretty great episode. i enjoyed the Ra's Al Ghul name drop, it got me pretty psyched.

also is it just me or did Manu Bennett's acting feel really forced? (at least pre-injection) it seemed even he didn't know what he was suffering from/where it was hurting. he just kept clutching his general torso area.
It was a bit off, yea. The way he played it look more like he had hypothermia or something.

I doubt that. Oliver said there were multiple people with the serum injected into them on the island and all of them were taken care of. No way he should be taken care of so easily by just one of these guys. Especially now that he has all this equipment and is better trained. I'm betting the serum Sebastian is using is an improved version. In that case I can see Barry getting his powers and then helping Oliver out.

Also, when do you guys think Slade is going to wake up? Do you think he's dead but his heart will be shocked back to life or something?

I gave it another look, while was he breaking down what he knew about the serum he didn't say he defeated the men who survived Ivo's experiments. It's only before his second fight with Grundy that he tells to a concerned Felicity that he himself beat 'someone' like him on the Island before. Implying a person in particular. Hence my reasoning, but I guess we'll see.

About Barry, unfortunately he won't gain his powers and become The Flash in Arrow. The production said they were going to save it for when his own TV show debuts later next year. Looking forward to that.

Pimp of Pimps
12-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Flash is getting his own show? Awesomeeeeeeeeeee.

Murphy
12-06-2013, 08:31 PM
It's definitely an exciting news for us Flash fans~

Few days ago they also hinted at characters like Red Hood and The Question making an apparition in Arrow eventually: (Source (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90858))

Some of the other stuff hinted there we already knew about. But I'm particularly excited to see The Question, aka Vic Sage, finally receiving some screen love. I hope to see get his own show as well at some point. He's a great character, way under-appreciated.

Soca
12-06-2013, 10:20 PM
ARROOOWWW THE BESTOOOOO

Murphy
12-07-2013, 12:36 AM
They really pulled out all the stops this season, such a fun watch~

Pimp of Pimps
12-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Actually, rewatching the fight scene it seems to me like the only reason Oliver lost was because of whatever he got injected with.

Fecal Excrmnt
12-08-2013, 07:50 PM
maybe now he'll get superpowers and be an actual superhero

Fecal Excrmnt
12-12-2013, 05:33 AM
that was an amazing episode, hooly sheetttt

- - - Updated - - -

link http://vodlocker.com/xp8iw09n1zdi

watch it u faggots oooommmgggg

Pimp of Pimps
12-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Man that was a good episode.

Especially that ending. Can't wait to see the Flash in action. Hopefully he'll feature in Arrow with powers.

It's kinda weird that Roy got injected. I mean, why? I hope he gets his strength removed somehow.

Seeing Deathstroke again was cool. And the fact that Oliver apparently beat him is crazy. I kinda dislike how much of a villain he's being though. He works for money, I was hoping they'd keep it that way.

And how will they have Oliver deal with all these powers and stuff? He's not Batman. I hope he goes on training and comes back better than ever.

Fecal Excrmnt
12-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Yeah i do hope he trains more and becomes better equipped to deal with these freaks

I think they gave Roy powers because I think they thought that it would be a better alternative than doing a rigorous training thing for him too. Although he would still need to learn how to use his powers and would need to train just as hard

Pimp of Pimps
12-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Maybe if it were mostly normals like before he wouldn't need much training, but now that we're dealing with legit superhumans he'll definitely need training.

What if this version of the miracuru is only temporary and they haven't realized it yet?

Flash should just train for a few weeks then go kick Slade's ass. Problem solved. Though I guess they'll probably be making Barry way slower than the comics.

Fecal Excrmnt
12-12-2013, 07:39 AM
another thing I wanted to add was that maybe they gave Roy powers because it would be a decent substitute for Ollie's island experience. Like Ollie became strong and shit from surviving on the island, but since they couldn't do something like that for Roy to make him stronger, they just gave him powers. Idk, just a guess.

they probably will have to nerf Barry a little in the Flash series

Spambot
12-12-2013, 11:43 PM
I wonder why Deathstroke wants to kill Oliver so bad. Did he go crazy?

Cake
12-13-2013, 06:09 AM
Started this today, hope i dont get too spoiled besides the flash thing but

I am happy I decided to start this with nice company <3

Fecal Excrmnt
12-13-2013, 06:16 AM
dont visit this thread often because it is riddled with spoilers

get caught up first

Cake
12-13-2013, 06:22 AM
I will ignore you and post my reactions.

Felicity cool chick btw.

Pimp of Pimps
12-13-2013, 06:42 AM
Actress is only 22 I heard.

Phoenix
12-14-2013, 04:19 AM
I'm all caught up.

I'm with you pops, I really want Roy to lose his powers. I've never liked his character.

Barry is soo freaking awesome. I'm guessing Deathstroke figures out that Leor gave Oliver a decision on who will die. Probably when he's about to kill Leol.

Pimp of Pimps
12-14-2013, 04:28 AM
Leor? You mean Ivo?

I'm hoping Roy tries to do shit on his own and eventually loses his powers, after which Oliver takes him in.

Pimp of Pimps
12-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Do you guys think Barry is going to appear again in Arrow this season?

Cake
12-18-2013, 03:11 AM
I am on episode 6

I WAS TOO EXCITED THEY USED THE ROYAL FLUSH GANG

OMG OMG <3

Pimp of Pimps
12-18-2013, 04:53 AM
Season one or two? I forget which one the gang appeared in.

Phoenix
12-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Did an episode come out on the 18th?

Pimp of Pimps
12-21-2013, 12:19 PM
No.

Jeanette
12-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Did an episode come out on the 18th?

It's on mid-season break, and will return on Jan 15 2014.

Cake
01-10-2014, 01:58 AM
3 episodes more and I finish season one :D

Also that huntress is a huge bitch.

Pimp of Pimps
01-10-2014, 01:59 AM
Still one season one?

Speed it up senorita.

Cake
01-10-2014, 02:01 AM
I watch it with bf, can't go solo pops.

Pimp of Pimps
01-17-2014, 03:22 AM
Who has seen the latest episode? Came out yesterday.

Man, that was a good episode. Especially that ending.

pajamas
01-17-2014, 05:10 AM
I've decided to pick up a new show, haven't really started anything that I've enjoyed since Breaking Bad ended. Am I in for a sweet ride? Bout to start ep 1 on Netflix.

Cake
01-17-2014, 05:40 AM
It's pretty good tbh.

Pimp of Pimps
01-17-2014, 05:41 AM
You won't regret it.

If you have good taste, that is.

Cake
01-17-2014, 05:42 AM
I honestly hate, a little, Oliver's character lol.

Pimp of Pimps
01-17-2014, 05:44 AM
He's socially stupid.

TheRealPandaMan
01-17-2014, 09:57 AM
The Flash <3

pajamas
01-18-2014, 05:00 PM
I just finished the first two episodes.

The teen drama shit is already annoying, please tell me they focus more on Arrow dealing with criminals and sway away from his sisters/ex's feelings. The writing and the entire atmosphere of the show feels exactly like Vampire Diaries, which I guess makes sense because they're on the same network, and that show was pretty shit. So hopefully it becomes more story driven and they leave this ABC-tier teen shit behind.

Diggle - A familiar face to me (Anton from Dexter). A perfect casting job with him, fits the part really well so far. I can see him finding out about Oliver and kinda teaming up with him, maybe in a Batman/Fox way, but now Fox can kick your ass. I don't know anything about this comic so bare with me.

All in all I'm going to wait it out, at least until the end of this season.

Pimp of Pimps
01-18-2014, 05:02 PM
The drama stuff gets much better down the line. Where the show is currently it's almost entirely about actual crime fighting, just give it some time.

Fecal Excrmnt
01-23-2014, 03:57 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAT EPISODE THO

- - - Updated - - -

http://vodlocker.com/kvcp4be6zqm9

Pimp of Pimps
01-24-2014, 03:00 AM
Damn, that was quite the episode.

Can't wait until Sebastian gets revealed for who he really is. Kinda stupid for Oliver to outright scrap him from the list of possibilities though.

Cake
01-24-2014, 03:56 AM
Oliver is stupid so you can't expect a lot.

TheRealPandaMan
01-24-2014, 09:43 PM
How is Roy gonna be a decent sidekick? Once he's got some training he'll be leagues above Oliver.

Pimp of Pimps
01-31-2014, 05:18 AM
How is Roy gonna be a decent sidekick? Once he's got some training he'll be leagues above Oliver.

The guy took down Slade, Roy ain't shit. I get the feeling he's going to lose his strength soon anyway.

Who has seen the new episode?

TheRealPandaMan
01-31-2014, 07:40 AM
The guy took down Slade, Roy ain't shit. I get the feeling he's going to lose his strength soon anyway.

Who has seen the new episode?

Meeee.

Pimp of Pimps
02-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Anyone seen the latest episode?

Phoenix
02-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Link

Pimp of Pimps
02-08-2014, 09:15 PM
http://billionuploads.com/0r4bow9wz85b

Pimp of Pimps
02-28-2014, 12:06 AM
Who has seen yesterday's episode? I plan on watching it tonight, hope it's good.

Makenzye
02-28-2014, 12:09 AM
I haven't been able to get past my dislike of Green Arrow to try this show.

How good would you say this show is?

Pimp of Pimps
02-28-2014, 12:10 AM
Eh, 8/10 but I have low standards. Pretty good show, definitely doesn't follow the comics which is sometimes bad sometimes good.

Makenzye
02-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Sounds good if you ask me. Because I can barely stand the guy there.

Pimp of Pimps
02-28-2014, 12:13 AM
He wasn't that great at the start, he's decent now though imo.

Makenzye
02-28-2014, 12:13 AM
Just never have been able to like him.

Maybe it's beard jealousy. Well, at least pre-New 52.

Raystlyn
02-28-2014, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't get used to a live action Green Arrow. He kicked ass in Injustice and Leage of Legends for Xbox, I don't want that image of him in videogames ruined by a mediocre TV show :LOS

Phoenix
02-28-2014, 12:52 AM
Link.

Pimp of Pimps
02-28-2014, 01:04 AM
Link.

http://billionuploads.com/cyght5lme38p

Fecal Excrmnt
02-28-2014, 01:27 AM
holy jeebus laurel is a huge bithch

TheRealPandaMan
02-28-2014, 01:44 AM
FLASH WHERE ARE YOUUUUU

Pimp of Pimps
02-28-2014, 01:51 AM
That ending. :argh

Nova
02-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Caught up

Pimp of Pimps
02-28-2014, 02:02 AM
holy jeebus laurel is a huge bithch

Yeah. Hope she dies or leaves or something. She's too much of a threat to Sara's character.

Nova
02-28-2014, 11:23 AM
sara looks like a crackwhore before the crack. Yes thats my reason for not liking her

fyninja
02-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Planning to watch it later. Like a marathon, starting from pilot episode. Cause I need new series to watch and someone recommended & said it's a cool show.

fyninja
02-28-2014, 07:53 PM
I am liking the show so far. Got me hooked and just finish episode 8.

Phoenix
03-01-2014, 06:18 AM
This episode was corny and predictable.

Pimp of Pimps
03-01-2014, 06:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7mzb5GirZY

Gatuzo
03-01-2014, 11:15 AM
What is it about?

Phoenix
03-06-2014, 02:37 AM
link

Fecal Excrmnt
03-06-2014, 02:49 AM
i hate the way you post that self-entitled "Link" bullshit like we should present it at your feet

fuck yourself and find it yourself you piece of shit cockstain

- - - Updated - - -

pops if you give him a link i swear to god

Phoenix
03-06-2014, 03:04 AM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Eyebrow-Raise-Of-Fighting-Expressions.gif

0-0 nothing new. Always fucking whining like a little bitch, I don't see anyone else complaining. I actually reward the person who post's the link by giving them rep. No ones forcing you to post the link.

Also, can you please quote my post where I said "FE post the link"?

- - - Updated - - -

i hate the way you post that self-entitled "Link" bullshit like we should present it at your feet

fuck yourself and find it yourself you piece of shit cockstain

- - - Updated - - -

pops if you give him a link i swear to god

@Pimp of Pimps :giogio Don't listen to this dumb slut.

Fecal Excrmnt
03-06-2014, 03:07 AM
i dont need your shit rep power reward

and no, you didn't say "FE post link?" because that would actually be kind of polite. you simply state "Link." like a self-entitled bitch that people should do things for.

fuck you

Phoenix
03-06-2014, 03:18 AM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/What-Are-You-Stupid-Robert-De-Niro-In-Goodfellas.gif

I wasn't planning on giving you any rep. Even if you posted the link, I wouldn't rep your gay ass. Matter of fact, I wouldn't even say thank you.

I'll be sure to say please next time :maybenot.

Pimp of Pimps
03-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Go to icefilms.com and search for Arrow

Phoenix
03-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Thank you.

weixiaobao
03-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Agree on Laurel, kinda want to punch her in the face couple of time. But Oliver Queen is pretty selfish through 2 seasons also. This show does have a lot of fan services for woman (which I don't mind at all). Kinda wish there are some fan service when the Flash was on. And although I don't watch glee, wasn't that the evil gay dude on there.

Phoenix
03-07-2014, 12:41 AM
This show has a ton of fanservice.

The new girl who just joined the group. Whenever she puts on the costume we can see her boobs.

Pimp of Pimps
03-07-2014, 04:14 AM
Tis episode was pretty good. One of the better ones recently.

Pimp of Pimps
03-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Is there a new episode next week?

VICE
03-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Is there a new episode next week?
it seems CW is having a break for both supernatural and arrow.... they should continue normally next week

Pimp of Pimps
03-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Cool. anyone know when this season ends? Seems like it's gonna come to a close soon.

I'm just crossing my fingers that Sara doesn't die.

Pimp of Pimps
03-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Who has seen the latest episode? Pretty decent imo even though it was just a set-up episode.

Fecal Excrmnt
03-25-2014, 12:47 PM
david ramsey has a perpetually chubby face no matter how fit he is

anyone notice this lol

Pimp of Pimps
03-26-2014, 02:34 AM
Never noticed that. Weird.

do you guys think Oliver knows Amanda Waller from the island? It seems they are already aquatinted.

X
03-27-2014, 03:06 AM
I watched an episode of this and was pretty disappointed in the way Katie Cassidy looks. She was pretty much the only reason I watched an episode. She went to looking like this:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=YC9W0xoAu5-WYM&tbnid=seMDyrPRE6UTXM:&ved=0CAUQjBw4JA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages1.fanpop.com%2Fimages%2Fpho tos%2F2200000%2Fthe-kids-are-alright-katie-cassidy-2223523-1280-720.jpg&ei=IZUzU_3LMJOMyAHR3ICABQ&psig=AFQjCNEIPN_lkRnLNvyXiUByea5etTewHQ&ust=1395975841840831

To this:

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/44/618x437/ustv-arrow-crucible-katie-cassidy.jpg

So much make up and no more roughness to her look.

Spambot
03-27-2014, 03:38 AM
I dislike that they make Slade too superhuman.

Makenzye
03-27-2014, 03:53 AM
Just how powerful is he? In the comics, Slade is quite the powerful character as far as street level types go.

Pimp of Pimps
03-27-2014, 03:53 AM
He punched through a guy.

Makenzye
03-27-2014, 03:55 AM
That's about right.

You guys realize he's supposed to be ten times more powerful than a human, and can effortlessly fight off Batman AND Nightwing at the same time?

Don't let Z pump up Batman so much in your eyes.

Guy can shoot a Flash in the knee.

Makenzye
03-31-2014, 02:18 PM
So since I've heard good things here and Netflix literally gave me a 5 out of 5 star recommendation based on my other preferences I have decided to start this show.

I've only seen the first two episodes and I can see what most of the hype is about. Like any CW show it has spectacular and visual backgrounds, particularly with Oliver's home, his base, and any party scene he goes to. Everybody is pretty in the show, and there are tons of shout outs to DC comics history which hint toward the future: Deathstroke's mask, Dinah Lance, Merlyn, and Queen Industries.

In the first two episodes, the handling of character interaction and dynamics mostly work. The only real complaint I have is the little sister/big brother dynamic. Thea (think I got that right) has a large adoration of her bigger brother, but is just as happy to treat him like crap. It's sort of explained a little bit in the second episode about how her memory of her brother is somehow more relatable to her actual living brother due to parallels in their lives before he went to the island. Also, the teasing with Laurel (fuck it, I'm calling her Dinah) and Oliver seems a little forced. In two episodes, I've seen them fight like three or four times now and it feels like it dominates a bit too much of the personal drama of the show. Especially the inclusion of the Merlyn/Dinah relationship feels a little early to be pumped in the series which is clearly trying to set up a rekindling of the Dinah/Oliver relationship. I feel it might have been better if they paced the fight and recovery cycle out a bit more, or had Dinah outright hate him for a few more episodes and then have the revelation of the relationship with Merlyn. It just feels like too much too soon. Moira Queen (played by Susanna Thompson) is very smartly played, and the quick revelation of her involvement with the darker aspects of the show was actually surprising to me for some reason despite the fact it should be blatantly obvious she would be somewhat tied into it via her late husband.

In short, I actually like the series so far. But I can't shake the feeling that the name originally on the front of the title was meant to be "BATMAN." I'm sure it's been said before but the fingerprints of Batman are all over this show, and it's not a bad thing. As much as I don't normally like the Green Arrow, I'm enjoying the direction of this show so far. It just sucks I didn't catch up before the start of the second season, because I'll now have to wait for it to hit Netflix before I can enjoy it most likely.

Fecal Excrmnt
03-31-2014, 02:30 PM
you could watch s2 online at watchseries.to/serie/arrow

Makenzye
03-31-2014, 02:34 PM
you could watch s2 online at watchseries.to/serie/arrow

I don't care what anybody says about you, FE. You're a good man. :cry

Pimp of Pimps
04-01-2014, 02:17 AM
Agreed with Mak about the show giving a lot more of a Batman vibe than a Green Arrow vibe. Lots of the villains are Batman villains too.

I do kinda wish they'd make Oliver more of a joker.

Makenzye
04-01-2014, 02:34 AM
Does he stay this intense for a while more into the series?

Makenzye
04-01-2014, 04:41 PM
So I've gotten to Vendetta. When I first heard the name Bertinelli, I immediately connected the shooter chick as Helena the Huntress, which made me swoon. :maybe

Getting through the series so far, it feels more and more like Batman's name is whited out at the top of the page with "Green Arrow" written in Sharpie above it. I say it because pretty much every villain is a Batman villain so far. It's not to say GA hasn't fought these characters before, it's just they're predominantly Batman. Also every character seems to be related in a Batman fashion somehow, and Green Arrow's personality and disappearing tricks are distinctly Batmanesque. Laurel? Rachel from the movies. Felicity? It seems her role is expanding, and she's basically Barbara Gordan as the Oracle with all her tech whiz. Digs is basically more ass kicking Alfred. Unless I'm missing a few characters in my memory from the GA mythos, this is an adaptation of Batman. As for Felicity, I assume she'll become their IT, info, and networking source.

But going back to the villains, I'm a little dissapointed with some of them. I get the fact GA has to have a chance to survive and they need names to bring in the crowd, but they should've used some lesser characters because when I found out Adam Hurt's bodyguard was CONSTANTINE DRAKON, and Ollie beat him as he did? I cringed. I cringed just as hard as when I saw Deadshot miss a few marks.

Makenzye
04-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Got to "Burned" last night.

So I'll start with "Year's End." Not a bad episode with Oliver trying to recapture his past to some degree with a Christmas party, and seeing it also as a way to help mend ties with his family to himself and each other. The flashback to the Fyers trap (loved him in Dragon's Blood) had no real place in the episode, but showed how Oliver is growing in both trust and with a willingness to do what it takes to survive. The introduction of the other archer felt a little weird because it just seems odd such a powerful group would coincidentally also use an archer (even if it is one of them) to "silence" their problems even though they have access to so much better. Also, I liked the part where Oliver busted in on his younger sister getting it on with her...boyfriend? The kid's role is never described, but the reactions from all were priceless.

All in all, not a bad episode. Action was decent, setup was good, and the acting wasn't bad. It wasn't as fun as Vendetta (especially with Oliver shooting the ball right out of Helena's hand), and it seemed to be focused on the on again/off again sibiling tension between Thea and Oliver which the show can't make a decision on.

Burned wasn't much better to me. While I'm a huge fan of Firefly and wished I got more the pyromaniac, the vengeful firefighter killing his old team wasn't bad. It also wasn't the focus of the episode so I didn't mind too much. Merlyn steps up to the plate, albeit a little forcefully while Oliver has retreated into his own self doubt after his crushing loss to Merlyn Sr. The episode had a heavy focus on basically pushing Oliver to get past this roadblock and back into his dirty ass clothes and bow to fight crime and do well by his father's wishes. Laurel's father also continues to go against his "LAW IS RIGHT!!" creed by bugging his daughter's connection to the Hood. I didn't really care for this episode as it was just an obligatory episode for the hero to stand again despite crushing odds.

However... I got a glimpse of the next episode's name, "Vertigo." I'm excited and apprehensive. I'm excited because we FINALLY GET A NON BATMAN CHARACTER in the show other than Green Arrow himself. Vertigo is actually a Green Arrow villain/related character. Huntress, Firefly, Slade, Deadshot, and the Royal Flush Gang are all Batman characters. Hell, Laurel's father is basically Year One pre-Commissioner Gordon and his daughter is destined to become Batgirl Black Canary. I take it back, China White is also a Green Arrow character. I guess 1 out of 4 isn't too bad. I'm worried because I have no clue how they'll incorporate his powers against Oliver. I get the feeling it won't really be Count Vertigo with his abilities to induce Vertigo, but it will either be a drug or machine Vertigo uses to commit crime or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Shizz, I forgot I did see the next episode after, "Trust but Verify." When I heard the name Ted Gaynor, my girlfriend rolled her eyes because me and the program said "Blackhawk" together. I even did their little "Hawk-AAAAAA!" cry.

This episode was nice because it took away from the heavy focus of drama and depression Ollie's family has and places the light on Diggle and his past a bit more. What was sort of funny was not even five episodes ago Diggle was telling Ollie how he needed to keep his personal feelings out of the matter of pursuit of justice, and he goes and tells Ollie to basically screw off Gaynor's case because Diggle knew him better despite the list being infallible so far and the distance/time spent apart from Gaynor on Dig's behalf. Sort of like how Ollie knew Helena was a good guy even though Dig pointed out Ollie's love plane was riddled with holes. :maybe

Gaynor is revealed, Diggle learns to trust Ollie, Ollie for some reason apologizes to Dig, we get the "surprise" reveal that Celestial Archer is working with Fyers despite the fact we know by now this is a complete setup.

I really wish they would have just made one episode dedicated to the island and get it over with. I know it helps break up the episodes, but they feel so disjointed. This flashback has really been the only one which fit in with the rest of the episode.

And no, I don't mind the Blackhawks changed from kick-ass airplane pilots who came just in the nick of time to Blackwater mercenaries so much. Artistic license and all.

And for the record, Blackhawk's aren't Batman related either, so... I need to add one more to the list.

Makenzye
04-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Watched "Vertigo," "Betrayal," "The Odyssey," and "Dodger."

I was a little disappointed with Vertigo, because I really wanted to see the Count in something resembling his powers. This was just some sort of "Look at me, I'm weird" drug dealer. The highlights of the episode were the Russian Mob guys, Oliver fake killing the other guy, and the Hood dosing the Count with his own juice in a form of dark justice. We get to see Oliver starting to crack with his family, when all of his good intentions just basically get spit back in the face of, and how his family would rather cling to their superficial lives than anything else. He sees the petty nature and it damages him on the soul. So the drama actually worked better than in previous episodes. Also, I would've just shook my head at Thea for her crap and said, "Enjoy prison. I hear beatings are what they do for fun." But Oliver is a better man than me.

"Betrayal" focused on Oliver, Dig, and Moira, and how Dig didn't trust Moira but Oliver did and the entire cycle of blindness to personal relationships AGAIN. They've done two episodes on this already and they're barely halfway through the season. I like how Dig can pull his own espionage and come out looking cooler for it than Oliver can with Felicity. Detective Lance really screws the pooch by using his daughter as unsuspecting bait and assaults the meeting set up between Laurel and the Hood. What I'm starting to really dislike is just how "hardline" Det. Lance is and how overly aggressive he is until it no longer suits him. He's all about the law, then is happy to use the Arrow to get what he wants. Then he's all about the law and illegally wiretaps his daughter's phone and tries to turn it on her. Then he basically begs the Arrow for help to save the daughter he himself help put in danger and then basically goes right back to wanting the Arrow pretty much dead. It grinds a little bit, and I wish he were either more flexible or less. I want to see character growth in some way that doesn't come off as a rubber band. Villain was forgettable, and Laurel proves she's just as bad as her father about lying about important stuff. Merlyn proves he's easily the most grown character by seeing past Laurel's crap and is genuinely happy for her survival, putting other things into the past. Show ends of a cliffhanger as Oliver confronts his mother as the Arrow.

"The Odyssey" starts where "Betrayal" left off with Arrow confronting his mother, who uses her son and daughter as a plea to the Hood as the children already lost their father. She doesn't know it's Oliver, so she is sort of surprised it worked. When the Hood promises to not hurt her, she surprises him by shooting him. This episode then deals with Oliver's recovery and his flashbacks to the island where he's training and plotting with no other than Slade Wilson. Oliver recovers, they add IT girl Felicity to their crew for the temporary time being, blah blah blah. This episode really just served to bridge from where Oliver went from weakling on the island to survivor. The flashback was definitely the more important part other than the fact that Oliver forces Dig to stand down from his mother, claiming Moira was just defending herself. We are also introduced to Shado in the flashback as the reason Oliver's original savior works for Fyers. She's his daughter and not the badass from the comics, but whatevs.

"Dodger" was more villain of the week with a thief who attaches bombs to people and forces them to steal for him. The main driving point of the episode is to again witness the growth of Oliver on the island as he cares for his new friend Slade and must leave another survivor behind in fear of betrayal or a trap. Other than that, not much else happens. Less drama in this episode than before as it tries to focus on present Ollie trying to grow and be happy again by dating a detective.

So while the episodes weren't bad, some things cropped up I just don't like about the series: Indecisive drama which is finally starting to even out, Det. Lance who can't get his shit together or find a tone, the flashbacks to the island working between the filler (or being filler), and this new teammate Felicity. She's not really all that smart in any way other than convenient, just too full of herself, and her double entendre isn't anywhere near as comment worthy as she thinks it is. I get she's supposed to be the hip/edgy girl who also provides much needed dramatic relief for the show, but I can't help but cringe at her appearances sometimes. Oracle, you are not.

Makenzye
04-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Finally got through the rest of this first season, and it was actually pretty good in some ways and bad in others. Eight episodes in one night was a little hard, so please bear with me. lol

Deadshot was back (squee! :maybe), which was clever. Deadshot's MO in this is curare laced bullets which administer death without quick treatment. Deadshot shoots Malcom Merlyn (Tommy's dad and the Dark Archer) and Oliver tries to help out the father and son but must reveal his identity to get Tommy to believe his help is genuine. Tommy covers for Oliver, but the seeds of distrust are sown.

Huntress is back, a more lethal vigilante shows up, Vertigo shows up in a more lethal form with a twist, Deadshot shows up again (:iria) but only really serves to separate Oliver and Dig as Oliver chooses to defend Laurel than help Dig in his revenge, Walter is rescued and the Undertaking happens (sort of).

It seems the entire season originally had Oliver reattaching to people, bringing them to him, then spent a good chunk of the season having him push them away from himself. Most notably with Dig and Tommy. While he recovers with Dig by burying his pride at a couple points to appease Dig, he never truly recovers from Tommy. Granted a good chunk of this is Tommy's fault, but Oliver doesn't necessarily help matters when he basically refuses a small request from Laurel to tell Tommy she loves him and Oliver doesn't love Laurel for "truth reasons." For someone so built up and completely solid, Oliver came off pretty crappy there and it just led to Tommy watching the two former (and now current) lovers having sex from the street when he came by to repair his relationship under Oliver's advice. What I didn't see coming was Tommy dying. I figured Malcom would die and Tommy would basically undergo a process like Oliver to replace the Dark Archer and see his father as his father saw himself. Instead both died in the same episode. While I wasn't the biggest fan of this, I felt Tommy was developing and darkening WAAAAY too fast for the first season and wasn't sure where they would go with him aside from outright villainy. Apparently the writers felt death was much more appropriate, and I actually appreciate this one much better because this removes any sort of weird Tommy/Oliver/Laurel guilt love triangle later on.

Now to the second season!

Pimp of Pimps
04-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Just saw the latest episode. Pretty good.

Makenzye
04-18-2014, 02:07 PM
The one with Deathstroke?

Pimp of Pimps
04-18-2014, 02:11 PM
The one with Deathstroke?

Are you caught up yet?

Makenzye
04-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Are you caught up yet?

Not all the way. I didn't catch most of the first part but I've seen some of the more recent episodes. I don't mind the spoilers to be honest, so if you want to post them with a spoiler tag or something that's fine.

Pimp of Pimps
04-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Oh, alright.

So basically this episode there was a lot of back and forth between Slade and Oliver in the present. My favorite parts of the episode were when Diggle shot Isabel, those two shooting Slade and Lance telling his daughter why he doesn't want to know who the Arrow is. But now Slade has an entire army.

I know it's not going to happen, but I really want Barry to sweep through and just wreck Slade for a couple of minutes. Or Batman to come through and show Slade that even a 'normal' guy can be pretty dangerous.

Pimp of Pimps
04-19-2014, 04:48 AM
Actually, when I think about it it was kinda PIS that the crew didn't do more to Slade when he entered the Arrow Cave. I mean, Oliver has gotten Slade a few times with his gadgets and that place is full of those things. diggle could have went for one of the really big guns, Oliver could have gone for that venom or a bomb or something, sara could have tried putting the sonic thing to his ear etc.

Makenzye
04-19-2014, 05:06 AM
Yeah, I noticed in the first season there was just some pretty coincidental idiocy among some characters. I figure that will plague the show to keep the drama active.

Phoenix
04-19-2014, 05:14 AM
I need to watch the last 3/4 episodes.

Pimp of Pimps
04-19-2014, 05:16 AM
They really weaken Oliver a lot to further the plot, both mentally and physically. Sometimes he's shown to be a super genius one step ahead of everyone and other times he's shown to be pretty much the dumbest guy on the block. We're meant to believe he basically took down Slade before, but this past episode Slade is shown to be so far above him it's insane. We've seen Oliver take on a superhuman one on one with regular arrows and basically destroying the guy with some needle falling on him being the only reason he lost. But now we're supposed to believe that he can't fight Slade for, say, 30 seconds or so? Come on. I mean if you're gonna make the guy a Batman rip off then do it right. Have him use his trick arrows whenever he can, have him showcase amazing skill, show his tactical skills etc.

Anyway, I'm hoping Slade loses his powers and then him and Oliver duke it out one on one. Slade can always get a diluted version of the serum later or something.

Pimp of Pimps
04-29-2014, 03:40 AM
Who has seen the latest episode?

Makenzye
04-30-2014, 04:08 AM
It was sad to see Moira go the way she did right after admitting she knew here son was the Green Arrow. But I'm more curious if this child Oliver has is named Damien Wayne is going to become plot relevant in the future.

It's good to see Stroke operating at the higher level he should be, but you know either Ollie is going to have to take the drug and use the antidote later and basically kill Slade, or Slade is going to have to get nerfed hard somehow.

I also want to see Lady Shiva in the next season.

Pimp of Pimps
05-05-2014, 10:10 PM
It was sad to see Moira go the way she did right after admitting she knew here son was the Green Arrow. But I'm more curious if this child Oliver has is named Damien Wayne is going to become plot relevant in the future.

It's good to see Stroke operating at the higher level he should be, but you know either Ollie is going to have to take the drug and use the antidote later and basically kill Slade, or Slade is going to have to get nerfed hard somehow.

I also want to see Lady Shiva in the next season.

Do you think it might be Connor?

Pretty sure Slade is going to get cured, at least partially. I actually don't like how strong Slade is, I feel it's be more believable if Slade was maybe half as strong as he is now.

Oh man, that'd be crazy. I hope she stomps Oliver.

Makenzye
05-05-2014, 10:29 PM

Pretty sure Slade is going to get cured, at least partially. I actually don't like how strong Slade is, I feel it's be more believable if Slade was maybe half as strong as he is now.

Yeah. If Shiva shows Conner is going to have an extremely hard time with her.

I get a feeling that for the show Deathstroke is going to either suffer a power downgrade either permanent or temporary, because there is no way Deathstroke can keep going around like he is and have even the Arrow team reasonably beat him at this point.

I sort of get the feeling the kid is going to be Conner. Conner's his kid in DC (pre-Flashpoint) so it would make the most sense. But honestly I would have liked it more if it weren't, and we got a ridiculously awesome ass kicker showing up who would more or less bridge the gap between Oliver and Slade. In fact, DC wise pre-Flashpoint Conner might have been one of the top 3 martial artists in DC following only Richard Dragon (who he pretty much stalemated) and Lady Shiva (who he also pretty much stalemated), with Dragon considered slightly edging her out. This would make him even skilled than Batman, Nightwing, and Slade. But we won't see that, because introducing a character like him to the fold would probably break the story pretty hard.

Makenzye
05-05-2014, 10:57 PM

I should also mention it might be Roy who ultimately downs Slade and gets depowered after.

Pimp of Pimps
05-07-2014, 03:17 AM
I should also mention it might be Roy who ultimately downs Slade and gets depowered after.

Kind of doubt that, he's way to insane right now. And I mean, there's way too much of a skill, power and experience gap even if he wasn't insane. most he could do is hold Slade down for a few second while Oliver pulls some stunt.

What do you think about oliver administering Slade the cure, but it only weakens him since he's has the mirakuru in his system for so long? That way he can remain a villain but he doesn't have to be 75 levels above Oliver.

Makenzye
05-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Kind of doubt that, he's way to insane right now. And I mean, there's way too much of a skill, power and experience gap even if he wasn't insane. most he could do is hold Slade down for a few second while Oliver pulls some stunt.

What do you think about oliver administering Slade the cure, but it only weakens him since he's has the mirakuru in his system for so long? That way he can remain a villain but he doesn't have to be 75 levels above Oliver.

I just figure Roy might play a very prominent part in things, though you are right with his insanity and violence making it nearly impossible to overcome the more in control and skilled Wilson.

But I would like to see Slade brought down because I'd hate to see this show ass pull the fight between Slade and Oliver. As it stands now, Deathstroke (though played true to form) is far too powerful for any individual or group of individuals to claim victory against and especially so since Slade is building an army. Just above Oliver would provide the correct amount of challenge while at the same time making it look believable that Oliver's skill and determination could overcome Slade. I prefer the "weakened cure" idea quite a bit. I hope they use it.

Pimp of Pimps
05-09-2014, 04:02 PM
That last episode. :o