1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Poisoner

Poisoner selects a team mate to be backup poisoner at the start of the game

1 Town Cop
1 Town Poisoner
1 Town Healer, x1 BPV
1 Back up Poisoner
6 Vanilla Townies

A variation of a standard poison game, to help ensure the poison mechanic remains in the game longer.

1. Umber
2. Nekochako
3. Doflamihawk
4. X
5. Aether
6. Allara
7. Leducobu
8. sheepsaysmeep
9. Juan
10. Finalbeta
11. Ink Spot
12. Crispy
13. Avito

Sub:

Ratchet

Umber
03-23-2018, 09:31 PM
In

Neko
03-23-2018, 09:34 PM
Absolutely in.

Ultra
03-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Juan; X; Aether; Zu; Great Potato; Crispickle; Ink Spot; Flow; Avalon;

Finalbeta
03-23-2018, 09:42 PM
In.

Crispickle
03-23-2018, 09:56 PM
weren't you done with hosting

Ultra
03-23-2018, 09:58 PM
weren't you done with hosting

This is low commitment and nobody else is stepping up

Crispickle
03-23-2018, 10:00 PM
This is low commitment and nobody else is stepping up

if you want to play you can give me the roles and i'll take care of hosting this i guess

Ultra
03-23-2018, 10:04 PM
if you want to play you can give me the roles and i'll take care of hosting this i guess

bolid

do you know what an open set up is

the roles are in the OP.

but thanks for the offer, guess I'll sign myself up :maybe

I'll post the specific role pms of each up later.

Crispickle
03-23-2018, 10:07 PM
bolid

do you know what an open set up is

the roles are in the OP.

but thanks for the offer, guess I'll sign myself up :maybe

I'll post the specific role pms of each up later.

it's a bunch of scribbles as far as i'm concerned

what i meant is you're sparing me the effort of looking them up if you want me to host

Finalbeta
03-23-2018, 10:28 PM
Did you sign yourself up instead of me? :hmm

Juan
03-23-2018, 10:31 PM
> me playing vanilla mafia

> vanilla mafia

https://www.narutoforums.org/styles/nf/icons/V4xJW6d.png

Aether
03-23-2018, 10:38 PM
In

Zu
03-23-2018, 10:47 PM
No thanks.

X
03-23-2018, 11:07 PM
IN

Ultra
03-24-2018, 02:03 AM
> me playing vanilla mafia

> vanilla mafia

https://www.narutoforums.org/styles/nf/icons/V4xJW6d.png

is your IQ not high enough :maybe

- - - Updated - - -

No thanks.

negged tbqh

- - - Updated - - -

Did you sign yourself up instead of me? :hmm

I'll let you play if we absolutely need you

Juan
03-24-2018, 02:34 AM

- - - Updated - - -

negged tbqh

- - - Updated - - -

you're not gonna get me to play by taunting me ultra, I'm not Ava :mj

Ultra
03-24-2018, 02:41 AM
you're not gonna get me to play by taunting me ultra, I'm not Ava :mj

It was just a meme - I know you're not a dumb player.

There's a tendency for the "high IQ" players who are REALLY into mafia to move towards vanilla stuff though - on Mafiauniverse a popular set up is called "Mountainous", an 11 town vs 2 mafia set up with absolutely no abilities.

These sort of set ups are like an overcooked piece of meat. Same thing with your typical cop/doc set up. Interesting roles are important to have because they naturally create discussion and discussion leads to players attacking each other and information being gained.

I think vanilla games have good potential to be interesting though, because when you have a role madness game, all of the lesser players pretty much commit nothing and let the role play for them. Vanilla games sort of force you to commit more.

But poison in particular is interesting because it essentially adds a psuedo 2nd lynch to the day, you have to deliberate on who should be saved, who the mafia's target was vs town's target, who is mafia based on their appeals to the healer, etc.

These set ups also allows for more scrupulous planning as mafia, you can truly go ham if you know what you're doing because you know exactly what to expect and can't get cucked by some unforseen features.

Juan
03-24-2018, 02:47 AM
It was just a meme - I know you're not a dumb player.

I think vanilla games can be interesting though, because when you have a role madness game, all of the lesser players pretty much commit nothing and let the role play for them. Vanilla games sort of force you to commit more.

That being said most varieties are like an overcooked piece of meat, like your typical cop/doc set up. But poison is interesting because it essentially adds a psuedo 2nd lynch to the day, you have to deliberate on who should be saved, who the mafia's target was vs town's target, who is mafia based on their appeals to the healer, etc.

These set ups also allows for more scrupulous planning as mafia, you can truly go ham if you know what you're doing because you know exactly what to expect and can't get cucked by some unforseen features.

I see where you're coming from, but I honestly find role madness more thrilling for those exact reasons, you don't know what's coming, so you gotta be on the lookout for more than everything.

it's the feeling of being on edge and in the dark that really draws me into mafia, and vanilla can't really give that, imo.

Ultra
03-24-2018, 02:58 AM
I see where you're coming from, but I honestly find role madness more thrilling for those exact reasons, you don't know what's coming, so you gotta be on the lookout for more than everything.

it's the feeling of being on edge and in the dark that really draws me into mafia, and vanilla can't really give that, imo.

That's a good point as well. The problem is that with role madness - even well constructed ones, the on edge/in the dark element stays within the game's abilities/roles, and not so much on the surface. Vanilla games are the opposite - as mafia in particular you're thinking twice as hard about how to dodge this lynch, how to set someone up, how to present yourself against an informed town, and that can be pretty fulfilling.

Being town in a vanilla game might be a little more boring the less abilities you have, but it makes you better at the game. Look no further than town's last performance to see that it's important to have the basics of communication and identifying your fellow townies down or else everything just gets fucked.

Even rolling vanilla townie can sometimes be fun because you can play like an absolute madman and have no fear of doing gambits and other shit.

I think the best balance is a role madness game on the lighter side

pizzadust
03-24-2018, 04:46 AM
Allara

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 03:12 PM

- - - Updated - - -

negged tbqh

- - - Updated - - -

This forum isn't active enough for you to have any choice

Ultra
03-24-2018, 03:15 PM
This forum isn't active enough for you to have any choice

Nice try

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 03:24 PM
Nice try

It's the truth though. 5 sign ups in more than a day and it's a game of yours. It will take more than a week to fill that list, not even counting subs.

Not my fault if you didn't make the whole NF join here. You missed a chance so far :Y

A
03-24-2018, 03:31 PM
I'll have to decline.

No interest in mafia anymore tbh.

Best of luck Ultra.

:void

Ultra
03-24-2018, 04:02 PM
I'll have to decline.

Best of luck Ultra.

You always say this and its never true, can't tell if you're making fun of your self or you got an addiction that you can't stop :lmao

- - - Updated - - -

It's the truth though. 5 sign ups in more than a day and it's a game of yours. It will take more than a week to fill that list, not even counting subs.

Not my fault if you didn't make the whole NF join here. You missed a chance so far :Y

First, you're not going to make the difference anyway if we have less than half the needed players currently signed up.

2nd, give it another day or two.

3rd, if activity is really declining, the solution would not be to let you back in, which would only decrease the quality of the game and make players further disinterested.

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 04:50 PM
You always say this and its never true, can't tell if you're making fun of your self or you got an addiction that you can't stop :lmao

- - - Updated - - -

First, you're not going to make the difference anyway if we have less than half the needed players currently signed up.

2nd, give it another day or two.

3rd, if activity is really declining, the solution would not be to let you back in, which would only decrease the quality of the game and make players further disinterested.

Bitch I won 2 games out of the last 2 and don't even try to bring up stuff like "OJ is full of ppl like you" because it ain't this way. OJ people are about TMF people level of mafia

In fact I won few games in here when I played seriously. It's just a matter of dedication

And anyway bringing new life to the forum would be at your advantage too

Juan
03-24-2018, 04:51 PM
I'll have to decline.

Best of luck Ultra.

nigga you're playing on NF :thisguy

A
03-24-2018, 04:53 PM
nigga you're playing on NF :thisguy

no im not, i clearly haven't posted in that game in awhile :thisguy

Juan
03-24-2018, 04:55 PM

then tell iwan to swap my role with yours because mine fucking sucks

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 04:56 PM
I promise I won't talk about that site with you anymore mate. You can remove me from ignore.

I even left AF since I wasn't managing to get back and it was useless to keep up with the group.

So I'll just try to forget from now on because all I did never worked.

A
03-24-2018, 04:57 PM

:ava

alright

- - - Updated - - -

you should also PM him as well btw

Schnarf
03-24-2018, 05:00 PM
wow ultra getting shit on by finalbeta in his own thread, how the mighty have fallen

A
03-24-2018, 05:02 PM
I promise I won't talk about that site with you anymore mate. You can remove me from ignore.

I even left AF since I wasn't managing to get back and it was useless to keep up with the group.

So I'll just try to forget from now on because all I did never worked.

I don't have you on ignore lol.

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 05:07 PM
I don't have you on ignore lol.

Good. The NF chapter is over for me. I will never stop thinking about it probably but at least I'll stop harassing people about it. It's a pity that the admins are so braindead they couldn't understand I've changed but I can't fight forever so that's it.

Looking forward to your game. I hope it will start soon. I'll play it nicely.

Juan
03-24-2018, 05:08 PM

alright

- - - Updated - - -

you should also PM him as well btw

wait are you scum :fry

A
03-24-2018, 05:10 PM
Good. The NF chapter is over for me. I will never stop thinking about it probably but at least I'll stop harassing people about it. It's a pity that the admins are so braindead they couldn't understand I've changed but I can't fight forever so that's it.

Looking forward to your game. I hope it will start soon. I'll play it nicely.

My game is cancelled. I just said I have no interest in mafia lol.

Only one who is hosting games these days is Ultra, and it looks like Ultra won't let you play any of his games...so no TMF mafia for you.

:heston

- - - Updated - - -

wait are you scum :fry

my man im not gonna disrespect dr. white by discussing his game outside of his thread

i sent him and iwan a PM saying "can i be replaced? or can jccb have my role"

you should send him a similar PM and then u can see my role for yourself

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 05:17 PM
My game is cancelled. I just said I have no interest in mafia lol.

Only one who is hosting games these days is Ultra, and it looks like Ultra won't let you play any of his games...so no TMF mafia for you.

:negro

What about an NF migration? That forum is old as fuck. I'm pretty sure everyone would like a change. I'm talking about starting a new forum. It was proposed last year but nothing happened even given how lazy Mbxx is.

And you can tell the admins I'm going to fucking pay every bill. So it will be gratis for them as long as I'm given a chance.

Otherwise I hope you will start new games here soon mate.

OJ is cool but nothing special.

A
03-24-2018, 05:19 PM
Good. The NF chapter is over for me.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c0ruHxX7r3M/maxresdefault.jpg

:negro

What about an NF migration? That forum is old as fuck. I'm pretty sure everyone would like a change. I'm talking about starting a new forum. It was proposed last year but nothing happened even given how lazy Mbxx is.

And you can tell the admins I'm going to fucking pay every bill. So it will be gratis for them as long as I'm given a chance.

Otherwise I hope you will start new games here soon mate.

OJ is cool but nothing special.

pizzadust
03-24-2018, 05:21 PM
If high iq players play vanilla, than where is nika?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice try

sign me up

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 05:22 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c0ruHxX7r3M/maxresdefault.jpg

I must at least find another welcoming place first

A
03-24-2018, 05:24 PM
I must at least find another welcoming place first

Back on ignore since u cant shut up about nf :hey

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 05:26 PM
Back on ignore since u cant shut up about nf :hey

Ok forgive me this was my last time. I'll just try to sign up here and I'll deal with not being eventually accepted.

Ultra
03-24-2018, 05:26 PM
Bitch I won 2 games out of the last 2 and don't even try to bring up stuff like "OJ is full of ppl like you" because it ain't this way. OJ people are about TMF people level of mafia

In fact I won few games in here when I played seriously. It's just a matter of dedication

And anyway bringing new life to the forum would be at your advantage too

OJ isn't full of people like you, I'd happily welcome their players to our forum, it's why I'm trying to get into a game or two there. You have a good point. But I never said otherwise.

It's you specifically who is problematic because you're really really easy to read. And you can't really help it I guess. But it throws games out of wack.

Your reads are also worse than a randomizer

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 05:29 PM
OJ isn't full of people like you, I'd happily welcome their players to our forum, it's why I'm trying to get into a game or two there. You have a good point. But I never said otherwise.

It's you specifically who is problematic because you're really really easy to read. And you can't really help it I guess. But it throws games out of wack.

I'm an easy town read which is a quality actually and I'm a difficult read when scum which is also a quality

:albion

Ultra
03-24-2018, 05:44 PM
I'm an easy town read which is a quality actually and I'm a difficult read when scum which is also a quality

:albion

:facepalm

Shota Aizawa
03-24-2018, 08:23 PM
Lmao.

FB is right abt mafia section being dead tbh, some migration might really help.

Ultra
03-24-2018, 08:41 PM
Lmao.

FB is right abt mafia section being dead tbh, some migration might really help.

It's really just a seasonal thing. School is keeping everyone busy including myself.

Finalbeta
03-24-2018, 09:01 PM
It's really just a seasonal thing. School is keeping everyone busy including myself.

The "real" world smh

X
03-24-2018, 10:16 PM

I tried getting into one there; sign-ups go fast.

Ultra
03-25-2018, 12:12 AM
I tried getting into one there; sign-ups go fast.

I saw your post. Don't sign up for "regular mafia" - which is like cancerous level of role madness, go for traditional mafia. Should be a sign up soon after the other game ends.

X
03-25-2018, 12:28 AM
I saw your post. Don't sign up for "regular mafia" - which is like cancerous level of role madness, go for traditional mafia. Should be a sign up soon after the other game ends.

Fuck, there's a difference? Definitely thought regular would be, you know regular.

Finalbeta
03-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Nice try

Looks like I was damn right after all

Ultra
03-26-2018, 07:05 PM
Looks like I was damn right after all

Your entry wouldn't make a difference

Schnarf
03-26-2018, 07:59 PM
mafia dying out already? :ohshit

Ultra
03-26-2018, 08:19 PM

Only because the forum's been inactive in general

Finalbeta
03-26-2018, 09:22 PM

Yep

OJ is active but not as good as other places so it's kind of a paradox

We just need more people

Ultra
03-26-2018, 11:16 PM
Yep

OJ is active but not as good as other places so it's kind of a paradox

We just need more people

I can post this game on Mafiauniverse's cross community section :hmm

pizzadust
03-26-2018, 11:20 PM
I can post this game on Mafiauniverse's cross community section :hmm

or you could take the time to mention people.

Ratchet
03-30-2018, 12:05 AM
I'll sign up as a substitute please. I cannot commit fully to a game for the next month or so, but after then I should be fine. Thank you.

novaselinenever
03-30-2018, 01:08 AM
Sign me up.

A
03-30-2018, 01:14 AM
Ultra;

Can confirm Ratchet is a real member.

Ultra
03-30-2018, 01:29 AM
Ultra;

Can confirm Ratchet is a real member.

I know

You playing?

sheepsaysmeep
03-30-2018, 03:46 AM
/in

is there a mafia backup poisoner

Ultra
03-30-2018, 04:13 AM
/in

is there a mafia backup poisoner

Yes

Poisoner selects a team mate to be backup poisoner at the start of the game

Juan
03-30-2018, 04:36 AM
In.

Ink Spot
03-30-2018, 04:00 PM
in

- - - Updated - - -

could have sworn i posted in earlier

X
03-30-2018, 04:29 PM
Where is the new blood coming from?

Ultra
03-30-2018, 04:43 PM
Where is the new blood coming from?

I've been around

X
03-30-2018, 04:53 PM
I've been around

Take me with you.

Ultra
03-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Just need 1 more player :whew

X
03-30-2018, 06:10 PM
Just need 1 more player :whew

Does Avito want to play?

Ultra
03-30-2018, 06:27 PM
Does Avito want to play?

Yeah he's been added

- - - Updated - - -

With the addition of Doflamihawk, we are now at 13 players

Umber;
Nekochako;
X;
Aether;
Heart;
leducobu;
sheepsaysmeep;
Juan;
Finalbeta;
Ink Spot;
Crispickle;
Avito;
@Doflamihawk

The game will begin in 24 hours.

I'll post the game thread and send role pms before that time period - you are allowed to post in the game but no votes will be counted and no actions will happen (Essentially N0)

DoflaMihawk
03-30-2018, 06:28 PM
Let's get our poison on.

Neko
03-30-2018, 06:28 PM
Looks good.

I try to do a good job this game. :whew

Juan
03-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Isn't Avito that Mohit guy from NF? :dame

X
03-30-2018, 06:47 PM
I actually don't know what a Poisoner is?

Neko
03-30-2018, 06:47 PM
I actually don't know what a Poisoner is?

Someone who is supposed to poison a player per phase maybe? :hmm

Finalbeta
03-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Yeah he's been added

- - - Updated - - -

With the addition of Doflamihawk, we are now at 13 players

Umber;
Nekochako;
X;
Aether;
Heart;
leducobu;
sheepsaysmeep;
Juan;
Finalbeta;
Ink Spot;
Crispickle;
Avito;
@Doflamihawk

The game will begin in 24 hours.

I'll post the game thread and send role pms before that time period - you are allowed to post in the game but no votes will be counted and no actions will happen (Essentially N0)

I'm glad I could give you my help as a researcher :pepper

I'm the greatest ally you could dream of

Umber
03-30-2018, 08:04 PM
aight

A
03-31-2018, 01:51 AM
Isn't Avito that Mohit guy from NF? :dame

Avito = Avalon + Mojito :lmao

so yeah

Juan
03-31-2018, 01:53 AM
Avito = Avalon + Mojito :lmao

so yeah

nigga got lynched the same day he replaced you :mj

A
03-31-2018, 01:54 AM

Avito
03-31-2018, 04:19 AM
Yeah this Ava dude had messed so much I couldn't even defend myself out of it :dead

Juan
03-31-2018, 04:27 AM
Yeah this Ava dude had messed so much I couldn't even defend myself out of it :dead

To be honest, jayjay was all over you that phase

It didn't help that all of Shiny's cop results were wrong too :mj

Ultra
03-31-2018, 04:31 AM
Sending out role pms now

Avito
03-31-2018, 08:02 AM
To be honest, jayjay was all over you that phase

It didn't help that all of Shiny's cop results were wrong too :mj
also ava picked the wrong bro too a scum none the less :mj

Rotaretilbo
04-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Seems I missed signups. List me as a sub, then.

Ultra
04-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Seems I missed signups. List me as a sub, then.

I'll put you down. Which forum are you from?

Rotaretilbo
04-03-2018, 02:53 AM
I'll put you down. Which forum are you from?

I currently play primarily on Manga Maid, and am responding to your post in the Cross-Forum Advertisement thread.

Ultra
04-03-2018, 02:54 AM
I currently play primarily on Manga Maid, and am responding to your post in the Cross-Forum Advertisement thread.

Cool. welcome to TMF

There may be an opening soon in the game, I'll mention if so