PDA

View Full Version : So You Want To See What?

Pacifista
07-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Is there something that you've wanted to see in manga or anime that you just don't see very often or at all? Maybe a certain situation that you think would be interesting or an environment that you'd like to see explored. Report it here and explicate. So you want to see what?

Millennium Creed
07-17-2012, 06:32 AM
A father who isn't special or anything. No powers or prominence in the story; just a father who's weak and there for his son.

V
07-17-2012, 06:36 AM
No special bullshit bloodline special traits for the main character

Millennium Creed
07-17-2012, 06:38 AM
Again, thanks for reiterating what I just said. :)

pizzadust
07-17-2012, 07:06 AM
an anti villain protagonist.

Pacifista
07-17-2012, 02:32 PM
What do you mean?

Ah, and I would also like normal people for a change. Special bloodlines, famous and powerful parents and etc can really suck some of the gravity out of a characters hard work.

DoflaMihawk
07-18-2012, 12:51 AM
I'd like to see the main character die half-way through the story and have another character take his place as the main guy.

V
07-18-2012, 12:53 AM
That usually goes terribly

Gaidou
07-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Good gouy going bad and staying bad, giving birth to a new hero mid-story.

It would be cool.

Pimp of Pimps
07-18-2012, 04:47 AM
For One Piece, I wanna see some sea battles.

Z
07-18-2012, 04:50 AM

It would be cool.

Death Note kind of did that.

Pimp of Pimps
07-18-2012, 04:51 AM
A father who isn't special or anything. No powers or prominence in the story; just a father who's weak and there for his son.

HSDK does that. Kenichi's dad is just an average guy.

Pacifista
07-18-2012, 05:31 AM

It would be cool.
Hmm. That sounds interesting if it could be done correctly.

For One Piece, I wanna see some sea battles.

Now that I can really get behind. It'd be nice.

Death Note kind of did that.

Hmm. Do you mean with Light? He was always bad though. It's just that he turned darker when he killed people who weren't criminals.

Great Potato
07-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Now that I can really get behind. It'd be nice.

Yeah. That's one of the best things about Kenichi; there in a world where there are tons of people who are naturally gifted fighters, but Kenichi himself is actually untalented, so he has to work a lot harder than the prodigies' just to achieve the same result. The dad himself struggles to open a can of tomato sauce at one point.

pizzadust
07-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Yeah. That's one of the best things about Kenichi; there in a world where there are tons of people who are naturally gifted fighters, but Kenichi himself is actually untalented, so he has to work a lot harder than the prodigies' just to achieve the same result. The dad himself struggles to open a can of tomato sauce at one point.

More like he doesn't do any exercise for most of his life. I remember when naruto had to work hard now he can learn any jutsu using a few shadow clones.

DoflaMihawk
07-18-2012, 09:38 AM
That usually goes terribly

Has it ever happened?

MM
07-18-2012, 06:32 PM
I would want to see an action manga with a extremely disabled protagonist. For example in a fighting manga that the main charater has no legs or arms thus has to fight to fight in a unique manner. Hell even weapons would be interesting like using a gun without arms.

To be honest I am not sure how the concept would work but I would like to see something like that.

ZERO PHOENIX
07-18-2012, 06:32 PM
A shonen hero who isn't a total fag. :notrust

Berserker
07-18-2012, 07:11 PM

read REAL

Pacifista
07-19-2012, 03:26 AM
I would want to see an action manga with a extremely disabled protagonist. For example in a fighting manga that the main charater has no legs or arms thus has to fight to fight in a unique manner. Hell even weapons would be interesting like using a gun without arms.

To be honest I am not sure how the concept would work but I would like to see something like that.

That's a good idea. I've also wanted to see where larger people are included in the manga in a way in which they aren't just for comedic purposes or constantly eating. Give the characters some depth. A character that isn't a muscled and toned man or perfectly bodied bikini woman.

MM
07-19-2012, 09:24 PM
That's a good idea. I've also wanted to see where larger people are included in the manga in a way in which they aren't just for comedic purposes or constantly eating. Give the characters some depth. A character that isn't a muscled and toned man or perfectly bodied bikini woman.

Indeed, I think too many shonen manga in general have the protagonist be an exceptional person among exceptional people.

One thing I did like about Gantz was the missions where Kurono did not have his suit. It does add a layer of tension and impressiveness if the character does not have superhuman abilities.

Pacifista
07-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah, that was really impressive. That was with the Shorty Aliens right? Even the actual hunt before that point was really good since that was the first time he did a hunt by himself and he didn't know what would happen if he didn't complete the mission in time. Gantz did was pretty good back then. If one can stomach some of the weirdness, extreme violence and at times gratuitous sex it was an enjoyable ride. No idea what happened in this alien arc though. It lost everything about it that made it interesting. Did you see the latest spoiler that I posted?

MM
07-20-2012, 07:13 PM
I thought it was with the dinosaur mission.

Yeah I did see the spoiler. It seems that Gantz still pretty degenerate. To be honest, I never really liked that the invading aliens look so humanoid. I wish that Oku could have gone down the creepy route and have the aliens look pretty inhuman. Personally one interesting aspect would be if the aliens like the 100 pointer in Osaka had the abilty to transform and adapt.

Pacifista
07-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Oh, it might have been. When you said without the suit I just automatically jumped to when that lone Shorty Alien (at least I think that's the name) attacked the school. And Oku did kind of take an easy way out. They look just like humans except a few extra features and they also have pretty much exactly the same type of buildings, clothes and apparently culture. Just giant humans, really. With all of the monsters and aliens he has come up with this did seem like the laziest lot. He could have really come up with an interesting alien society and culture. But now it's all a mess, including the story. I would have liked to see the end of the Roman Aliens and----since it seems like this will be the last arc or at least the end of his competency in the story----that be his final one.

The Gaddess
07-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Gantz was at its best at that time. I loved the onion alien and the huge statues hunt. It was so good. I haven't read it in a while cause I wish the hunts wouldn't take such a huge turn to what it is now. What's happened since the 100 pointer alien?

Pacifista
07-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Since Nurarihyon? Do you want it to be general or a bit more specific so I don't ruin it for you.

White
07-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Maybe a situation where a character is just casually killed off, instead of their being some big issue/build-up around it. More is less you know?

Pacifista
07-25-2012, 03:17 AM
Ah, yes. As in it's totally unexpected right?