PDA

View Full Version : [Sign-ups] Mafia 63: Hajime no Ippo

Sin
03-17-2017, 05:51 PM
remember how i said that i would only allow certain players to play because of activity reasons and that i was shooting for a medium-sized set-up? forget all about that, just sign-up if you want to

i will make activity directly correlate with role strength as a mechanic and the game will probably be centered around that. i feel like this is a very organic and fair way to establish an incentive for activity

but this is just my first pointer, i might throw everything out and just go with a role madness again with very peculiar mechanics if i encounter a massive roadblock. the game will start in around two weeks at the earliest

1) Katyusha
2) Jacob
3) Nordlending
4) Nikamara
5) Y
6) Lycan

Katyusha
03-17-2017, 06:26 PM
I think I can manage to play and keep up to tabs with studying.

In.

Juan
03-17-2017, 06:27 PM
In. :excited

Cormag's mafia is best mafia. :away

Nikamara
03-17-2017, 07:36 PM
So like the start of April?
sounds good ^-^7

In
If for any reason I won't be able to play again I'll let you know before the game starts.

fair warning though <.< never read the series
My knowledge begins and ends with the catchy opening songs of it's anime that I listen to for some reason XD

Nordlending
03-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Sign me up

Juan
03-17-2017, 07:59 PM
This just gave me a reason to catch up. :catthink

I'm only 700 chapters behind, I read more in less time. :excited

Y
03-17-2017, 08:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ef0WABj.gif

Jeanette
03-18-2017, 05:39 PM
in

Sin
03-18-2017, 05:59 PM
So like the start of April?
sounds good ^-^7

In
If for any reason I won't be able to play again I'll let you know before the game starts.

fair warning though <.< never read the series
My knowledge begins and ends with the catchy opening songs of it's anime that I listen to for some reason XD

the game won't require any knowledge to play, and the gain from knowing the characters is pretty minuscule. i might just make this open set-up too, so that would equalize the playing field for everybody

i can always change the day the game is going to start. i try to accommodate to the players, i think it's pretty sucky when the players need to adjust to the mod

Sin
03-19-2017, 03:46 PM
bump
Murim-in; Albion; White; Cake; Ariadne;

Albion
03-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Alright I'm in. :nod

Cake
03-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Sorry, no time.

Murim-in
03-20-2017, 09:30 PM
I'm in

White
03-20-2017, 11:34 PM
remember how i said that i would only allow certain players to play because of activity reasons and that i was shooting for a medium-sized set-up? forget all about that, just sign-up if you want to

i will make activity directly correlate with role strength as a mechanic and the game will probably be centered around that. i feel like this is a very organic and fair way to establish an incentive for activity

but this is just my first pointer, i might throw everything out and just go with a role madness again with very peculiar mechanics if i encounter a massive roadblock. the game will start in around two weeks at the earliest

1) Katyusha
2) Jacob
3) Nordlending
4) Nikamara
5) Y
6) Lycan

If you do that then the mafia can judge their NK by who is known to post the most often, if a persons abiiity power correlates with their activity. Youd essentially be painting a target on the back of anyone who would make a mafia game interesting and fun to play in.

Sin
03-21-2017, 11:19 AM
If you do that then the mafia can judge their NK by who is known to post the most often, if a persons abiiity power correlates with their activity. Youd essentially be painting a target on the back of anyone who would make a mafia game interesting and fun to play in.

not at all. this assumes multiple things that aren't the case in this setup. for your criticism to be true, every character must start at around the same strength and every character must have around the same growth rate.

this is not the case. there are characters with high ceilings and low floor (great potential but rather weak starting out), and there are characters with low ceilings but an already high floor. these characters do not benefit nearly as much of posting in the thread (at least directly relating to their role strength). this makes it so that there is no definitive way to tell which player has a strong character for sure at any point in time. furthermore, there will be characters that do not actually gain anything from posting and instead start out at 100% for balancing reasons (so traditional roles basically). they'll be few, but they do exist.

to go back to progression - there might be characters that are capped out at 100 posts, there might be characters that haven't even unlocked anything whatsoever at 300. of course the payoff for the character that has to rack up 300 posts will be much greater comparatively than the character who reached his full potential after only a few dozen - however, they'd still have around the same general role strength at the end of the day.

the tactic you outlined wouldn't only not work, it would also be legitimately retarded :smoke

Jeanette
03-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Batou prolly gonna have to suck some dick to get people to play

Katyusha
03-25-2017, 07:14 PM
Batou prolly gonna have to suck some dick to get people to play

Well that's the best way to get members to play with little to none mafia interest in this forum.
Unless if you have better ideas. :cat

Sin
03-25-2017, 07:16 PM
game is cancelled obviously, sorry for those who were interested

Katyusha
03-25-2017, 07:18 PM

Huh.Mafia interest did decline that bad? :wha

White
03-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Sorry I just didnt feel like playing a full game, Id have offered to sub but I from the looks of it that wouldnt have really fixed the problem

Nordlending
03-25-2017, 09:57 PM
To bad.

We really need to market these games better.

Jeanette
03-26-2017, 06:43 PM
karma is a bitch

Sin
03-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Huh.Mafia interest did decline that bad? :wha

TMF is a very erratic forum when it comes to mafia activity, it's just how it goes

there's periods where's interest (basically never), and there's dry periods where no mafia whatsoever takes place (basically always since the last 2 years or so)

- - - Updated - - -

karma is a bitch

what are you talking about?

Nikamara
04-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Batou;
When is this gonna start? From the 13th-18th of April I will be unavailable.
If you intended to have the game running on any of those days, then I'll have to drop out :(

Katyusha
04-07-2017, 06:15 PM
@Batou (http://www.millenniumforums.com/member.php?u=5131);
When is this gonna start? From the 13th-18th of April I will be unavailable.
If you intended to have the game running on any of those days, then I'll have to drop out :(

This game was cancelled. :ray

Nikamara
04-07-2017, 06:28 PM
This game was cancelled. :ray

oh, okay xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD my bad.

Crispickle
04-09-2017, 03:19 PM
i'm past most of my work, count me in for anything from now on. May be this theme or something else.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe we could do a small one to spark a little of interest

Sin
04-09-2017, 03:25 PM
i'm past most of my work, count me in for anything from now on. May be this theme or something else.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe we could do a small one to spark a little of interest

thank you o7

i will be trying to come up with an open role-madness mini setup. this would allow me to host a proven quality set-up basically whenever i wanted to, as the player roster would not be restricting me in any way or form and it'd just depend on me mostly. not to mention that anybody could host the set-up if they wanted to as it would be open set-up which means the information the players and the host have are identical. it's a project that i have been thinking about doing for a while

i say this every time when i announce a new game/set-up, but obviously in this one the roles would be very expansive in order to compensate for the low amount of players (quality -> quantity in a way). but i don't wanna make any empty promises, so i will bring this up again when i have something tangible

Crispickle
04-09-2017, 03:30 PM
nice nice

White
04-09-2017, 03:31 PM
I wouldnt mind playing a turbo game

Jeanette
04-10-2017, 05:39 PM
I wouldnt mind playing a turbo game

i'll host one if i can like 4 other people.

Y
04-10-2017, 05:42 PM
So we're doing this after all? Hok

Crispickle
04-10-2017, 05:42 PM

i'm in, most likely

White
04-10-2017, 05:48 PM

Cool

Juan
04-10-2017, 05:57 PM
IN af.