PDA

View Full Version : Role Madness: Interest check/Sign-ups

Sin
10-24-2016, 02:03 AM
Title. I'd like to host a Role Madness setup. Theme would be Danganronpa

I am looking for exactly 15 or 16 players in ideal circumstances. Probably gonna be open setup-ish, at least if that's what people prefer.

Crispinianus; Anna; Alex D Boss; i c e; Ultra; @Ray; Typhoon T.O.P.; Zoro; Alex D. Loss; BlackDragon; X; Erinyes; W e a l t h; Cake; Albion; DoflaMihawk; Heart;

Sign-ups:

1 Cake
2 Avalon
3 Albion
4 Riki
5 Tops
6 X
7 Crispinianus
8 Dofla
9 Nord
10 ICE
11 Jjcb
12 Deathblade
13 Umber
14 Y
15 Tendou

SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED. SUBS ARE STILL VERY MUCH OBLIGED

Subs:

1 Tifa

A
10-24-2016, 02:04 AM
Wtf is open setup

Cake
10-24-2016, 02:05 AM
Alex D. Loss; you will know all the roles and the powers they have, just like my round.

I am in Juzo; obviously but start it next weekend, my week will be pretty chaotic next week, literally crying.

Sin
10-24-2016, 02:07 AM
Wtf is open setup

It's clarified from the beginning which roles there are, how large the mafia team is, if there's an Indie and so on. Basically, everybody knows the intricacies of the setup from the beginning

It all depends on if people prefer to play closed setups or open setups. I personally think open setups are cooler when the rules are more lenient (no regulations on role claiming etc.), but I play pretty angleshoot-ish so it's definitely not for everyone

A
Next week

Sin
Alex D. Loss; you will know all the roles and the powers they have, just like my round.

I am in Juzo; obviously but start it next weekend, my week will be pretty chaotic next week, literally crying.

:sure

Albion
10-24-2016, 02:09 AM
I'll try I need to improve anyway.

Zoro
10-24-2016, 02:18 AM
[Poopy]

Tifa
10-24-2016, 03:00 AM
Themes lame. Oh well. Could have been good.

PUNISHED T.O.P.
10-24-2016, 03:51 AM
Why not, but remember I have a job

Cake
10-24-2016, 04:00 AM
I can Hydra with Top btw.

Cake
10-24-2016, 04:01 AM
i c e;

X
10-24-2016, 04:44 AM
Themes lame. Oh well. Could have been good.

Play.

I'm in.

Crispickle
10-24-2016, 05:39 AM
Why am I still not in participants list

Riki
10-24-2016, 06:18 AM
Title. I'd like to host a Role Madness setup. Theme would be Danganronpa

I am looking for exactly 15 or 16 players in ideal circumstances. Probably gonna be open setup-ish, at least if that's what people prefer.

Crispinianus; Anna; Alex D Boss; i c e; Ultra; @Ray; Typhoon T.O.P.; Zoro; Alex D. Loss; BlackDragon; X; Erinyes; W e a l t h; Cake; Albion; DoflaMihawk; Heart;

Sign-ups:

1 Cake
2 Avalon
3 Albion
4 Poopy
5 Tops
6 X

your vms are closed you shitter

some issues i could see happening are that if celes chooses to join the town, then the numbers are really town favoured (12 to 3, including a double voter and a guy with a second life means the mafia could not lose a single member and it would still take them 5 cycles to win which is too long imo)

you need some kind of anti-claiming mechanism

mukuro's daykill seems strictly better than her strongman kill, both bypass the doctor, both can't bypass nagito, but the daykill is an additional kill

kyokou's ability seems kind of useless since the setup is completely open (not that you should buff it or anything, the setup still seems townsided, but maybe just a sidegrade to at least give it some kind of niche use/make it more interesting)

Sin
10-24-2016, 06:35 AM
your vms are closed you shitter

some issues i could see happening are that if celes chooses to join the town, then the numbers are really town favoured (12 to 3, including a double voter and a guy with a second life means the mafia could not lose a single member and it would still take them 5 cycles to win which is too long imo)

you need some kind of anti-claiming mechanism

mukuro's daykill seems strictly better than her strongman kill, both bypass the doctor, both can't bypass nagito, but the daykill is an additional kill

kyokou's ability seems kind of useless since the setup is completely open (not that you should buff it or anything, the setup still seems townsided, but maybe just a sidegrade to at least give it some kind of niche use/make it more interesting)

whoopsy daisy

do you think 4/11/celes would be balanced? i mean, celes is basically only a goon/VT, so i think even 5/11 (if celes were to choose scum) would be balanced. if i do add another slot to scum, i want it to be another PR. any role that comes to your mind that would fit the dynamics of the game well?

yeah, the daykill is definitely objectively better. tbh i was aware of this, but i just couldn't think of another attractive choice that isn't completely broken outside of a strongman. at least there was still the illusion of choice in this case :^)

i also think kyoko sucks complete dick, but i really wanted a forensic investigator and it actually fits perfectly thematically. i think i will just make kyoko more useful since i plan on adding another PR to scum. i mean, it's easy to simply make her a cop or give her the ability to investigate a corpse to find out who killed the person, but it'd be too strong in this set-up imo (not to mention boring).

claiming-wise, i'd like to not restrict people from claiming/role-revealing if that's what they want to do, but just make the option naturally less appealing because of how the set-up works. not sure how to do that yet, at worst i am just gonna forbid claiming outright

the set-up is still very tentative. roles i could see myself implementing outside of the ones already included are:

clutcher
mafia booster
fruit vendor
bomb
suicide bomber
mass murderer
converter (possible alternate role for junko)
stalker

Sin
10-24-2016, 06:41 AM
i'm also not averse to the idea of a lightning rod or a nexus, but those roles usually are just plain anti-fun for the player and add unnecessary AIDS. while i do think a large part of the fun in role madness comes from the sheer chaos, i think nexus/lightning rods are generally more trouble than they are worth

Crispickle
10-24-2016, 06:46 AM
Converter sounds sweet for Junko tbh

Katyusha
10-24-2016, 08:54 AM
:hansen

Can i join?
:scheme

Umber
10-24-2016, 08:58 AM
In af.

DoflaMihawk
10-24-2016, 09:58 AM
[loldofla]

Nordlending
10-24-2016, 10:30 AM
Joining

:kekkaishi

PUNISHED T.O.P.
10-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Joining

:kekkaishi

Will you actually play :heston

i c e
10-24-2016, 01:51 PM
[ice] let me know when you plan on running it so I know

Nordlending
10-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Yes.

Alex D. Boss
10-24-2016, 03:35 PM
In.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2lbga3o.jpg

A
10-24-2016, 04:18 PM
dont understand why half of you guys even bother to join when you know you will never post

Tifa
10-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Play.

I'm in.

:fry

Cake
10-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Alex D. Loss; winner set :void

Sin
10-24-2016, 05:12 PM
dont understand why half of you guys even bother to join when you know you will never post

yeah. please, only sign up if you plan to at least be somewhat active. i'd rather change my plans and host a medium setup entirely composed of active players than host a large one in which half of the participants inactifag. inactives make balancing nigh-impossible, it's unfair for everyone involved and just ruins the game.

i am not that worried about inactivity since this is a role madness setup, and most people just go inactive if they get assigned VT or mafia goon, but i will most likely still implement a minimum amount of posts everyday. it won't be anything crazy (probably 3 posts per day, maybe 5), but i plan on instantly modkilling those who are inactive.

A
10-24-2016, 05:12 PM
yeah. please, only sign up if you plan to at least be somewhat active. i'd rather change my plans and host a medium setup entirely composed of active players than host a large one in which half of the participants inactifag. inactives make balancing nigh-impossible, it's unfair for everyone involved and just ruins the game.

i am not that worried about inactivity since this is a role madness setup, and most people just go inactive if they get assigned VT or mafia goon, but i will most likely still implement a minimum of posts everyday. it won't be anything crazy (probably 3 posts per day, maybe 5), but i plan on instantly modkilling those who are inactive.

if this is this week then i cant play

but if its next week im down

when u hostin

Sin
10-24-2016, 05:16 PM
if this is this week then i cant play

but if its next week im down

when u hostin

i am fine with whenever. cake said next weekend would be good for her, so i planned to start this friday next week. it might unofficially start on thursday, but that's only if there will be roles that make use of N0. the game would still start on friday for everyone. right now, i don't have any plans for N0 roles, so you can safely assume it will start on friday with the first day-phase.

if anybody is inconvenienced by this, please hit me up.

Katyusha
10-24-2016, 05:17 PM

i am not that worried about inactivity since this is a role madness setup, and most people just go inactive if they get assigned VT or mafia goon, but i will most likely still implement a minimum amount of posts everyday. it won't be anything crazy (probably 3 posts per day, maybe 5), but i plan on instantly modkilling those who are inactive.

Sin
10-24-2016, 05:18 PM
actually, i just realized today's monday. damn, my time perception is fucked. :khaled

i planned to host this friday. any specific date you want the game to start on?

Sin
10-24-2016, 05:21 PM
it's not really problematic for me to host at a different date. although i will be a bit busier next week, i doubt this is gonna inconvenience me to the point where hosting becomes a hassle.

i don't want to hold this game off for too long for the sake of the players, as then everybody just kinda forgets about it and the game might start at a time when nobody wants to play mafia

A
10-24-2016, 06:15 PM
friday

Cake
10-24-2016, 06:25 PM
Friday my night is ok.

Cake
10-24-2016, 06:25 PM
But let me check if i dont have a pool party or halloween party

Sin
10-24-2016, 07:00 PM
alright. tentative start is on friday, 5 PM CET

http://www.pending.me.uk/cd/gra_1477666800.png (http://www.pending.me.uk)

i think this should be fine for most people living in europe and the US.

please tell me if this is fine with you once you know, cake :sure

snip

Sin
10-24-2016, 07:02 PM
3 more people for the game to fit the theme perfectly. sorry in advance if more than 16 people want to play, i'll close sign-ups after 16 players.

subs are always more than welcome, of course :nod

Cake
10-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Why dont you ask Y?

Sin
10-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Y; what say you, comrade? :swag

Y
10-24-2016, 07:19 PM
Why not

sure

Cake
10-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Ok two more mmmm
W e a l t h; appealing to emotion would help if I ask you kindly?

Cake
10-24-2016, 07:25 PM
A person that I think would be good at playing mafia but doesnt bother is slayer.

Cake
10-24-2016, 07:26 PM
Maybe if you tell @White; this is a dr set up he would try and then take his break :catgrin God sometimes I am evil.

Torque
10-24-2016, 09:00 PM
In

A
10-24-2016, 09:01 PM
can u give the roles today

Crispickle
10-24-2016, 09:01 PM
Torque;

hello?

Sin
10-24-2016, 09:10 PM
can u give the roles today

there'll most likely be changes up to the very last moment before the game starts, and there are still some placeholder roles. this is a somewhat updated version of what i sent to riki

http://imgur.com/a/GyzYa

the flavoring is pretty much bare-minimum at this point. i'll work on that aspect after i am done with the roles, since it's not really that important

Cake
10-24-2016, 09:10 PM
Who is torque?

Tendou
10-24-2016, 09:16 PM
joinnage (am i saying that right?).

Juan
10-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Are there any spots open? :huh

Sin
10-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Are there any spots open? :huh

most likely not, sorry. if torque gets added to the roster, we will be at 16.

before torque gets added, we will need to do some.. check-ups. :maybe no offense to you torque in case you're legit, but i am not taking any chances this game.

i will add you if somebody in the current line-up quits. what i can also offer you is a spot as a substitute, you'd simply sub in for an inactive player (this makes things much easier for me, and you are basically guaranteed to play since there's always somebody going inactive).

Alex D. Boss
10-24-2016, 09:50 PM
Guys, I'm out. Sorry man, but I will be fucking busy this week. Don't want to ruin shit.

Sin
10-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Guys, I'm out. Sorry man, but I will be fucking busy this week. Don't want to ruin shit.

:brofist

thanks for telling me outright. if you want a spot as a sub, hit me up.

Jjcb; you're in

Tendou
10-24-2016, 09:53 PM
does cormag have me on ignore or something ;_;

Sin
10-24-2016, 09:54 PM
does cormag have me on ignore or something ;_;

you're already on the list, gorgeous. don't worry. :swag

(unless your post was some kinda joke that just went way over my head :sag )

Juan
10-24-2016, 09:56 PM
Nice. :swag

Tendou
10-24-2016, 10:12 PM
you're already on the list, gorgeous. don't worry. :swag

(unless your post was some kinda joke that just went way over my head :sag )

no i was serious. but now that i think about it your approach to this seems meticulous so i feel like i should let u know that i dont know how to play mafia, just in case that might throw a wretch in ur plans for the game. feel free to take me out of it if it does though.

A
10-24-2016, 10:13 PM
no i was serious. but now that i think about it your approach to this seems meticulous so i feel like i should let u know that i dont know how to play mafia, just in case that might throw a wretch in ur plans for the game. feel free to take me out of it if it does though.

just be active

nobody will care if you're a bad player or a good player, just post

last game half of these fucks barely posted, and thats the worst

Sin
10-24-2016, 10:19 PM

no, don't worry about it. please try to enjoy yourself, i am only being really careful because role madness means that are a lot of things you need to check so people can't just break the game. there's a lot of newbies in this line-up, so you're def not alone :nod

while i plan to implement a lot of different roles (there are basically 14 unique roles planned), the roles themselves are decently basic (although there are some more obscure ones). if you have a question at any point, please hit me up.

if you are truly unsure, i can offer you a hydra role, which is basically two players share one character. i'd pair you up with somebody that is more experienced, so you'd have some cushion to fall back on and you have the opportunity to sort of learn how to play the game in real time.

Sin
10-24-2016, 10:20 PM
and as avalon said, nobody really cares how you perform unless you outright troll or jeopardize the chances of your faction.

Tendou
10-24-2016, 10:22 PM
awesome. i think ill try playing by myself.

Sin
10-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Erinyes; sign-ups are most likely closed (torque's still sort of floating for obvious reasons), but i can offer you a 17th spot for the help you already provided :sure

are you in, phaggot?

Riki
10-24-2016, 10:48 PM
whoopsy daisy

do you think 4/11/celes would be balanced? i mean, celes is basically only a goon/VT, so i think even 5/11 (if celes were to choose scum) would be balanced. if i do add another slot to scum, i want it to be another PR. any role that comes to your mind that would fit the dynamics of the game well?

yeah, the daykill is definitely objectively better. tbh i was aware of this, but i just couldn't think of another attractive choice that isn't completely broken outside of a strongman. at least there was still the illusion of choice in this case :^)

i also think kyoko sucks complete dick, but i really wanted a forensic investigator and it actually fits perfectly thematically. i think i will just make kyoko more useful since i plan on adding another PR to scum. i mean, it's easy to simply make her a cop or give her the ability to investigate a corpse to find out who killed the person, but it'd be too strong in this set-up imo (not to mention boring).

claiming-wise, i'd like to not restrict people from claiming/role-revealing if that's what they want to do, but just make the option naturally less appealing because of how the set-up works. not sure how to do that yet, at worst i am just gonna forbid claiming outright

the set-up is still very tentative. roles i could see myself implementing outside of the ones already included are:

clutcher
mafia booster
fruit vendor
bomb
suicide bomber
mass murderer
converter (possible alternate role for junko)
stalker

i think typically a setup being open is town-favoured, and fully role madness is also usually town-favoured, so maybe 11/5 with one of the mafia being vanilla could be balanced, but this is also tmf so i think you'd usually be better off making the setup town-favoured on purpose

instead of strongman you could make the second choice be a 2x janitor

the game is inevitably going to devolve into a mass claim fest if you don't restrict revealing. adding a janitor would help somewhat, you could also maybe incorporate it into the bear's ability (instead of just making his ability to restrict a specific word or number of words, you could make it more broad and restrict stuff like claiming or quoting or whatever, and then make the last use of his power continue past his death)

getting the ability to investigate who killed someone is way too overpowered lol. i can't really think of anything that would make her power better, maybe you could consider turning the game into a no reveal game (which would also fix the mass claim problem) but then you would have to rework a lot of things. you could always just make her a tracker or voyeur if you're adding another mafia pr as well i guess but that's a bit boring (i wouldn't add a watcher because watcher + doctor is op)

i have no idea what most of those roles are supposed to be. if bomb is the role that kills the shooter on death, that's usually a really unfun role for the mafia to deal with, vengeful (letting the player choose who they want to shoot on death) would probably be a lot better and it's more interesting for the person who gets the role too. if converter means converting a town into mafia that's also kind of dumb imo and potentially unbalanced if celes chooses to join the mafia at the start of the game but ok. i think if you decide to go with that role you should at least announce whenever the ability gets used

if you wanted something more role madness-y, you could use a town bus driver instead of a nexus/lightningrod, it's much more controlled but can still fuck a lot of things up if used properly (or improperly). i wouldn't do a mafia bus driver though because those are op

Riki
10-24-2016, 10:54 PM
Erinyes; sign-ups are most likely closed (torque's still sort of floating for obvious reasons), but i can offer you a 17th spot for the help you already provided :sure

are you in, phaggot?

ok

Riki
10-24-2016, 10:57 PM
the game is inevitably going to devolve into a mass claim fest if you don't restrict revealing. adding a janitor would help somewhat, you could also maybe incorporate it into the bear's ability (instead of just making his ability to restrict a specific word or number of words, you could make it more broad and restrict stuff like claiming or quoting or whatever, and then make the last use of his power continue past his death)

i didn't actually consider it much but now that i think about it, considering the number of people who fucked up with that 21 word ability from that game last year, the bear's ability might actually end up being really strong

Murphy
10-24-2016, 11:00 PM
Ok two more mmmm
W e a l t h; appealing to emotion would help if I ask you kindly?
too late it seems

but even if I do want to you know I can't right now :/

I don't wanna be THAT guy (inactifag)

when I can participate in mafia games again I'll make sure to let you know~

Cake
10-24-2016, 11:10 PM
W e a l t h; we can hydra :iria

Murphy
10-24-2016, 11:15 PM
W e a l t h; we can hydra :iria
Cake you just don't know how to quit do you :rotfl

A
10-24-2016, 11:18 PM
i think typically a setup being open is town-favoured, and fully role madness is also usually town-favoured, so maybe 11/5 with one of the mafia being vanilla could be balanced, but this is also tmf so i think you'd usually be better off making the setup town-favoured on purpose

getting the ability to investigate who killed someone is way too overpowered lol. i can't really think of anything that would make her power better, maybe you could consider turning the game into a no reveal game (which would also fix the mass claim problem) but then you would have to rework a lot of things. you could always just make her a tracker or voyeur if you're adding another mafia pr as well i guess but that's a bit boring (i wouldn't add a watcher because watcher + doctor is op)

i have no idea what most of those roles are supposed to be. if bomb is the role that kills the shooter on death, that's usually a really unfun role for the mafia to deal with, vengeful (letting the player choose who they want to shoot on death) would probably be a lot better and it's more interesting for the person who gets the role too. if converter means converting a town into mafia that's also kind of dumb imo and potentially unbalanced if celes chooses to join the mafia at the start of the game but ok. i think if you decide to go with that role you should at least announce whenever the ability gets used

if you wanted something more role madness-y, you could use a town bus driver instead of a nexus/lightningrod, it's much more controlled but can still fuck a lot of things up if used properly (or improperly). i wouldn't do a mafia bus driver though because those are op

imagine writing an novel and not being allowed to sign up for the game

:heston

Tifa
10-24-2016, 11:18 PM
Fine. I'll sub :maybe

Cake
10-24-2016, 11:21 PM
Dont hydra me then :hmpf or whatever that icon is :cake W e a l t h;

Sin
10-24-2016, 11:24 PM

yeah. if you check the 'updated' roster i gave you, i mentioned prefering town to have a slight edge simply because tmf is sort of a clusterfuck and often inactive, so even a slightly competent mafia just steamrolls town

here's the link again, although imgur is not loading right now for me. might just be my connection or something:

janitor is a good idea. i also thought about just simply making the DP kill rng-dependent to at least somewhat make the choice ambiguous, but i am not too sure how fun that would be for the guy playing mukuro.

:khaled that's a very good idea for monokuma. i think i will simply prevent monokuma from doing the same restriction twice in a row, simply because that way he can't play it 100% safe by just repeatedly preventing claiming. at least this way there would be some strategy involved in playing his role.

i probably will make kirigiri a voyeur, i think a no reveal game would be a recipe for disaster here, pretty much half the line-up of players aren't experienced. while i think it's interesting in its own right, i won't do it here

explanations of the roles i mentioned:

clutcher - all mafia automatically die if the clutcher is the last remaining townie (not gonna implement this one lol)

booster - second alternate role for junko, simply boosts the abilities of the other mafia members. either passively while she is still alive, or as an active in which junko chooses one member to boost. hard to implement/balance, so just food for thought tbh

fruit vendor - basically a variant of the visitor role, the fruit vendor visits somebody over night / leaves a message that does nothing and the visited player is notified of it, but does not know who left the message. cool for mindgames, and can serve as a make-shift mechanical clear

bomb - kills their killer automatically after they die

suicide bomber - can kill a player during the DP, but dies in the process

mass murderer - this is a more classic role (you see this in night in palermo set-ups sometimes). the mass murderer targets one player each night, and they kill everyone at the 'location' of the player. so if that person was visited in that night by a cop, the mafiosi that carried out the faction kill and a visitor, they would all get killed. likewise, if the mass murderer targets eg. a doctor and the doc's 'out' to protect somebody, nothing happens.

..needless to say i won't implement this as this requires a set-up essentially designed around it, and it's too late for that at this point (and i think the idea's pretty sucky anyways).

converter - you already said it

stalker - can choose a player to find out which action they performed, but not on whom.

for now, this is the set-up i have in mind:

1 Switch (Ultimate Mechanic)
2 Masons (Ultimate Moral Compass & Ultimate Biker Gang Leader)
1 Dreamer (Ultimate Clairvoyant)
1 One-shot Bulletproof (Ultimate Lucky Student)
1 Double Voter (Ultimate Team Manager)
1 Lynch Decider (Ultimate Affluent Prodigy)
[how the fuck is this type of role called again?]
1 Doctor (Ultimate Nurse)
1 Fisher (Ultimate Imposter)
1 Alignment Changer (Ultimate Gambler)
1 Word Killer (Monokuma, although his power will most likely be more than a simple Word Killer)
1 Roleblocker (Ultimate Fashionista)
1 Janitor x2 / Day-Vigilante 1x (Ultimate Soldier)

Now, as you can see this only makes 13/17. I still need to work out the last 4 roles.

My current plan is:

1 Voyeur (Ultimate Detective)
1 Innocent Child (Usami)*
1 Last Town role, can't think of one right now.
1 Mafia JOAT (Ultimate Hope)**

*Usami only gets included if there are 17 players.
**Not sure yet what the Mafia JOAT would actually do tbh :cake Including a Scum JOAT might also just skew things too hard for Mafia

Sin
10-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Erinyes; yeah, i had tiger's game in mind when i thought of monokuma. i think the word killer role in itself is incredibly strong on TMF, but you raised a fair point about the game just devolving into a claim fest.

i might as well just make monokuma a regular word killer and just forbid claiming lol. makes things easier for everyone involved

Riki
10-24-2016, 11:31 PM
imagine writing an novel and not being allowed to sign up for the game

:heston

if someone else wants to play they can take my spot

i'm pretty busy atm

A
10-24-2016, 11:34 PM
Fine. I'll sub :maybe

used to that huh :heston

Tifa
10-24-2016, 11:36 PM
used to that huh :heston

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d74a2d3e5ffb85be2e00b94d0584463c/tumblr_mfvo0utjuk1r6wo6vo1_500.gif

Riki
10-24-2016, 11:51 PM
yeah. if you check the 'updated' roster i gave you, i mentioned prefering town to have a slight edge simply because tmf is sort of a clusterfuck and often inactive, so even a slightly competent mafia just steamrolls town

here's the link again, although imgur is not loading right now for me. might just be my connection or something:

janitor is a good idea. i also thought about just simply making the DP kill rng-dependent to at least somewhat make the choice ambiguous, but i am not too sure how fun that would be for the guy playing mukuro.

:khaled that's a very good idea for monokuma. i think i will simply prevent monokuma from doing the same restriction twice in a row, simply because that way he can't play it 100% safe by just repeatedly preventing claiming. at least this way there would be some strategy involved in playing his role.

i probably will make kirigiri a voyeur, i think a no reveal game would be a recipe for disaster here, pretty much half the line-up of players aren't experienced. while i think it's interesting in its own right, i won't do it here

explanations of the roles i mentioned:

clutcher - all mafia automatically die if the clutcher is the last remaining townie (not gonna implement this one lol)

booster - second alternate role for junko, simply boosts the abilities of the other mafia members. either passively while she is still alive, or as an active in which junko chooses one member to boost. hard to implement/balance, so just food for thought tbh

fruit vendor - basically a variant of the visitor role, the fruit vendor visits somebody over night / leaves a message that does nothing and the visited player is notified of it, but does not know who left the message. cool for mindgames, and can serve as a make-shift mechanical clear

bomb - kills their killer automatically after they die

suicide bomber - can kill a player during the DP, but dies in the process

mass murderer - this is a more classic role (you see this in night in palermo set-ups sometimes). the mass murderer targets one player each night, and they kill everyone at the 'location' of the player. so if that person was visited in that night by a cop, the mafiosi that carried out the faction kill and a visitor, they would all get killed. likewise, if the mass murderer targets eg. a doctor and the doc's 'out' to protect somebody, nothing happens.

..needless to say i won't implement this as this requires a set-up essentially designed around it, and it's too late for that at this point (and i think the idea's pretty sucky anyways).

converter - you already said it

stalker - can choose a player to find out which action they performed, but not on whom.

for now, this is the set-up i have in mind:

1 Word Killer (Monokuma, although his power will most likely be more than a simple Word Killer)

Now, as you can see this only makes 13/17. I still need to work out the last 4 roles.

My current plan is:

1 Innocent Child (Usami)*
1 Mafia JOAT (Ultimate Hope)**

*Usami only gets included if there are 17 players.
**Not sure yet what the Mafia JOAT would actually do tbh :cake Including a Scum JOAT might also just skew things too hard for Mafia

i think two masons and an ic is too many auto-confirmed towns

idk how well these would fit thematically but some joat-ish roles you could consider are a gift giver, changing the roleblocker to a roleblocker vig (he can choose to either roleblock or vig at night, whenever he chooses to vig he loses both powers) (shamelessly stolen from tom)

Nordlending
10-24-2016, 11:53 PM
Have you taken into consideration that some players will use dupe this weekend.

Riki
10-24-2016, 11:57 PM
also one thing you could do for celes is to make her a lost wolf if she chooses to be mafia (the mafia knows who she is but she doesn't know who her teammates are)

Sin
10-25-2016, 12:33 AM
Have you taken into consideration that some players will use dupe this weekend.

it's one of the reasons why i am waiting for torque to get checked before i officially add him to the roster. anyways, there isn't a lot people can do here with dupes. at the worst they're gonna use their dupes to communicate out of thread, but people can do that anyways and i can't do anything about it. unless i am missing something, dupes shouldn't disrupt the flow of the game

of course, if people use their dupes to post in the thread or publicize who their team is etc., then that's a different matter :kanyeshrug but i am sure that won't happen

i think two masons and an ic is too many auto-confirmed towns

idk how well these would fit thematically but some joat-ish roles you could consider are a gift giver, changing the roleblocker to a roleblocker vig (he can choose to either roleblock or vig at night, whenever he chooses to vig he loses both powers) (shamelessly stolen from tom)

for this character especially (the Ultimate Hope) it's pretty easy to finagle pretty much any role into him, because he quite literally is the GOAT at everything. so that's not a problem from a thematic standpoint

i like this role, it's not a simple goon but it's not so strong that it's oppressive for town. unless i can think of something better, i'll just make him that

making the tentative line-up:

1 Innocent Child (Usami) [possibly]
1 Mafia JOAT (Ultimate Hope)

i initially played with the idea that celes could have a hidden win condition if she chose to not align with town or mafia. i'd have made her a powerless survivor, i don't see any reason to give powers to a survivor since it is supposed to be tough as nails to play one. especially because celes can make the choice between being a survivor or not, i think that it is justified.

but i dropped the idea because i think the idea of a hidden survivor is too bastard-ish, even though it's exceedingly unlikely. since celes willprobably be a lone wolf, i think i might as well give her the option to stay independent in the form of a survivor (although if i do include this choice, it'll be readily available to see in the OP as opposed to it being a hidden perk/condition). but i am still very iffy about this, i just think it'd be cool to have because it'd make celes dynamic.

so as it stands, celes will probably be an alignment changer that can choose to be a VT, a vanilla traitor/lone wolf or a 'vanilla' survivor. i doubt anybody would actually pick survivor, but maybe there's some prideful fella in our line-up that just can't resist the thought of a lone victory

i'm almost certain that torque's actually just a dupe (said 'in' and went immediately offline, 0 posts) so the IC will most likely get scrapped.

Cake
10-25-2016, 12:34 AM
Man some of those roles I have never heard, could you explain all of them?

Also I love Joats :iria as mafia :hurr

Cake
10-25-2016, 12:35 AM
Isnt lynch decider like a mayor? I think

Sin
10-25-2016, 01:07 AM
Man some of those roles I have never heard, could you explain all of them?

Also I love Joats :iria as mafia :hurr

sure

i'll just explain every role in case a newbie is interested

Switch: One-shot ability that prevents all night actions from happening

Masons: Two villagers with the ability to communicate outside of the thread in a private chat. Both Masons are always town (well, not always, but 99.9% of the time)

Dreamer: You receive a list of a variable amount of people for every DP, in which one wolf is hidden. In this set-up, the Dreamer (Hagakure) receives a list of four people, of which one is a wolf (obviously he doesn't know who). This list is randomized

Bulletproof: Essentially unkillable*. In this game, Nagito is a one-time Bulletproof. This means that Nagito can dodge death once, but after that it's fair game and he can be killed normally.

*A kill-modifier called 'Strongman' bypasses a Bulletproof character. Strongman kills always go through. In this set-up, Mukuro could have the ability to make a Strongman kill once, although this is still subject to change (and probably will get changed).

Double Voter: Self-explanatory. In the DP when everyone votes on who to lynch, your votes count double.
(For this reason, I will probably only say which lynch is leading, and not how the votes are exactly split up, since that's just gonna immediately spew the Double Voter).

..Lynch Decider?: I forgot how this role is actually called, but just take it for what it is. :lmao If a lynch is tied, meaning the same amount of votes are split between two (or more) lynches, then whoever the Lynch Decider is voting for gets executed.

Doctor: Ability to protect one player in every Night Phase. Probably gonna make it so the Doc can't doc the same target twice in a row. Strongman kills bypass the Doctor, of course.

Fisher: This is a pretty obscure role. The Fisher is able to 'fish' for an ability, usually every cycle. These abilities could be anything and usually don't get disclosed by the game mod, but stronger abilities are less likely to be obtained by a fisher. I am myself not too sure what roles I will make 'fishable', but you can be pretty certain that the Fisher won't get a role that isn't already present in the game.

Voyeur: Can choose a target every night and learn which actions were performed on them, but not who targeted them. So a Voyeur could possibly get this result:

The actions that were performed on your target were..

Protection (Doctor)
Night kill (Mafia)

Innocent Child: A Vanilla Townie whose alignment gets confirmed by the mod at the start of the game. Basically everyone in the game knows from the very beginning that the IC is Town. (this probably won't get implemented)

Alignment Changer: The ability to choose which alignment you want to belong to. I will explain this role specifically with Celes.

Celes is able to choose between three alignments: Town, Mafia or Independent. If she chooses Town, she is a simple Vanilla Townie without any powers. If she chooses Mafia, she is a Traitor/Lone wolf without power. This means that the Mafia knows who Celes is, but Celes does not know who the Mafia is. If Celes chooses to be an Independent, she becomes a (powerless) Survivor. A Survivor has a unique win condition, in which he wins the game alone if he is still alive at the end of the game. This is more intended to be a challenge, since it is exceedingly unlikely for a Survivor to win in this kind of set-up, as they are basically a Vanilla Townie with a handicap. Nevertheless, I might still remove this part of Celes's kit.

Word Killer: A member of the Mafia who sends me a condition before every DP (which is why we will possibly have a N0, but more on what a N0 is once the game actually starts). This condition could, for example, be:

The restriction of a certain emote
The restriction of a certain amount of characters/words
The restriction of a post ending with a certain word

..and so on. This handicap will be announced, and nobody will be exempt from it (so even the Mafia can die from the Word Killer's actions if they are careless). The Word Killer is a role you can get very creative with, but I will decide whether the restriction is eligible or not. A restriction like 'You may not end your sentence with a period' would obviously be a no-go.

Roleblocker: Self-explanatory. In this set-up, a member of the Mafia who picks a target during the NP and blocks their actions (if they make any).

Janitor: A member of the Mafia (in this set-up). Has the ability to 'clean up' a player after the Mafia kills them. This makes it so at the dawn of the next DP, Town only learns which player has died, but not which alignment or which role they have etc. Most likely this ability is present in Mukuro, who is probably gonna have a 2x-Janitor active.

Strongman: Explained above.

Jack of all Trades: A role that has multiple different abilities. In this set-up, there is a Mafia JOAT in the form of a gift giver, who can give different abilities to other members of the Mafia. (Most likely, this will be restricted to Junko).

Tifa
10-25-2016, 01:13 AM
a mafia role thats underused is a Yakuza
I had a tweaked version of it, The real version is: is its one person and himself, That person is converted to mafia, and the Yakuza dies. Cannot be saved. Sided with the mafia.

My version had a day action where if they were getting lynched they would convert someone of their choice to mafia. But they would die and could not be saved.

Cake
10-25-2016, 01:30 AM
It seems I revived mafia.

Sin
10-25-2016, 06:43 PM
Sorry for all the spaming, but I just want to make sure everybody is aware:

http://www.pending.me.uk/cd/gra_1477666800.png (http://www.pending.me.uk)

This is when the game will start. The thread might go up on Thursday already, but please do not post in it until I make it clear that you are allowed to, since I will probably make multiple posts before the game starts. The game will be

Role Madness, of course
Open set-up
24h/24h with night chat

and it might have a N0, but this would only affect maybe two roles.

There's gonna be one hidden passive, but it's nigh-inconsequential in that it's something that fits the theme, but doesn't skew the balance in any meaningful way. Outside of that, there are no hidden interactions or win conditions.

I dunno when the PMs will go out yet since my sleep schedule's really fucky, but it'll be sooner rather than later.

Torque has not logged in since yesterday, so I won't count him. Sorry in case you're legit, ( ͜ʖ͡)╭∩╮if you're a dupe

1 Cake;
2 Alex D. Loss;
3 Albion;
4 Zoro;
5 Typhoon T.O.P.;
6 X;
7 Crispinianus;
8 DoflaMihawk;
9 Nordlending;
10 i c e;
11 Jjcb;
12 Deathblade;
13 Umber;
14 Y;
15 Erinyes;
16 Tendou;

X
10-25-2016, 07:39 PM
Tendo is playing mafia???

Tendou
10-25-2016, 07:45 PM
mfw the game hasn't even started and im lost

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CcJnBthPU4s/VdIPuKPS7aI/AAAAAAAATQQ/Fp8TsVtoG_0/s1600/Zach-Galifianakis-counting.gif

Zoro
10-25-2016, 07:48 PM
Juzo; sorry to do this, but i have a pretty busy week coming up. are you able to find a replacement?

if not, i will try to find someone

sorry man

Sin
10-25-2016, 07:52 PM
mfw the game hasn't even started and im lost

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CcJnBthPU4s/VdIPuKPS7aI/AAAAAAAATQQ/Fp8TsVtoG_0/s1600/Zach-Galifianakis-counting.gif

http://www.millenniumforums.com/showthread.php?13888-Darthe-s-Mafia-FAQ-(Beginners-Please-Read!)

that might help a bit. never read that shit myself, but i am sure it's better than nothing :cat

Sin
10-25-2016, 07:52 PM
Juzo; sorry to do this, but i have a pretty busy week coming up. are you able to find a replacement?

if not, i will try to find someone

sorry man

Aerith; are you okay with taking poopy's spot?

Tendou
10-25-2016, 08:17 PM
ok whats considered cheating in these games? just in case any of u cold blooded cunts try take advantage of my naivety to fuck me and others over (im looking at u doot) :pek

Sin
10-25-2016, 08:29 PM
ok whats considered cheating in these games? just in case any of u cold blooded cunts try take advantage of my naivety to fuck me and others over (im looking at u doot) :pek

well, as far as cheating goes, communication outside of the thread unless you have a role that permits you to do so (mafia/the informed minority, or a mason role for example http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mason). in this set-up, you are not allowed to say what your role is in the thread (if you do, you'll get modkilled). outside of that, just common sense. if you get a private chat, don't share that chat with people who aren't in the chat. :lmao

i wrote this rule/game mechanics post up earlier, it applies specifically to this game.

Hello friends, welcome to TMF's first 'Mutual Killing School Trip'.

First things first, in case you are entirely new to Mafia, please read this:

http://www.millenniumforums.com/showthread.php?13888-Darthe-s-Mafia-FAQ-(Beginners-Please-Read

You can pretty much ignore the section about the roles, as I'm going to post all the role PMs myself.
Please message me if you have a question or don't understand the basics, or mention me in this thread.

RULES:

Votes only get counted if they're in this format:
##Cormag
Two asterisks, the person you are voting for, and bolding it.

You are required to post at least three times every DP. If I don't have a sub readily available, going under this limit will result in an immediate modkill. If you already know you won't be active for a phase and tell me beforehand, I'll most likely be a bit more lenient.

Do not quote any communication with me that happens outside of this thread. If you have a question you want to have answered publicly, mention me in this thread.
Of course, this also goes for players. No communication outside of this thread unless you are a Mason or part of the Mafia, in which case you will receive a Quicktopic to use.

You are allowed one 'bah'-post.
A "Bah!" post cannot contain any game-related information. It is completely unacceptable, for example, for an officially-dead role to post the results of any Night actions they made after they are dead, or for a dead player to propose that someone should be lynched next.

Role claiming/revealing is an absolute no-go and will result in an immediate mod kill. Consciously 'hinting' at it as much as you can with the intention of being mechanically cleared will result in the same. Don't be stupid :cat

Game Mechanics:

Each DP and NP will be around 24h long.
I will only say which lynch is leading, not how many people are on each wagon. This is because there is a double voter in the game, and I do not want to immediately spew him.
After the Day, the game goes to Night. If you do not send in your Night actions, you will of course forfeit your move that Night.
You are allowed to post in the thread during Night.
There is one hidden interaction in the game, which I of course won't mention in the public role PMs. The character(s) with this interaction know(s) about it.
Starting with DP2, [Monokuma] will be able to use his role. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with it.
If a lynch is tied, it will be decided through RNG. Please make sure to read all roles, because a seemingly tied lynch might not actually be tied.

i'm not done with making all the role PMs yet, i'll show you them later.

Tendou
10-25-2016, 08:37 PM
ok some of this stuff is starting to make sense.

X
10-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Just lynch who you think is a bad guy.

A
10-25-2016, 11:33 PM
ok some of this stuff is starting to make sense.

pm me your role once you get it, i promise to do the same

Riki
10-27-2016, 01:18 PM
move this thread to the other section

Nordlending
10-27-2016, 01:28 PM
I have a feeling I know what role I am going to get. 60 % sure.

Anna
10-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Is there still time to sign up as a sub for this?

Sin
10-27-2016, 10:34 PM

:excited

yes, of course. i'd really like to give you an actual spot, but right now the game is at a point where adding either an extra spot to mafia or scum would compromise the game balance a lot.

i'm sure you will get a chance to play. if it is alright with you, i'd like to sub you in instantly once somebody has been inactive in a DP

small note, the game is probably going to start some hours earlier (anywhere from one to four). something came up that will probably make it not possible for me start the game at 5PM CET. day 1 still ends 5PM CET the following day, this just makes it so that this phase might be some hours longer than originally planned.

Juan
10-28-2016, 12:15 AM
:void

Y
10-28-2016, 10:36 AM

tfw I told you about it days ago.

pls.

Anna
10-28-2016, 12:40 PM
I probably missed it

Sin
10-29-2016, 02:18 AM
outside of anna, is there anyone else up for subbing?

Cake
10-29-2016, 02:25 AM
Try Heart;

pizzadust
10-29-2016, 02:58 AM
I can't say I'd be reliable since I only have internet access primarily through my phone, it's inconvenient, and I'm a bit busy.

pizzadust
10-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Yo thisgame is fking hilarious :tom

X
10-30-2016, 04:38 PM
Cake; Albion; Erinyes; X; Crispinianus; DoflaMihawk; i c e; Game Master; Y; Tendou;

- - - Updated - - -

Testing this shit out.

Crispickle
10-30-2016, 05:01 PM
I can't believe this game :tom