Featherine
05-18-2016, 12:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc_udNXRtw

If you haven't read Part 5 I advise you to not watch this

what is your opinion on him?

Egress
05-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Diavolo was decent,overall.

And of course he was a good villain. His fight with Bruno was one of the best entrances in this series, killed one of my fav characters from part 5 in a brutal way, had a split persona, and used his Stand competently. Diavolo deserves praise

but still. his death was the only one among jojo villains whose personality changed so significantly. went from a badass to a scaredy-cat. all the other villains struggled till the very end. that's something to think about.

DoflaMihawk
05-18-2016, 11:47 PM
From what I remember, he didn't seem all that interesting in comparison to the best JJBA villains. But I'm re-reading now so after that I'll watch the video and have more to say.

LordPerucho
05-19-2016, 12:43 AM
Diavolo was decent,overall.

And of course he was a good villain. His fight with Bruno was one of the best entrances in this series, killed one of my fav characters from part 5 in a brutal way, had a split persona, and used his Stand competently. Diavolo deserves praise

but still. his death was the only one among jojo villains whose personality changed so significantly. went from a badass to a scaredy-cat. all the other villains struggled till the very end. that's something to think about.

Doppio was very underrated tbh.

Thinkingtomyself
05-19-2016, 03:20 AM
He's solid overall although I feel more should of been expanded on his past specifically about the arrows and I would of like to see the cause of his split-personality. Overall he would of been better with more development.

Gorilla
05-19-2016, 03:46 AM
Diavolo was a good villain, but he definitely pales in comparison to the likes of Dio, Kira, Valentine, or even Pucci. I get that keeping his past a mystery is part of the point of his character, but it doesn't do a lot to actually make him interesting.

I did really like Doppio though, I would've liked to see more of him.

DoflaMihawk
05-26-2016, 12:59 AM
Okay I admit I do like Diavolo more as a character after watching this video. The theme of Fate and how his ideals runs counter to Giorno and the gang's was interesting to listen to.

Of course I've never really looked into Dio and Kira in this kind of detail, so chances are I'll still like them when I look at all the villains in-depth.