PDA

View Full Version : My story Verse in the UBD

Rax
06-29-2015, 06:32 AM
When the series starts to get more feats, characters, and such, would anyone like to see threads in the UBD with them?

I think it'd be fun and since I'm on the forum I'd actually be able to answer questions about stuff in the verse that people have issues with like we have with other verses but can't figure out proper information for.

I ran out of good names
06-29-2015, 10:05 AM
Island level pebble solos your verse.

Rax
06-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Stop, Neru :(

Bob
06-29-2015, 10:19 AM
is there a character with time stop in your verse? :hmm
and is that persons name ferez?

Rax
06-29-2015, 10:24 AM
No :psyduck

Go read it, Bob :33

Bob
06-29-2015, 10:25 AM
I may, but seeing as how u are relentless in all you replies to my stuff I dont have time :(

I ran out of good names
06-29-2015, 10:26 AM
Do I scale to country level yet?

Rax
06-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Algroth is the only one capable of such feats at the moment right now

The only other creature in the known series capable of above feats of country level Is the Singularity Sparrow

Bob
06-29-2015, 10:30 AM
http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/juv_housesparrow_tcm9-69630.jpg?width=530&crop=(612,796,2096,1632)confirmed country level+

Rax
06-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Obviously it's not a real life sparrow

Bob
06-29-2015, 10:53 AM
ofc I expect it to be much bigger :P

Sin
06-29-2015, 11:02 AM
what exactly would the point of that be? it would turn to author vs reader and you can pretty much pull feats etc. out of your ass so discussion is pointless. even so, i don't think anyone would actually be interested in it either way.

- - - Updated - - -

your initial threads about it got locked anyways, if you decide to do it on a large scale instead you're most likely just going to get section banned.

Maki
06-29-2015, 11:52 AM
As long as you're not like that one guy who had his omni above all omnis OC.

X
06-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Judging from this thread, I say no.

Akrona
06-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Wait, are you talking about that big story your working on where you made characters based off of people on TMF?

X
06-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Wait, are you talking about that big story your working on where you made characters based off of people on TMF?

Yes he is.

Makenzye
06-29-2015, 03:59 PM
If say not. If anything you'll start to tailor your characters specifically for this task, and that would be a huge negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially given your fondness for things like stats and power levels.

Nightfall
06-29-2015, 04:11 PM
I better be country level in hype alone:pek

Great Potato
06-29-2015, 04:24 PM
That sounds like a terrible idea.

Alex D. Boss
06-29-2015, 04:26 PM
I want to be Universe level rax :hhh

Rax
06-29-2015, 04:34 PM
I'm not gonna just throw feats to counter characters. Not gonna mess around with the plot and everything I already have planned for that.

I think it'd be interesting. It'd give TMF a uniqueness that no other forum has

Bob
06-29-2015, 04:35 PM
na dnt like this idea

Rax
06-29-2015, 04:36 PM
If say not. If anything you'll start to tailor your characters specifically for this task, and that would be a huge negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially given your fondness for things like stats and power levels.

I wouldn't ruin the series by just mashing stuff to counter set characters thst would previously beat a character. That'd ruin my story

Yes, some of the characters are TMF based

Makenzye
06-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Think about it this way. If we say yes you may start to feel the need to "correct" characters who might be beaten by probably subconsciously (hopefully not intentionally) giving them specific power ups to deal with situations they were hypothetically defeated in.

For instance you may find your character loses to an ice using character by being frozen so in a future arc you may feel the need to provide a feat where your character gets out of a very similar situation so it couldn't be used. Or you may start installing magic anti psychic barriers to prevent intrusion, or all sorts of stuff to basically "win" the UBD. I again say wanting your characters in the UBD will have you writing simply for them being in the UBD. This happened in another forum when we started allowing personal characters and it turned into characters who can control lightning specifically becoming large scale energy manipulator a who could defeat the likes of Quasar because they could "just absorb his energy". Just don't do it, mayne.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't have to be your intention either. The background knowledge of participating in the UBD will taint your character growth because you will start using other series characters to develop defenses and offenses.

Rax
06-29-2015, 04:44 PM
I don't plan on doing that seeing as it'd mean I would have to make every single character > The One above all :geg

NO, It won't.

I don't plan on altering I stuff and the characters I already have plan just to counter UBD Stuff

I've been laying feats and information out so they could enter the UBD. It'd be the same as any other character, solid feats, power explanations , their weaknesses and skills

Crispinianus
06-29-2015, 04:47 PM
When the series starts to get more feats, characters, and such, would anyone like to see threads in the UBD with them?

I think it'd be fun and since I'm on the forum I'd actually be able to answer questions about stuff in the verse that people have issues with like we have with other verses but can't figure out proper information for.

I was a fookin' legend in Gin Alley.

Valyrian Steel
06-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Dumbest idea I've heard in a while

Makenzye
06-29-2015, 04:55 PM
I don't plan on doing that seeing as it'd mean I would have to make every single character > The One above all :geg

NO, It won't.

I don't plan on altering I stuff and the characters I already have plan just to counter UBD Stuff

I've been laying feats and information out so they could enter the UBD. It'd be the same as any other character, solid feats, power explanations , their weaknesses and skills

That right there is what I was talking about. You're going to focus far too much on the UBD and it's going to overtake what you're working on.

Think it won't? It won't be obvious to you because you'll be self justifying your newer developments all the while serving your agenda of wanting to be in the UBD. You don't have to think it. Given your propensity to liking overpowered and seemingly invincible characters and complaining about how feats have to be calculated, you've already started down the path.

If if people down the line ultimately like your characters enough to want to use them in the UBD then they will. But showing a fervent desire to have your characters participate undermines and colors your work in an extremely negative fashion, where creativity and story take a backseat to "My bros are tougher."

This is will sound weird, I'm sure, but I respect your willingness to write a story and put it here for others to see to the point I feel I should steer you away from an idea which will ultimately turn your story to trite.

Every r writer should hear and understand constructive criticism, and that's what I'm offering you here.

Im saying this as a person who wants to see you grow into a better and more thoughtful writer.

Rax
06-29-2015, 04:57 PM
So if the author of a manga, such as Toriko, showed up out of nowhere and started posting on TMF we wouldn't be allowed to use Toriko anymore? :psyduck

I don't plan on catering purely to the UBD with my story, I just want to be able to use the characters in the UBD cause I thought it'd be fun.

I have a set level of where each character is standing and don't plan on super power jumping them purely so that they could stomp One Piece characters or whatever you think I would do.
\

Dumbest idea I've heard in a while

>Doesn't even post in the UBD

:giogio

- - - Updated - - -

That right there is what I was talking about. You're going to focus far too much on the UBD and it's going to overtake what you're working on.

Think it won't? It won't be obvious to you because you'll be self justifying your newer developments all the while serving your agenda of wanting to be in the UBD. You don't have to think it. Given your propensity to liking overpowered and seemingly invincible characters and complaining about how feats have to be calculated, you've already started down the path.

If if people down the line ultimately like your characters enough to want to use them in the UBD then they will. But showing a fervent desire to have your characters participate undermines and colors your work in an extremely negative fashion, where creativity and story take a backseat to "My bros are tougher."

This is will sound weird, I'm sure, but I respect your willingness to write a story and put it here for others to see to the point I feel I should steer you away from an idea which will ultimately turn your story to trite.

Every r writer should hear and understand constructive criticism, and that's what I'm offering you here.

No, I have to be descriptive seeing as I can't use visuals to show feats and such

Quit fucking assuming I'm going to do this. If it happens then the verse can just be banned from the section.

AT LEAST let it have a trial run

X
06-29-2015, 05:19 PM
This proves Rax's stubbornness. Everyone says it is a bad idea and he still insists that he is right.

Valyrian Steel
06-29-2015, 05:26 PM
The biggest issue is how you are trying to force feed this. It would be another thing if people used your characters on their own volition. Listen to what Mak told you

Rax
06-29-2015, 05:43 PM
At least give it a trial run :geg

X
06-29-2015, 05:53 PM
At least give it a trial run :geg

You're missing the entire point, Rax.

Makenzye
06-29-2015, 06:19 PM
So if the author of a manga, such as Toriko, showed up out of nowhere and started posting on TMF we wouldn't be allowed to use Toriko anymore? :psyduck

I don't plan on catering purely to the UBD with my story, I just want to be able to use the characters in the UBD cause I thought it'd be fun.

I have a set level of where each character is standing and don't plan on super power jumping them purely so that they could stomp One Piece characters or whatever you think I would do.
\

>Doesn't even post in the UBD

:giogio

- - - Updated - - -

No, I have to be descriptive seeing as I can't use visuals to show feats and such

Quit fucking assuming I'm going to do this. If it happens then the verse can just be banned from the section.

AT LEAST let it have a trial run

I can give two shits about the UBD. My only concern is the degradation of the story and its characters due to misplaced and invisible priorities.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest issue is how you are trying to force feed this. It would be another thing if people used your characters on their own volition. Listen to what Mak told you

Exactly. If people want to, they will. Putting the idea in their head pretty much ensures they will only see the story through the lens of Rax wanting it to be for the UBD. The story will be relegated to all the importance of a character bio on the back of an action figure box.

Y
06-29-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm against it, but not for the sake of locking your verse out of the UBD. I just feel like it would hurt your series if the characters could be used and it would become alot more stat centric especially with the members having own characters. I, however, see no reason to keep it out of there once you finished the project / a major saga.

Rax
06-29-2015, 08:56 PM
I promise that it won't.

If I try and mess with the series just to make them beat characters they previously lost to due to specific power reasons I will request a section ban from the UBD.

X
06-29-2015, 09:26 PM
You've already done this though by adding stats and power levels that are awkwardly put in there. I mean, not a lot of stories have specific statements of what Mach speed someone is at or that they have power comparable to two and a half TNT explosions.

Rax
06-29-2015, 09:28 PM
I put in stats in chapter 1 so people on TMF could get at least a little bit of their character so they wouldn't bug me as much about them being in the series,.

Great Potato
06-29-2015, 09:37 PM
Green Lantern vs Chiggity Chuck

Location- Oa
Distance- 2000 meters

Two hours prep time for both sides. Chiggity Chuck is my own creation, he can teleport planets, use mind control, and can create very detailed plans with the right prep time. Ask me if you want to know more about him.

^Can you honestly say this is a thread you see appealing to people, or something you'd want to see more of around the UBD?

Rax
06-29-2015, 09:41 PM
There's a difference between just making a character out of nowhere and throwing it in and taking one from a story already present to the people :psyduck

X
06-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Do you not realize how narcissistic this is though? You want your made up characters to be matched up and mentioned in the same breath as actual characters that have been developed and thought about over time, published in the main stream and made money, and adored by millions of fans. Not to mention the main character is named after your own username.

Rax
06-29-2015, 09:44 PM
I used my username after the character :geg

X
06-29-2015, 09:46 PM
I used my username after the character :geg

What does it matter? It is one in the same. You can't say that your behavior right now isn't narcissistic.

Rax
06-29-2015, 09:47 PM
I don't see what the problem is in having them in the UBD :sanji

I already said if I try and stray from the plot of the story to cater to trying to cheat fights in the UBD with them I'd request a section ban from the UBD :geg

Makenzye
06-29-2015, 10:02 PM
You'd have to have enough self awareness to do that, and you don't have enough to even see what you're asking for.

- - - Updated - - -

You're way too hungry for this and it just comes off as you simply wanting UBD participation over your own story.

If if you think that will attract readers, I'll tell you it's more likely to drive them away.

Kane
06-29-2015, 10:03 PM
If people wanna use it, they'll use it.

Rax
06-29-2015, 11:06 PM
If people wanna use it, they'll use it.

Seems fair enough

White
06-29-2015, 11:07 PM
Not in favour of a strict yes or no ir just saying no to something straight off the bat. You can make whatever type of thread you want here, just don't be surprised if it gets locked if it gets out of hand

Maki
06-30-2015, 12:54 AM
Make sure I have conceptual powers.

Rax
06-30-2015, 01:46 AM
You get nothing

Maki
06-30-2015, 03:32 AM
I see how it is.

Rax
06-30-2015, 03:47 AM
Calm down, Maki