PDA

View Full Version : Question.

Numinous One
06-14-2015, 07:01 AM
Been thinking about putting Kaladin in a match lately, just wanted to see what the consensus on this is.

Szeth was ahead. Kaladin Lashed himself through the tempest toward him, jerking one way, then the other. Dodging blitzes of lightning, ducking under hurled boulders, blinking away the sheets of driven rain.
A whirlwind of chaos.

At that point in time his reservoir of power was capped, so it's not something I would think he can do all the time.
But, would that be legit lightning dodging? I'm of a mind it is, since it outright states it.
Just wanna confirm.

Also, this all took place in a storm vicious enough to lift up plateaus to cloud height.
Here.

As Kaladin chased Szeth, something gargantuan moved beneath the clouds, a shadow the size of a city. A second later, the top of an entire plateau broke through the dark clouds, twisting slowly, as if it had been thrown upward from below.

Just how powerful would a storm need to be to do that? If it's even possible to be calced. If it is, it could probably be converted to PSI to work out how much his body had to withstand there.
Even if we can't work that out, he has pretty solid regen to make up for it and a bullshit weapon to use.

Rax
06-14-2015, 07:02 AM
WHO NOW

I ran out of good names
06-14-2015, 09:11 PM
Been thinking about putting Kaladin in a match lately, just wanted to see what the consensus on this is.

Szeth was ahead. Kaladin Lashed himself through the tempest toward him, jerking one way, then the other. Dodging blitzes of lightning, ducking under hurled boulders, blinking away the sheets of driven rain.
A whirlwind of chaos.

At that point in time his reservoir of power was capped, so it's not something I would think he can do all the time.
But, would that be legit lightning dodging? I'm of a mind it is, since it outright states it.
Just wanna confirm.
It does look like legit lightning dodging. The speed he needs to have to pull that feat of is a different thing though.

Also, this all took place in a storm vicious enough to lift up plateaus to cloud height.
Here.

As Kaladin chased Szeth, something gargantuan moved beneath the clouds, a shadow the size of a city. A second later, the top of an entire plateau broke through the dark clouds, twisting slowly, as if it had been thrown upward from below.

Just how powerful would a storm need to be to do that? If it's even possible to be calced. If it is, it could probably be converted to PSI to work out how much his body had to withstand there.
Even if we can't work that out, he has pretty solid regen to make up for it and a bullshit weapon to use.What exactly did the storm do? I'm a bit confused.

Did it send the top of the plateau flying?

you'd need to size of that portion of the plateau to be able to determine its weight, and then you'd apply KE to it with a timeframe of one second, while the distance it crossed would be the distance between its initial location and the height of the clouds.

White
06-14-2015, 09:13 PM
Yeah reaction speed =/= actual speed

Its difficult to really get a grasp of him just based on this stuff along

Maki
06-14-2015, 09:42 PM
I've actually read this. He's probably got high end hs reaction speed and iirc some precog, about hs movement and combat speed. dc about building level, but his shardblade ignores durability and with lashing his dc is only limited to how much shit he can throw around and how much stormlight he has. durability is also building level but he has quite good regen.