PDA

View Full Version : Justice League: Gods and Monsters [Movie Discussion Thread]

Murphy
05-14-2015, 02:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8iIolD4BU4

In an alternate universe, the Justice League is a brutal force that maintains order on Earth. Superman is the son of General Zod, who was rocketed to Earth as a child and raised by a family of Mexican immigrants. Batman is Kirk Langstrom, a scientist who has inadvertently transformed himself into a vampire in an attempt to cure his cancer. Wonder Woman is Bekka, who was the bride of the New God Orion. However, the Justice League's unaccountability is challenged by the world's governments following the suspicious deaths of renowned scientists.

Legendary artist, producer and animator Bruce Timm returns to the world of DC animated films with Justice League: Gods and Monsters, a new full-length movie set in an alternate DC Universe. In this exclusive DC All Access clip, we check out the Justice League: Gods and Monsters trailer before getting the goods on a couple of other Gods and Monsters-related projects from Timm.

To put things in perspective, Bruce Timm is the man that single-handedly shaped most of the DC animated universe (so much so that DC's animated verse is often called the Timmverse), so it's good to have him back. Even though it's only going to be for a short while. Anyway, what do you guys think of the character designs?

V
05-14-2015, 03:32 AM
These animated comic movies are pretty entertaining

VICE
05-14-2015, 03:33 AM
Well I'm relatively fresh from rewatching JLA so I'm fine with them.

Pimp of Pimps
05-14-2015, 03:37 AM
Seems interesting to say the least. Will definitely be watching this.

V
05-14-2015, 03:51 AM
Supes looks like he sells dope

VICE
05-14-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm interested to see kirk langman's code of honor.

Murphy
05-14-2015, 09:00 PM
Supes looks like he sells dope
Haha I bet you said that because he's Mexican. That's racist.

That said I'd laugh pretty hard if they shown him eating tacos.

I'm interested to see kirk langman's code of honor.
Same here, and his character design might be my favorite out of the trio.

VICE
05-14-2015, 09:03 PM
Supes the one who's interesting looking imo. I mean finally, not a boy scout.

ay dios mio indeed.

Nordlending
05-14-2015, 09:07 PM
I like this superman better already.

Live Fast Eat Ass
05-14-2015, 09:08 PM
Sounds dumb

Murphy
06-11-2015, 12:41 AM
DC and Machinima have been releasing short web episodes to lead us into the movie, it gives us a sneak peak of each character's personality in that alternate universe. Wonder Woman's episode will come out a bit later this week, but Superman and Batman's are already out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYSxN4ezhO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpu6yPAFHrs

VICE
06-11-2015, 12:59 AM
Who cares what wonderwoman has to say? i find her design the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Man that superman one was GOOD.

Oh shit those bags of heads.

THAT BATMAN ONE WAS GOAT.

Nordlending
06-11-2015, 01:11 AM
Damn the Superman one was fantastic. I like this guy better than the other superman.

- - - Updated - - -

The batman one was even darker. There was so many corpses. This is a bold move from the makers. Think how many Christian moms they are going to upset by showing a lady (laugh) in her underwear on a kids cartoon.

- - - Updated - - -
Makenzye; Get in here. Tell us what you think.

Makenzye
06-11-2015, 01:58 AM
As I'm a sucker for elseworlds stories I can't help but be interested in how characters are adapted in different ways.

Don't care for Supermans design. I like the whole Amazonian/Fury look for WW. Batman's look is superb.

Needless less to say I'll be checking this all out before I make any real judgement as elseworlds stories can be equally shit. I'm looking at you Act of God. That said I don't care much for Superman coming from Zod since I doubt it'll play into the story more than generic family drama this sort of story would have. An indecisive Superman is more interesting with or without.

Nordlending
06-11-2015, 02:02 AM
As I'm a sucker for elseworlds stories I can't help but be interested in how characters are adapted in different ways.

Don't care for Supermans design. I like the whole Amazonian/Fury look for WW. Batman's look is superb.

Needless less to say I'll be checking this all out before I make any real judgement as elseworlds stories can be equally shit. I'm looking at you Act of God. That said I don't care much for Superman coming from Zod since I doubt it'll play into the story more than generic family drama this sort of story would have. An indecisive Superman is more interesting with or without.

Bruce Timm. What do you know about that guy? Murphy seems to love him.

Makenzye
06-11-2015, 02:14 AM

He is extremely well known for basically ushering in the DC animated universe and his Art Deco style defines it, as well as the creation of Harley Quinn alongside the equally talented Paul Dini, and she was so popular they made her a comic character. Due to his persistent presence with DC animated shows, they more or less are woven together quite well. Most notably was a show that started out as Batman in high school and then changed into Batman Beyond was tied into the Justice League canon and that show was used to give the deluxe Batman Beyond a fond farewell episode. He's also worked on other comics for other companies including Marvel and dynamite but mostly works in animation stuff. The guy is great talent who was able to utilize a medium which has had its fair share of trouble with superheroes and his distinct and versatile art style is quite refreshing. However some fans will point to the aforementioned Paul Dini and say Timm owes a lot to him where the truth is both of them needed each other to get where they are.

He also did did the wonderful Freakazoid.

VICE
06-11-2015, 02:19 AM
Was animator in justice league.

so he's been doing this for a while

Makenzye
06-11-2015, 02:23 AM
I should have added Dini also worked on Freakazoid

- - - Updated - - -

Was animator in justice league.

so he's been doing this for a while

Longer than that. Batman the animated series is where that all got its start.

Marimo
06-13-2015, 10:55 PM
OK WOW! That Superman one was fucking DARK! :o Like holy shit he just......wow

The batman one not so much...actual BAT man not as appealing tbh

Rax
06-13-2015, 11:02 PM
I've ordered year 2 and am waiting for thst

- - - Updated - - -

>thought this was for Gods among us

Fuck

Murphy
06-14-2015, 03:38 AM
Wonder Woman's episode is up. lol she's such a nympho in this version. :lmao

Better have a good libido if you wanna stand a chance with this chick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWLqnjFN64

Marimo
06-18-2015, 12:50 AM
What a hoe :mihawk

Yeah time to stop taking this seriously. This is now a joke movie

Pimp of Pimps
10-25-2015, 02:54 AM
About to watch this.

Underfed Somali
10-25-2015, 04:03 AM
Wow this is all kinds of awesome.

Pimp of Pimps
10-25-2015, 04:25 AM
Finished it.

Was actually very, very good. Which was expected I suppose given who wrote it.

Who else has seen this?

@VICE: @Makenzye: Murphy;

V
10-25-2015, 05:01 AM
link to it

is this a movie or a bunch of episodes

VICE
10-25-2015, 05:02 AM
I've yet to seen it.

But I'm in the Mood. I'll get to it after I've slept.

Pimp of Pimps
10-25-2015, 10:27 PM
link to it

is this a movie or a bunch of episodes

It's a movie. Created by Bruce Timm, the guy who is basically responsible for the DC animated universe.

All I have are torrent links:

https://kat.cr/justice-league-gods-and-monsters-2015-720p-web-dl-x264-aac-etrg-t10925061.html#main

V
10-25-2015, 10:49 PM
yea ill watch this tonight

V
10-26-2015, 12:12 AM
It was pretty decent

Pimp of Pimps
10-26-2015, 12:14 AM
It was pretty decent

What was your favorite part of the movie?

V
10-26-2015, 12:20 AM
Probably the flashbacks for WW and Batman, it gave us a bit more to work off of since they are new characters. For the rest of the movie the black scientist and his son ( cyborg?) putting up a fight against the nano bots was decent.

I think the movie was pretty decent and up bats/supes/ww in a different light but they really were not the same characters. It had its issues though

Murphy
10-26-2015, 04:30 AM
@Pimp of Pimps (http://www.millenniumforums.com/member.php?u=14)

I enjoyed it as well, had good animation although it suffered from an average plot. The Wonder Woman of this universe is probably my favorite ever, I dig her overall concept and that character design a lot.

Ps: It's been announced that Machinima will release 10 animated episodes set in the same universe (source (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/04/justice-league-gods-and-monsters-chronicles-announced-by-machinima-wb-and-dc-comics/)). Something to look forward to.

VICE
10-26-2015, 11:49 PM
It was a good movie!

Pimp of Pimps
10-31-2015, 11:38 PM
Probably the flashbacks for WW and Batman, it gave us a bit more to work off of since they are new characters. For the rest of the movie the black scientist and his son ( cyborg?) putting up a fight against the nano bots was decent.

I think the movie was pretty decent and up bats/supes/ww in a different light but they really were not the same characters. It had its issues though

What did you like the least about the movie?

@Pimp of Pimps (http://www.millenniumforums.com/member.php?u=14)

I enjoyed it as well, had good animation although it suffered from an average plot. The Wonder Woman of this universe is probably my favorite ever, I dig her overall concept and that character design a lot.

Ps: It's been announced that Machinima will release 10 animated episodes set in the same universe (source (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/04/justice-league-gods-and-monsters-chronicles-announced-by-machinima-wb-and-dc-comics/)). Something to look forward to.

Wow, that's awesome. Looking forward to it.

It was a good movie!

Did it exceed your expectations?

Makenzye
10-31-2015, 11:40 PM
Saw this some time back. Wasn't bad.

Pimp of Pimps
10-31-2015, 11:42 PM
Saw this some time back. Wasn't bad.

What do you think about how Highfather was portrayed in this movie?

That was the part that probably surprised me the most to be honest.

And isn't Orion supposed to be Highfather's son anyway?

Makenzye
10-31-2015, 11:47 PM
What do you think about how Highfather was portrayed in this movie?

That was the part that probably surprised me the most to be honest.

And isn't Orion supposed to be Highfather's son anyway?

Orion is the biological son of Darkseid traded to New Genesis as part of their peace treaty.

I think the most surprising part was Superman being raised by immigrants. It's been done before in notable comics like Red Son, but it was a little surprising for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I did like how they used Bekka.

Pimp of Pimps
10-31-2015, 11:48 PM
Orion is the biological son of Darkseid traded to New Genesis as part of their peace treaty.

I think the most surprising part was Superman being raised by immigrants. It's been done before in notable comics like Red Son, but it was a little surprising for some reason.

Ah, for some reason I thought Highfather traded him to Darkseid and he eventually found his way back.

We didn't even get to hear him speak Spanish. :(

Makenzye
10-31-2015, 11:53 PM
Ah, for some reason I thought Highfather traded him to Darkseid and he eventually found his way back.

We didn't even get to hear him speak Spanish. :(
He just used a few phrases that reminded me here and there.

Without the Motherbox, Orion has a nearly uncontrollable rage and his body and face shape to look more like Darkseid.

VICE
10-31-2015, 11:58 PM
What did you like the least about the movie?

Wow, that's awesome. Looking forward to it.

Did it exceed your expectations?

I wasn't looking forward to meeting more Justice League members, or liking Wonder woman's backstory.

So yes!

It just doesn't feel like a movie to me. more of a good 3 parter episode.

V
11-01-2015, 12:07 AM
The ending was pretty bad and the villains were pretty lackluster.

VICE
11-01-2015, 12:17 AM
oh yeah the 3rd part was the weakest.

But the setup and the build up was great!

Pimp of Pimps
11-01-2015, 12:20 AM
I actually liked the villains, didn't expect that to be honest.

What did you guys think about Luthor? Interesting take on his character.

@Z (http://www.millenniumforums.com/member.php?u=6); Have you seen this movie?