PDA

View Full Version : UBD Profile: Kenpachi Zaraki

Kane
05-10-2015, 03:44 AM
Here is the page for Kenpachi Zaraki, one of the captains of the Gotei 13, from Bleach.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/d/db/Zaraki_Kenpachi.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/400?cb=20140614164711

Stats
DC: Large Island Level
Speed: Massively Hypersonic
Durability: Large Island Level
Stamina: Extremely High, Can fight with grievous wounds
Lifting Strength: ?
Range: Standard Melee Range

Characteristics
Intelligence: Has decades of Battle Experience
Standard Equipment: His Zanpakutō, Nozaarashi, and a limiter eye patch, bells on his hair to allow his opponents to anticipate his movements
Powers and Abilites: Super strength, speed, durability, endurance, agility, Zanjutsu master (art of the sword), Hakuda expert (hand-to-hand combat), the ability to use Reiryoku and exert it as Reiatsu (used to increase the user's offensive power and defensive abilities), can sense beings with Reiatsu, the ability to use Shikai (upgrades that increase his Reiatsu)
Weaknesses: Dangerously overconfident, holds back extremely, willingly limits himself by using an energy stealing eye patch, braiding bells into his hair, using his sword one-handed,

Notable Techniques
?

Source: http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Zaraki_Kenpachi

Suggestions?
Corrections?

Rax
05-10-2015, 04:16 AM
Don't go and copy and paste stuff from another place.

The entire point of this was for the regulars of the UBD to discuss feats and such and decide on where we are going to put him :pek

Kane
05-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Don't go and copy and paste stuff from another place.

The entire point of this was for the regulars of the UBD to discuss feats and such and decide on where we are going to put him :pek
It provides a good basis, cause I'm not gonna sift through the series to find stamina feats or something like that.

Alright, what do you wanna discuss?

Rax
05-10-2015, 04:19 AM
There's no way his durability is only MCB and I also don't believe his DC is that high at all.

Kane
05-10-2015, 04:21 AM
There's no way his durability is only MCB and I also don't believe his DC is that high at all.
Post a scan indicating him having above MCB durability.

And show me your reasoning as to why he shouldn't have island level DC.

WILD
05-10-2015, 04:26 AM
There's some ground rules we need to set up. How do we go about scaling? What should our plan be in regards to accepting whether calcs are viable or not?

Rax
05-10-2015, 04:26 AM
:pek

Because IIRC Sternritters like Mask De Masculine was like town level via wrecking captains and from the sheer level of power going on for Kenpachi, I don't see that dude possessing the capabilities to one shot him.

And via his DC, I don't see the Seireitei being island sized.

Kane
05-10-2015, 04:34 AM
There's some ground rules we need to set up. How do we go about scaling? What should our plan be in regards to accepting whether calcs are viable or not?
Scaling? Are you talking about scaling to other people or pixel scaling?

Calcs are hit and miss imo, generally I don't really trust them to much, but it would depend on the calc I guess.

Rax
05-10-2015, 04:38 AM
Calcs are shit. Scalings are fine though as long as they aren't only to one verse.

Kane
05-10-2015, 04:39 AM
Calcs are shit. Scalings are fine though as long as they aren't only to one verse.
What do you mean by that?

WILD
05-10-2015, 04:40 AM
I'm referring to power scaling not pixel scaling. I think pixel scaling should really be taken with a grain of salt in accordance to how well the author consistently portrays the size of objects in comparison to everything around it. That being said, How much DC does 5 Gigajoules of energy have?

Kane
05-10-2015, 04:40 AM
I'm referring to power scaling not pixel scaling. I think pixel scaling should really be taken with a grain of salt in accordance to how well the author consistently portrays the size of objects in comparison to everything around it. That being said, How much DC does 5 Gigajoules of energy have?

:lmao

WILD
05-10-2015, 04:42 AM
:lmao
So that's how you're going to approach my question?

Rax
05-10-2015, 04:43 AM
The problem with calcs and scalings are when only verses people who do them get them.

Such as if I only ever scaled FT and no other verse used got it.

Kane
05-10-2015, 04:46 AM
So that's how you're going to approach my question?
1.2 tons of TNT, so large building level, according to this scale.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Terms_and_Definitions

Powerscaling should be allowed in terms of DC, Speed, and Durability imo. Obviously with some series like Bleach it may not make sense to scale people to DC but if its something Like Toriko/Naruto/OP it should be fine.

WILD
05-10-2015, 04:50 AM
1.2 tons of TNT, so large building level, according to this scale.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Terms_and_Definitions

Powerscaling should be allowed in terms of DC, Speed, and Durability imo. Obviously with some series like Bleach it may not make sense to scale people to DC but if its something Like Toriko/Naruto/OP it should be fine.
The problem is with the discrepancy that just because one stat is at that level does not mean it unilaterally applies across the board. I find it hard to believe there isn't a single panel of Kenpachi displaying higher then MCB durability, but I'll readily admit I'm too lazy to go scouring scans to find some.

Kane
05-10-2015, 04:51 AM
Does anybody object to Kenny having town level durability by virtue of scaling?

The thing with Kenpachi is the only durability feats I've heard of for him is surviving in space and deflecting a Cero from Nnoitra.

WILD
05-10-2015, 04:54 AM
That seems like a fair assessment to make

Kane
05-10-2015, 05:02 AM
Cool, if there is any other reason to upgrade his durablility let me know.

Next up his DC, is it accurate? Personally I think he is Island level.

Shunssj
05-10-2015, 05:03 AM
the hell do you guys mean? he physically destroyed the meteor with a swing, meaning his body was in contact with it. His durability is the same as his DC

Kane
05-10-2015, 05:05 AM
the hell do you guys mean? he physically destroyed the meteor with a swing, meaning his body was in contact with it. His durability is the same as his DC

Any indication it was body that touched it and not his blade?

Rax
05-10-2015, 05:06 AM

No, cause it could easily be something to do with his sword's ability.

WILD
05-10-2015, 05:28 AM
There's two ways I see this. 1. The energy from the meteor had to have transferred from his blade unto his body and thus his body has the durability to withstand the force of the kinetic impact, or 2. His blade immediately fragmented it on contact and thus he was never subjected to the Total force present as his blade subverted it away instantaneously. Which one sounds more viable?

black star
05-10-2015, 05:34 AM
Here is the page for Kenpachi Zaraki, one of the captains of the Gotei 13, from Bleach.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/d/db/Zaraki_Kenpachi.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/400?cb=20140614164711

Stats
DC: Large Island Level
Speed: Massively Hypersonic
Durability: Town Level
Stamina: Extremely High, Can fight with grievous wounds
Lifting Strength: ?
Range: Standard Melee Range

Characteristics
Intelligence: Has decades of Battle Experience
Standard Equipment: His Zanpakutō, Nozaarashi, and a limiter eye patch, bells on his hair to allow his opponents to anticipate his movements
Powers and Abilites: Super strength, speed, durability, endurance, agility, Zanjutsu master (art of the sword), Hakuda expert (hand-to-hand combat), the ability to use Reiryoku and exert it as Reiatsu (used to increase the user's offensive power and defensive abilities), can sense beings with Reiatsu, the ability to use Shikai (upgrades that increase his Reiatsu)
Weaknesses: Dangerously overconfident, holds back extremely, willingly limits himself by using an energy stealing eye patch, braiding bells into his hair, using his sword one-handed,

Notable Techniques
?

Source: http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Zaraki_Kenpachi

Suggestions?
Corrections?

I don't think his DC is that high. Multi Mountain okay but island no.

- - - Updated - - -

There's two ways I see this. 1. The energy from the meteor had to have transferred from his blade unto his body and thus his body has the durability to withstand the force of the kinetic impact, or 2. His blade immediately fragmented it on contact and thus he was never subjected to the Total force present as his blade subverted it away instantaneously. Which one sounds more viable?

I think second one is more reasonable

Kane
05-10-2015, 05:34 AM
I don't think his DC is that high. Multi Mountain okay but island no.

- - - Updated - - -

I think second one is more reasonable

Reasons?

Egress
05-10-2015, 05:45 AM
Gremmy stated that he'd be killed if he took a direct hit from the meteorite. Guy also got hurt by his exploding clones. Though, logically seeing as Nozarashi is just a straight-up hack and slash Zanpakuto (hasn't been confirmed it has any ability of any kind), the KE of the meteorite should have passed through his body. Either Nozarashi prevented it from doing so or kenpachi took out the meteor fast enough.

WILD
05-10-2015, 05:49 AM
Would somebody mind posting the scan of that scene so we can judge it accordingly

W
05-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Yo nigga has city level durability unless galaxy room is only town level now, considering people like Ulq are city level I doubt it.

WILD
05-10-2015, 06:06 AM
Yo nigga has city level durability unless galaxy room is only town level now, considering people like Ulq are city level I doubt it.
Galaxy room is more akin to a hax then a quantifiable DC attack. Trying to put a level on that is like trying to put a level on stripping the air out of the room, it's not the energy that kills you it's the physiological effects occurring within your body due to the lack of oxygen.

black star
05-10-2015, 06:07 AM
Reasons?

If that meteor hit the ground it might destroy serrinte. But that will be because of the force with which it will hit. I mean that meteor need acceleration to be island level. But Kenpachi destroy it before it gets accelerated enough. So his feat should be equal or little above destroying a similar stationary chunk of rock of same size. So he must be mountain ++ in DC

Rax
05-10-2015, 06:09 AM
http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/577/3

WILD
05-10-2015, 06:23 AM
Well we see a slash but we're never given a panel directly showing how it contacted and the time frame for its fragmentation seems almost instantaneous. I'm not content with giving him Island level durability because I don't see him simply tanking that meteor if it were to fall on him. However I recall Mask de Masculine having town level attacks and Renji being unphased by it. I would say the most rrasonable thing we could do for now is to give him Town level + to City level durability. Perhaps as a sidenote we could state that it's potentially much higher and that this is the minimum.

W
05-10-2015, 06:25 AM
Kenpachi is Island level the metir was right above the seiritei and he vapourized most of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we see a slash but we're never given a panel directly showing how it contacted and the time frame for its fragmentation seems almost instantaneous. I'm not content with giving him Island level durability because I don't see him simply tanking that meteor if it were to fall on him. However I recall Mask de Masculine having town level attacks and Renji being unphased by it. I would say the most rrasonable thing we could do for now is to give him Town level + to City level durability. Perhaps as a sidenote we could state that it's potentially much higher and that this is the minimum.
City level through scaling, Gremmy's attacks should be stronger than Ulq's. That should be the same for any note worthy Sternritter.

WILD
05-10-2015, 06:29 AM
Kenpachi is Island level the metir was right above the seiritei and he vapourized most of it.
If you read all of the posts then I don't agree with you. The fact is even giving that meteor Island level energy is a big assumption since we don't know how big the Seretei actually is. He could have also hit it at a focal point and the meteor just shattered. If he did that quickly enough he would only be subjected to the amount of force it had for an instant or his blade could literally have subverted it away without his body interacting with the majority of the KE. I stick by my decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I see you were talking about DC. That is another matter entirely.

Egress
05-10-2015, 06:33 AM
Yeh even without the meteor feat, Kenpachi's durability should be at least city level+. I see him taking a Lanza, plus Renji tanked the strongest energy attack of Vollstandig Mask who's far stronger than R2 Ulquiorra.

W
05-10-2015, 06:39 AM
If you read all of the posts then I don't agree with you. The fact is even giving that meteor Island level energy is a big assumption since we don't know how big the Seretei actually is. He could have also hit it at a focal point and the meteor just shattered. If he did that quickly enough he would only be subjected to the amount of force it had for an instant or his blade could literally have subverted it away without his body interacting with the majority of the KE. I stick by my decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I see you were talking about DC. That is another matter entirely.
What did you think I was talking about?

Rax
05-10-2015, 06:44 AM

- - - Updated - - -

City level through scaling, Gremmy's attacks should be stronger than Ulq's. That should be the same for any note worthy Sternritter.

NOTHING suggests Gremmy > Ulq

And no, it didn't vaporize anything :geg

WILD
05-10-2015, 06:47 AM
What did you think I was talking about?
I thought you were still referencing Durability but I think we've reached a concensus amongst the present members for now. To your other point however, theres a reason that people bring up the visual panel of its size explicitly to undermine the meteors DC. Visual it is just the size of a large city at most, that meteor destroying it would not yield the KE anywhere near Island level. This harkens back to whether we take the visual evidence or character statements as more reliable when quantifying feats. Ill continue this discussion tomorrow if we can all manage to because I'm about to pass the fuck out. I'll see you all then, peace out bitches :swag

W
05-10-2015, 06:56 AM
NOTHING suggests Gremmy > Ulq

And no, it didn't vaporize anything :gegUlq got wrecked by Hichigo while Gremmy is a top tier Rax, so STFU and stop talking like you know Bleach and yes he vaporized most of it.

Rax
05-10-2015, 06:57 AM
And how are you possibly getting any way to compare H2 Ichigo and Gremmy at all?

W
05-10-2015, 06:59 AM
H2 Ichigo isn't a top tier.....Plus Starrk is the strongest Espada who lost Shikai Kyoraku.

black star
05-10-2015, 07:06 AM
I thought you were still referencing Durability but I think we've reached a concensus amongst the present members for now. To your other point however, theres a reason that people bring up the visual panel of its size explicitly to undermine the meteors DC. Visual it is just the size of a large city at most, that meteor destroying it would not yield the KE anywhere near Island level. This harkens back to whether we take the visual evidence or character statements as more reliable when quantifying feats. Ill continue this discussion tomorrow if we can all manage to because I'm about to pass the fuck out. I'll see you all then, peace out bitches :swag

I agree if that thing hit ground it might have produce island level KE. But you are missing the point that to produce that much KE it has to be accelerated first which it doesn't get. Kenpachi destroy it prior to it get enough KE.

Rax
05-10-2015, 07:12 AM
And what proof do you have in H2 not being a top tier or even being < Gremmy?

And no one knew Ulq had R2 so how would they judge he was actually at 4 when his real power was never shown to Aizen and the rest? :giogio

He has superior feats than any other Espada.

W
05-10-2015, 07:19 AM
Ulq said himself 3 Espada are stronger than him dumbass.

Rax
05-10-2015, 07:42 AM
And Warod called himself weak and that anyone can take him :lmao

It's called being humble.

None of the other Espada even showed anything even close to R2 Ulq. The only difference is that he had trouble controlling his Lanza.

Again, what possible proof do you have of Gremmy > H2 Ichigo or R2 Ulq?

Bob
05-10-2015, 09:19 AM
gremmy summoned a meteorite that had multi-mountain lvl DC o.O, and he can just BFR either of them to galaxy room, i dont see H2 ichigo and ulq cutting space to escape from there.

Rax
05-10-2015, 09:26 AM
The fuck is a Galaxy Room?

Bob
05-10-2015, 11:48 AM
bfr

Rax
05-10-2015, 11:58 AM
When did he BFR anyone?

Bob
05-10-2015, 12:11 PM
he was about to bfr kenpachi but ken cut through space to escape

Y
05-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Gremmy is worlds above Ulquiorras R2 or H2 Ichigo :lmao

Kens durability should be city level, DC is fine at average island.

Rax
05-10-2015, 01:12 PM
It's not island level at all.

ANd what proof has him above H2 Ichi?

Kane
05-10-2015, 02:54 PM
If that meteor hit the ground it might destroy serrinte. But that will be because of the force with which it will hit. I mean that meteor need acceleration to be island level. But Kenpachi destroy it before it gets accelerated enough. So his feat should be equal or little above destroying a similar stationary chunk of rock of same size. So he must be mountain ++ in DC

Can you prove that the meteor was still accelerating?

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any objections to Ken having city level durability through scaling?

Ichiryuu
05-10-2015, 03:16 PM
He survived explosions of a couple of missiles and later an exploding gremmy after he was already damaged in the galaxy room. though idk where that puts him.

Y
05-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Kenpachi beeing transcended for starters, no one was capable of feeling his reiatsu, that alone puts him literal "dimensions" above H2 :lmao

Kane
05-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Kenny's durability has been upgraded to city level.

Now we need to decide on his DC, which basically boils down to how big you think Seireitei is, here are some statements athat can be applied to the size of seireitei.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/0/0b/Bleach-1587669.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140509232928
Here Yoruichi states that it takes ten days to walk from one gate to another, which indicates that Seireitei is pretty large.

Ichiryuu
05-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Kenny's durability has been upgraded to city level.

Now we need to decide on his DC, which basically boils down to how big you think Seireitei is, here are some statements athat can be applied to the size of seireitei.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/0/0b/Bleach-1587669.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140509232928
Here Yoruichi states that it takes ten days to walk from one gate to another, which indicates that Seireitei is pretty large.

Understatement, even if you walked as slow as a normal being and had a lot of breaks, it would still be country sized.

Kane
05-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Understatement, even if you walked as slow as a normal being and had a lot of breaks, it would still be country sized.
Assuming they slep eight hours a day, i could see that statement making Seireitei island sized?

If I calced the size of seireitei based on this statement, would that be viable?

Ichiryuu
05-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Assuming they slep eight hours a day, i could see that statement making Seireitei island sized?

If I calced the size of seireitei based on this statement, would that be viable?

Even if you gave them 10 hours of sleep and 14 hours of walking, and you gave them grandpa speed 2kilometers per hour. they would walk 28 kilometers in a day.

it takes 10 days to get to the next gate, which would be 280kilometer walk in 10 days, and thats just to either one of the next gates while theres 4 gates on each side.

so if you wanted to walk around the entire seireitei and get back to where you started you would walk 1120 kilometers over 40 days or 56 hours of walking like a disabled grandpa with 10 hours of rest, perhaps 8 of sleep 2 of breaks per day.

Kane
05-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Even if you gave them 10 hours of sleep and 14 hours of walking, and you gave them grandpa speed 2kilometers per hour. they would walk 28 kilometers in a day.

it takes 10 days to get to the next gate, which would be 280kilometer walk in 10 days, and thats just to either one of the next gates while theres 4 gates on each side.

so if you wanted to walk around the entire seireitei and get back to where you started you would walk 1120 kilometers over 40 days or 56 hours of walking like a disabled grandpa with 10 hours of rest, perhaps 8 of sleep 2 of breaks per day.
Using that figure, we can find thea rea.

1120 km as circumference. Area is equal to Circumference squared over 4 pi. So 1120*1120=1254000. 1254000/4*3.14 or 12.56 = 99872.6115. So the area of Seireitei is about 100,000 km squared.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Iceland

That is about the size of Iceland, so anywhere from large island to small country.

Ichiryuu
05-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Using that figure, we can find thea rea.

1120 km as circumference. Area is equal to Circumference squared over 4 pi. So 1120*1120=1254000. 1254000/4*3.14 or 12.56 = 99872.6115. So the area of Seireitei is about 100,000 km squared.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Iceland

That is about the size of Iceland, so anywhere from large island to small country.

I have my own opinion on how big the seireitei is, just one problem. try convincing it is larger than town or city level, we got rax in here :cake

Kane
05-10-2015, 07:10 PM
I have my own opinion on how big the seireitei is, just one problem. try convincing it is larger than town or city level, we got rax in here :cake
We have statements directly from the manga, Rax literally says it looks like a city because you can see buildings, which sounds more reliable to you?

Ichiryuu
05-10-2015, 07:12 PM
We have statements directly from the manga, Rax literally says it looks like a city because you can see buildings, which sounds more reliable to you?

I know which is more reliable and what I should follow, that doesn't mean Rax will accept it. There's probably other people that won't accept it either and if it's not accepted we can't put it up :cake

Which is why its a pain in the butt to do this stuff with people who can't agree on something with eachother.

Kane
05-10-2015, 07:13 PM
I know which is more reliable and what I should follow, that doesn't mean Rax will accept it. There's probably other people that won't accept it either and if it's not accepted we can't put it up :cake

Which is why its a pain in the butt to do this stuff with people who can't agree on something with eachother.
Perhaps a vote is in order :LOS

W
05-10-2015, 07:32 PM
And Warod called himself weak and that anyone can take him :lmao

It's called being humble.

None of the other Espada even showed anything even close to R2 Ulq. The only difference is that he had trouble controlling his Lanza.

Again, what possible proof do you have of Gremmy > H2 Ichigo or R2 Ulq?
Implying Ulq is as modest or humble as Warrod you fucking dunce. Ulq shat on Ichigo who was barley stronger than Grimmjow, Starrk shat on two captains who should be both stronger than Ichigo.

Rax
05-10-2015, 08:50 PM
And R2 Ulq was fucking beastly as hell.

We have direct scans that show thecomplete size of the Seireitei. It is city sized

Kane
05-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Alright, I decided that we'll have a vote in order to decide whether Yoruichi's statement about the size of Seireitei and if it should be accepted.

W
05-10-2015, 08:53 PM
And R2 Ulq was fucking beastly as hell.

We have direct scans that show thecomplete size of the Seireitei. It is city sized
R2 Ulq was beastly yeah but that doesn't make him the strongest espada. The Seiritei isn't city sized lol.

Rax
05-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Why go for a statement when we have a more recent and direct view of its size?

W
05-10-2015, 08:56 PM
And it looks bigger than a average city, plus there is inconstancies with drawings. Character statements are which aren't contradicted are okay.

Rax
05-10-2015, 08:59 PM
And going with something from hundreds of chapters ago that was only a statement isn't nearly as reliable as a very recent scan of the entire place

W
05-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Even with the recent scan it looks larger than a a stage city and the fact the statement was made aged ago doesn't make it less credible, unless they don't construction work in the seiritei :tom

Rax
05-10-2015, 09:41 PM
And direct scans > Statements :lmao

https://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/soul-societies-wall-changes.png

It's large city sized

Bob
06-26-2015, 12:55 PM
for fun calc, based on balds size of seiretei and assumption on the meteor size (that is it looks like at least 1/5 of the diameter of seireitei):

Just going to simply do a Kinetic energy calc:

Mass:
1/5 x diameter of seireitei (356.5) = 71.3 km as the diameter of the meteor => radius is 35,650 m => volume of the meteor (using volume of sphere formula 4/3*pi*r^3) = 1.897873282*10^14 => mass would therefore be volume*density of stone which is 2700 = 5.124257861*10^17 kg

Speed:
From visiuals we saw the meteor was on fire, therefore atleast hypersonic = 1870 m/s

So KE = 0.5*mass*velocity^2 = 8.959508657*10^23 or 214 teratons of tnt
=> Country Level

This would correspond to kenpachi's DC and gremmy's DC too, but like I said I won't be using this due to the eyeballing of the meteor size, I'd rather take numbers based on statements.

---------------------------
Ofc I may have made some mistakes or unreasonable assumptions etc. So please do check.

Rax
06-26-2015, 04:09 PM
The Seireitei isn't that big

Bob
06-26-2015, 06:28 PM
ok, whatever you say boss :jirou

W
06-26-2015, 07:03 PM
Seiritei looks like a city so it city size amiright Rax :zaru

Spade
06-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Is the meteor that Kenpachi destroyed really island sized?

Bob
06-26-2015, 08:20 PM
should be, comparing it to seireiti (well 71 km)

Spade
06-26-2015, 08:26 PM
should be, comparing it to seireiti (well 71 km)

But is the meteor the same size as Seiretei? All we know is that the meteor was enough to destroy Seiretei, or so they say, but that doesn't mean the meteor is island sized as well.

The force of the meteor impacting on the ground, the acceleration of the meteor and the mass of it should be a factor as well, what you're calcing is more of Gremmy's DC, not Kenny's.

By scaling, you could maybe use it though :hmm

Kane
06-26-2015, 08:28 PM
But is the meteor the same size as Seiretei? All we know is that the meteor was enough to destroy Seiretei, or so they say, but that doesn't mean the meteor is island sized as well.

The force of the meteor impacting on the ground, the acceleration of the meteor and the mass of it should be a factor as well, what you're calcing is more of Gremmy's DC, not Kenny's.

By scaling, you could maybe use it though :hmm
The KE of the meteor was enough to take out a large island sized area. Since Kenpachi destroyed the meteor, it means he at least had the same amount of KE.

Bob
06-26-2015, 08:29 PM
seireitei was 356.5 KM is diameter, the meteor visually looked atleast 1/5 of its size (but still an assumption)
Ken had to atleast match its KE to destroy it otherwise it would've just continued

Spade
06-26-2015, 08:36 PM
The KE of the meteor was enough to take out a large island sized area. Since Kenpachi destroyed the meteor, it means he at least had the same amount of KE.

seireitei was 356.5 KM is diameter, the meteor visually looked atleast 1/5 of its size (but still an assumption)
Ken had to atleast match its KE to destroy it otherwise it would've just continued

Hmm. Okay. I guess that makes sense. :hmm

Still wondering how we're sure the meteor could really destroy Seiretei though

Bob
06-26-2015, 08:39 PM
well in this case its country level DC, so it would atleast destroy seireitei, in the manga it was stated gremmy imagined it to destroy seireitei (but was never limited to just seireitei), so we don't even really need to do a calc to get a mimimun DC for it

Spade
06-26-2015, 08:43 PM
Is Gremmy really able to do something like that just by thinking it? I know his powers revolve and work that way, but isn't that, like, committing NLF? :O

Bob
06-26-2015, 08:52 PM
what would be nlf is that if we say he can summon a bigger meteor than the one he actually imagined.

Albeit if his power scales linearly then he may well be able to make bigger meteors with more clones.

Spade
06-26-2015, 10:16 PM
what would be nlf is that if we say he can summon a bigger meteor than the one he actually imagined.

Albeit if his power scales linearly then he may well be able to make bigger meteors with more clones.

No, what I mean is you're basing the notion that he can destroy the Seiretei because he imagined it when he pulled out the meteorite out of his ass based on the fact that he's done other things with his power.

Assuming he can indeed destroy Seiretei based on feats far below on what he's being claimed to do is what I'm saying NLF is.

Rereading the chapters, I don't think Gremmy could've really destroyed Seiretei, all we really had was a statement from Gremmy himself and some fodder Shinigami. And there's really no way to scale the meteor from the Seiretei. I'm open to be persuaded otherwise though. :33

Bob
06-26-2015, 10:24 PM
u can estimate the size of it from the calc'ed size of seireitei:
http://i32.mangapanda.com/bleach/576/bleach-4893131.jpg

that dome has the same diameter as seireitei

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60745645/Calcs/Scalings/16.png
-----

Also from the points of everyone on the ground it did feel like it would've destroyed seireitei, even haschwald who we've not seen worried of anything but just remain calm, was visibly shaken.

Why not take the statement when that's what he imagined it to do? All his other imaginations were true

------
so its either a calc or the statement

Spade
06-26-2015, 10:30 PM
u can estimate the size of it from the calc'ed size of seireitei:
http://i32.mangapanda.com/bleach/576/bleach-4893131.jpg

that dome has the same diameter as seireitei

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60745645/Calcs/Scalings/16.png
-----

Also from the points of everyone on the ground it did feel like it would've destroyed seireitei, even haschwald who we've not seen worried of anything but just remain calm, was visibly shaken.

Why not take the statement when that's what he imagined it to do? All his other imaginations were true

By eyeballing it, the visible part of the meteor is at least a third of it. And the part of the dome that is shown is only a small portion of it, meaning the meteor does not really have the size to compare to the entire Seiretei. Maybe it could destroy a portion of it, but basing it on the size alone, nah, we don't have enough data to say otherwise.

If we just rely on what others, aka fodders, say, we're not really calcing feats, we're calcing hypotheticals.

Haschwalth seems to be the protective kind though. And Sternritter D didn't seem all that scared though, he seemed a bit shaken but that was about it.

Bob
06-26-2015, 10:38 PM
i wouldnt say thats a small portion, the dome was curving off in that shot, and u can look at the other scan with drawing of the dome,following that curve, so it is possible to estimate the size

----

a large power-up isn't uncommon especially in the final arc, Gremmy was comparable to an elite, from his cloak he was probably meant to be an elite, but since he died askin replaced him, so the feat isn't really coming from a fodder

Everything he imagined came true and did what he wanted it do do ,I don't see why suddenly this feat is different.

----
You say it won't destroy seireitei, but I don't see any evidence for it, the statements and character shots support that it would destroy seireitei, and the calc definitely showed it packed the power to do so

Also askin was sweating so...
and hascwald wouldn't be acting as protective if he didn't feel yhwach was in danger

Fist of Destruction
04-26-2016, 07:36 PM
Should update this

Kane
04-27-2016, 12:32 AM
Should update this
which stats should be updated?

Egress
04-27-2016, 01:21 AM
We might as well give him island-level durability now. Kenpachi tanking Gerard's punches (who can physically clash with Nozarashi) supports the third law argument for kenpachi requiring a body strong enough to handle island-level KE to exert the same KE in busting Gremmy's meteor.

Kane
04-27-2016, 01:23 AM
We might as well give him island-level durability now. Kenpachi tanking Gerard's punches (who can physically clash with Nozarashi) supports the third law argument for kenpachi requiring a body strong enough to handle island-level KE to exert the same KE in busting Gremmy's meteor.
updated