PDA

View Full Version : Any cooking style Mimisaka can't copy?

Void
04-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Is there a cooking style or dish Mimisaka can't copy?

Kusarigama
04-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Ones that require a special talent like Hayama's sense of smell. I also doubt he could make more than an imperfect copy of a dish made by an alumnus or other top tier.

Riki
04-03-2015, 07:20 PM
i feel like he could copy pretty much anything

he might not have certain skills like hayama's sense of smell but that stuff is more important for coming up with the dishes that they're going to make in the first place

he doesn't need that to just copy their dishes, he only needs to stalk them and copy the ingredients they use and the method for cooking that particular dish

we haven't seen most of the top tier chefs yet so it might be different with some of them though

Void
04-03-2015, 07:55 PM
I'd think he'll struggle to replicate Alice's style or maybe even Kurokiba's. No amount of copying will surpass Erina's cooking imo.

X
04-14-2015, 08:35 PM
I feel as if he would have trouble against natural abilities like Erina's "God Tongue" or Hayama's "Aroma" just because they might have several ways of cooking things with the ingredients that they have.

Void
11-24-2015, 07:29 PM
We now know he can't possibly replicate Eishi's. :hhh

Y
11-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Why not? Eishis one of the more likely ones to replicate as theres no actual personal twist which is usually the absolute hardest thing to copy.

Void
11-24-2015, 07:37 PM
Why not? Eishis one of the more likely ones to replicate as theres no actual personal twist which is usually the absolute hardest thing to copy.But the skill level and the fact that Mimisaka adds his own personal touch by taking it a step further. How do you take something that's perfect one step further? :maybe

Y
11-24-2015, 07:39 PM
But the skill level and the fact that Mimisaka adds his own personal touch by taking it a step further. How do you take something that's perfect one step further? :maybe

It's not actually perfect. He just uses a very high level of making the dish without expressing himself in them. Mimisaki actually adding his own style while maintaining that level and technique would add onto it, not take away from it.

The skill difference might be too big though.

Void
11-24-2015, 07:41 PM
It's not actually perfect. He just uses a very high level of making the dish without expressing himself in them. Mimisaki actually adding his own style while maintaining that level and technique would add onto it, not take away from it.It's perfect in his sense, not absolutely perfect. Mimasaka messing with it could ruin the dish. :khaled

Y
11-24-2015, 07:42 PM
It's perfect in his sense, not absolutely perfect. Mimasaka messing with it could ruin the dish. :khaled

It could ruin or enhance it. Depends on if you think a dish without any special note to it is a flaw or not.

What does the first part mean? It's the absolute best he can achieve with his current skillset? Probably.

Crispickle
11-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Anyone beyond his skillreach. Right now, he would lose to most of the 8 autumn election first years.

Void
11-24-2015, 07:53 PM
It could ruin or enhance it. Depends on if you think a dish without any special note to it is a flaw or not.

What does the first part mean? It's the absolute best he can achieve with his current skillset? Probably.I think it's a flaw if he's matched up with a person of identical skill.

It's absolutely perfect in that nothing he or anyone else does to it can enhance it imo. So like a dead end dish. It's not perfect as in the world's absolute best dish.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone beyond his skillreach. Right now, he would lose to most of the 8 autumn election first years.Don't tell me you think he'd lose to Takumi. :facepalm

Crispickle
11-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Don't tell me you think he'd lose to Takumi. :facepalm

He would. Takumi's too fast :kaga

I think he could beat him even before with the necessary intel, but still. Now the gap is wider.

Y
11-24-2015, 08:00 PM
I think it's a flaw if he's matched up with a person of identical skill.

It's absolutely perfect in that nothing he or anyone else does to it can enhance it imo. So like a dead end dish. It's not perfect as in the world's absolute best dish.

That's some bull. Have Shinomiya and Eishi make the same dish and Shinos is going to blow Eishis out of the water.

Everyone with more overall skill than Eishi can enhance the taste of the dish. Unless you wanna exclude adding any other ingredients to it and strictly using Eishis version. In which case he might actually tie with them.

Any worldclass chef can take a dish Eishi made and make it better.

Void
11-24-2015, 08:20 PM
That's some bull. Have Shinomiya and Eishi make the same dish and Shinos is going to blow Eishis out of the water.

Everyone with more overall skill than Eishi can enhance the taste of the dish. Unless you wanna exclude adding any other ingredients to it and strictly using Eishis version. In which case he might actually tie with them.

Any worldclass chef can take a dish Eishi made and make it better.:kanyeshrug

- - - Updated - - -

I think he could beat him even before with the necessary intel, but still. Now the gap is wider.:facepalm

Nordlending
11-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Only abilities that can't be copied that rely on senses and techniques that are to advanced to be copied at his current level.

Crispickle
11-24-2015, 08:37 PM
Any worldclass chef can take a dish Eishi made and make it better.

:giogio

Y
11-24-2015, 08:39 PM
:giogio

You read that right.

Riki
11-24-2015, 08:40 PM

I think he could beat him even before with the necessary intel, but still. Now the gap is wider.

cooking speed a very important component of shokugekis

Crispickle
11-24-2015, 08:42 PM
You read that right.

You wrote that wrong though :maybe

- - - Updated - - -

cooking speed a very important component of shokugekis

It's indicative of a better overall :smug

Void
11-24-2015, 08:43 PM
cooking speed a very important component of shokugekisYeah, whoever goes second most likely wins. :LOS

Y
11-24-2015, 08:43 PM
You wrote that wrong though :maybe

- - - Updated - - -

It's indicative of a better overall :smug

Whatever you say selective reading kun. After all we're reading different series :maybe

Crispickle
11-24-2015, 08:46 PM
Whatever you say selective reading kun. After all we're reading different series :maybe

Mine is called Shokugeki no Souma. Yours? :noworries

- - - Updated - - -

Alice no wank? :kaga

Y
11-24-2015, 08:46 PM
Mine is called Shokugeki no Takumi. Yours? :noworries

Shokugeki no Souma.

Crispickle
11-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Shokugeki no Souma.

More like Takumi no Souma :hurr

Y
11-24-2015, 08:54 PM
:death

Void
11-24-2015, 08:55 PM
More like Takumi no Souma :hurrI like Mimasaka no Takumi better, and it's even canon too. :hurr

Crispickle
11-24-2015, 09:00 PM
I like Mimasaka no Takumi better, and it's even canon too. :hurr

No :pek

And don't show me that panel, I know what horrid joke you're trying to pull :pek

Void
11-24-2015, 09:02 PM
No :pek

And don't show me that panel, I know what horrid joke you're trying to pull :pekYou can't deny the truth, Takumi belongs to Mimasaka now. :hhh

- - - Updated - - -

Along with that short judge too. :tom

Y
11-24-2015, 09:07 PM
You can't deny the truth, Takumi belongs to Mimasaka now. :hhh

- - - Updated - - -

Along with that short judge too. :tom

DO IT