PDA

View Full Version : Taking Advantage Of Situations

X
04-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Do you believe that in a situation where you are allowed to take advantage of something without compromising anything or receiving punishment in return, that you should go ahead to do it? Let me give you an example. At my father's workplace, before the rule was changed, an employee was allowed to take time off using vacation while still receiving overtime if he came to work on a day off. Obviously, some guys would just take sicks days and come in another day, receiving overtime (more money) for working the same amount of hours he would on a normal week. Well technically they did nothing wrong and did everything within the rules, they were still taking advantage of a kind of flaky rule. That rule eventually got changed, and now people cannot earn overtime without working enough hours first. So, do you think people should take advantage of situations like this?

Crispinianus
04-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Play the game, don't let the game play you

Ultra
04-08-2014, 12:14 AM
Of course people will take advantage of a situation if there's little to no consequence to them or anybody else. I don't see the point of this thread.

Live Fast Eat Ass
04-08-2014, 12:21 AM
What else do you do with situations?

X
04-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Of course people will take advantage of a situation if there's little to no consequence to them or anybody else. I don't see the point of this thread.

Well, I am asking if it is right. In the given example, people were basically doing something that was kind of not fair, even though it was within the rules.

Live Fast Eat Ass
04-08-2014, 12:26 AM
Only certain people were allowed to do it?

X
04-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Only certain people were allowed to do it?

No. Everyone could do it. But I am saying that it was a flaw in the system that people took advantage of. That is like saying, if a vending machine was broken, and it was giving out two items each time you purchased a single item, would it be right to keep taking advantage of something that was broken? You certainly aren't going to get punished for taking the two items for the price of one, but is it necessarily the right thing to do?