PDA

View Full Version : Fraternities

pizzadust
03-25-2014, 11:30 PM
As far as networking goes Fraternities are very useful, but there's also lot of substance abuse, claims of Rape, snd accidental deaths(partially due to substance abuse) as well.

What's your opinion of Fraternities?

Enigma
03-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Depends on which fraternity and which college.

For example, my school has like the tamest frats ever. You need to keep your GPA at a certain level to stay a member. And barely any parties wtf :giogio

pizzadust
03-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Depends on which fraternity and which college.

For example, my school has like the tamest frats ever. You need to keep your GPA at a certain level to stay a member. And barely any parties wtf :giogio

That actually sounds perfect.

Crispinianus
03-25-2014, 11:45 PM

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

DoflaMihawk
03-25-2014, 11:49 PM

I don't think you realise how nerdy that sounds.

Sleepah
03-26-2014, 12:15 AM
I'm pretty sure this crap only happens in US Collages. Maybe Canada as well, but I personally haven't seen or heard any yet.

My point of view on this is based on what was depicted in your typical Hollywood movies, wild parties/sex/initiation ceremonies all day erryday, right, except only a donkey would believe that stuff is genuine.

IRL, I'm fairly certain what Enigma said is considered the norm.

also, lol @ the word nerdy
people still say this. Is that supposed to be a bad word?

X
03-26-2014, 12:16 AM
It is an excuse to get a bunch of stupid boys, filled to the brim with testosterone, all together, in order to create more stupidity.

pizzadust
03-26-2014, 12:17 AM
I'm pretty sure this crap only happens in US Collages. Maybe Canada as well, but I personally haven't seen or heard any yet.
My point of view on this is based on what was depicted in your typical Hollywood movies, wild parties/sex/initiation ceremonies all day erryday, right, except only a donkey would believe that stuff is genuine.

IRL, I'm fairly certain what Enigma said is the norm.

Some schools are more fraternity centric than others, and Fraternities are bashed for that type of behavior so its legit, but depends on the college.

It is an excuse to get a bunch of stupid boys, filled to the brim with testosterone, all together, in order to create more stupidity.

The connections are pretty useful though.

X
03-26-2014, 12:22 AM
The connections are pretty useful though.

You can make connections in other ways too. As far as I know, fraternities seem to be a pretty big only America.

X
03-26-2014, 12:25 AM
You can easily network without being part of a fraternity, you just need good social skills.

Do you have fraternities in Ontario? I am pretty sure we got shit all here.

Sleepah
03-26-2014, 12:26 AM
Being around your professors, instructors and teachers in general is ten folds more worthwhile. Though I don't think it's as easy lol

Allara
03-26-2014, 12:27 AM
We dont have them